Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

ayy- yoo yoooooh

It's Hi-yooo, ho-yooo, Pick! Commit to the bit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emulator
Sep 20, 2007
perma-nub

HopperUK posted:

Who is this lady please? I love her and wish to be her.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/zarya/

At least thats what I think of when I watched that, I can't be the only one.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

HopperUK posted:

Who is this lady please? I love her and wish to be her.

Samantha Wright

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Some dudes are really weird about girls having long hair. I had super long hair for the first 20 years of my life before finally gathering the courage to have it all chopped off into a pixie cut. I love it and will never go back to long hair but goddamn a few people had actual meltdowns when they saw me afterwards. Tattooing my face might have merited that kind of reaction but it's just hair guys what's the big deal. As I found out later there are plenty of guys who think short hair on women is super cute, but it really shook me at first.

Generally people have really stupid reasons for the reasons they are attracted to people and usually it's just whatever, people like what they like. Height is another perfect example that's really important to a lot of people (usually women and short guys). I'm guessing tinder and the like have made people a bit more picky and superficial given how dating on those sites tends to focus on looks.

Of course thinking people with short hair are broken is a whole other thing.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

I'm guessing tinder and the like have made people a bit more picky and superficial given how dating on those sites tends to focus on looks.

If we played a thread drinking game with "poster takes a weirdo and tries to lump them in with a larger thing that they don't like" this thread would be hazardous to your health.

Tinder/Millennials/whatever didn't invent the bad thing, grandpa.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Men getting hung up on their wives having long hair is as old as time, lots of religions specifically codify it because husbands got so fed up with short haircuts

In Michigan it used to be a law on the books that men had ownership of their wives' hair when they got married, and cutting their hair without permission first could be grounds for a divorce or fine. I'm not sure exactly when this law was actually one that was being enforced, but it was probably at least a hundred years before Tinder

From my own perspective, I used to really like long hair and I still kind of do? But plenty of women lose their hair (lose their hair. it's not just a thing that happens to men. it's neither rare nor uncommon.) and it's probably something you should minimize your concern over before you get a rude awakening in your 30s or 40s

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 31, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Men with short hair are broken, and have issues, imo.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
women with short hair are hot.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Ride The Gravitron posted:

women with short hair are hot.

:agreed:

Short hair also doesn't smother me when I'm big spoon, so bonus! :glomp:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
"I think you look better with long hair" is an acceptable opinion to have about your girlfriend. What's not acceptable is 1) Not realizing that you caused her to cut off her hair that she loved. 2) No longer wanting to be seen in public or have anything to do with your girlfriend because her hair is short now. Dude is dumb and has dumb opinions about women.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My (f20) boyfriend (m33) and I dating 2 years. He expressed interest in hunting and I gave him an ultimatum because I'm a vegan, aspiring animal rights activist and in school to become a veterinarian. Am I overreacting?Relationships

submitted 8 hours ago * by kombuchaaddictE

To start, I know the age difference is cause for concern. It alarms me as well, partially because of the many age difference opinions I see on this Reddit. This particular fight has nothing to do with our age difference. At least I don't think it does, I'm pretty naive after all. Anyway, my boyfriend is a chef and cooks with meat frequently. I have always been supportive of his cooking ventures and never criticize his usage of meat. Also, he has lots of friends who hunt and I have never said a bad word about them and I think they are all great people. I do understand that hunting can be an important tradition in families/cultures or is necessary in places all over the world. I respect that aspect of hunting. I'm not a crazy person. In the beginning of our relationship, one of the main reasons I fell for him was that he loved animals and had never hunted with no intention of doing so. Tonight, almost 2 years later, he mentions in passing that he has a guaranteed interest in hunting and will probably partake at some point. To me, this was like hearing he had plans to cheat on me someday. We fought all night with the argument escalating to a lot of other issues. Eventually this afternoon I gave him an ultimatum that he had to promise he would never hunt if he wanted to be with me. I'm aware ultimatums are ridiculous and that this one is ridiculous in particular. Unfortunately, I don't see any potential with someone who hunts. His answer was that he couldn't promise me that and that I was being stupid and irrational. As one might expect, I did not appreciate this. Fighting escalated even more, lots of tears and yelling, and we broke up. What I can't tell was if I was being utterly idiotic with my ultimatum... I feel like it was reasonable because he was telling me he would do something that goes against my core values as a human. What's even more heartbreaking is that the option to kill animals is more important to him than me. I know, I know "ask stupid questions, get stupid answers". Was I overreacting and being immature with my ultimatum? Is this something I should reconsider? Should I even be asking him to not hunt or is that being controlling/manipulative?

TLDR: boyfriend of 2 years originally had no plans to hunt then changes his mind out of nowhere. I, a fierce animal lover, gave an ultimatum that if he wanted to be with me then he had to promise to never hunt.

Edit: Thank you for all the responses everyone! First time posting in Reddit...very eye opening experience. Im excited learning about this new perspective on hunting as well!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Edit: Thank you for all the responses everyone! First time posting in Reddit...very eye opening experience. Im excited learning about this new perspective on hunting as well!

A ton of people must have come out and told her that hunting is actually humane if done correctly.

E: lol missed that age gap.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 31, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I'm not a crazy person.

Tonight, almost 2 years later, he mentions in passing that he has a guaranteed interest in hunting and will probably partake at some point. To me, this was like hearing he had plans to cheat on me someday.

Yeah you're not crazy :rolleyes:

EDIT: VVVV oh my gently caress I missed that somehow :stonk:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 31, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

My (f20) boyfriend (m33) and I dating 2 years. He expressed interest in hunting and I gave him an ultimatum because I'm a vegan, aspiring animal rights activist and in school to become a veterinarian. Am I overreacting?Relationships

To start, I know the age difference is cause for concern. It alarms me as well, partially because of the many age difference opinions I see on this Reddit. This particular fight has nothing to do with our age difference. At least I don't think it does, I'm pretty naive after all. Anyway, my boyfriend is a chef and cooks with meat frequently. I have always been supportive of his cooking ventures and never criticize his usage of meat. Also, he has lots of friends who hunt and I have never said a bad word about them and I think they are all great people. I do understand that hunting can be an important tradition in families/cultures or is necessary in places all over the world. I respect that aspect of hunting. I'm not a crazy person. In the beginning of our relationship, one of the main reasons I fell for him was that he loved animals and had never hunted with no intention of doing so. Tonight, almost 2 years later, he mentions in passing that he has a guaranteed interest in hunting and will probably partake at some point. To me, this was like hearing he had plans to cheat on me someday. We fought all night with the argument escalating to a lot of other issues. Eventually this afternoon I gave him an ultimatum that he had to promise he would never hunt if he wanted to be with me. I'm aware ultimatums are ridiculous and that this one is ridiculous in particular. Unfortunately, I don't see any potential with someone who hunts. His answer was that he couldn't promise me that and that I was being stupid and irrational. As one might expect, I did not appreciate this. Fighting escalated even more, lots of tears and yelling, and we broke up. What I can't tell was if I was being utterly idiotic with my ultimatum... I feel like it was reasonable because he was telling me he would do something that goes against my core values as a human. What's even more heartbreaking is that the option to kill animals is more important to him than me. I know, I know "ask stupid questions, get stupid answers". Was I overreacting and being immature with my ultimatum? Is this something I should reconsider? Should I even be asking him to not hunt or is that being controlling/manipulative?

TLDR: boyfriend of 2 years originally had no plans to hunt then changes his mind out of nowhere. I, a fierce animal lover, gave an ultimatum that if he wanted to be with me then he had to promise to never hunt.

She was 18 and he was 31 when they started dating

:barf:

As it turns out when you have a 13 year age gap some maturity/boundary issues might pop up how weird

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shes, theoretically, an animal rights veternarian vegan who changes her opinion on hunting due to internet posts.

Either shes really wishy washy or somebody showed her the video of deer eating nesting baby birds.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Barudak posted:

Shes, theoretically, an animal rights veternarian vegan who changes her opinion on hunting due to internet posts.

Either shes really wishy washy in real life or somebody showed her the video of deer eating nesting baby birds.

somebody could be an animal rights vegan and still morally justify hunting game as a practice

humans eliminated most natural predators of large wild game, in the US and western europe in particular, and without human intervention disease tends to rip through those populations like wildfire. When I lived in Michigan they used to have to hire professionals to come in to the state parks and cull the deer population every couple of years, because if they didn't we'd have huge problems with ticks everywhere and bovine tuberculosis outbreaks causing the deer to painfully waste away (while infecting people's herd animals in the process)

the problem most people have with hunting is that they live in the city bubble and assume hunting is a practice mainly engaged in by sociopaths who like to hurt animals

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
She could've posted in r/vegan if she wanted to be reinforced

Mirthless posted:

She was 18 and he was 31 when they started dating

:barf:

As it turns out when you have a 13 year age gap some maturity/boundary issues might pop up how weird

Ewwwww at first I figured eh, I guess it could be worse and didn't consider that

Anyway for my useless contribution is that I'm vegetarian, husband is vegan. I don't care that my dad hunts. Hunting is more sustainable than factory farming which is where my ethical/environmental values are. If he wants to hunt for a reason like that, go hog wild (lol) but if he just wants to be big boy shoot animal or partake in trophy hunting than gently caress that

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

I [23M] believe I subliminally got into a relationship w/ [22F] to get my sexual inexperience out of the way and now after falling in love, I (obviously) feel like a piece of poo poo. Is there anyway to save my relationship?

I am very sexually inexperienced, and it has always hung over my head like a bad token. Recently, a cute girl I knew I found out liked me back, and we went on a date. I thought gently caress it, it may turn out well and if not, I (might) get my first sexual experience out of the way. Going on a couple months, numerous dates and a lot of fun times together, I feel like we are best friends now and we are official. I might be in love and the feelings mutual. However, after fooling around sexually recently, I believe I subliminally accomplished my original goal and I've fallen a tad bored with her. It's as if she was some checkpoint and now I should reach higher to see how a girl I can pull. This is hosed up. I know it's hosed up. And I hate myself for having this train of though because I want to love her, not be bored with her. I quickly realized she means so much more to me than sexual favors after we finished fooling around, but I couldn't look at her the same. I felt very ashamed. My ideas of her changed so quickly in the time I spent with her. She is such an amazing girl and is everything I've ever wanted in a girlfriend. I desperately want to change my attitude towards her because she means so much to me. Is there anything I can do? My head and heart hurts because I hosed up and all I want is to be her person, but I feel like I don't deserve her. I am lost. Any help is appreciated.

Tl;dr. Subliminally entered a relationship to get past sexual inexperience, after having them, I realized she means so much more than her body to me. Not sure how to get my previous motives out of my head to love her how I want to and how she loves me.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

"I am terrified of change and this is the elaborate way my brain has chosen to sabotage this new paradigm in my life"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
TX - My ex is trying to sue me because I gave her a moissanite ring instead of a diamond ring. (self.legaladvice)

submitted 17 hours ago by Engagementringquest

So we got engaged close to a year ago and broke it off when she cheated. I told her she could keep the ring as I was pissed and wanted no reminders of her.

Funny thing about it is her friend helped me pick out a ring to buy her... then MY friends told me about moissanite stones that look just like diamonds and cost unbelievably less. So instead of spending 2500ish on a diamond ring, I spent about 150ish on a moissanite ring.

She never knew that it was a moissanite stone the entire time.

After the break up she went to have it appraised and was extremely pissed to find out it was barely worth a hundred dollars.

She is on a rampage on social media and threatening to sue saying I lied and scammed her.

What should I do here? I am getting a ton of hate from the women on my facebook page. Some are taking it upon themselves to call my job too to complain. I have explained to my boss the ring fiasco and he finds it hilarious.

But I want it all to stop. Legally what options do I have to stop the harassment? And can she really sue me for giving her a "fake" diamond ring?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sorry buddy, sounds way too hard to continue to do all the same things you are doing and that make you happy. Best dump her now and live a life as a hermit, quietly pondering what might have been if only you had gotten over yourself and admitted you actually liked a girl.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
id bang an 18yo and im 30!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Lol. "He knows it's partly his fault." It's all your fault, fucker!

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Some "traditional" women seem to get real mad when the shiny rock in their ring isn't backed by DeBeers' propaganda.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

TX - My ex is trying to sue me because I gave her a moissanite ring instead of a diamond ring. (self.legaladvice)

submitted 17 hours ago by Engagementringquest

So we got engaged close to a year ago and broke it off when she cheated. I told her she could keep the ring as I was pissed and wanted no reminders of her.

Funny thing about it is her friend helped me pick out a ring to buy her... then MY friends told me about moissanite stones that look just like diamonds and cost unbelievably less. So instead of spending 2500ish on a diamond ring, I spent about 150ish on a moissanite ring.

She never knew that it was a moissanite stone the entire time.

After the break up she went to have it appraised and was extremely pissed to find out it was barely worth a hundred dollars.

She is on a rampage on social media and threatening to sue saying I lied and scammed her.

What should I do here? I am getting a ton of hate from the women on my facebook page. Some are taking it upon themselves to call my job too to complain. I have explained to my boss the ring fiasco and he finds it hilarious.

But I want it all to stop. Legally what options do I have to stop the harassment? And can she really sue me for giving her a "fake" diamond ring?
I'm having a hard time believing women are calling his place of work about this poo poo. No, you dumbass she can't sue you because the ring you bought doesn't have real diamonds. Any time anyone gives you any poo poo about it remind them that she cheated on you and tell them to gently caress off.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dude in the ring story should agree to pay a lawyer an exploration fee if he can come along when she explains her lawsuit.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i gave my wife a ring of salami and she was content

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
shes fatt

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Universe Master posted:

Some "traditional" women seem to get real mad when the shiny rock in their ring isn't backed by DeBeers' propaganda.

I want my rocks dug out of the ground by children baking to death in the sun goddammit! That's why they're worth so much!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Tl;dr: I don't know what subliminally means.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ouhei posted:

I'm having a hard time believing women are calling his place of work about this poo poo. No, you dumbass she can't sue you because the ring you bought doesn't have real diamonds. Any time anyone gives you any poo poo about it remind them that she cheated on you and tell them to gently caress off.

it's plausible at least, if she's a lovely young adult and was counting on hocking the ring to pay rent / buy drugs. that or she's displacing the guilt from blowing up their relationship by finding some reason it was his fault like "he's a cheap gently caress who lied and scammed me"

Mirthless posted:

the problem most people have with hunting is that they live in the city bubble and assume hunting is a practice mainly engaged in by sociopaths who like to hurt animals

she did the right thing tho, because if her boyfriend was that insensitive to who she was as a person that he at 33 years old would just try hunting for the first time, after he's started dating a vegan, then he's just trying to throw his dominance around. the particular thing he's doing doesn't matter - maybe she's a hardcore anti-drunk driver and he's all "hey hon gonna go to the bar and stay late then drive home, cya" and the effect is the same. age gap problems

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 31, 2017

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I want my rocks dug out of the ground by children baking to death in the sun goddammit! That's why they're worth so much!

Diamonds!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNlWbp6LSM

boner confessor posted:

it's plausible at least, if she's a lovely young adult and was counting on hocking the ring to pay rent / buy drugs. that or she's displacing the guilt from blowing up their relationship by finding some reason it was his fault like "he's a cheap gently caress who lied and scammed me"

The ex sure, but the post says "women." I'm also finding it difficult to believe multiple women are acting on the ex's butthurt, probably more like one of her friends posted that she should call his work and complain on FB.

Spot on with the thinking that she wants to deflect the guilt from her cheating tho imo.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 31, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

there's dudes in the comments trying to declare the boyfriend an abuser testing the waters of how far he can push her boundaries lol

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

there's dudes in the comments trying to declare the boyfriend an abuser testing the waters of how far he can push her boundaries lol

i dont think he's an abuser, but i do think he's dumb as gently caress

guessing chef = line cook at applebees

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

hahaha I didn't even see your post about how hunting is just like DWI when I posted that, what is wrong with your brain

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

boner confessor posted:

she did the right thing tho, because if her boyfriend was that insensitive to who she was as a person that he at 33 years old would just try hunting for the first time, after he's started dating a vegan, then he's just trying to throw his dominance around. the particular thing he's doing doesn't matter - maybe she's a hardcore anti-drunk driver and he's all "hey hon gonna go to the bar and stay late then drive home, cya" and the effect is the same. age gap problems

I think you are over attributing malice to this guy's actions, esp. when we don't know anything about the context of him wanting to go hunting

Maybe he met some new friend at work or he has a family member who is really into it? Just assuming this guy is trying to abusively find a way to push her boundaries is reaching more than a little.

The age gap is the real problem here. She is too immature to handle this relationship and he shouldn't be dating people just barely too old to plausibly be his child.

hahaha I didn't even see your post about how hunting is just like DWI when I posted that, what is wrong with your brain

nah man they're exactly the same now let me tell you about this little bar in portland that has the best IPAs...

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

if you're going to date a teenage vegan and you're like "hey hun never hunted before but i'm inexplicably into the idea now and you can't stop me" then you're dumb as hell. doesn't matter what the particular issue is. that's what we call a 'deal breaker'

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
"i hooked up with him because he loves animals too, and if u hunt u cant still love animals, also MUH VEGAN"

also uh, my folks are 11 years apart and it's a stretch, i cant imagine anything else being healthy

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

boner confessor posted:

if you're going to date a teenage vegan and you're like "hey hun never hunted before but i'm inexplicably into the idea now and you can't stop me" then you're dumb as hell. doesn't matter what the particular issue is

no matter what you say, nothing will ever change the fact that you compared "deciding to go hunting" with "deliberately drunk driving"

if you're going to date a teenage vegan you're dumb as hell, period, but it has nothing to do with your hobbies and recreational activities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Upon entering a relationship, your hobbies and interests must be written in stone. Any deviation from these interests will be punished.