Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

So here's how I figure the finale pans out.

They change enough elements of the future but Barry still sees Iris die soooooo he does create a time remnant of Iris and leaves that for Savitar to kill. But original Iris has to watch herself die and she gets CW-angry at Barry for letting it happen so she leaves him and Barry is all sad again.

I don't want Iris gone, but if Barry is all sad again, he's more apt to go back to being a moron!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And Eddie's coming back so when she turns up again they will of course be married.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

So here's how I figure the finale pans out.

They change enough elements of the future but Barry still sees Iris die soooooo he does create a time remnant of Iris and leaves that for Savitar to kill. But original Iris has to watch herself die and she gets CW-angry at Barry for letting it happen so she leaves him and Barry is all sad again.

Yeah I think regardless of anything there is a 100% certainty that we see the exact scene of Savitar holding Iris about to kill her. From there they might do a bunch of different stuff to get her out of there or fake her death or whatever, but we are definitely going to end up in that exact spot.

My preference would be that they just have the team all hiding in different spots and we get Vibe, Killer Frost and the normies shooting at Savitar followed by a massive speedster brawl featuring Barry, Wally, Jay, Jess and hell lets throw in a fifth wildcard. But knowing that this is on the CW it will probably be some weird twist like you said that leads to a melodramatic finale. I can still hope though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want them to vibe every episode and yeah, there's someone new in the scene and by the end of the season the cast of all 4 shows are there. Like, Heatwave is just pounding a six pack one can at a time, he;s not there to help he's just getting poo poo faced.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Guy A. Person posted:

a fifth wildcard

Gorilla Speedster.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Maybe they just give her meta regeneration powers you ever think of that huh

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol it's going to be Laurel Lance using Wells' face switcher dealy, killing her off a 12th time (3rd time on Flash)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

We already have face changing tech.

Julian, not able to shake his demons over working for Savitor, makes the sacrifice for the team by disguising himself as Iris.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Can't they just sacrifice a spare Iris from another Earth?

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

bring back old gbs posted:

Lol it's going to be Laurel Lance using Wells' face switcher dealy, killing her off a 12th time (3rd time on Flash)
Wells is the guy who knows how to work the face-switcher, and he's feeling bad about not being able to prove his worth, and we need to open up that spot for a new 4th-season version of Wells anyway...

Also, sniper-Wells on the roof is 4th-season Wells, here early.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Robot Hobo posted:

Wells is the guy who knows how to work the face-switcher, and he's feeling bad about not being able to prove his worth, and we need to open up that spot for a new 4th-season version of Wells anyway...

Also, sniper-Wells on the roof is 4th-season Wells, here early.

Rooftop Wells might have a gun that shoots drumsticks.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
HR's explanation of the future wanting to happen made no goddamn sense

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

HR's explanation of the future wanting to happen made no goddamn sense

Seems about right.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rhyno posted:

Rooftop Wells might have a gun that shoots drumsticks.

They discover Savitar has a peanut allergy?

Azhais fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 31, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The scene of Savitar killing Iris is going to be the new Reverse Flash killing Norah Allen, in terms of how complicated it's going to get.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Barry goes to save Iris after finishing his Chrono Trigger checklist, only for future-Barry to, again, show up and motion for him to hold off.

Barry then flips him the bird.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
In the end the scene where Savitar kills Iris happens in the Allens' living room while Reverse-Flash is killing Nora, and all of Team Flash are trying to execute their parts of the plan while tripping on alternate Barrys and Thawnes.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Dracorion posted:

In the end the scene where Savitar kills Iris happens in the Allens' living room while Reverse-Flash is killing Nora, and all of Team Flash are trying to execute their parts of the plan while tripping on alternate Barrys and Thawnes.

I want the show to end in Barry seeing the beginning of something terrible, then a explosively increasing number of speeders zoom in and have a massive brawl until the fabric of the universe just can't handle it anymore and spacetime collapses. It's never explained, camera eventually fades to red, the end.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how someone can lead and shoot a speedster moving at mach 2-3 where most people have problem shooting clay pigeons with a shotgun.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rachel Bloom wrote a song for Barry & Kara in the musical, cool.
https://twitter.com/JarettSays/status/826532029697183751

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Spoiler I guess

https://twitter.com/RickCosnett/status/826210277393723392

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm so ready for slightly homosexual greetings to Barry to come back!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I keep forgetting to save it - Anyone got the reverse (heh) Cosnett gif?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Ville Valo posted:

I keep forgetting to save it - Anyone got the reverse (heh) Cosnett gif?
I assume this is the one you mean (spoilers for Quantico)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If they have any sense of humor at all then Eddie will return by swinging in a window.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I can't believe H.R. is loving dead

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

SgtSteel91 posted:

I can't believe H.R. is loving dead

one down infinity to go

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

oh man Cisco is the straight best haha

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

"Don't you get tired of running?" should be the new thread title

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Oh goodness, what has Cisco gotten himself into?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
FAST and HARD

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad Iris is finally being reckless reporter lady who gets herself into trouble.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So knocking her over means he wins? She knocked him over like 4 times!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Cisco continues to be so thirsty you'd think he was dying of dehydration.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Miss Tessmacher cameo, nice.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Tree Dude posted:

So knocking her over means he wins? She knocked him over like 4 times!

She was having an off day

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
it's so great they can just hop over to earth-S

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, I'm not sure if they could have telegraphed speedster stopping powers harder. Cisco is obviously going to figure out how to do that trick to slow Savitar down.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

I'm glad Iris is finally being reckless reporter lady who gets herself into trouble.

"How dangerous could tracking down arms dealers be? I don't die until May" :v: Iris you are not very smart and it doesn't mean you can't die earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
So Zoom becoming the Black Flash when time wraiths caught up with him just paid off on Legends of Tomorrow and it was amazing.

• Locked thread