Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Just rewatched. The other civilians are killed by a Jegan that is trying to hit Marida. Just before this two ReZELs are shown about to enter the colony and a third is launching from the Nahel Argama. A beam weapon melts the door that Banager and co. are near but it's after the other civilians are already dead. The door explodes and a ReZEL emerges but it's a commander type as noted by it's green visor and engages with Marida. Later Riddhe shows up in his ReZEL and it has a red visor, showing that it is not the commander type from earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Stop having fights inside colonies.

Uh, killing people who don't agree the Federation is the best is way more important than the lives of a bunch of spacenoid civvies, actually.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
My favorite colony fight is the start of Zeta where Quattro chastises the Titans/Federation for fighting inside a colony despite him leading a raid on the colony they are currently fighting in.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My favourite is still the Launcher Strike causing Heliopolis to rip itself apart. "NO YOU IDIOT! DON'T FIRE LAUNCHER CANNON INSIDE THE COL-*BWAAAAM*"

Of course, it's their own fault in the first place. I mean really, who's the real idiot here? The random pressganged civilian they just handed that weapon to - who has little clue how incredibly powerful it is - or the military members who just had said modular weapon system mounted instead of something else? :v:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Why is Chapman a perfidious terminator?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
will we get the rest of Gundam: The Origin, I wonder?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Race Realists posted:

will we get the rest of Gundam: The Origin, I wonder?

A two-parter covering Operation British and the Battle of Loum is scheduled for later this year.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I think it's just one part that combines Loum and British into one operation and another part focusing on Char between Loum and the start of MSG.

And that second part is for 2018.

Belzac fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 30, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Belzac posted:

I think it's just one part that combines Loum and British into one operation and another part focusing on Char between Loum and the start of MSG.

And that second part is for 2018.

Oh, well, maybe you're right. Either way, that first bit is what I'm most looking forward to.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to mass genocide and nuclear counterattacks against civilian populations followed by an apocalyptic clash that so thoroughly wrecks both sides' capability to fight that the Earth Sphere is left reeling for decades afterwards. Fun times.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Going through the origin books and I really hope they eventually get through it (at a quicker pace please?). I really love the changes made to the story so far (just finished vol 5) like the sensible idea of white base traveling to jaburo down the west coast of the americas, instead of going around the world first.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anyone else think that Banagher is a cyber newtype? That's what I was getting from cardeas' explanation of why banagher's mom took him away and all ban's weird flashbacks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Anyone else think that Banagher is a cyber newtype? That's what I was getting from cardeas' explanation of why banagher's mom took him away and all ban's weird flashbacks.

People have theorized that but nothing backs it up and every bit of material that classifies him classifies him as a true Newtype, not a cyber.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Shame, that might have actually made him somewhat interesting

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Shame, that might have actually made him somewhat interesting

Eh, if it had been touched on in the series maybe but without that there's no real meaningful difference except maybe some slight context changes to his actions.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
They make it clear in Unicorn that there is no real difference between a cyber newtype and a "true" newtype.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I dunno, a cyber newtype transcending his artificial nature to become a full newtype would be an interesting development. It'd also be neat to see how it might change his relationship with the other cyber newtypes in the show as opposed to his confrontational relationship with riddhe as a natural one

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
That story is already in, it's Marida's.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Everyone you know and love is a newtype.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Belzac posted:

They make it clear in Unicorn that there is no real difference between a cyber newtype and a "true" newtype.

There's a scene where a doctor is holding Marida's health scan and it is full of horrible poo poo like cardiomyopathies, muscular dystrophia and neural damage. Although I venture that a result of the dodgy cloning done by Glemy Toto the Creep.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Belzac posted:

Marida says that Banagher was able to take control of the machine and stop the NT-D because he was a true newtype. There's gotta be something different.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Monaghan posted:

Marida says that Banagher was able to take control of the machine and stop the NT-D because he was a true newtype. There's gotta be something different.
It was thanks to Banagher's BESP (But Even So Power), naturally.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Monaghan posted:

I think that was meant metaphorically, as in he embodies what a newtype should be.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Its been a while, but could she have more meant he's a real deal Newtype that could connect with anyone and was the bright future ushering being that Newtypes are in theory rather than a Cyber vs Natural thing?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It does not change that Banagher sucks and I hate him.:colbert:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'm Getting My GF To Watch Gundam update: due to scheduling issues I've decided to watch with her earlier. We're now at episode 11 of Build Fighters. She likes Aila, hates Nils.

It was the bromance between Sei and Reiji that got her hooked. Right now she refuses to watch other shows, claiming that I've spoiled her towards anything Gundam. (I mean, what do I do, show her Gundam Wing?)

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

(I mean, what do I do, show her Gundam Wing?)

I suggest you show her a good show instead.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Schneider Heim posted:

I'm Getting My GF To Watch Gundam update: due to scheduling issues I've decided to watch with her earlier. We're now at episode 11 of Build Fighters. She likes Aila, hates Nils.

It was the bromance between Sei and Reiji that got her hooked. Right now she refuses to watch other shows, claiming that I've spoiled her towards anything Gundam. (I mean, what do I do, show her Gundam Wing?)

That is a good idea because Gundam Wing is good.

It has bromance, awesome music, some kickass ladies she might relate to, and more.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Droyer posted:

I suggest you show her a good show instead.

ahh, the "Gundam Wing is bad" meme

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's below average gundam to me. I really like Endless Waltz though so go figure.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Schneider Heim posted:

Show her Gundam 00 and the abusive romance between Setsuna and the Exia Gundam.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7SloE7AjqI&hd=1

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Is this for or against the show? I can never tell.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
gundam wing isnt bad, just crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD2346AopZA

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

NikkolasKing posted:

Is this for or against the show? I can never tell.

I don't know

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Ka0 posted:

There's a scene where a doctor is holding Marida's health scan and it is full of horrible poo poo like cardiomyopathies, muscular dystrophia and neural damage. Although I venture that a result of the dodgy cloning done by Glemy Toto the Creep.

Conversely, both Frontal and Marida trigger the NT-D system despite not being full newtypes, Marida fully melds with the lifestream and becomes pure Obi-wan despite being a cyber newtype, Riddhe is fully swallowed by the NT-D system despite being a full newtype and is only release from it by Marida who is a cyber newtype, Frontal straight up says he used to be a vessal with no will of his own but has become self deterministic despite his origin, Marida bucks her programming and stops calling people Master, etc, etc, etc.

You have to remember, literally everyone in UC is a newtype, just few people have awakened to it. See: ZZ where they talk about this.

Schneider Heim posted:

After Build Fighters and Try I showed my GF Turn A and she loved it.

Belzac fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 2, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Turn-A having an interesting setting, a heavy emphasis on plot and character over action, and several strong female characters driving the plot would make it a good contender.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Belzac posted:

After... Try...

What'd your poor girlfriend do to deserve that? :stare:.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Belzac posted:

You have to remember, literally everyone in UC is a newtype, just few people have awakened to it. See: ZZ where they talk about this.

What about Yazan?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Yazan has such a strong presence he confuses Reccoa to the point of fainting. Scirocco and her talk about this later. He also kills a bunch of confirmed newtypes which is something no other "oldtype" is shown to be able to do. He's also dreamy.

Also Try suffers from being not as good as BF, it's not a bad show in itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rewatching F91 I forgot how strong a lot of its individual segments are. Seabook and Cecily are relatively well adjusted for Tomino protagonists too.

On the other hand lol Iron Mask.