Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extra bird parts
Apr 30, 2012

creepy blue bird with an upset expression crashing into a fire truck and causing an explosion in the style of vaporwave aesthetics

Mirthless posted:

it's generally safe to eat barnyard animals (esp. if it's fresh and you know you can trust the source) at any level of doneness, though chicken can be pretty risky. beef is completely harmless. animals kept in clean conditions shouldn't have salmonella infections or parasites. domesticated pigs haven't given anyone trichinosis in decades. you can't count on the conditions game animals are kept in, though, and you should generally cook the meat pretty thoroughly.
Except for the :toxogond:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Am I [21F] too sensitive or does my boyfriend [20M] talk to me with no respect?

quote:

I've always been a highly sensitive person, but something feels a little off with my new boyfriend in the way he talks to me at times. We've been dating since November and usually he's a wonderful person, and treats me great. It's just instances here and there that really rubs me the wrong way and makes me feel like I'm really stupid. A few examples:
  • I asked if I had forgotten my nasal spray at his place as I couldn't find it. He just looked at me with an odd face and kinda chuckled asking "How should I know?" I said in case he had found it somewhere in his house, and he just said "No, you put it in your bag. You should know."

• We were out one weekend, and I was asking the people there the number for a cab. No one knew it so he said really abruptly with a stern look "google it" while looking down at his phone.

• We were working out together and I asked him why he hadn't brought my water bottle with the rest of his things, and he looked at me with a pretty much disgusted face asking "What? Why would I do that?"

• I told him I like to sing, and he said "Well, I mean you're no good at it." He has never heard me sing properly, ever.

• I was casually talking about me playing sims the other day, and all he had to say was "Well, the sims is the dumbest, most daft game in the world. Jesus." I never asked his opinion, and it just seemed.. a little aggressive for what I was talking about.

• A few days ago we were at the movies. A sex scene came on and he asked me "Why are you never that enthusiastic?" I was incredibly blown away by what he said, and had no idea what to think. All I could say was "Never ever compare me to another girl like that ever again." And he started hugging me and told me was kidding. It didn't sound like a joke at all. I have never heard a boyfriend "jokingly" ask that before. When I confronted him about it a few days later, he got a little irritated and said "I wouldn't be pissed if you joked about that. I was kidding.." He seemed genuinely annoyed that I was still upset over him saying that. He didn't seem to understand at all.
Idk. Whenever I confront him about it he just tells me that he was kidding and kinda demeans my feelings of being hurt, or that I have to tolerate sometimes being talked to in a stern voice. I have very low self esteem and was bullied for being "dumb" a lot back in high school. I have ADD and am certainly not dumb, but he makes me feel like it the way he talks to me at times.
tl;dr: I feel like my boyfriend talks down to me at times. Wondering if I'm being too sensitive.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mirthless posted:

There are sperm donors who have had to pay child support. If they could prove he was the actual biological father they could go after him for child support. The paternity test is a dumb idea, hopefully he'll pursue it, it'll backfire, and he'll end up paying child support and telling his neighbors not to trust him around their kids for the next 20+ years
There are also plenty of people who aren't the biodad who have to pay child support cause they're on the birth certificate, if the other guy is acting as the father when the kid is born and is on the certificate, he's the one on the hook for it in most states as far as I know (but ianal).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Charles Get-Out posted:

oh honey... :(

:murder: him

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Pick posted:

I always order vegan dishes at Indian restaurants because hell, why not? delicious.

I was just in india and the food was all amazing. Still gotta eat paneer though, that poo poo's awesome, no vegan for me.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Gardein is a great brand if you want to try and ease someone into it. Their fishless fillets look and taste so much like real fish that it's honestly a little weird.

Charles Get-Out posted:

"gary" was from some angry cheese eater's rage FB post

fake edit, found it:

Oh right I've seen that post, though I think many vegans have actually shrugged that off and embraced. In my experience anyways.

Agree to :murder: jerk boyfriend. What a loser

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 31, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Would vegans be okay with bivalves, they're practically plants.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
some days it feels like I'm getting a little liberal with the :murder:, but I look back and I never really feel differently about it

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

There are also plenty of people who aren't the biodad who have to pay child support cause they're on the birth certificate, if the other guy is acting as the father when the kid is born and is on the certificate, he's the one on the hook for it in most states as far as I know (but ianal).

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/justice/kansas-sperm-donation/

the situation is clearly different (boyfriend is also male) but if boyfriend leaves and decides he doesn't want to pay for kid who is provably not his, you better believe biodad will be paying for it if it comes to court.

Charles Get-Out posted:

it's clear boyfriend is disrespectful but i think it's also clear that she's way, way too sensitive and probably blowing some of these out of proportion

they should probably not be dating (and probably won't be for much longer)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mirthless posted:

it's clear boyfriend is disrespectful but i think it's also clear that she's way, way too sensitive and probably blowing some of these out of proportion

quote:

Whenever I confront him about it he just tells me that he was kidding and kinda demeans my feelings of being hurt, or that I have to tolerate sometimes being talked to in a stern voice.

:colbert::murder:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

ArbitraryC posted:

Would vegans be okay with bivalves, they're practically plants.

Some are, some aren't. I'm fine with it myself, but I'm also fine with honey. That's like social suicide with some vegans though

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mirthless posted:

they should probably not be dating (and probably won't be for much longer)

Charles Get-Out posted:

I was casually talking about me playing sims the other day, and all he had to say was "Well, the sims is the dumbest, most daft game in the world. Jesus." I never asked his opinion, and it just seemed.. a little aggressive for what I was talking about.

lmao somehow this one in particular sticks out as just gratuitiously, pointlessly lovely. like, the rest are mostly standard selfish rear end in a top hat kid but, what did he stand to gain here, what possible interpretation would there be for behaving like this except consciously trying to make her miserable

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 31, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My [21F] Boyfriend [20] of 6 months said that he doesn't believe the 'official story' of the holocaust

Ah to be young and in love again, ready to spend another weekend with my significant other "just asking questions".

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

there's enough excellent vegan dishes to last anyone a lifetime and exactly none of them are the meatless cheeseless attempts at meat and cheese dishes

My [21F] Boyfriend [20] of 6 months said that he doesn't believe the 'official story' of the holocaust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jk9633YgKU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Charles Get-Out posted:

"gary" was from some angry cheese eater's rage FB post

fake edit, found it:

Seems reasonable to me. Don't come into my house with fake cheese, I'll throw your rear end out into the cold and dark.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lol ty for this

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

lmao somehow this one in particular sticks out as just gratuitiously, pointlessly lovely. like, the rest are mostly standard selfish rear end in a top hat kid but, what did he stand to gain here, what possible interpretation would there be for behaving like this except consciously trying to make her miserable

I was talking about these:

quote:

I asked if I had forgotten my nasal spray at his place as I couldn't find it. He just looked at me with an odd face and kinda chuckled asking "How should I know?" I said in case he had found it somewhere in his house, and he just said "No, you put it in your bag. You should know."

We were out one weekend, and I was asking the people there the number for a cab. No one knew it so he said really abruptly with a stern look "google it" while looking down at his phone.

We were working out together and I asked him why he hadn't brought my water bottle with the rest of his things, and he looked at me with a pretty much disgusted face asking "What? Why would I do that?"

None of these are themselves unreasonable things to say to a person (maybe the first one is a little on the curt side) and the only thing that makes them unreasonable is the emotional response she read from him, which can often be whatever your brain decides to interpret it to be. Like I said: He is clearly a disrespectful jerk, but I think she is probably a little on the sensitive side. Just more reasons to not be together.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

i invited someone over to my place and they saw an animation cel from a movie and their immediate response was "wow, that movie is a piece of poo poo, why do you own this? you don't like that loving movie do you?"

well i happen to like both that movie and :murder:, bucko

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I have to say, irrational hatred of the sims is some of the weirdest toxic masculinity out there

"It's a thing GIRLS like! That's STUPID!"

you loving children, just make your mob boss marry the (videogame) president and kill them both (the videogame characters) with a swimming pool like all the other people who aren't allergic to fun

edit: editing my post to prevent upsetting the secret service

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

i invited someone over to my place and they saw an animation cel from a movie and their immediate response was "wow, that movie is a piece of poo poo, why do you own this? you don't like that loving movie do you?"

well i happen to like both that movie and :murder:, bucko

What movie

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I [22/m] don't understand why I can't be with my ex [20/f]. Is there a way to persuade her?

quote:

I broke up with my ex in early May because my mom didn't think that we were right for each other. Our family is kind of wealthy and my ex's family is not. My mom said that we just wouldn't be able to understand each other and because my ex is not white, my mom implied that our children would be confused and hated.

When I broke up with my ex, I told her that I didn't really want to, but my mom thought we wouldn't work out due to our class divides and different races. It really hurt to breakup with the first girl that I loved and I felt like I was throwing 2 years away.

She cried and begged me to stay with her but I couldn't. She called me the next day so that we could meet but I hung up on her because I couldn't really deal with all of that.

She sent me one last email telling me that she loved me, but I ignored it and I didn't contact her for her birthday.

A few weeks ago, I realized that I made a mistake and I tried to call her but her phone number had changed. I sent her an email telling her that I would like to reconcile and she replied,

"Jew-ish12,
This email is unexpected and unwanted. I am going to reply to you anyway because I know how much it hurts to be ignored; especially by someone that you care about.

I am in a relationship with someone else right now, so we cannot be together. However, I wouldn't date you again even if I were single. You were incredibly callous to me and broke up with me because your mom wanted you to. I gave you all that I had and I loved you dearly.

Had you sent this email a few months ago, I would have gladly taken you back. Had you sent this email instead of telling me that I couldn't go to your graduation, I would have been ecstatic. I've had a lot of time to think about our relationship, and I realized that you didn't want a girlfriend, you wanted a mother. I had to do your laundry (I can't get the images of your poop stains out of my mind) and tuck you in, and boy does the list go on.

Tell your mother that I said thanks. And never contact me again"

I feel like she is just being really emotional and not thinking clearly. This is the same girl who told me a few months ago that she would always love me. We had names for our kids picked out. We were each other's first everything. How could she throw that away? Is there anyway to change her mind? I'm thinking of sending her a Coach bag.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

What movie

princess mononoke

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Pick posted:

princess mononoke
No way!!! Jealous. That person was an idiot. We had someone try to tell us they hated Miyazaki movies because there's no emotion at all in the characters faces :what:

Similarly, we met a friends roommate and somehow playing video games came up and that we enjoy them and she goes "I'd rather stare at a blank wall all day because video games are so stupid", then goes on to trash talk the town we all live in. Needless to say she turned out to be a real treat.

quote="A Wizard of Goatse" post="468937631"]
I [22/m] don't understand why I can't be with my ex [20/f]. Is there a way to persuade her?
[/quote]

Ohhhh my god. Oh my goodness. This is...a gift. Thank you. Wow.

Whoever that guy marries needs to be prepared for the ride of her life with her new monster in law.

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 31, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

princess mononoke

extra :murder:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

princess mononoke

not liking princess mononoke is definitely grounds for :murder:

pretty sure you'd be acquitted if that ever went to trial

"your honor, I understand that murder is a crime, but did society really lose someone of value?"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
So poor, so black.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I know! I'll send her a coach bag! If my mom taught me anything, it's that you can buy love with gifts and cash.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

Pick posted:

princess mononoke

At least it wasn't Nausicaa

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

quote:

It's just so hard. I just don't understand why she doesn't want to be with me. We were together for 2 years. How could she just forget everything that we went through?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Oh lord this is a treasure. What a dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb idiot.

quote:

It's just so hard. I just don't understand why she doesn't want to be with me. We were together for 2 years. How could she just forget everything that we went through?

Pleassssseeee tell me someone has asked him why he didn't want to be with her. Like why does this logic apply to her, but not dumb manbaby with poopy diapers.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Whoever that guy marries needs to be prepared for the ride of her life with her new monster in law.

quote:

She was just sharing her experiences with me. She's way older than me so she knows more about the world than I do. Also, this was my first relationship.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

TheAsterite posted:

At least it wasn't Nausicaa

if somebody made fun of a nausicaa animation cel in my house i'd have to invoke the castle doctrine

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

This is the best because she calmly lays out exactly why they can't be together in her email and he's all "but she said she looooooooved me!"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Charles Get-Out posted:

Oh lord this is a treasure. What a dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb idiot.

Yeah this is my favorite in ages.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

this guy has a loving raging oedipus complex, my god

dude, just gently caress your mom already, she's probably into you too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

Had you sent this email a few months ago, I would have gladly taken you back. Had you sent this email instead of telling me that I couldn't go to your graduation, I would have been ecstatic.

Pick posted: