Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Did you duplicate and Void a Void? I think weird poo poo starts happening when you do.

What kind of weird poo poo? I'm kind of curious what that would even do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm so sick of the flooded caves, I wish there were an item that would grant me immunity to seeing them.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

xanthan posted:

What kind of weird poo poo? I'm kind of curious what that would even do.

Yeah, me too. Can someone find a seed where Eden starts with Diplopia and Void is on the first floor?

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Antibirth memo:

Ludovico + the menorah crashes your game.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I did an Eve run for Greedier mode yesterday. I managed to survive a whole floor with just half a heart, and then the game started giving me great items... I found God Head and Sacred Heart and a few other damage ups, I got a good tear fire rate, Chaos and the Guppy transformation. By the "Store" floor every enemy was melting after one-hit.

And then I reached the final Ultra Greed fucker (sadly with no invincibility items) and it still took minutes to beat the first phase (how is that fair and good design, Ed? ) and then died when the UG's second phase had barely any health remaining.

I was so proud of that run, because technically I didn't do any of the breaking game stuff to become overpowered. And the game screwed me over. drat it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Why doesn't the map or compass negate Curse of The Lost?
Flaming items kill the detriment to Curse of Darkness, after all.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The meaningful thing that Curse of the Lost does is negate those items. Curse of Darkness is just dumb since it's negated by turning up your brightness.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

AbstractNapper posted:

And then I reached the final Ultra Greed fucker (sadly with no invincibility items) and it still took minutes to beat the first phase (how is that fair and good design, Ed? ) and then died when the UG's second phase had barely any health remaining.
I can respect that he wants health scaling, but it shouldn't be on Big Horn at all and it shouldn't be as intense as it is on all four of Hush/Ultra Greed/Ultra Greedier/Delirium.

Related, do Big Horn's hands have less armor, or take more damage or something? I had an Ipecac run and he took not much from shots to the head but hand shots did three or four times as much.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Delirium has no scaling, just an absurd amount of HP. 10,000, I believe.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My preferred reward for ultra hard would be an option to zot something. Don't like an item? Select it and it never shows up again. Hate a curse? Pick it and it's gone. Just one slot that you can pick between would have been a really good reward for that awful challenge.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Decided to install Antibirth after finding out that the installation creates a standalone folder instead of overwriting the base game.

Holy poo poo, this is like night and day. :holy:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Bloody Pom posted:

Decided to install Antibirth after finding out that the installation creates a standalone folder instead of overwriting the base game.

Holy poo poo, this is like night and day. :holy:

I tried but I couldn't get antibirth to work, it always crashes. :(

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

I tried but I couldn't get antibirth to work, it always crashes. :(

Try doing a clean install of Rebirth, and make sure you untick Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ in your DLC list before running the installation. Once it's installed you can enable them again. The installer works by cloning and patching the game folder, so any DLC files will break it.

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth

Bloody Pom posted:

Try doing a clean install of Rebirth, and make sure you untick Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ in your DLC list before running the installation. Once it's installed you can enable them again. The installer works by cloning and patching the game folder, so any DLC files will break it.
I had to run the base game once after disabling the DLC before installing so I could get the mod to launch without crashing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i know there are a zillion ways to break the game but i didnt anticipate that the d6 + sackhead would be such a low effort one

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Sackhead lends itself to a LOT of game breakers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It also slows the run waaaay down.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Can I play Antibirth on my Macintosh computer system?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Greenplastic posted:

Can I play Antibirth on my Macintosh computer system?

Aside from using Wine, no.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Andrast posted:

Aside from using Wine, no.

Sigh, time to get a PC. drat Macintosh computers can't do anything

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Today's daily is pretty rad, you start as Azazel and there's a magic mushroom on the second floor. It Lives is straight up, to the right on Womb II, so you can save a mapping card for Sheol.

Also finally got The Marathon :woop:

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
So aside from Antibirth hopefully getting there one day, roughly how many "Substantial" AB+ projects are out there now and which look to perhaps go the distance to be worth keeping tabs on? Offhand, I recall one based on some YT/Streamer personality somehow, another in the early phases called Holybirth, and one other that escapes me at the least...

Then again, I suppose a lot of this comes down to exactly how much will be officially consumed by the Feb update and whatnot and those for the next good few months.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I was playing Hard Mode with Maggy last night, as I'm trying to beat Delirium with people. However, I never fought him, and cleared the chest and Mega Satan instead. However, it said I had unlocked "Red Baby", at least I thought so. I've beaten Mega Satan with her before, and I can't find anything about "Red Baby", even as a co-op baby, online. Does anyone know what this is?

EDIT: I found it on the wiki instead of Platinum God, but it doesn't appear to be new. I'm not sure why I just then got the unlock notification.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good news everyone i got the 5 Nights at Moms cheevo

did isaac as my last run and was really getting hosed with my early pickups and couldnt find the energy to reroll many of em. got bomb bag, skipped the ripped tower card, got like a health up and then wooden spoon and then some dumb familiar. ended up making the tough choice to ditch my 4 hearts to take dead cat and go for guppy, which i didnt actually get, but then managed to scrape by with half a heart for almost a whole floor and get some damage items

the howl at the moon thing ended up being really helpful because it got me 3 different trapdoors, in addition to the hidden rooms which i probably wouldve been thorough in searching for anyway. was able to reroll those trapdoor drops. also ended up getting uh the halo and that other stats up item that makes you bigger AND accidentally ate a makes you larger pill so i ended up doing a shitload of damage but i was huge and couldnt dodge bullets for poo poo. got down to my last 3 lives before i could beat satan that was intense yall

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is there a Cheat Engine script or something to unlock the "played X dailies in a row" achievements? I know I'm going to miss a day at some point and quit caring forever so I'll just use them in a few months if they exist :shobon:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is there a Cheat Engine script or something to unlock the "played X dailies in a row" achievements? I know I'm going to miss a day at some point and quit caring forever so I'll just use them in a few months if they exist :shobon:

In theory you could use Steam Achievement Manager and unlock it, then go into your save file's stats screen and do the Alt+F2 thing to unlock it in-game. Right now I'm just starting up Isaac in the morning and killing myself on the first thing I see that can hurt me. Only twenty days to go!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I didn't know there WAS an alt-f2 thing! I could just do that, yeah. Or :gitgud: at caring enough to not miss a day :shobon:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Antibirth has a devblog now.

Highlights include:

-First major patch should drop by the end of the week.

-Looking at implementing an auto-updater.

-More enemies/bosses/items planned.

-Afterbirth+ support is still on the cards.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Twitch is sponsoring a return of BoILR and I was really excited and then remembered that means I need to listen to Crumps again

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
BOILR?

Also, I just read on the wiki... "Void absorbing Void has no effect." Sad times.

Also if you drop Void and find it again because of a victory lap/chaos being weird/whatever, it will still have the same powers attached to it. That's kind of nifty.

I think Void absorbing Void should do something though... man I wish I knew LUA.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"Defeating Mom has a 5% chance of instantly teleporting Isaac to The Void if he has 100+ tear damage or 20+ items."

So looks like there is an unavoidable void teleport and not just fatfingering into a portal as it appears

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I finally beat every final boss on hard with every character, and have all the challenges beaten. I am 5 achievements away from 1000000%: 2 Daily cheeves (easy enough), the 2 streak achievements (harder but doable if I am not an idiot), and ZIP!

.....how the gently caress do you do ZIP!? Getting to Mom in under 20 is bad enough, but the loving Lamb? The only though that comes up is using a sacrifice room within the first 3 floors, and even then you have to be lucky and manage our hearts to pull off 10+ room uses. Then there's the dilemma that your are heavily underpowered in the Dark Room and your only hope is get lucky and have chests spawn.

Any tips on getting this dumb cheeve?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleopolis posted:

I finally beat every final boss on hard with every character, and have all the challenges beaten. I am 5 achievements away from 1000000%: 2 Daily cheeves (easy enough), the 2 streak achievements (harder but doable if I am not an idiot), and ZIP!

.....how the gently caress do you do ZIP!? Getting to Mom in under 20 is bad enough, but the loving Lamb? The only though that comes up is using a sacrifice room within the first 3 floors, and even then you have to be lucky and manage our hearts to pull off 10+ room uses. Then there's the dilemma that your are heavily underpowered in the Dark Room and your only hope is get lucky and have chests spawn.

Reset till you get something grotesquely overpowered and pray

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.

Waffleopolis posted:

Do it on a victory lap, when you restart in the basement quit to the menu then continue. Unless they fixed that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

good news everyone i got the 5 Nights at Moms cheevo

Exactly what do you need to do for this? I just completed a streak with Samson, Eden, Lazarus (started as Lilith but got transformed with Rags), Isaac and Azazel, but I didn't get the achievement. I know the Lazarus run counted because I did get the achievement for a three run streak from that.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

Reset until you get crickets head, epic fetus or a good combo like broken teleporter and a 0/1 use item. Or restart as Eden and hope for good starting items.
The basic strategy involves skipping as many rooms/floors as possible with explosives, teleports or other tricks.

Also mapping in general speeds up the later floors much more than you would expect. And We Need To Go Deeper can speed up the depths/wombs if you feel like your gear is good enough.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Had a near perfect Antibirth run, turns out Polyphemus, Soy Milk, the Brain Worm trinket and a bunch of tear ups is a pretty ridiculous combination.

Managed to get the Witness down to his second phase, probably would have won the DPS race had I not blown my soul hearts on stupid environmental hazards.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Today's daily is pretty rad, you start as Azazel and there's a magic mushroom on the second floor. It Lives is straight up, to the right on Womb II, so you can save a mapping card for Sheol.

Today's daily is exactly the same as yesterdays, down to pill effects. Took the shade on floor 2 and the only thing that changed was nothing at all.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Yeah it took me half the run to realize oh today is groundhogs day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ayn Randi posted:

"Defeating Mom has a 5% chance of instantly teleporting Isaac to The Void if he has 100+ tear damage or 20+ items."

So looks like there is an unavoidable void teleport and not just fatfingering into a portal as it appears

This happened to me twice, once on a run where I thought I just stood directly where the portal spawned like a dumbass and ruined a potential 4x victory lap run, then a second time when I was doing Delirium on Eve and at the end of the Mom fight I made sure I was in like the upper right corner of the room.

Atomicated posted:

Yeah it took me half the run to realize oh today is groundhogs day.

That's hilarious, and unless I choke bigtime that puts me back at a 4x daily win streak - did anyone get the Guppy transformation yesterday? I got two pieces (Guppy's Tail in a Devil Deal, Guppy's Head in a curse room) but never found a third.

Waffleopolis posted:

I've been waiting to do that one (I'm down to 10 achievements from 100000000%) but that's going to be my time to cash in Eden tokens. An Epic Fetus or Ipecac start into bombing a donation machine for an early compass/map seems like the easiest way to do it to me.