Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Barkley doesn't even watch the games and is frequently just winging it. He doesn't put in the work that one should when hosting that show but he can go out there say bullshit and people eat it up.

gently caress Charles Barkley. Motherfucker literally tried to say that racial profiling was black people's fault. gently caress him forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

predicto posted:

then called out management for not doing enough to win.

Once again, Lebron actually said he thinks management is doing a great job and praised them for what they've done so far. I don't know where people get "he threw the FO under the bus" but being right about a backup PG is a pretty big leap.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Charles has been gradually declining for years now so it's hard to pinpoint the moment he went from "really funny" to "mostly annoying"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Literally all LeBron said is he wants a playmaker and Backup PG so him and Kyrie aren't getting ground into dirt. Then you have a whole bunch of "reports" and sources saying LeBron is mad at Gilbert and Griffen and all sorts of other likely bullshit and prognostication.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Time posted:

Charles has been gradually declining for years now so it's hard to pinpoint the moment he went from "really funny" to "mostly annoying"
It's probably your tastes that have changed, not him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao shut the gently caress up Wade

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

Literally all LeBron said is he wants a playmaker and Backup PG so him and Kyrie aren't getting ground into dirt. Then you have a whole bunch of "reports" and sources saying LeBron is mad at Gilbert and Griffen and all sorts of other likely bullshit and prognostication.

More specifically, he said the FO is doing a great job and he wants to retire in Cleveland. But we'll just cut around those quotes, doesn't get the same click-through rate.

Also the whole "Lebron is just getting his friends paid" is pretty funny since he doesn't seem too broken up about the Love/Carmelo trade falling through. Carmelo is a very good friend of his, and Love is a weirdo that only was brought into the group when Frye found a picture that sorta looked like Kevin Love in a fashion advert.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

b-b-b-b-b-but... GM Lebron! He's angry! He's mad that the team is losing! He's selfish and bad! Our clicks!!!!!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I completely forgot that Wade and Chuck were seemingly good friends at one point

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

predicto posted:

Barkley is a loud-mouthed fool, but I love him. His job is to entertain, and he does it.

I generally respect the hell out of Lebron, but every once in a while he steps in it. He's being a thin-skinned little bitch here. Barkley's past personal pecadillos had nothing to do with anything. Lebron created the situation where he personally chose his teammates and made sure how well they got paid. The Cavs don't have much wiggle room now, because of Lebron's moves.

Lebron should responded to Barkley's chatter by saying "all I'm looking for is a backup point guard off the scrap heap" and no one would care. But he didn't. Attacking Barkley for unrelated personal behavior doesn't change the fact that Lebron built this team and put it 25 mil over the cap, and then called out management for not doing enough to win.

gently caress Dan Gilbert is always a valid point - but in this case it doesn't make Lebron less of a thin-skinned little bitch.
LeBron is actually 100% in the right because all he's asking for is a back-up PG to handle the ball a little and take the load off Kyrie and himself. He's not asking for Carmelo or a big free agent signing. There's an open space on the roster. The Cavs can easily sign a player to fill it.

Like, the fact that the Cavs locked up the guys they did doesn't mean it makes sense to just cruise through the season with an open roster spot while playing your 32-year-old superstar the most minutes in the NBA.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

gently caress Charles Barkley and his Uncle Tom rear end forever.

Also

Wade on it...

Lmao how the gently caress is Charles Barkley an uncle tom

And then you link wades suck rear end post right behind it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yogi Feral torched the cavs and he was available

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Charles Barkley owns. LeBron is bitchmade. Print that.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Constellation I posted:

Print the shirts?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Barkley's kicks > Lebron's kicks

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Constellation I posted:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Not to make this an I hate Lebron train because I like Lebron but his shoes are dead rear end ugly as gently caress

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I Stand With Chuck. lebron is shook

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Has anyone checked on Matt Barnes' whereabouts during Fisher's jewelry heist?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Charles Barkley gets a lot of love from white people because he preaches respectability politics in a way that white people feel they aren't allowed to. Then they get him on their show and are like "look I'm not racists because it's a black saying it"
Since respectability politics is bullshit and dumb and only distracts from actual problems it means he is wrong and often stupid.
I find him entertaining but his views on certain issues border on Whitlockian.

Also Lebron said nothing inflammatory so this is all dumb.

BWV fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 31, 2017

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Doltos posted:

Not to make this an I hate Lebron train because I like Lebron but his shoes are dead rear end ugly as gently caress

They look like moon boots

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Doltos posted:

Lmao how the gently caress is Charles Barkley an uncle tom

And then you link wades suck rear end post right behind it

He is a lot like OJ was when it comes to racial interaction.

In that he pretends he's white.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Charles should stick to getting roasted by Shaq, Kenny, and KG. He does it quite well. Just don't give your opinion on anything else, ever, chuck.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It's probably your tastes that have changed, not him.

I mean, him throwing dude out the window and telling the judge his only regret was that they weren't on the second is still funny. More of that please

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dexo posted:

Fair enough - but we seem to accept those reports and sources as truth when they are about the Bulls or Sacramento rather than Cleveland.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

predicto posted:

Fair enough - but we seem to accept those reports and sources as truth when they are about the Bulls or Sacramento rather than Cleveland.

Sacramento has a history and the bulls one is just funny.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

predicto posted:

I don't think this is even slightly true.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Fast Luck posted:

LeBron is actually 100% in the right because all he's asking for is a back-up PG to handle the ball a little and take the load off Kyrie and himself. He's not asking for Carmelo or a big free agent signing. There's an open space on the roster. The Cavs can easily sign a player to fill it.

Like, the fact that the Cavs locked up the guys they did doesn't mean it makes sense to just cruise through the season with an open roster spot while playing your 32-year-old superstar the most minutes in the NBA.

Of course he's 100% right that they should get a backup point guard. Unfortunately, that's not what he focused on, was it?

The best way to express the idea that you need a back up point guard is not by petulantly going all holier than thou "I'm a better person than you" on Charles Barkley. Barkley's not the GM, he's just a guy who stirs the soup on TNT. Nothing he says is serious or significant.

Of course, if Lebron had poo poo all over Mark Jackson, I would have no problem with it. But that is because Jackson is evil.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

LeBron did say that, genius

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

LeBron did say that, genius

First he said it didn't matter, Barkley is just a guy with a job - create controversy to drive ratings. Which was correct. Then the Cavs kept losing and he got real mad again.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

The best part about him on the Thunder is he asked Cuban to release him so he could be closer to his kids in LA.

Actually it was when he was no longer on the team

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BWV posted:

Charles Barkley gets a lot of love from white people because he preaches respectability politics in a way that white people feel they aren't allowed to. Then they get him on their show and are like "look I'm not racists because it's a black saying it"
Since respectability politics is bullshit and dumb and only distracts from actual problems it means he is wrong and often stupid.
I find him entertaining but his views on certain issues border on Whitlockian.

I think Chuck says a lot of things that he truly believes in and he's also not a politician nor does he wish to be. If that makes him an Uncle Tom then I really feel sorry for how black people view and interact with one another

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Metapod posted:

Actually it was when he was no longer on the team

The timeline is he got released from the Mavs to be closer to his kids, waited a few weeks (or maybe a month), then signed with the Thunder.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

quote:

Le Batard: I know, but Charles, they’re more likely to panic around black people because there’s a fear…

Barkley: Well, Dan, because in fairness, because some black people out there are crooks. You can’t sit there and act like all these—and first of all, I’m not saying in that situation—there’s a reason there’s some…and I’m not saying that’s right, either. There is some reason why there’s racial stereotypes because some of these black people out there are committing crimes. Let’s don’t sit there and act like all our hands are clean.

gently caress that dude. gently caress everything about that dude.

This uncle Tom as motherfucker literally went to Baltimore where Freddie Gray was killed and tried talking down to the residents there. For that dumb rear end Race Card show.

gently caress that shucking and jiving motherfucker forever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Charles is a perfect example that casual racism is a powerful thing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

predicto posted:

Of course he's 100% right that they should get a backup point guard. Unfortunately, that's not what he focused on, was it?

The best way to express the idea that you need a back up point guard is not by petulantly going all holier than thou "I'm a better person than you" on Charles Barkley. Barkley's not the GM, he's just a guy who stirs the soup on TNT. Nothing he says is serious or significant.

Of course, if Lebron had poo poo all over Mark Jackson, I would have no problem with it. But that is because Jackson is evil.
His initial comments were this:

Jan 7: "We still got a couple more things we need to do," James said Friday, when asked if Cleveland's pending trade with Atlanta for Korver was a "championship move." "We gotta get a point guard," James said. "It's my last time saying it. We need a point guard."James also said he'd like the Cavs to add another big man, but "there's not many bigs out there ... we'll see what happens."

Then nothing happened and they lost a bunch of games and he came back with this 2+ weeks later:

Jan 24: "I just hope that we're not satisfied as an organization," James said. "I just hope we're not satisfied. We're not better than last year," he said. "From a personnel standpoint. It's like when you don't have bodies, it's tough," James said. "The f------ grind of the regular season. We're a top-heavy team. We have a top-heavy team. We top-heavy as s---. It's me, [Kyrie Irving], [Kevin Love]. It's top-heavy. We need a f------ playmaker," James said. "I'm not saying you can just go find one, like you can go outside and see trees. I didn't say that."

Then he softened it up with some tweets:
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/823966345888927745

I mean really, he's just accurately saying what's needed. For some reason a bunch of people get really upset about that and started trashing him, Barkley included. So Barkley got destroyed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nvmind

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

Oh and gently caress you too Doltos.

Yeah this is why you'll never change anything in politics, I dont give two shits about you and your whining

Nice edit too you little loving crybaby

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Cavs have messed up on chances to get Pierre Jackson (before he was injured) and Yogi Ferrell. They also probably could find a way to trade for a Mavs vet pg or (less likely) Bogut. #StandWithLeBron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol doltos cant help being a racist rear end in a top hat

• Locked thread