Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015
Uhh... guys, I have some issues with trading Larvitar...

I got a Japanese DBHA Larvitar from the GTS. I bred it and tried to trade the offspring with a friend. Got a message "there seems to be a problem with your pokemon" when attempted to trade. When I put it into the GTS, it went up just fine, but my friend can't seem to find it. When I tried to WT, it showed the same problem message. Next, I bred it with a Safari one (also got from GTS), then tried to WT the offsprings with Safari Ball, but the same message appeared. I can't trade them at all, both balls, HA or not. I dunno what the gently caress is wrong with my Larvitar.

Anyone with same issues ? Is this the same problem with trading HA Island Scan mons before it was fixed ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

mandatory lesbian posted:

after the massive sales drop from d/p to platnium i'm surprised they even tried with b2/w2

which is a shame since if i ignore my nostalgia for yellow those were the best third versions to me

Oh, I absolutely agree! B2 and W2 were the pinnacle of the third version, absolutely what the third version should be! Only knock against it is I didn't like the design of the female protagonist as much as the one in B/W, but that's more because those games had the best drat design for the female trainer ever. Hard to top that.

systemchronos posted:

Uhh... guys, I have some issues with trading Larvitar...

I got a Japanese DBHA Larvitar from the GTS. I bred it and tried to trade the offspring with a friend. Got a message "there seems to be a problem with your pokemon" when attempted to trade. When I put it into the GTS, it went up just fine, but my friend can't seem to find it. When I tried to WT, it showed the same problem message. Next, I bred it with a Safari one (also got from GTS), then tried to WT the offsprings with Safari Ball, but the same message appeared. I can't trade them at all, both balls, HA or not. I dunno what the gently caress is wrong with my Larvitar.

Anyone with same issues ? Is this the same problem with trading HA Island Scan mons before it was fixed ?

Ugh. I had the same problem with trading HA Friend Ball Shroomishes the day after Bank updated. I thought they fixed that poo poo! Not much you can do, sadly, except wait for them to fix it.

Disappointing that it trips for Safari Ball Larvitar, too. I specifically went for one of those for Fashion Ball purposes, but hadn't gotten around to breeding them yet. I am sorry that GameFreak's wonky hack detection is preventing you from sharing your fashionable friends. :(

KyleeBitkin
Jan 22, 2017

Around, and around, and around, and around...

Silver Falcon posted:

Looking at those numbers, I can see why they don't do third versions anymore. It's a pity, though.

I agree, my best memories with Pokemon games as I grew was always the third version. Emerald and Platinum blew me away when they released

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

From 8.5 million a version to 7.5 million a version?

oh right, 2 versions vs. one, duh, i wish that list was seperated by individual game

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Avalerion posted:

What would be a good third mon for a celesteela and pheromosa team for battle tree/battle spot? Thinking maybe one of the tapus?

I used Tapu Lele personally for the battle tree. It seemed to work out very well.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The Golden Gael posted:

So Beedrillite and Mawilite are coming out next month as entry gifts for a competition.

Who's dick do I have to suhand do I need to shake to get one of those Beedrillite? Is it a convention I gotta attend or a wireless dl?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Parrotine posted:

Who's dick do I have to suhand do I need to shake to get one of those Beedrillite? Is it a convention I gotta attend or a wireless dl?

An online competition that you sign up for through Festival Plaza. It's not live yet. Relax.

"Registration for the 2017 International Challenge February begins February 16, 2017, at 0:00 UTC. The competition goes from Friday, February 24, at 00:00 UTC, until Sunday, February 26, 2017, at 23:59 UTC. Trainers will be limited to 15 battles per day."

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 31, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Parrotine posted:

You can do it from the safety of your parents' basement when it happens:
https://3ds-sp.pokemon-gl.com/information/4cfcca44-671b-4cce-b818-e78a9d9075e5

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I realized with the next online competition being a weird format (3v3 doubles), it'd be the perfect time to try out a weird gimmick team I blatantly stole from someone who posted it awhile back!

Oricorio (Pom-Pom forme), Timid, Dancer @???
252 HP/34Def/224 Spe

Revelation Dance
Air Slash
HP Ice/Tailwind/Helping Hand/Roost
Protect

Lilligant, Timid, Own Tempo @Leftovers
4HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe

Petal Dance
Quiver Dance
Sleep Powder
Synthesis

Team Dancing Queens! Only issue is I don't know a good third to round out their ensemble. Volcarona would be the obvious choice, but the contest rules say Alolan Dex only, so nuts to that idea. If it let's me double up on things I could use two dancing birbs, but I don't know if that would be too much dancing for one team to handle?

Also don't know what a good held item would be for my Pom-Pom friend.

Suggestions welcome! I don't care about winning with this team, I just want to battle enough to get my Megastones and have fun along the way.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
3 on 3 doubles is weird as hell.

Time to make a z belly drum self destruct snorlax I guess

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kelp Plankton posted:

it's numbers are in line with the other 'third version' games (except yellow, obviously) despite being way more elaborate than those were. kind of a shame really

I think this shows us why it was a smart move to skip Z and go straight to sun/moon though. they're easily on track to surpass almost everything before them

witty remark about pokemon stars eclipse

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Team Dancing Queens! Only issue is I don't know a good third to round out their ensemble. Volcarona would be the obvious choice, but the contest rules say Alolan Dex only, so nuts to that idea. If it let's me double up on things I could use two dancing birbs, but I don't know if that would be too much dancing for one team to handle?

Give the Leftovers to the pom-pom bird and a Life Orb to Lilligant. A Lilligant without investment in HP or Defense isn't surviving a physical super-effective attack, of which there are many. Don't know about the third member, but I guess you could use a Torkoal with Drought, and claim it's their disco ball. :v:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Testing out this QR Rental Team thing, so here's a link to access my team: NOPE
Here is a Reddit guide on how to make use of/share a team: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5r9z31/qr_rental_team_megathread/

I've just used those Pokemon for Battle Tree singles so far, they are probably aren't all that great a combination against actual players.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Feb 6, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Rangpur posted:

Give the Leftovers to the pom-pom bird and a Life Orb to Lilligant. A Lilligant without investment in HP or Defense isn't surviving a physical super-effective attack, of which there are many. Don't know about the third member, but I guess you could use a Torkoal with Drought, and claim it's their disco ball. :v:

The Discord channel came up with a fine idea for my third: Ribombee! Another stylish dancing bug friend.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

You can do it from the safety of your parents' basement when it happens:
https://3ds-sp.pokemon-gl.com/information/4cfcca44-671b-4cce-b818-e78a9d9075e5

Oh man I wish I lived in my parents basement, living expenses would be so much easier :gonk:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
There's another global mission on, this one is about trading pokemon. The target is 1,000,000 pokemon to be traded in the next two weeks. It's 10% done already. I think this one is going to succeed.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Hammerite posted:

There's another global mission on, this one is about trading pokemon. The target is 1,000,000 pokemon to be traded in the next two weeks. It's 10% done already. I think this one is going to succeed.

notoriousman posted:

It's real.

The Magnemite Coil is back. :unsmith:

It sure seems so! Deposit a Magnemite and ask for one in return to join the club.

Edit: But don't be too quick to take back your Pokemon assuming it was traded. Just now I must have taken a Magnemite back while it was still being traded because I got hit by an error and a temporary trading ban :(

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 31, 2017

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Silver Falcon posted:

The Discord channel came up with a fine idea for my third: Ribombee! Another stylish dancing bug friend.

Pheremosa is who I usually see paired with Oricorio.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Silver Falcon posted:

It does. You are just unlucky. It's only a 50% chance, after all.

While I'm here, reminder I have almost an entire box of HA Shroomishes in Friend Balls to give away. They all have 4 31IVs, minimum and the moves Seed Bomb, Bullet Seed, Worry Seed, and Spore. Perfect for being your Pokemon catching friend, or ya know Breloom isn't any slouch in competitive battling either. Just saying.

I'm after Patrat, Panpour, or Inkay with their HA or any Beast Ball things I'm missing. (Check the spreadsheet.) Other than that, trade me whatever. I especially like things with goofy nicknames and Eggs.

Yes hello friend I would like to sign up for a Fungus Bud. I don't really have anything too noteworthy to trade back though :| My FC is 3926 4383 7978 if you're available.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Yes hello friend I would like to sign up for a Fungus Bud. I don't really have anything too noteworthy to trade back though :| My FC is 3926 4383 7978 if you're available.

Certainly, friend! These Shroomishes are free to a good home.

My code is 3695-0046-6822. Trainer name is Silver. I'll go hang around the plaza for a bit.

Starsnostars posted:

Pheremosa is who I usually see paired with Oricorio.

Oh poo poo! Another good dancing bug friend! I didn't even know she got Quiver Dance. I will seriously consider that one as well. Thanks!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 31, 2017

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Does anyone know if the Battle Competitions allow use of Alola Dex 'Mons from previous gens? I wanna hit up the next one in February to get Beedrilite and Mawilite, and was wondering if I could use my gen 6 Slowbro or if I'd have to rebreed an entirely new one.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Would any kind goon be willing to trade an Alolan Sanshrew for my Alolan Vulpix? I tried using the GTS but it is a complete shitshow

Forgot we had a trading thread

Scrap Dragon fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 31, 2017

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I realized with the next online competition being a weird format (3v3 doubles), it'd be the perfect time to try out a weird gimmick team I blatantly stole from someone who posted it awhile back!

Oricorio (Pom-Pom forme), Timid, Dancer @???
252 HP/34Def/224 Spe

Revelation Dance
Air Slash
HP Ice/Tailwind/Helping Hand/Roost
Protect

Lilligant, Timid, Own Tempo @Leftovers
4HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe

Petal Dance
Quiver Dance
Sleep Powder
Synthesis

Suggestions welcome! I don't care about winning with this team, I just want to battle enough to get my Megastones and have fun along the way.

probably a water type or something else that resists ice.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Silver Falcon posted:

Certainly, friend! These Shroomishes are free to a good home.

My code is 3695-0046-6822. Trainer name is Silver. I'll go hang around the plaza for a bit.

Added, 3411 2386 2508

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Scrap Dragon posted:

Would any kind goon be willing to trade an Alolan Sanshrew for my Alolan Vulpix? I tried using the GTS but it is a complete shitshow

Forgot we had a trading thread

Can you link it? My phone is ancient and I have trouble finding new threads...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

OK, added you and I am in the plaza! Anybody else who wanted Shroomish from me can take one too while I'm here.

I prefer if you initiate the trade because every time I do it we've cross-invited and it times out.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Thanks!

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Usually when I get a level 100 shiny pokemon via wonder trade, I assume it's hacked. But in this case, I think someone straight up sent it off by accident (level 100 shiny Flareon that was hatched in the Paniola nursery). Had a Choice Band attached too. If it is hacked, they did a real careful job with it.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

PleasantDirge posted:

Can you link it? My phone is ancient and I have trouble finding new threads...

Here you go

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Rangpur posted:

Usually when I get a level 100 shiny pokemon via wonder trade, I assume it's hacked. But in this case, I think someone straight up sent it off by accident (level 100 shiny Flareon that was hatched in the Paniola nursery). Had a Choice Band attached too. If it is hacked, they did a real careful job with it.

Might be cloned? Is there a cloning method for the gen 7 games?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's called ridiculous easy access to 3DS homebrew, opening up PKSM and then editing Pokemon in your Box so easily that the game doesn't think it's hacked in the slightest. And yes, you can clone, endlessly.

Hacking is real easy this gen.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Well at least I didn't end up with someone's prized Pokemon by mistake I guess. Maybe I can throw it up on GTS and get one of the event Legendaries I'm missing.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

I think most of the event legendaries aren't GTSable, only Link Trade-able.

Also, long live the Magnemite Coil!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So what's this I hear about only 55000 people able to get a beedrillite?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ometeotl posted:

Ugh, are they really taking a page from loving Pokemon Shuffle?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

I have PKHex capabilities. Assuming I get one, I am totally willing to dupe them to high heaven and distribute them to anyone who missed out. Preferably attached to my way too many Shroomishes and now Dratinis I have lying around!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Silver Falcon posted:

I have PKHex capabilities. Assuming I get one, I am totally willing to dupe them to high heaven and distribute them to anyone who missed out. Preferably attached to my way too many Shroomishes and now Dratinis I have lying around!

You're doing gods work.

Hopefully they'll update the game to have you be able to buy them post tourney but I really doubt it.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Boooo.

Well does anyone have a Volcannion or Diancie they're willing to part with? I've got a shiny level 100 Virizion or Flareon to trade! :v:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So is Deoxys still considered an untradeable event legendary despite being available in the main story of OR/AS? Because I don't see any on the GTS despite seeing plenty of other legends from those games there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Also, long live the Magnemite Coil!

I loved the Magnemite Coil, but I don't understand the purpose of one in these games. Can you explain?