Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

well HECK Phil posted:

You know these guys clamouring for multicrew ship stuff can already do that now.

It's called the Navy and I hear they're always looking for peeps.

I don't think bunnyman would do well in the Navy.

Or at least, I'd like to think he would.

:ohdear: Maybe the Navy is full of bunnymen... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sum Mors posted:

And he sez, he sez, "That's because it's your turn to be in the barrel bunny suit"

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Libluini posted:

Frontier is like Anti-Star Citizen in that regard, instead of endless spewing out promises, they never tell you anything until release is almost there.

And the reason I am just fine with that is because Frontier does not beg for donations through public funding or kickstarter or concept jpeg sales. They released a solid game and have paid for its development under their own steam. To me that shows they have earned their place in the market and do not have to tell us anything other than "here is a new update to keep the game growing." I may not be a hotshot egghead game dev, but to me, that is what I would call the right way of doing it.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sum Mors posted:

You have no idea.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

DapperDon posted:

You have no idea.

True story: the Navy actually wanted to use this song for recruitment purposes but someone eventually told them what the Village People were all about

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

True story: the Navy actually wanted to use this song for recruitment purposes but someone eventually told them what the Village People were all about

I remember that.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
RIP rick parfett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6qMD1lIWT0

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

The citizens are way ahead of you:

Guy that drew this insisted that it is not just any old cartoon girl with her vag half out; it is in fact his sister

Every time i see the picture i always think "Get your feet of my perfectly clean canopy and get dressed you mooching space parasite."

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I'll probably shout this out a few more times, but please donate to the ACLU

even $5 or $10 makes you a cool dude lookin out for the constitution

thanks

https://action.aclu.org/secure/donate-to-aclu

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

I'll probably shout this out a few more times, but please donate to the ACLU

even $5 or $10 makes you a cool dude lookin out for the constitution

thanks

https://action.aclu.org/secure/donate-to-aclu

Actually if you want to give $5 or $10 you have to put it in the "other" box like some kind of rear end in a top hat:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
imo people should donate towards conservation and anti-desertification causes to make the Middle East and Africa sustainable so you can all move there and make it free-er than America.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Sum Mors posted:

As an ex Navy duder myself, I can tell you with absolute certainty there are more bunnymen than we would like in the Navy. Most of them in Reactor Department.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

DapperDon posted:

And the reason I am just fine with that is because Frontier does not beg for donations through public funding or kickstarter or concept jpeg sales. They released a solid game and have paid for its development under their own steam. To me that shows they have earned their place in the market and do not have to tell us anything other than "here is a new update to keep the game growing." I may not be a hotshot egghead game dev, but to me, that is what I would call the right way of doing it.

They also release their finical information like public companies do (on time even).

This means that they have to be extra smart in the way they con people out of money - like how they conned me by me giving them money (lest than what a new release AAA game cost) for a product (Planet Coaster) that I then played for weeks and really enjoyed. They have how released some patches which will see me return to make yet another park and enjoy my time, all with out me realizing that their 14 shell companies and the boss wife are taking all my money.

Smart conmen they are. (they may get away with it for ever!)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Foo Diddley posted:

Almost as funny as when someone actually hired U.S.A.F. to play for an audience of the San Francisco political establishment at political consultant Jack Davis’ fiftieth birthday party. Hilarity ensued.

United Satanic Apache Front showed up and infamously performed their... version of the 'Apache Whisky Rite'

quote:

" ... A striking, bare-assed girl in thigh-high leather boots joins Leyba in the center of a large pentagram painted on the floor. The safety-conscious vixen carefully removes all lit candles from the floor -- being sure to lift her gauzy shirt just out of flame's reach -- and helps Leyba into a 4-foot-high hood that is an adaptation of the traditional Mescalero devil dancer headdress. Blind and bound, Leyba stands at the girl's mercy as she deftly inserts two needles beneath his pectorals. She smiles and dips her finger in the blood, bringing it to Leyba's mouth for a taste. His tongue flickers and the girl saunters away, leaving Leyba to careen about as he oh-so poignantly tries to escape from the headdress. The crowd applauds politely. A clean-faced couple in matching disco costumes pulls out a flier to consult the program.
'All right,' heaves Leyba as he stumbles back into the center of the pentagram, blood caking his chest. 'Let's cut the crap.' Two women with long, dark pigtails and 6-inch heels stroll onstage as they don rubber gloves. Leyba turns his back to the crowd and the ladies instantly set to work carving a 'sacred and profane' design in his flesh with a pair of scalpels. In the audience, a woman dressed as a Victorian courtesan yawns and pulls a stack of vacation photos from her handbag. Blood streams down Leyba's spine. The crowd applauds politely. One of the women in charge of the scalpels leads Leyba to a table in the back of the room that serves as an altar. She rips off her underwear and rubs Leyba's head in her crotch. He kneels subserviently, waiting as the woman urinates into his fresh wounds. Women in the audience let out little whoops of glee. The crowd applauds. The piss goddess finds a shallow bowl on the altar and collects the blood and urine streaming off Leyba's back. Kneeling at her feet, he drinks it. A young dreadlocked man sitting in the front row lights a cigarette and caresses his girlfriend's cheek. He looks around the room with studied ironic detachment.
Leyba stumbles to his feet. His eyes are feverish. Sweat clings to his face. 'The white man brought whiskey. The whiskey rite goes back seven generations. An Apache friend of mine always used to warn me about old rule Number 7.'
The piss goddess strides into the ring with a large bottle of Jack Daniel's strapped to her groin. She uncaps the bottle, spilling whiskey on the floor. The sharp scent of alcohol mingles with the organic smell of blood and sweat. She bends Leyba over and wipes the blood off of his back with a cloth before grabbing him by his hair. She sodomizes him without restraint, a fiendish smile playing across her face. The dreadlocked man takes a drag off of his cigarette. The piss goddess spins Leyba around, forcing the bottle into his mouth. He drinks. She sodomizes him again and offers the bottle to the crowd. David Aaron Clark, one of the night's earlier readers, takes a large swig. Danielle Willis finds her way to the bottle as well. Murmurs of 'Hail Satan' fill the air. A young goth leaning against the back wall squares his shoulders and proves his worth in shots. Other audience members follow. Finally, a smattering of applause allows the female performers to take awkward bows. The blase crowd sets to discussing what fabulous party they will or will not be attending later that night. With an anticlimactic spurt of energy, Willis takes the center of the ring and begins reading from her latest novel. 'This is about a very bored vampire who doesn't like to think about anything except getting high,' she mewls..."
from SFWeekly.com's Music: "Night Crawler" by Silke Tudor, 11/06/96

It's ranked one of the top 10 of SF sex scandals by SF Gate http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/San-Francisco-s-Top-10-sex-scandals-3231218.php

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

Actually if you want to give $5 or $10 you have to put it in the "other" box like some kind of rear end in a top hat:

where is the box to donate my space jpgs

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

I just read they have reached over 6 times their annual funding. So I think I will stick to my original comment about feeling better for thinking about it but since they seem to be good in the money department, I will buy a new jpeg in and name it ACLU.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

DapperDon posted:

You have no idea.

Where can you find pleasure, search the verse for treasure
Learn golf swing technology?
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
On the land or on the spectrum?
Where can you learn to fly, play sataball and clothes buy
Study oceanography?
Sign off for the grabby hand or sit in the rape crate
When your team and others meet
In the Sq42
Yes, you can pay Chris salary
In the CIG
Yes, you can fantasize about Sandi
In the Star Citizen
Come on people, fall an' make a parp
In the space court, in the space court
Can't you see we ran a scam

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

I just read they have reached over 6 times their annual funding. So I think I will stick to my original comment about feeling better for thinking about it but since they seem to be good in the money department, I will buy a new jpeg in and name it ACLU.
please support games like conan exiles where you can make minorities with huge genitals

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
My head goo must've know something was up with ESO, fired it up last night whilst waiting for conan exiles to download.

Also conan is good and funny. I'm 12 btw

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
not sure if conan exiles is fun or good yet but dong slider alone puts it closer to good

where is dong, tit and genital fidelity in star citizen

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
it took me 4 hours to build a sandstone shack only to have it fisted to death by a bunch of bald white guys

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

DapperDon posted:

Not sure if serious: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

please support games like conan exiles where you can make minorities with huge genitals

I actually just downloaded DCS World so I can rain hell down on some commie villagers.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha?sort=newest

7 bug reports in last 24 hours.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

dong slider

:captainpop:

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

TheAgent posted:

it took me 4 hours to build a sandstone shack only to have it fisted to death by a bunch of bald white guys

They need to patch that poo poo, I'm not building anything until they do. In the mean time I just run around pantless stabbing people (could be a prophecy of shitizens during ELE)

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Now hold on a minute there Captain Pedantic. I had no problem with their original KS campaign because they fulfilled it before starting other projects.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

It's not a proper donation unless there's a funding tracker

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

VealCutlet posted:

They need to patch that poo poo, I'm not building anything until they do. In the mean time I just run around pantless stabbing people (could be a prophecy of shitizens during ELE)
games p janky and I haven't really explored the thrall system much, but could be fun when it comes outta early access sometime in 2019

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

games p janky and I haven't really explored the thrall system much, but could be fun when it comes outta early access sometime in 2019

So you think this will be the first early access survival crafting game ever to exit early access? I'll take that bet.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Man, soon you'll need to find something else to liven up your mornings

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Daztek posted:

Man, soon you'll need to find something else to liven up your mornings

Some top of the page catte tax my help.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Star Citizen’s long-promised virtual reality support arrives in 2016

Just as I said in 2 blogs, VR is never - ever - coming to Star Citizen. Now confirmed by Ben Parry.

Kickstarter campaign promise

UPDATE

LMAO!!

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/826575777605021697

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/826519107633823748

New version: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7499539/#Comment_7499539

7:05PM

quote:

Hi @SaturnSquared. Sorry to say, do not hold your breath for this. Ignoring the render tech for VR itself (which given the work we've done, would definitely be a read-and-rewrite job, not a merge-this-file job), making a game properly VR compliant takes a lot of work at the design and testing level regardless of the engine used. We'd probably need to get the framerate up a bit higher too, come to think of it.

10:32PM

quote:

Sorry for any misunderstanding, my point was that some of the key obstacles to VR support aren't about whether the engine has the technical capability for it. That kind of thinking leads to, well, this guy explains it better than I do. I'd prefer we don't accidentally and permanently ruin anyone's ability to enjoy VR.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 1, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I for one am shocked that one of the kickstarter goals is being dropped.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

D_Smart posted:

Just as I said in 2 blogs, VR is never - ever - coming to Star Citizen. Now confirmed by Ben Parry.

Kickstarter campaign promise

Where's the gif of Chris with the Rift on his head (and was he actually playing Elite there? I forget)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Xaerael posted:

Female space suit models are going to have a sternum cracker. I'm calling it now. There is no way it pans out any other way, both from the perspective that SC nerds are sex mad loons who crave seeing titties everywhere, and CIG are idiots who can't design something that looks real world applicable.

(A sternum cracker is a rigid breastplate with a "cleavage". This essentially turns the breastplate into an axe strapped to your body.)

Space tits need space suit tits. Because it's very important to realize

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

mp5 posted:

Where's the gif of Chris with the Rift on his head (and was he actually playing Elite there? I forget)

Early version of SC actually supported head tracking and VR. They have since taken the support away. Yes they are in fact regressing in features.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MarcusSA posted:

I for one am shocked that one of the kickstarter goals is being dropped.

This settles it, time for a refund cascade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

IncredibleIgloo posted:

As an ex Navy duder myself, I can tell you with absolute certainty there are more bunnymen than we would like in the Navy. Most of them in Reactor Department.

Sub crew folks were always a little different, if you ask me.

TheAgent posted:

Huh, usually takes them a lot less longer to get fisted like that. First time? Usually takes a little breaking in.