Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I was so excited for a trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Boogie for Brandon Knight, Chriss, Bender. 1 unprotected, and one lottery protected first round pick...who says no?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Stephen Jackson smokes a lot of weed

Showing up to work high is probably bad tho

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

While you fuckin dopes are slinging ropes and swapping spit flames I was busy buying the worst pizza of my adult life. Floppy, no crispiness, just doughy trash. I'm very pissed off and I need someone to listen to me whine about it.

Check Twitter dms I am here for you

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

we have a Twin Peaks right outside the arena, what more could you possibly ask for???

I mean I guess if breweries are your thing, but Staples is surrounded with basically The Good Food of the World.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Stephen Jackson smokes a lot of weed

Showing up to work high is probably bad tho

Depends on the job and the drug.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://youtu.be/eRdWH77OS9k

45-ish seconds in is great

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

I was so excited for a trade

Free daltos you bitch

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

straight up brolic posted:

Boogie for Brandon Knight, Chriss, Bender. 1 unprotected, and one lottery protected first round pick...who says no?

Sacramento being given almost free choice of Phoenix's roster and walking away with Brandon Knight and Project Big Men and a protected pick is the platonic ideal of a Vlade Divac Trade.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Free pop dog first. Actually, just swap their probations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings had the opportunity to draft Chriss already but instead traded the pick away for 2 other big man projects. But maybe now they really want him

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

I mean I guess if breweries are your thing, but Staples is surrounded with basically The Good Food of the World.

Oh yeah I'm totally kidding. Twin Peaks is like Applebee's except the servers moonlight as exotic dancers.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Free pop dog first. Actually, just swap their probations.

He is free actually

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Oh yeah I'm totally kidding. Twin Peaks is like Applebee's except the servers moonlight as exotic dancers.

Twin Peaks better be a bar themed around agent Dale Cooper

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
All I'll say about the LeBron/Chuck thing is, you can't criticize Chuck for "I am not a role model." That's an all-time classic commercial with a good message.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

He is free actually

Shhh.

It took a lot of cajoling to resurrect him though

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kibner posted:

Yay, just placed an order with my ticket rep for All Star tickets! I'll be going to both Saturday and Sunday's events. :D

The ASG is going to own. Excited for the food, basketball, and John Legend at the half.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Hilariously I've come across so many people who legitimately love Twin Peaks that I could totally believe you. I just write it off to it not being my thing.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Cool Buff Man posted:

While you fuckin dopes are slinging ropes and swapping spit flames I was busy buying the worst pizza of my adult life. Floppy, no crispiness, just doughy trash. I'm very pissed off and I need someone to listen to me whine about it.

I haven't eaten pizza in two months, because I re enlisted in the War on Carbs for 2017. I'm afraid of watching the Kings game because I know I'm gonna see a Pizza Guys commercial, and because Boogie is probably slightly mad after last night and may foul out all the Rockets bigs in 5 minutes. Hoping for another one of those Nene games where he seems to take out all his frustration over his injuries out by dunking and scoring 20

Rick posted:

It's also a lot better than Staples which is just about as generic as it gets if you don't go to the rich person. Of course there's like a whole world of awesome food outside of Staples that it really isn't fair to expect Phoenix to match.

This is what offends me so deeply about the Toyota Center. I think we determined that a couple arenas are run by Landry's or other garbage rear end catering companies and that's why they serve overcooked burgers instead of good local foods, not sure if Staples is on that list.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 1, 2017

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
There was a Morrissey themed Thai place in Portland called Bahn Morrissey for awhile. It was OK.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

NickRoweFillea posted:

Check Twitter dms I am here for you

Thank you.

chunkles posted:

I haven't eaten pizza in two months, because I re enlisted in the War on Carbs for 2017. I'm afraid of watching the Kings game because I know I'm gonna see a Pizza Guys commercial, and because Boogie is probably slightly mad after last night and may foul out all the Rockets bigs in 5 minutes. Hoping for another one of those Nene games where he seems to take out all his frustration over his injuries out by dunking and scoring 20

Honestly I'm off pizza for a while now. Really unfortunate that a bad meal can turn you off so thoroughly, even if its unfair to other pizzas. Anyways, good luck against the Sacramento Kings.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

Bill Simmons is now also telling LeBron to shut up because his team is already good enough. I was driving and listening to the radio for like the only time ever last week and Le batard was saying how it's interesting how fans always say their team needs to add some help, but if a player ever says it they all get pissed at the player for being ungrateful. I think he's actually right
I don't see how anyone could say that's wrong.

Tae posted:

The Pacers being 3 wins over .500 while the Bucks and Hornets are below is confusing as hell to me.
I don't think that's far off from preseason expectations, just took awhile to get there.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Cool Buff Man posted:

Honestly I'm off pizza for a while now. Really unfortunate that a bad meal can turn you off so thoroughly, even if its unfair to other pizzas. Anyways, good luck against the Sacramento Kings.

Thank you, together we can get through this difficult time in our nation's history

I wonder if Larry is working out for the Rockets or just in Houston for the Superbowl

https://twitter.com/l8show_thegoat/status/826239612242821120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

The ASG is going to own. Excited for the food, basketball, and John Legend at the half.

It's gonna be great.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
A fun note about a Cousins trade: If he is traded he cannot get the supermax contract and will lose tens of millions of dollars over this contract. If I were Boogie and that happened when I was willing to sign in Sac I'd be pissed at EVERYBODY

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/waddleandsilvy/status/826541724575088641
I hope this happens and is broadcast.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

"January marks the first time that LeBron James has a losing record in a calendar month (minimum 10 games) since February 2006."

Lebron has never given less of a gently caress about the eastern conference

The possibility of the Cavaliers getting the 1 seed with less than fifty wins is very intriguing. The reality and concept of teams with losing records going to the playoffs gets dumber ever year.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Especially because it's painfully obvious that his "3s are ruining the game" stance is literally because he was, quite literally, one of the worst 3 point shooters in the history of the league and he's butthurt that people may think he would be bad today.

He is the absolute worst:

code:
3NP	Player		 	3P	3PA
1490	Ray Allen	 	2973	7429
1314	Kyle Korver		1974	4608
1295	Stephen Curry	 	1781	4048
1194	Reggie Miller	 	2560	6486
1116	Steve Nash	 	1685	3939
891	Dale Ellis	 	1719	4266
888	Peja Stojakovic	 	1760	4392
861	Mike Miller	 	1586	3897
796	Jason Terry	 	2203	5813
781	Glen Rice	 	1559	3896
765	Chauncey Billups 	1830	4725
743	Brent Barry	 	1395	3442
736	Rashard Lewis	 	1787	4625
725	Klay Thompson	 	1203	2884
702	J.J. Redick	 	1191	2871

-174	Gary Payton	 	1132	3570
-179	Isiah Thomas	 	398	1373
-180	Allen Leavell		141	603
-187	Bimbo Coles	 	252	943
-192	Micheal Ray Richardson	124	564
-204	Dwyane Wade	 	422	1470
-206	Allen Iverson	 	1059	3383
-224	Dennis Johnson		80	464
-228	Josh Smith		450	1578
-231	Reggie Theus		238	945
-234	Corey Brewer		450	1584
-238	Jerry Stackhouse	988	3202
-242	Ron Harper	 	523	1811
-309	Andre Miller		193	888
-406	Charles Barkley	 	538	2020
Charles Barkley on the EC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZU4ayJsX-Q&t=179s

Zogo fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 1, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ok that would own

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Pretty great Bulls conspiracy theory courtesy of Reddit that has me all 'I WANT TO BELIEVE'

quote:

Holy poo poo. Please tell me someone is watching Mike and Mike on ESPN. Ryen Russillo* basically came on the show and said that Jimmy Butler and the Bulls FO are at odds and thats why there are so many Jimmy to Celtics rumors. Russillo* said basically that before Jimmy was a restricted free agent after his 3rd year he was averaging 13 ppg and the bulls FO offered him a 4 yr/44 mil extension to which Jimmy declined. The Bulls FO then told him that'd they'd start TONY SNELL over him and give SNELL jimmy's minutes and give Jimmy the minutes Snell got off the bench to hurt his numbers and crash his value in the upcoming free agency. Thibs caught wind of this and basically said "gently caress that, I'm starting Jimmy" and Jimmy averaged 20ppg and got cashed out. This is why Jimmy and Thibs are so close, because Thibs had his back and this is also supposedly one of the reasons why Thibs and the FO had issues. So now Jimmy has this distrust for the Bulls FO and also distrusts Fred Hoiberg* because Jimmy sees Fred as an extension of the FO. And then Wade came over and Jimmy basically told Wade everything that happened and wade sympathized with him because of all the gently caress poo poo he dealt with in MIA which adds to why Jimmy and Wade are so close
Also Russillo* said he trusts this source that told him all that very much
Edit: spelling errors and poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trading boogie to the suns is bad. He'll be stuck on a one star team. I really want to see him with another star and reck poo poo .

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I don't hate LeBron or anything but it's completely asinine that he publicly called out Griffin for this poo poo in the first place.

LBJ: "I need Rudy Gobert and Giannis Antetokounmpo now!"
Dan Gilbert: "No can do."
LBJ: "Abduct Green and Durant on June 1st."

Fast Luck posted:

Like, the fact that the Cavs locked up the guys they did doesn't mean it makes sense to just cruise through the season with an open roster spot while playing your 32-year-old superstar the most minutes in the NBA.

He's not leading in total minutes but he's in trouble. It's getting more unrealistic for him to expect to go to the finals every year even in the sad EC.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lockback posted:

A fun note about a Cousins trade: If he is traded he cannot get the supermax contract and will lose tens of millions of dollars over this contract. If I were Boogie and that happened when I was willing to sign in Sac I'd be pissed at EVERYBODY

That would be great because half the teams in the league have cap space the year he's a free agent, too.

euphronius posted:

Trading boogie to the suns is bad. He'll be stuck on a one star team. I really want to see him with another star and reck poo poo .

I know that the Philly Fan Policy is to pretend everyone but the guys they drafted are busts but Devin Booker is going to be a star like next year if he isn't already, and the flaws in his game that have emerged over this season would be suddenly sort of meaingless if he wasn't getting double teamed half the night by smart teams anymore. If the Suns can do that deal without losing Bledsoe they're suddenly fairly good.

Rick fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 1, 2017

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

euphronius posted:

Trade him to the Knicks and he and Porzingis can be a buddy cop team in New York.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Trade him to the Knicks and he and Porzingis can be a buddy cop team in New York.

Still need a guard but I like that

Sign Lowry?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

Still need a guard but I like that

Sign Lowry?

Somehow get him to NOLA with Davis and Jrue. It ain't gonna happen cuz there isn't anything the Pels have that SAC could possibly want in return.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Zogo posted:

He is the absolute worst:

Holy poo poo Andre Miller. I love you like a Blazers fan loves a white guy on the end of the bench but drat.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Rick posted:

That would be great because half the teams in the league have cap space the year he's a free agent, too.

I know that the Philly Fan Policy is to pretend everyone but the guys they drafted are busts but Devin Booker is going to be a star like next year if he isn't already, and the flaws in his game that have emerged over this season would be suddenly sort of meaingless if he wasn't getting double teamed half the night by smart teams anymore. If the Suns can do that deal without losing Bledsoe they're suddenly fairly good.

CBM's Cabbage Patch Baller is really really good already it's just a shame they got smoked last night by Mike Conley

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Larry Sanders might be pretty bad these days. The Mavs have needed a center for a long time.
https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/826577486368632833

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I ate at a sportsbar with this floppy uncooked dough of pizza slathered in grease and plastic cheese that actually ended up giving me food poisoning for a few days, and I'll be honest, I haven't enjoyed pizza as much since, so I feel your pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i saw 120 new posts and i thought jimmy got traded or that rajon rondo had taken fred hoiberg hostage and was holding him for Minutes in the Advocare Center

• Locked thread