Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ufarn posted:

I'm in awe of DC/WB's incompetence.

How is Affleck stepping down their fault?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

How is Affleck stepping down their fault?

Isn't this the third time a director on one of their projects has quit or been fired in like the past year?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Sion posted:

Western movies can certainly be action movies. They just also need to not be poo poo movies. All three of the films that you listed were balls-terrible. The Wild Bunch, The Searchers, Once upon a time in the West and Unforgiven are westerns and action movies and they're fuckin' cracking.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Fair enough, I'm not really into westerns. That's what my dad was big into. His old John Wayne videos (Fort Apache and She Wore A Yellow Ribbon are the ones I definitely remember watching) are really my only exposure to the genre.

Once Upon a Time in the West should be goddamn required watching, I love that movie. It's about the only legit western I enjoy, besides The Wild Bunch.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Isn't this the third time a director on one of their projects has quit or been fired in like the past year?

Yeah but he's stepping down because he's a bit overwhelmed with everything, not for issues with DC/WB. He's still wanting to have a solo Batman film.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Whatever else may be true or not, I kind of worry about Ben Affleck. I hope he's okay.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Phylodox posted:

Whatever else may be true or not, I kind of worry about Ben Affleck. I hope he's okay.

dudes networth is 75 million, I think he'll find a way to survive.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Phylodox posted:

Can't really sympathize with someone who shtupped the nanny, though.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Looks like Black Manta just got casted: Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well at least Aquaman is on track. Dozens of fans will be happy about this.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

redbackground posted:

Once Upon a Time in the West should be goddamn required watching, I love that movie. It's about the only legit western I enjoy, besides The Wild Bunch.

I don't know why, but I really like westerns. Once Upon a Time in the West has been sitting waiting for me to watch it for a bit, I should get on that.

X-O posted:

I'm excited, that's for sure. Plus it's fun to find yourself as the only person in the theatre.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

catlord posted:

I don't know why, but I really like westerns. Once Upon a Time in the West has been sitting waiting for me to watch it for a bit, I should get on that.

I'm excited, that's for sure. Plus it's fun to find yourself as the only person in the theatre.

The Leone westerns own

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It would be funny if Aquaman of all things ended up being the first unambiguously liked and successful instalment in the DCEU.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Wheat Loaf posted:

It would be funny if Aquaman of all things ended up being the first unambiguously liked and successful instalment in the DCEU.

Everything gets rebranded to make Aquaman leader of the Justice League.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

site posted:

The Leone westerns own

I do like the Man with No Name trilogy. Although if I were told to choose a favourite western it'd probably be Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
He seems swole. Hope there's lots of manly punching in this Aquaman film.

pubic works project posted:

Yeah but he's stepping down because he's a bit overwhelmed with everything, not for issues with DC/WB. He's still wanting to have a solo Batman film.
I mean, sure, but does anyone believe he would've come out of this saying something like "yeah this whole film is a mess and the entire company is in shambles"? Of course he's gonna be like "Oh no everything's fine it's totally because of my own personal tiredness (??) and not anything to do with the production whatsoever!!"

Not saying that the film is definitely a mess and everything is in shambles, but they're not gonna be airing their dirty laundry to everyone if it was.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

site posted:

The Leone westerns own

Duck, You Sucker! is hands down my favorite western.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X-O posted:

Until all of a sudden they lose the director and the script and half the cast.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I just remembered that they made a Jonah Hex movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chill Penguin posted:

I watched it and it feels like it was an adaption of a script for Wild Wild West 2.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wheat Loaf posted:

"There's no P.O.S.hidin' in this movie!" - Peter Travers

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chill Penguin posted:

Drink until you forget.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sion posted:

dudes networth is 75 million, I think he'll find a way to survive.

Yeah, it's not like anyone who is worth millions has ever been depressed or anything.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

teagone posted:

Yeah, it's not like anyone who is worth millions has ever been depressed or anything.

Once you're past a certain level of wealth if people feel sympathy for you it's a reflection of their own issues.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Maybe some people are actual human beings and don't lack empathy. Either or.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The original mention of Westerns was how they work as "action movies", and I don't think there's a more "action movie" Western than Silverado.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

teagone posted:

Maybe some people are actual human beings and don't lack empathy.

Yeah, and those people don't spend their time hoping a millionaire celebrity can pull through because they're busy having empathy for people with real problems.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Depression isn't a real problem for anyone. Agreed.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, and those people don't spend their time hoping a millionaire celebrity can pull through because they're busy having empathy for people with real problems.

I think you can have empathy for multiple people simultaneously???

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Poor Robin Williams

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Have you tried not being depressed?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I used up my empathy dice on a puppy that tripped yesterday and will have to take a long rest before I can roll for empathy again.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Beep boop I am a robot sorry my empathy circuits are currently jammed please try again later buzzzz

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I can only hope Newt Gingrich can work through his problems someday. Please donate to his gofundme.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
How did we go from Ben affleck to newt Gingrich

How does that deflect from saying you can't empathize with multiple people at once

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I thought we were all playing reductio ad absurdum once people started telling me I don't think depression is real.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
My post wasn't meant to say that depression isn't a real thing. More 'money can't buy happiness but it can buy a very comfortable misery.' Just so there's that delineation between me and whatever the gently caress Lurdiak is doing now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Once you're past a certain level of wealth if people feel sympathy for you it's a reflection of their own issues.

Haha, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Affleck is dumb because he banged the nanny and Jennifer Garner is aging like fine loving wine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

Haha, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

I ask myself that about people on SA all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you think rich people aren't real people with real problems just because they have money then I don't even know what to say to you. You're probably just either a literal child or someone with a severely warped and binary world view. So unless you're actually like 10 years old or something that's a pretty loving sad point of view to hold.

• Locked thread