Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Well, at least the last day of OA gave my election-ravaged pile a healthy return. Rebuilding is slow, but Trumpkin money is plentiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001

OAquinas posted:

Well, at least the last day of OA gave my election-ravaged pile a healthy return. Rebuilding is slow, but Trumpkin money is plentiful.

yah today was a good day for my predictit account. still down but in striking range of being whole again.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Hillary pardon no was surprisingly resilient to price increase up to 11:30 EST.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://www.predictit.org/Market/2885/How-many-tweets-will-Donald-Trump-post-from-noon-Jan-18-to-noon-Jan-25

is this free money now that his @POTUS account is active? Total on @realdonaldtrump is 23 since noon on the 18th

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 20:25 on Jan 20, 2017

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

OAquinas posted:

Rebuilding is slow, but Trumpkin money is plentiful.
this is my mantra tbh

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bawfuls posted:

https://www.predictit.org/Market/2885/How-many-tweets-will-Donald-Trump-post-from-noon-Jan-18-to-noon-Jan-25

is this free money now that his @POTUS account is active? Total on @realdonaldtrump is 23 since noon on the 18th

Definitely not. Completely unclear where he will be tweeting from now on.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Also lol @ Clinton Pardon still trading at 3-4c.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Definitely not. Completely unclear where he will be tweeting from now on.
He just tweeted from @POTUS thought I guess that's staff so he could decide to do his 3am rants on the old account. It's not free money, but considering his love of power and posturing, I have to think he'll enjoy tweeting from @POTUS

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/822521968465416192

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Tillerson by January 31 could be some good money. Is the Senate in session next week?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Tillerson by January 31 could be some good money. Is the Senate in session next week?
The committee has stated they will vote on him tomorrow, but the Senate vote is still up in the air. Rubio could theoretically vote no in committee which would kill it too.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Trump Inaug ratings beating Obama '09 still trading in low 80s (for NO) if you want to get in on that.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Another wrinkle on the twitter front, the secret service has taken Trump's android phone, which was the only device through which he tweeted. Now he has whatever super-secure phone they gave him. Unclear whether the new device will be allowed to connect to the old twitter account or not.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

It's an open question whether they'll get him confirmed in time. Senate is only convening Monday and Tuesday I think, but could also do the 30th or the 31st.

I don't think any Republicans have the balls to block Tillerson either, fwiw.

My position in that market is $500 of neg risk but I make the most if Tillerson is confirmed by the 31st.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

The No's just paid out for the inaug ratings. Doubling cash never felt so sweet.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

OAquinas posted:

The No's just paid out for the inaug ratings. Doubling cash never felt so sweet.

Still waiting to get paid out on the Hillary Pardon.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

Holy poo poo this market has been a gold mine. Playing the swings is somehow soooo much easier since the election. Just bumped my pile to 150% what it was yesterday.

...still a ways off from being whole, but at this rate it won't be too long.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Having 5k stuck in the closed pardon markets sucks. I think trump fired the dude who is supposed to update the official list.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

One rando in the comments claimed that the list is only released twice a year, and I know I shouldn't believe baseless claims made by commenters but some intractable sliver of me now thinks that the money's going to be locked up there until december.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Ditocoaf posted:

One rando in the comments claimed that the list is only released twice a year, and I know I shouldn't believe baseless claims made by commenters but some intractable sliver of me now thinks that the money's going to be locked up there until december.

loving hell

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ditocoaf posted:

drat it PI, I might need that $1,500 soon to stock up on dried goods and ammunition!

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Automated response and a closed ticket with no time estimate or real information.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Emphasis on 'baseless claim' and 'rando commenter'. If I believed anything a single person in the PI comments section mentioned once casually, I'd be bleeding from the ears.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ditocoaf posted:

Emphasis on 'baseless claim' and 'rando commenter'. If I believed anything a single person in the PI comments section mentioned once casually, I'd be bleeding from the ears.

The pardon markets finally paid out. Maybe the complaining helped!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you want someplace to park your pardon spoils popular vote has not closed and should any day (Sorry I bought up most of the 97 cent winners suckers.) This is a done deal I don't see any risk other then time value opportunity.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Elephanthead posted:

If you want someplace to park your pardon spoils popular vote has not closed and should any day (Sorry I bought up most of the 97 cent winners suckers.) This is a done deal I don't see any risk other then time value opportunity.

May not expire until July, which is the final, final FEC report.

There may be a "final" report issued shortly, but I don't think that is guaranteed.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Easy flip if you want to gently caress with people: https://www.predictit.org/Market/2732/Who-will-be-White-House-press-secretary-on-Jan-31%2c-2017

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Tillerson # of yeas market has been fun. Lots of Trumplodytes were expecting 60+ yeas at the start.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.

Vox Nihili posted:

The Tillerson # of yeas market has been fun. Lots of Trumplodytes were expecting 60+ yeas at the start.

Honestly I figured it was possible - Rex has plenty of fans. Maybe not 50-50 possible, but possible. But that was before possible executive order lifting sanctions.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

:mediocre:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Tillerson down to 15 cents now. i bought a bunch of Rubio nos for 47 cents last week when the confirmation vote was scheduled for Wednesday. Thanks Republican news sites for publicizing Mondays closure vote.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gorsuch or Hardiman?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Vox Nihili posted:

Gorsuch or Hardiman?

Who does Bannon want? Trump sister is a Gorsuch woman.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

Who does Bannon want? Trump sister is a Gorsuch woman.

Trump's sister is the Hardiman supporter.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

don't believe me, vox?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Abel Wingnut posted:

don't believe me, vox?

On what now?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
special shoutout to HUFFLEPUFF who made a few of us a lot of money with the Tom Shannon tip in Secretary of State

boy howdy, that was big

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

this one is going well

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Arkane posted:

special shoutout to HUFFLEPUFF who made a few of us a lot of money with the Tom Shannon tip in Secretary of State

boy howdy, that was big

Can you give more details? This sounds juicy

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

Rex-Goliath posted:

Can you give more details? This sounds juicy

Basically, a long time ago everyone was betting in Secretary of State on one of two outcomes:

1) Tillerson is confirmed
2) Tillerson is not confirmed in time, and either John Kerry stays on as a placeholder SecState or Deputy SecState Anthony Blinken takes Acting.

Those people did no research, because if they did they'd see that every single time there has ever been an acting SecState, it has been the Undersecretary for Political Affairs - Thomas Shannon, in this case. The highest ranking career foreign service position/non-political appointee. I asked that Shannon be added, and when he was I quietly bought up thousands of shares at 1-5c apiece. I actually missed out on most of the 1-2c shares, but got a bunch at 4c.

Even after that it took the market weeks to realize that Shann was the Mann. I think that was probably a once-in-a-lifetime hit, because all the factors aligned: slightly obtuse process that made it not clear that Shannon was the answer. A lot of noise from the insanity in the SecState market (It was always Dana). And the thought that Tillerson would be confirmed easily. Even then, right down to the wire, if it hadn't been for that executive order on immigration, they might have held the vote a few hours earlier and it'd be for naught. So, good times!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bikini Quilt posted:

So is PredictIt basically dead once the primaries are over? After that is it just betting on the actual election? Everything else seems like poll betting or international stuff that I imagine is a lot harder to make money off of.

funny post, in hindsight

• Locked thread