Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

mandatory lesbian posted:

So like, are there any stores that sell physical Vita games anymore or is it all online only? I don't really like having packages sent to where I live but I still like having physical media as I am a curmudgeon.

I live in the US.

Other than the tiny shelves at some Gamestops, I don't think so. Unless you have a local Retro/general game store that may get Vita stuff traded into it.

There's also a chance that Best Buy, Target, or Toys R Us may still have something. But don't expect much of anything recent in those cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zenintrude posted:

Only GameStop

not the ones in minneapolis...the world is pain

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Hey thread, not trying to ask for homebrew in detail but is there anything I can do with system update 3.63?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Hey thread, not trying to ask for homebrew in detail but is there anything I can do with system update 3.63?

No.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Sea Sponge Run posted:

if you are a male who is not comfortable with his masculinity you prolly won't like atelier

fixed

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Shallie. Question. Chains? I'm in chapter 5 and I think I understand the rest of the alchemy stuff, but this is one aspect I absolutely don't get at all. How does it work? What is it good for? How do I get it to 800???

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

U-DO Burger posted:

if you are a male who is not comfortable with his masculinity you prolly won't like anime

Fixed

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

dbz is manly is heck man

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kortel posted:

Nope, tested it out over several chapters. Legitimately wrong entries. Not enough to cause issues but odd enough to catch every once in a while. Not surprising, every Plus version has some sort of major glitch.

I've fallen through the floor, spawned in the air after an added cutscene, and had Shalotte's broom just not load for one session. Not to mention slowdown and various pop-in issues.

It has me worried for Firis because they're still fixing things for the Japanese version.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Bernardo Orel posted:

Shallie. Question. Chains? I'm in chapter 5 and I think I understand the rest of the alchemy stuff, but this is one aspect I absolutely don't get at all. How does it work? What is it good for? How do I get it to 800???

iirc you just have to match the items you're using, and the skills you're using, to the element of the item. So fill up a fire item with a bunch of fire poo poo.

It's mostly for end-game crafting when you have a ton of materials and can just mash through synthesis and end up maxed out because it's effectively exponential

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dehry posted:

It has me worried for Firis because they're still fixing things for the Japanese version.

:dice:, but a collapsing barrell

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dehry posted:

I've fallen through the floor, spawned in the air after an added cutscene, and had Shalotte's broom just not load for one session. Not to mention slowdown and various pop-in issues.

That.. that doesn't sound good at all. I could deal with frame slowdown and the occasional bad translation, but those sort of glitches seem pretty nasty.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

That.. that doesn't sound good at all. I could deal with frame slowdown and the occasional bad translation, but those sort of glitches seem pretty nasty.

In comparison I will say I didn't encounter any of those glitches, just the slowdown and translation issues.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was just very unlucky I guess. You might see the spawning in air one, that was a late game cutscene. I thought somehow I had sold the broom I had equipped in the first case, and the floor was entirely random after beating an enemy where two geometry objects met.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Which of these dumb Sword Art Online games are worth trying out, the $4.99 one or the $7.99 one?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

zenintrude posted:

Which of these dumb Sword Art Online games are worth trying out, the $4.99 one or the $7.99 one?

They're both awful but the $7.99 one at least has a translation that's comprehensible if you're willing to subject yourself to garbage

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

my wife likes sword art online

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a sword art rpg with like tales-level production would be cool but i dont really like the hollow nonsense

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

You can sell your vita and buy a PS TV for it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you want a decent sao game get the ps4 port of hollow fragment

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

You can't spell Quality without Gust

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Hollow Fragment:

- Horrible translation, to the point you will likely need out of game guides for some things.
- Very, very long game with a LOT of builds, secret bosses, unlocks, etc...
- I think you need to go through these weird romance parts to boost your followers.
- Very open style
- Story is pretty mediocre

Lost song:

- Pretty good translation
- You can Fly (though at first very limited)
- Very linear compared to HF
- Only game with ranged magic and attacks.
- Story is pretty mediocre

I know very little about the last one other than it slows down badly in combat situation and dense population towns. Not sure if that was fixed yet.
Gameplay is supposedly the best of all 3 - when it doesn`t slow down (aka PS4). It`s still 53$ so you probably don`t care about a Hollow Realisation that the franchise is very lacking.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

if you want a decent fake mmo game get .hack on ps2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If you want bad MMO-like gameplay why not just play a MMO?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Andrast posted:

If you want bad MMO-like gameplay why not just play a MMO?

There's only so much time in the day when I want to deal with actual people in my video games.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I wish we would get another dotHack game.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kortel posted:

I wish we would get another dotHack game.

It's been a decade and why create dothack when we can look forward to this crossover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgXW8NIYcVU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats accel world

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

.hack but bad, I think. Then again over half of .hack is bad so that makes it double-bad?

Oh and I hope you're ready for more visual novels.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Accel World is better than literally any .hack game because it has Ash Roller and is also not as up its own rear end despite being written by the SAO dude

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

accel world is probably sao dude's best work because it isn't A) a rewritten version of something he wrote in high school or B) desperately trying to add on top of something he wrote in high school that had a definitive ending

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
yeah even though he wrote both of them accel world is actually pretty cool, but i'm guessing it didn't take off as much because it isn't as harem-y

vv yeah true. also SAO started off with the much more traditional fantasy settings even if it is just a video game

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 1, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

yeah even though he wrote both of them accel world is actually pretty cool, but i'm guessing it didn't take off as much because it isn't as harem-y
i think its also because of the weird toku designs and the main character having a pretty goofy look

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I cannot emphasize how Ash Roller is the best character Kawihara has ever conceived and is part of the reason why accel world is really fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqKbtA6ih0Q

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The main character is :goonsay: and that's all you need to know

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Policenaut posted:

.hack but bad, I think. Then again over half of .hack is bad so that makes it double-bad?

punch line!!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Wow punch line is actually coming out

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

SAO is pretty fun and works well as a game you play a few missions in and then go back to other things.
Also getting email from your buds is :3:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh cool I'll actually get to see the true end of Punchline.

It's written by the 999/VLR guy btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I keep getting really confused for some reason and mixing up Net High and Punchline and got really disappointed when I learned Punchline wasn't what I thought it was.