Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Donald do you think they'll drop the bomb?
Donald do you think they'll like the song?
Donald do you think they'll try to break my balls?
Ooooh aah, Donald should I build a wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

wyoming posted:

Look forward to your screed about improper heads stretching and warping tapes.

Tapes are trash.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

You can definitely get a good used turntable for like $75 or less

Used? Yes, if you know what to look for. New? Absolutely not.

Snak posted:

Good, then I don't have to watch it. I was afraid it might have somehow turned into a relevant commentary now that the surveillance state is so far beyond what was far-fetched when the movie came out.

Oh man.

My favorite part is that erasing data is portrayed by a photoshop filter over the data. Like, on the screen is a picture of a driver's license, and it starts to crystallize as it's deleted. :barf:

I love what utter horseshit anything having to do with computers is in any movie from the 90s.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

CPL593H posted:

Why would I want a new turntable?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

yeah I see no real reason to buy a new turntable when I can get a used one that's just as good (often better) for cheaper.

my ex got a new one that had a Bluetooth option, that's cool I guess but not something I really need.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
So turns out Blood Father is a pretty good pulp yarn, I reckon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Does it feature a dad made out of blood.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Lurdiak posted:

Does it feature a dad made out of blood.

Unfortunately, no.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Death By The Blues posted:

Come party with us forever and ever

Thank you for the recommendation.

If you're going to the Shogun you better be buying if I'm gonna join ya. :v: I just had to pay heinous vet bills, and two of my friends had their birthdays a week apart.

K. Waste posted:

Unfortunately, no.

:sigh:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

what is this poo poo

It's one in a long line of Shaun & Jen's excellent videos dissecting the alt-right's roots in tabloid-obsession and anger addiction.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
What's the minimum percentage necessary to say something is made out of blood?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Krazyface posted:

It has to be a higher percentage than the average mammal, surely. Otherwise way too many things would be made out of blood.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Krazyface posted:

420%

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Actually this shogun place has terrible reviews, NVM. But if you wanna hang out sureeeeeeeeee.

Anyone else here making movies currently?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
I just got picture-lock on a short film that I edited for a lawyer who goes to my brother's gym that's gonna be screening at a bar next Monday to raise charity for NYC homeless.

I really wanna get started on a found footage movie. I already know a chick who's mad good at monster make-up and gore effects, and I kinda want to do something about the Jersey devil. (Yes, I know it's been done!)

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Oooo let me know when its public. Really, would like to see it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Actually this shogun place has terrible reviews, NVM. But if you wanna hang out sureeeeeeeeee.

Anyone else here making movies currently?

What! That's really weird, I've never heard a bad word about it. I guess it depends who your cook is.

E: Wow, I see what you mean. I guess I got really lucky because my experiences there were great. Sorry to steer you the wrong way like that.

E2: This is kind of blowing my mind, the walls in that place are covered in awards and they've always got a full house and polite staff whenever I've gone, yet here are some people calling the food lovely and talking about the chefs sexually harassing them.

E3: Now I feel really embarrassed about recommending it...

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 1, 2017

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I will stick to my and poutine and onion ring poutine, shawarma poutine and other forms of poutine.

Don't feel bad, you had no idea :(

I wanna go here.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I will stick to my and poutine and onion ring poutine, shawarma poutine and other forms of poutine.

Don't feel bad, you had no idea :(

Dude if you'd gone there and one of your lady friends got groped like in one of these yelp reviews I'd have felt super responsible.

If you want just the wackiest possible kind of poutine, you could do worse than Poutineville, which is famous for their "build your own poutine" menu. Not the best poutine in the world but perfectly acceptable, and the draw is that you can tell them to put fuckin'.... ribs in there.

I hear good things about Alfa for Brossard-based Poutine, but I've never been, personally.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 1, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

Tapes are trash.

I love what utter horseshit anything having to do with computers is in any movie from the 90s.

I own two records and zero record plyers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
YTOTD: The Last Of The Noirs

Strange Illusion (1945)
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (1946)
The Stranger (1946)
Suddenly (1954)
The Thief (1952)
Thieves' Highway (1949)
T-Men (1947)
Too Late For Tears (1949)
Try And Get Me! (1951)
The Turning Point (1952)
Where The Sidewalk Ends (1950)
The Woman In The Window (1944)
Woman On The Run (1950)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm also gonna reiterate that tapes are loving dope, probably better than records, and I'm only half saying that because I'm sinking time and money into making them.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tapes are cool but buying new ones feels really silly to me

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Honestly even the greatest poutine is still just poutine. It's a dish based on fries. When I was in Montreal I was way more impressed by the city's love of Portuguese chicken places. So delicious.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tapes are cheap as hell, buying new ones is a good low-investment way to get into new music. Plus when you buy one at a show you can just put it in your pocket instead of being that guy carrying around a record all night.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
My favorite music journalist opened a tape shop in Oakland and is now so bitter about the state of journalism and music criticism that hes just focusing on that full time :( , which is cool for him i guess

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Go get a Montreal smoked meat sandwich. It's like corned beef and pastrami had a baby.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

My favorite music journalist opened a tape shop in Oakland and is now so bitter about the state of journalism and music criticism that hes just focusing on that full time :( , which is cool for him i guess

I live in Oakland, what's the name of the shop?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Clueless holds up so well guys. Like I knew it was good but I had not seen it in some time.

What I like is it pokes a lot of fun at the culture it takes place in but it's never mean. There are lots of great details (all the girls with plastic surgery bandages in various shots, Cher's vocabulary) but it's not trying to tear these people down. They're basically decent folks even if their lifestyle is insane. It's very humane. The closest thing to a bad guy is Jeremy Sisto's character.

Also is Paul Rudd a robot.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
[tearfully] Here's me...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Clueless holds up so well guys. Like I knew it was good but I had not seen it in some time.

What I like is it pokes a lot of fun at the culture it takes place in but it's never mean. There are lots of great details (all the girls with plastic surgery bandages in various shots, Cher's vocabulary) but it's not trying to tear these people down. They're basically decent folks even if their lifestyle is insane. It's very humane. The closest thing to a bad guy is Jeremy Sisto's character.

Also is Paul Rudd a robot.

It's based on a Jane Austen book, of course it holds up.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I live in Oakland, what's the name of the shop?

Park Blvd Records

He did write a somewhat recent cover piece on Gucci for Fader when he got back from prison.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

It's based on a Jane Austen book, of course it holds up.

Well yeah, the plot's solid as a rock, but Heckerling gets so many little things right on top of that.

And they really lucked out with the cast. Not a weak link in there.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

This is funny, thx u

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

corn in the bible posted:

Funny how you did this with one of the least fascist songs from that album.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Budgie Jumping posted:

Funny how you did this with one of the least fascist songs from that album.

None of the songs on that album are fascist, but most of them are about fascism, including that one.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

all Star Wars should look like this

:smug:

I'm getting low-grade flashbacks to when I first played Tron 2.0, and it's default settings had bloom/somethingelse set pretty high. I got really sick and learned what a visual migraine was.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Lurdiak posted:

None of the songs on that album are fascist, but most of them are about fascism, including that one.

God dammit you know what I mean.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Budgie Jumping posted:

God dammit you know what I mean.

Sorry I genuinely thought you might be one of those people who thinks Pink Floyd is a neo nazi band.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Yo death, lurd id be down to hang out if youll have me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Every sentence in the Wikipedia description of the DS/GBA version of The Urbz: Sims in the City is progressively more insane.

quote:

In the Handheld version of the game, the protagonist, who recently arrived in the city from Simvalley, is fired after the owner of King Tower sells the tower to Daddy Bigbucks. After a failed attempt to steal a key from Daddy Bigbucks assistant, Lily Gates, he or she is arrested and taken to jail. After convincing the city sheriff to let him or her go, they are put on probation and prohibited from leaving the Urban area of the city. After doing certain tasks, they are recruited by Grandma Hattie to lead a strike to open the city bridges to Sim Quarter. Afterwards, they are knocked off of a ship and wash up in the Bayou, where he or she is mistaken by its inhabitants as a vampire. After convincing them that they are human, the inhabitants help them get home. However, one of the inhabitants are bitten by a vampire and turn into one. Then, he or she arrives in Sim Quarter and is informed by Grandma Hattie that Daddy Bigbucks took over the city and outlawed running, and if anyone is caught running they will be arrested. She then gives him or her a cookbook in order to help them make the chocolate needed to cure the bayou inhabitant's vampirism. Later on, the protagonist and Grandma Hattie are arrested for running, but are let go by the Sheriff because he hates Daddy Bigbucks. Eventually, the protagonist arrives in Glasstown and finds the original King Tower owner, Mr.King. Later on, the protagonist, with the help of Ewan Watahmee and Sue Pirnova, fix a time machine and use it to help find Daddy Bigbucks. Afterwards, the protagonist defeats him, and he is banished to an island outside of the city, and the Protagonist is idolized by the city inhabitants and a lifelike statue of the protagonist is built in the city center, and the game ends.

Jenny Angel posted:

[tearfully] Here's me...

i 100% believe that this is actually you because i found the article and

quote:

Her bucket list also included petting a miniature pig which came along to the taser firing with her.

• Locked thread