Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

BIG 'OL BARGEBOARDS ARE BACK Y'ALL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My expectations for the big manufacturers is still low but as a basic sort of concept I quite like that car.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It a pretty good looking car. Rear wing is a massive improvement over the current formula.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That car doesn't look like it would have been big enough

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
That is a great looking car and I am so excited to see these new cars in action.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm looking forward to seeing the first actual 2017 F1 cars... in 3 weeks

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The massive tires are a huge boon for the appearance of these cars.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Powershift posted:

That car doesn't look like it would have been big enough

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Tsaedje posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing the first actual 2017 F1 cars... in 3 weeks

Why are the reveals so late? Haven't they been in early January the past few years?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There used to be early February testing and there is none this year.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

1500quidporsche posted:

There used to be early February testing and there is none this year.

They pushed everything back because there were fears teams wouldn't have their cars finished in time for feb testing

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
When i started watching the off season wasnt so slow. There would be VVROOOOOOOM with Ducati and Ferrari, Then a bunch of big parties where the launched the cars, and finally testing.

Now they just take a sheet off of it on wednesday at Jerez. Or worse, just start driving it. Now with Bernie dead i think we'll see car launches again.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Some of the teams still do fairly big events for the launch (it was either last year or the year before Red Bull revealed their car with people breakdancing around it and it looked hilariously stupid) but I think it comes in waves and is largely on the demand of sponsors, I think given a choice most teams would rather just take it straight to the track and run it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Now with Bernie dead i think we'll see car launches again.

The Mercedes Petronas AMG F1 Racing Car Reveal is brought to you by Burger King in association with Starbucks.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I seem to recall recently that pre launch do's are no longer a thing as they have been banned, however I have no source

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pre launches wit new liveries were sort of a thing last year, it's just that no one cared, and no one could tell if they were looking at a 2015 or 2016 car anyway. Remember how we all chuckled at the Renault colours?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Who's going to post a goatse design?

The nose on that Manor with the big steep slope is interesting, I'm not sure if I like it or dislike it yet. Wider tires look great. I'm not sure about the coffee tables beside the cockpit either, I think if a driver puts his drink there it would fall off.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GramCracker posted:

The Mercedes Petronas AMG F1 Racing Car Reveal is brought to you by Burger King in association with Starbucks.

This is unironically what the sport needs. The culture of f1 isnt the same without a Marlboro executive showing up with a squad of underage hookers carrying briefcases of money and cocaine. Now they are racing in several non european countries talking about adding "driver head protection" and poo poo :barf:

BTW, New Honorary American citizen Kevin "Kev" Magnussen did this charming video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHOo-ognmnU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My hopes are high for Haas becoming a modern Jordan Grand Prix and early indications have been positive.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
He'd better make the most of that pencil sharpener, it's the most points he'll be making all year

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HJB posted:

He'd better make the most of that pencil sharpener, it's the most points he'll be making all year

:crafty:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Did he eat a bread roll with nothing in it?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

HJB posted:

Didn't even Gutierrez get some points in the Haas? Greatest car on the grid

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

He did not

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah, if you ignore the brakes

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Stoffel Vandoorne finished higher than him in the drivers championship.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
One refreshing thing about Vandoorne is his age. He turns 25 on the day of the Australian GP. Nice not to have another kid under 21 joining the grid.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

1500quidporsche posted:

Stoffel Vandoorne finished higher than him in the drivers championship.

Come on i made a whole nickname-post less than 2 pages ago! :argh:

MattD1zzl3 posted:

"Joyless" Palmer

"Clone baby of Nico and Lewis" Wehrlein

:siren:"Build a wall between him and the points and make Carlos slim pay for it" Gutierrez:siren:

"Wearing Van der gardes Suit" Ericson

"Inexplicably promoted" Ocon

And finally

"Muslim Banned" Haryanto

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 1, 2017

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Stoffel Vandoorne

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

iospace posted:

Yeah, if you ignore the brakes

That sounds like an excuse to me, you don't go fast by using the brakes a lot!

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
why does mattdizzle think anyone reads his posts

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Dubs posted:

who?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

HJB posted:

sick burn

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lowe-to-begin-new-williams-f1-role-in-march-870294/

:getin:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dubs posted:

I read every post, unfortunately.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I don't mind K-Mag. Seems like he might grow into some personality. We'll see how he can manage to drag the Haas into a point this year, though I assume GrossJeans will be finishing ahead most of the time.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Brawn's revenge will be sweet and crippling.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CratSock posted:

I don't mind K-Mag. Seems like he might grow into some personality. We'll see how he can manage to drag the Haas into a point this year, though I assume GrossJeans will be finishing ahead most of the time.

For his sake I hope so. I don't have very high hopes for this guy - Palmer had the better of him post Austria I'd say.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
A brief summery of K-Mag's career so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A brief summary of rosberg's career

• Locked thread