Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bud K ninja sword posted:

how the gently caress are you people not going to play as Knight Ryder?

Because I'll be Ghost Ryder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Codependent Poster posted:

:frog::respek::unsmith:

Niiiice.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I roleplay my Sheppard as Big Boss.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Marvel beat you to it.

I will only play as Richard Ryder if I can name my sibling Robbie.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kavak posted:

They exploded differently. :downs:

They didn't explode, they deactivated and fell apart. You literally see the wave not explode the reapers and geth troops, but rather shut off immediately.

I mean, even I could see the difference between destroying one while it's on and having it shut down and fall apart without the mass effect fields to hold it together.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I want to see the stats and I want to see how many Dick Ryder's there will be.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Drifter posted:

They didn't explode, they deactivated and fell apart. You literally see the wave not explode the reapers and geth troops, but rather shut off immediately.

I mean, even I could see the difference between destroying one while it's on and having it shut down and fall apart without the mass effect fields to hold it together.

For the extended cut I'd agree with you.

But in the original cut they do look like they explode, but not in the exact same way it happens in Arrival, I'll give you that.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

How many Sara Ryders will be renamed "Dee?"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

marshmallow creep posted:

Deez Nuts Ryder

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm going to go with Sera Ryder

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Pages of dick riding jokes are infinitely better than pages of arguments about ME3's ending, which I think we can now all acknowledge was a totally irredeemable dumpster fire that dooms ME:A to suckitude by simple association.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I am so tempted to make Ryder black and name him or her Low.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Pages of dick riding jokes are infinitely better than pages of arguments about ME3's ending, which I think we can now all acknowledge was a totally irredeemable dumpster fire that dooms ME:A to suckitude by simple association.

In a couple months we'll all be extolling the virtues of ME3's writing by comparison.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

exquisite tea posted:

In a couple months we'll all be extolling the virtues of ME3's writing by comparison.

I fear that the rushed development lead to poorer assets than we got in ME3, they might have to use a lower quality of stock photo for your party members.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I wonder if you pick a non-caucasian Ryder will the game change your sibling & dad to match your ethnicity? If you use the presets it would be easy to map 1 to 1 which bother goes with which sister, though they'd have to make a dozen different dad facegens too. But if you make a custom character they'd have more trouble unless there is literally a 'race' slider. Hopefully they don't just tint your family member's hair/skin tone to match yours.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Cythereal posted:

I am so tempted to make Ryder black and name him or her Low.

Hector Bonifacio Echeverria y Cervantes de la Cruz Arroyo Ryder

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nevets posted:

I wonder if you pick a non-caucasian Ryder will the game change your sibling & dad to match your ethnicity? If you use the presets it would be easy to map 1 to 1 which bother goes with which sister, though they'd have to make a dozen different dad facegens too. But if you make a custom character they'd have more trouble unless there is literally a 'race' slider. Hopefully they don't just tint your family member's hair/skin tone to match yours.

DA2 had about half a dozen potential appearances for your protagonist's family based on what you chose for Hawke. I'd imagine Andromeda will do the same thing.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

They said you can customize both Ryder Siblings and Dad Ryder's appearance will change to match theirs like in DA 2

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Nevets posted:

SgtSteel91 posted:

They said you can customize both Ryder Siblings and Dad Ryder's appearance will change to match theirs like in DA 2

Pretty much, though how will that work if you make one twin white and the other black (which is a thing that can happen with some twins)? Who knows! Maybe Dad's resemblance will default to being more like the one you play.

One of the concept artists for MEA, Thomas Pringle, who left back around 2014, posted some of the art he made for the game:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

horseface ryder

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

...one twin white and the other black (which is a thing that can happen with some twins)?

Checks out.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
My Shepard was named Argus, so when they introduced the Argus assault rifle I pretended that it was named after Shepard. I hope they do that kind of thing for real in this game, it would be neat.

Also I want more info about the multiplayer because that was the best part of 3 and I have moderately high expectations for it.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I have moderately high expectations for it.

:yikes:

You're setting yourself up for heartache.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

My Shepard was named Argus, so when they introduced the Argus assault rifle I pretended that it was named after Shepard. I hope they do that kind of thing for real in this game, it would be neat.

Could be worse, my very first Shepard who I played first through the entire trilogy with was named Miranda long before ME2 was announced.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

OH WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

Literally showing this image would have made a better ending.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Pattonesque posted:

OH WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

Jason is the giveaway here.

But something like this would have been the prize.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

exquisite tea posted:

This is pretty much exactly what the Extended Cut retconned into the finale.

If so, it's telling that I don't remember anything from the EC.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I just watched the EC Destroy ending and it still shows the spin-arms of the relay breaking and flying off into space, the relay itself looks undamaged.

e: wait, they just did a panning shot of an absolutely hosed Relay with "The relays are severely damaged, but we won."

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 1, 2017

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Also I want more info about the multiplayer because that was the best part of 3 and I have moderately high expectations for it.

https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/826642309949296640

So you might be pleased! Won't know until it really comes out, but seeing this makes me think it'll be pretty neat.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Kurieg posted:

I just watched the EC Destroy ending and it still shows the spin-arms of the relay breaking and flying off into space, the relay itself looks undamaged.

e: wait, they just did a panning shot of an absolutely hosed Relay with "The relays are severely damaged, but we won."

Yeah, oh well! Guess we did know how to build/modify relays after all!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Kurieg posted:

That panning shot plays even with a sub-optimal EMS (low EMS Destroy is the one where everything is vaporized), where in that ending the Relays blow up more than the inner rings flying off.

So my guess that it's a pre rendered cutscene that always plays for the bare minimum for that ending.

Ideally, there would be a "High EMS Destroy" version that has that Relay with just missing inner rings, no other damage to it.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 2, 2017

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/826642309949296640

So you might be pleased! Won't know until it really comes out, but seeing this makes me think it'll be pretty neat.
Yea the multiplayer is the part of Andromeda that I have the most faith in. ME3MP was amazing, DA:I MP wasn't great but its problems were due to the poor combat engine in DA:I period. They went back and unfucked the character unlock costs too.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SgtSteel91 posted:

Ideally, there would be a "High EMS Destroy" version that has that Relay with just missing inner rings, no other damage to it.

Ideally there would also be a whole other ME3 instead too but we're stuck with Robocop 3 and Matrix 3 forever as well.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

DancingShade posted:

Ideally there would also be a whole other ME3 instead too but we're stuck with Robocop 3 and Matrix 3 forever as well.

We'll, they could always pull the 'Shepard was indoctrinated' theory and make every single person happy who isn't the shaders-guy: he would be real sad after all that hard work making a red/green/blue ending.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Yea the multiplayer is the part of Andromeda that I have the most faith in. ME3MP was amazing, DA:I MP wasn't great but its problems were due to the poor combat engine in DA:I period. They went back and unfucked the character unlock costs too.

It seems like DA:I was designed with the mindset of "No one would ever want to play anything other than a Mage" and just leave the AI to handle the clunkier workhorse classes. Still doesn't explain the only ranged specialization for rogues being based around mines you drop at your feet.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

And for the mission where you pose as someone else, you can be Ghost Ryder in disguise!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to be BMX Ryder.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'm naming mine Red for the dude, and C.C. for the girl.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

DancingShade posted:

I'm going to be BMX Ryder.

Reaper Summoner and BMX Ryder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm gonna be uh, Fart? Fart ryder? or uh, like butt ryder?