Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

doomfunk posted:

I know I've been quiet here for forever but Vvardenfell is pretty baller and I say this as a huge velothi fan creature. If you think you're hyped, please try to understand my restraint.

More character slots, please. I don't care what the idiots in the CS department say. I WANT MORE SLOTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I, as Arch-Lizard of the Ebonheart Goons, am going to decree a rule:

The abbreviation MW, by itself, shall strictly be reserved for TES3:Morrowind.

Acceptable abbreviations for ESO:Morrowind are anything like ESO:MW.

MW has always, and will forever, refer to TES3: Morrowind.

Except when it refers to Modern Warfare or MechWarrior.

But in the context of TES, Morrowind referring to a game with no context must always refer to TES3. If you want to say "Was it like this in Morrowind", you shall be assumed to refer to TES3. Not ESO:Morrowind.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They should have gone with Vvardenfell, tbh.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

The cheap key doesn't work for that steam version of the game. Is that bad? Do I want the steam one?

Steam doesn't matter. The launcher is just fine (downloads faster than Steam does in my case) and you can add it as a non-Steam game easily

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Wait... Is that South of Vivec facing north? I don't remember land mass out there.

Unless that's standing in Deshaan.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Scyantific posted:

They should have gone with Vvardenfell, tbh.

They wouldn't cash in on as much hype/nostalgia points going with Vvardenfell over Morrowind, at least that's how marketing looked at it I bet.

Also, super loving stoked as well. If nothing else, I hope the warden can summon a SWARM of cliff racers to really capture my MW days.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Aramek posted:

Wait... Is that South of Vivec facing north? I don't remember land mass out there.

Vivec deleted the islands when he got access to the construction kit.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

MF_James posted:

They wouldn't cash in on as much hype/nostalgia points going with Vvardenfell over Morrowind, at least that's how marketing looked at it I bet.

Also, super loving stoked as well. If nothing else, I hope the warden can summon a SWARM of cliff racers to really capture my MW days.

Pretty much. Bethesda were the ones that hosed up by calling TESIII Morrowind instead of Vvardenfell.

Also the PC collector's edition is now $79.99 if you have Prime. They messed up and weren't applying the discount earlier.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSDDERO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485893270&sr=8-1&keywords=elder+scrolls+online+morrowind+collector's+edition

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Aramek posted:

it is not, in fact, particularly accurate. looks awesome though!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's Star Wars rules.

I like Star Wars rules. :getin:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I need this, in full 1920x1080

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Ok, last question, what class/build is good for soloing open world but also good in groups? Something like a Blood DK. Is melee poo poo on in this MMO too?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok, last question, what class/build is good for soloing open world but also good in groups? Something like a Blood DK. Is melee poo poo on in this MMO too?

Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Templar. Check OP for the links to the quick-starts for both classes.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If Prime only came to my corner of the world, I might grab it for that discount + Twitch goodies. $100 for physical PC still, not bad considering the swag.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

I need this, in full 1920x1080

This is finally gonna replace Solaire of Astora for me.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I'm gonna do that Nightblade tank build. Hell yes.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm gonna do that Nightblade tank build. Hell yes.

DO NOT level as a tank. Level as a DPS. So use the mageblade starter kit/guide.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Also, Froid, Sluggo, and I will need a 4th for our Goon Battleground Poopsocking group.

Taking applications now.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Pretty much. Bethesda were the ones that hosed up by calling TESIII Morrowind instead of Vvardenfell.

Also the PC collector's edition is now $79.99 if you have Prime. They messed up and weren't applying the discount earlier.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSDDERO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485893270&sr=8-1&keywords=elder+scrolls+online+morrowind+collector's+edition

thanks for pointing this out. preordered...

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
With the news of being able to join a House, can we confirm this is a Telvanni only guild. Or do we have some Hlaalu/Redoran lovers here?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If you ain't Telvanni, you ain't poo poo. :colbert:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Holy poo poo, :fap:

Also, could someone please save a bite for me when yours comes up? I want to turn my new magdk into a vampire but am having a hard time getting anyone to bite me. @blitzstrahl in game.

Edit: got the ism and I'm good to go.

rio fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 1, 2017

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Scyantific posted:

DO NOT level as a tank. Level as a DPS. So use the mageblade starter kit/guide.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post465376171

This?

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

Can I get an invite as @goddimus to Ebonheart Goons?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Decided to check out the game again due to the morrowind announcement. This game has improved a lot since the last time I played (2 months after release?) .

Nulity
Sep 26, 2010

2DCAT posted:

Decided to check out the game again due to the morrowind announcement. This game has improved a lot since the last time I played (2 months after release?) .

Yeah zos have really outdone themselves turning this game around. I've been having a lot of fun with this and FF14. That's not something I would have expected to say in 2010 or 2014 for both.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I need an invite to the goon clan please. @Effluence

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can you transfer characters to different alliances yet?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Can you transfer characters to different alliances yet?

Nope. Only reason it matters anymore is PVP though.

Road Ahead 2017 edition
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017

Q1 Homestead
Q2 Morrowind
Q3 ????
Q4 Clockwork City?

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 1, 2017

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/317213/vmol-has-ruined-ps4s-pve-scene
THIS GUY

btw +2 character slots with vvardenfell confirmed

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

How are stamblades/magblades compared to magplar and stamsorc? I like my stamsorc because nothing can kill me (other than not dodging fire) and magplar just shits on everything currently, but I dunno much about nightblades.

I guess really, what is the current state of nightblade dps?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Jesus christ THAT GUY. He posts dozens of whinethreads with no insight into anything whatsoever, threatenes with quitting, changes sig to retired, keeps going with the whine threads. He's the only person on the official forums I recognize, because all his threads are The Worst.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Nope. Only reason it matters anymore is PVP though.

Road Ahead 2017 edition
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017

Q1 Homestead
Q2 Morrowind
Q3 ????
Q4 Clockwork City?

I'm okay with this if it means we get a Morrowind sized content release once a year. At the previous rate of DLC sizes it would have taken them like ten years to fill in the rest of the map. My guess is Murkmire for Q4 DLC since that's got to be pretty much done by this point.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I wonder if we're going to get those Nord-themed dungeons that were datamined a while back. I would kill for either A) A trip to Atmora, or B) An Undaunted Monster Helm in the shape of a Dragon Priest Mask.

E: Calling it now, next year's chapter will introduce Spellcrafting.

quote:

Expect ESO Chapters to introduce things like new game systems, new classes, and a ton of new content.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 1, 2017

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

MF_James posted:

How are stamblades/magblades compared to magplar and stamsorc? I like my stamsorc because nothing can kill me (other than not dodging fire) and magplar just shits on everything currently, but I dunno much about nightblades.

I guess really, what is the current state of nightblade dps?

PVE stamblade is in a pretty bad spot, save for vet Malestrom where they have enough burst damage for sucess. PVP they are essentially gankers. You can still dps in 4 man dungeons, normal trials, and, yes vet trials but they are now even below stamplar imho for pve group content.

Magblades are, sadly, at the bottom of the mag dps pile, but it is a small difference. They make up for this by bringing a lot of survival and damage and, for me, are the easiest class to do vma on (yes, including magsorcs and stam sorcs). I have done all the content in the game on a Breton magblade on console, and am slowly reproducing the effort on PC. Any decent trial guild will still take the utility of a magblade (crit buff, veil, plus off heals while doing DPS) over pretty much any melee stam build.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

What classes are good at pve and is a class that people actually want to play with?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

rio posted:

What classes are good at pve and is a class that people actually want to play with?

All of them..?

I mean there's 4 classes, healers/tanks are always short, but if you don't like doing either that leaves stam/mag dps for all 4 classes.

Stamdps is behind magdps (for the most part) at the moment, but is still good.

Just depends what you wanna do, I recommend playing all 4 classes a little and see what you like.

v--- I love my stamsorc, my dps is lower than other stamdps (also suboptimal race pick) but since I (almost) never die, it ends up being fairly even because idiots running 15khp and no selfheal eat poo poo.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 2, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

rio posted:

My favorite is Templar but if I were to reroll I'd go Sorcerer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Reinstalled this dumb game because expansion hype is A Thing™. Also got a friend to buy it. Did they make Sorc bubble-tanking a thing? Last time I played I think it had been nerfed pretty hard. Still leveling because I level at a glacial pace.