Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Well, when things get stale in the bedroom, there are a few things you can look into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
a girl i got dumped by was lifting next to me today. in response, i attempted to build my pump to intimidating levels

actually that's not true I just did my normal workout and did my best not to make eye contact

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
same

she was standing bent over infront of me..yoga pants and all..

trying to be respectful of course but i have to admit i snuck a look in every now and then :ohdear:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
am i a monster

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
gently caress i am huge

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
i get off on how huge i am

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

Zzulu posted:

same

she was standing bent over infront of me..yoga pants and all..

trying to be respectful of course but i have to admit i snuck a look in every now and then :ohdear:

thats ok she has a nice butt i don't blame you

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
speakimg of gym etiquette, theres a girl with transpRent tights so u can see her thong underneath

ok or not ok

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Ok

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Understood, sensei. *scribbles down in notebook*

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I probably should see a therapist.

For my bad posting.

I'm in the gym, lifting things. It's good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pesmerga posted:

I probably should see a therapist.

For my bad posting.

I'm in the gym, lifting things. It's good.

keep lifting until u feel like you're gonna pass out in the shower afterwards

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Chinatown posted:

keep lifting until u feel like you're gonna pass out in the shower afterwards

That's easy, I'll just do some heavy squats that always makes me want to faint at the moment.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I noticed that 2 of the regulars at my gym are hooking up now (the 2nd couple in a short timeframe).

My question is how would you handle it who can stay at the gym and which one needs to look for a new one after the (inevitable) breakup?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

a mysterious cloak posted:

What is "RP stuff" and should my old rear end look into it? Is it a diet template or something?

They have templates you can buy, but they have a basic ebook you can buy for around 30 bucks IIRC. It's really useful. It goes into all the science and little details and also has a chapter for if you're like me and still don't understand everything, it'll breakdown what exact macros you need, etc. My main issue atm is actually getting myself to cook regularly to begin with.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

They have templates you can buy, but they have a basic ebook you can buy for around 30 bucks IIRC. It's really useful. It goes into all the science and little details and also has a chapter for if you're like me and still don't understand everything, it'll breakdown what exact macros you need, etc. My main issue atm is actually getting myself to cook regularly to begin with.

Like paying for programming lessons when all you want to do is set the tivo.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Helios Grime posted:

I noticed that 2 of the regulars at my gym are hooking up now (the 2nd couple in a short timeframe).

My question is how would you handle it who can stay at the gym and which one needs to look for a new one after the (inevitable) breakup?

We both stayed and just forgot about it. She's engaged now. Although it was never that serious and lasted a month or two.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Helios Grime posted:

You do squats and whoever faints first will be foreverially banished from the lands. Proportionate weight of course so girls stand a chance. No PWO allowed. The local gymboss will referee the event

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 1, 2017

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

You do squats and whoever faints first will be foreverially banished from the lands. Proportionate weight of course so girls stand a chance. No PWO allowed. The local gymboss will referee the event

Squats are way too normal for such an occasion. Something more exotic should be used.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Can we focus more on this?

Defiant Sally posted:

i get off on how huge i am

And less on this?

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

a girl i got dumped by

Also lol

sassassin posted:

Like paying for programming lessons when all you want to do is set the tivo.

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

Clean & Press
like you are symbolically picking dead weight up on your shoulders and throwing to the curb

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Dum Cumpster posted:

Can we focus more on this?

quote:

Sally

I can't get off on my own hugeness by myself as my body dismorphia kicks in with nor reference material close by. I always need a normal (i.e. twink) person next to me to get my blood flowing.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Helios Grime posted:

i went to a new gym 3 months before dumping him because that gym sucked

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

My back muscles are converting into the snakes they are and are working deep into my brain. I only want to workout back everyday all day. I am unable to not row and row and row until my hands cannot hold the bar any longer.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Cobra Commander posted:

My back muscles are converting into the snakes they are and are working deep into my brain. I only want to workout back everyday all day. I am unable to not row and row and row until my hands cannot hold the bar any longer.

If your muscles knew what was good for them they'd appreciate time to rest.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

That still does not tell me what RP means. Role playing? Retro peritoneal?

edit: oh, Renaissance Periodization. Worth it, goon lords, or no?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Yes, it's the best diet out there that I'm aware of right now that doesn't involve drugs.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Personal record, as in your best high score. It means nothing to anybody but yourself.

Oh wait RP not PR? Hmmm no idea

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just widened my bench grip by a couple inches on both sides and really felt it in my pecs. Cranked out 185x10, probably had 12 or 13 in me. The calculator says my 1rm is about 250 where it used to say 230 so Im cautiously optimistic?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i've been wanting to learn some c++ programming. anyone got any book recommendations?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Smeed posted:

I just widened my bench grip by a couple inches on both sides and really felt it in my pecs. Cranked out 185x10, probably had 12 or 13 in me. The calculator says my 1rm is about 250 where it used to say 230 so Im cautiously optimistic?

Did you actually bench 250?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

LordArgh posted:

i've been wanting to learn some c++ programming. anyone got any book recommendations?
Savitch's Problem Solving with C++

also i got as close to passing out mid-workout as I ever have today. i am now a new person who really, really wants a Grand Mac(tm)

jesus christ this spreadsheet poo poo makes me want a pizza

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

FedEx Mercury posted:

Nope too much of a baby. I still don't think Id get it. Next time I might put 225 on and see how many I can do. But it was strange how much easier it seemed and how much better the MMC was when I widened and cranked my elbows in. I've been lifting for years (shittily for most of that) and still find those weird little improvements.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

FedEx Mercury posted:

I mean, depending on the lift and you, calculators are going to be overly conservative. Especially as you increase reps. My 1rm based on 10rm is like 15%-20% lower than my actual max on bench. And I really struggle on the 9th/10th reps while I can send the single up fast and have never really pushed a max to a grinder because I have no spotter and questionable safety height.

If you're a woman or a cardio god the opposite is usually true. You can do high reps far closer to your max than a calculator thinks.

I guess on deadlifts the calculators are right or overestimate for me. Not sure why I am a volume fiend on deads but a cripple on squats.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 2, 2017

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

How about you just do a 1 rep max instead of employing math to showcase your strength?

Did legs today. 445x3 squat then 335x5x5. Leg press, leg ext, leg curls, then stiff leg deadlifts on an elevated platform where I felt like I was gonna either die or rip out my sack from my legs being pressed together (no thigh gap irl). Now I am on the exercise bike for a half hour to try and get rid of this over cooked whateveristan restaurant lamb I ate that fl**pin' s*cked.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Deadlifts today. A dude set up 5 feet in front of me when we were literally the only two on the floor.

I think he needed a salami supplement.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He wanted your D

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Deadlifts today. A dude set up 5 feet in front of me when we were literally the only two on the floor.

I think he needed a salami supplement.

Homie, eat the rear end.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

E_P posted:

How about you just do a 1 rep max instead of employing math to showcase your strength?

So what's your current pr on [lift]?

Well in 2012 when I was still lifting seriously and my wife hadn't yet thrown my favorite gym shorts in the trash and I had my old job and could actually sleep well at night and could afford to eat steak 5 nights a week and Trump wasn't president and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Brofessors, I need your wisdom

I had surgery today and the doctor said I should reduce carb and fat intake a lot this first week of recovery

What am I supposed to eat?? I can probably cut down on carbs a lot by just going full carnivore and eating lots of meat and poo poo like bacon

Anyone got good ideas?