Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Fain80 posted:

So I went back and looked at the Google Sheet that keeps track of the funding tracker. On the day of my $8000 refund this was the funding by hour:

$3,385
$3,310
$2,465
$2,705
$1,825
$1,990
$1,545
$1,015
$1,480
$1,810
$930
$1,825
$1,390
$1,130
$1,380
$1,705
$1,540
$3,525
$3,670

Where's my refund?! It's definitely not reflected on their tracker anywhere.

Yeah, we've known for sometime that the tracking doesn't (because it probably can't) take into account refunds, chargebacks etc since those aren't tied to the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sappo569 posted:

Any guesses on the next sale ?

Do they have any new ships to sell , or will it have to be war bonds and limited edition never to be sold again we promise ships ?

I'm going to assume we're going to see a ground exploration / combat vehicle with six wheels.

It will have a real nifty CGI trailer with it that shows a group of people making planetary entry, landing in a reddish rocky landscape, and then driving the vehicle to eventually run into either an alien artifact, crashed ship, or giant skeleton of some beast. Also they may not show the "what" but only their expressions of pure joy before it cuts to an end and Chris Roberts just going "This is MY dream! To boldy go where no man has gone before! Join me TODAY!" And the sale will start and CIG will rocket to $10 million dollars in thirty minutes. :homebrew:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
The gently caress?

what even is this?

why can't you get a prop airsoft gun that looks real

why did you make it last about three times as long as the joke would have been funny if you had actually been funny with it

why is sandi in this

is this real life?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I'm going to assume we're going to see a ground exploration / combat vehicle with six wheels.

It will have a real nifty CGI trailer with it that shows a group of people making planetary entry, landing in a reddish rocky landscape, and then driving the vehicle to eventually run into either an alien artifact, crashed ship, or giant skeleton of some beast. Also they may not show the "what" but only their expressions of pure joy before it cuts to an end and Chris Roberts just going "This is MY dream! To boldy go where no man has gone before! Join me TODAY!" And the sale will start and CIG will rocket to $10 million dollars in thirty minutes. :homebrew:

ground based ships are basically an untapped market and CIG did release some stolen concept art of moon bases so we are 100% confirmed to have player owned bases, so just start selling real estate and $300 space bulldozer packages with $75 bucket attachments.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Fat Shat Sings posted:

why is sandi in this

there is a camera, and it is switched on.

*updates imdb profile*

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The gently caress?

what even is this?

why can't you get a prop airsoft gun that looks real

why did you make it last about three times as long as the joke would have been funny if you had actually been funny with it

why is sandi in this

is this real life?

obv she's a grad student getting her third phd

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/826552702905753600

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I am fairly certain this guy has no idea what he really stands for and is in a perpetual state of angst.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

DapperDon posted:

I am fairly certain this guy has no idea what he really stands for and is in a perpetual state of angst.

That likely triples every second.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

gently caress I hate those desks so much.

Nice marmot.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

tbf I feel like that's most of the country right now

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Quavers posted:

In an unexpected turn of events, small-time streamer SushiBoySimon is aiming to break the Guiness World Record for Continuous Time in Virtual Reality (25hr), by playing the #1 VR game Star Citizen* live on his Twitch channel for 30+ hours. He's almost 14hr into his run. Donations go to Breast Cancer Research, with $750 raised so far.

* oops, I meant Elite Dangerous

So he's gonna do like 4 space trucker runs and make enough space creds to buy a 1/5th of a ship?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fain80 posted:

So I went back and looked at the Google Sheet that keeps track of the funding tracker. On the day of my $8000 refund this was the funding by hour:

$3,385
$3,310
$2,465
$2,705
$1,825
$1,990
$1,545
$1,015
$1,480
$1,810
$930
$1,825
$1,390
$1,130
$1,380
$1,705
$1,540
$3,525
$3,670

Where's my refund?! It's definitely not reflected on their tracker anywhere.

Yeah we've known that forever.

I've looked at their historical numbers (daily, not hourly) and done some basic histogram type poo poo on them and though there's a few things that could be questionable, I think they all have pretty easy/plausible explanations. If they're loving with the numbers they're doing a reasonably competent job at hiding it. Which begs the response "Why would this be the one thing they do competently?" but if you've read Cryptonomicon and have an IQ over 90 or so, you already know the major pitfalls to avoid.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

Agreed, same as discussing Ben's wife (unless she does something work related that is note worthy)

Let's keep things somewhat dignified

Now someone post a Ben jiggle gif to lighten the mood

Because all the Ben discussions revolve solely around his work :birddrugs:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

scrubs season six posted:

Because all the Ben discussions revolve solely around his work :birddrugs:
He works?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Well, he's at work sometimes.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Here's some of Ben's more noteworthy work accomplishments:

1. Telling everyone that SM was weeks not months away.
2. Telling everyone that that dumb pirate spaceship wasn't a pile of poo poo.
3. Fitting through an automated door made out of a garage door opener and some plywood they found in the alley.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ben lesnick vs ben parry

who would win

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

3. Fitting through an automated door made out of a garage door opener and some plywood they found in the alley.

I think I could be time for them to refactor the door story into "What?, It was like that when we got here"

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

ben lesnick vs ben parry

who would win

My money is on Ben

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

alf_pogs posted:

ben lesnick vs ben parry

who would win

Diabetes then society.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

The Titanic posted:

This is my office.

Sometimes when I'm bored, I spy on my neighbors and pretend I'm lining them up for a bombing run.

typical neighbour that bombs my shed

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

is this acting or pretending to act? whole video - everything/one

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Yeah we've known that forever.

I've looked at their historical numbers (daily, not hourly) and done some basic histogram type poo poo on them and though there's a few things that could be questionable, I think they all have pretty easy/plausible explanations. If they're loving with the numbers they're doing a reasonably competent job at hiding it. Which begs the response "Why would this be the one thing they do competently?" but if you've read Cryptonomicon and have an IQ over 90 or so, you already know the major pitfalls to avoid.
That's the kind of thing their crooked lawyer and former Gizmondo associates would be in charge of, surely. They've avoided imprisonment this long they're probably pretty good at this stuff.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

alf_pogs posted:

ben lesnick vs ben parry

who would win

Big Ben. has gravity on his side

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Didn't he also say he played through all of SQ42?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

don't forget literally crying at the admiral bishop speech

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gradis posted:

is this acting or pretending to act? whole video - everything/one

It's Sandi's acting troupe , they are basically a group of people so bad at acting they can't even put together a funny five minute video on the internet.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Hey now, don't forget he went and hunted up what happened to that chariot's second seat.

Still love they sold a two seat ship, then whoops, no it isn't.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to request 6 apple fritters and two pints of cream as my bedside doctor approved suicide

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Lladre posted:

It's Sandi's acting troupe , they are basically a group of people so bad at acting they can't even put together a funny five minute video on the internet.

lending further weight to the 'sandi is just a count olaf character' theory

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
actually that sounds good af

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Drunk Theory posted:

Hey now, don't forget he went and hunted up what happened to that chariot's second seat.

Still love they sold a two seat ship, then whoops, no it isn't.

Yeah, and it was literally a six month investigation that ultimately found out the guy quit so they have no idea what happened. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but one would think as it moved through the pipeline others would have brought up the missing seat.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, and it was literally a six month investigation that ultimately found out the guy quit so they have no idea what happened. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but one would think as it moved through the pipeline others would have brought up the missing seat.

there are no pipelines, hate to break it to ya citizen

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

starkebn posted:

what is it a series of tubes?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

starkebn posted:

:negative:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

I bet she gives them acting tips all the time. "When I was doing a scene with Gary he told me :downswords:".

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

that was actually him being a huge loving liar which apparently worked since that's how people remember it now.

Originally, during all the backlash when the ship actually came out he went and came back with a response about how an artist had decided to make changes to the model without telling anyone so of course he didn't know.

We roasted that as him obviously not knowing what's going on, and them selling a two seat ship that spent months in development as a single seat with nobody apparently noticing or caring it wasn't the concept ship they sold everyone.

Then, months later, he came and said "the guy in charge quit a long time ago and nobody can answer the question" which is apparently all anyone remembers anymore, absolving Ben of his blame at being a clueless "Master of Ships"

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

alf_pogs posted:

what is it a series of tubes?

a series of modellers pulling up some concept art from thailand and doing their best I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
This was described to me as "bizarroville stuff".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yRXYbHEAfg