Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Zebulon posted:

Legends of Tomorrow [...] was amazing.

You didn't need to say anything else, for Season 2 of Legends. It's the most fun DCW show this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Why would you post a spoiler for a completely different show in this thread?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
They're gonna pull a Bioshock: Infinite on us and reveal that Gypsy's real name is Francesca Ramon.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cisco's back baby!

Bout loving time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nameless Pete posted:

They're gonna pull a Bioshock: Infinite on us and reveal that Gypsy's real name is Francesca Ramon.

That was my thought too. Every time she showed up on screen I was like "wow, she even looks like a female version of Carlos Valdes. There is not way that's not intentional."

It would also continue the trend of the universe hilariously conspiring to torpedo Cisco's love life. Like, it's gone from "she's a wanted criminal", to "reincarnation/spin off bullshit" to "dude, she's literally you, that's creepy."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tree Dude posted:

So knocking her over means he wins? She knocked him over like 4 times!
Yeah, that was really dumb. What part of "to the death" did you not understand? If you don't kill her (or at least incapacitate her) she's just going to get up and keep trying to kill you. Or not, I guess, because she also didn't understand what "to the death" means. Which fits with them going on about how she's never been beaten. Well, obviously! If you lose a fight to the death then you don't get a second chance!

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Legends season 2 retroactively just improved Flash season 2 in the best way.

The Lord Bude posted:

Why would you post a spoiler for a completely different show in this thread?

Because they are directly linked by plot and part of the same shared universe?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Stunt Rock posted:

Because they are directly linked by plot and part of the same shared universe?

I am not a dude who cares about spoilers at all but I was busy last night and while I caught the Flash I had to skip LoT so if I did care about spoilers it would suck to see them 5 minutes after it aired in a different thread.

Like we are pretty loose with spoilers in this thread anyway but I think a "use spoiler tags for other shared universe series till at least the end of the week" policy wouldn't be a crazy request.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You got Buckley's chance buddy.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

howe_sam posted:

Miss Tessmacher cameo, nice.

With approximately more lines and screentime than she's had in Supergirl.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I wasn't a fan of Cisco trying to get at his alternate universe self (doppleganger?). Gross.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I kind of got the impression that she wasn't the only person on her earth with that job and those powers. She wasn't necessarily his doppelganger...

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This has been a v. good year for DC Comics shows. Great ep. last night, Cisco rules.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

hiddenriverninja posted:

I wasn't a fan of Cisco trying to get at his alternate universe self (doppleganger?). Gross.
Yeah she's not his doppelganger, she's just someone with similar powers from the comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Red Dwarf and Sliders already did the "bang your opposite sex doppleganger" plot.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"I'm still a journalist, Barry"

Is she? I mean, was she ever?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

She was a blogger so I guess? I don't think she actually works anymore. She spends more time at the lab than anywhere.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Invalid Validation posted:

She was a blogger so I guess? I don't think she actually works anymore. She spends more time at the lab than anywhere.

She was a Flash blogger, got a job at a paper by virtue of having connections to the Flash, then season 2 happened and dot dot dot, who the gently caress knows what now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe Time Remnant Iris will be from a time when she was an actual reporter?

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
"This story will change peoples lives!"

Really, Iris, the story about how you and Kid Flash stopped an arms dealer instead of the cops who were getting ready to stop him, will change peoples lives? I guess it'll make cheerleaders think your brother is even hotter and your dad is a little less effective at his job, but that is about it.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Barry: "I just wish we knew that we were changing the future."

Did Mister Cisco's Wild Ride from the episode before just suddenly stop working? Seems like it didn't cost anything, so why not just vibe to the future for a status report every day? Seems way better than just guessing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Maybe Time Remnant Iris will be from a time when she was an actual reporter?

Blogger>Reporter>Journalist.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I would like to see an article Ms West...wait it just says Flash Flash Flash Speedforce over and over. I don't think you're a real journalist!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's no Lois Lane

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's too many high profile journalists in comic books at a time when journalism is widely a farce in this country.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"This is Abby Martin and Lois Lananov for RT Superhero fashion watch" "Red Son Superman's new costume is by KseniaSeraya"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when Iris had an editor who hated the Flash?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Remember when Iris had an editor who hated the Flash?

No :colbert:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Rocksicles posted:

Blogger>Reporter>Journalist.

The extremely boring sequel to Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Earth 19 goon spotted.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

But seriously, that episode was:

"I'm your new editor and I hate the Flash!" > J. Zolomon Zoom saves a collapsing building > "I like the Flash now."

Two episodes later:

"Hey, Iris, let's go on a date" > "Well, you're my boss so that seems kinda dodgy but okay" > (at dinner) "I hate the Flash!"

And that was it for that character.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Rocksicles posted:

"This is Abby Martin and Lois Lananov for RT Superhero fashion watch" "Red Son Superman's new costume is by KseniaSeraya"

Her name was Lana Lazarenko :colbert:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I knew i was something like that

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Mortanis posted:

Barry: "I just wish we knew that we were changing the future."

Did Mister Cisco's Wild Ride from the episode before just suddenly stop working? Seems like it didn't cost anything, so why not just vibe to the future for a status report every day? Seems way better than just guessing.

This is the thing I find infuriating about this show, they constantly just forget about stuff. There is no consistency in their world or characters.
This episode was yet again a series of events brought about by characters making dumb choices and resolved by making even dumber ones.

Oh and what was up with the leather boob cones? Is that a thing that is made into real clothes?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Did he say "I wish we knew that we were changing the future?"

I remember the sentiment being more like "I wish I knew which of these decisions I should make to change the future."

Characters seemed conflicted on if they should try to stop Gypsy or let her take HR. They weren't sure which of those things would change the future. Yeah, after they did one or the other they could Vibe forward and check but they wouldn't get a do-over if they found out nothing changed for the better.

Now, if they went through with saving HR and after it was done said the "I wish we knew we were changing the future" line then I missed it and that's a little dumb, yea.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Guy Goodbody posted:

He did a thing where all the characters and the viewer see him as himself but everyone else sees him as the other guy

Bozart posted:

Yeah I can't wait for the writers to forget that when this new lady comes looking for him and isn't like "hmm no wells here!"

So that happened!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Bozart posted:

So that happened!

I recall some throwaway line at some point about how people from HR's earth vibrate at a slightly different "frequency" to people on E1 or something. It might have even been in the explanation for how the face changer tech works. Her being from the same Earth as HR means it wouldn't work on her?

I dunno I'm pulling from half remembered lines here and might be completely off the mark. More likely that they just forgot.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Sorry but how is that effectively different from him hiding in a broom closet? Or just, like, leaving?

If she showed up to STAR labs and didn't find him standing around with that exact group of people, she presumably wouldn't just give up immediately. She probably would have started vibing everyone there to try to figure out what they know and how to track him down.

How does "oh there's some dude here I've never seen, welp that must mean Wells is nowhere" work exactly?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tree Dude posted:

I recall some throwaway line at some point about how people from HR's earth vibrate at a slightly different "frequency" to people on E1 or something. It might have even been in the explanation for how the face changer tech works. Her being from the same Earth as HR means it wouldn't work on her?

I dunno I'm pulling from half remembered lines here and might be completely off the mark. More likely that they just forgot.

I'm pretty sure he talks about using it on his Earth when he explained the device

Guy A. Person posted:

Sorry but how is that effectively different from him hiding in a broom closet? Or just, like, leaving?

If she showed up to STAR labs and didn't find him standing around with that exact group of people, she presumably wouldn't just give up immediately. She probably would have started vibing everyone there to try to figure out what they know and how to track him down.

How does "oh there's some dude here I've never seen, welp that must mean Wells is nowhere" work exactly?

The disguise face he was using was his business partner, so it wouldn't be tough to figure out what was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm pretty sure he talks about using it on his Earth when he explained the device

The disguise face he was using was his business partner, so it wouldn't be tough to figure out what was going on.
Also, Gypsy is a bounty hunter with a perfect record, from the same world where Wells pointed out that face-disguising tech is pretty common. She's going to have some way to counter that, because of course she is.

Also, does Wells keep the disguise on at all times, or just turn it on when he's going to be out in public? It may have just not been on when Gypsy arrived, probably plugged into a charger for when it is needed.

• Locked thread