Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

They visit Beru and Owen but Luke is like Maris Crane, or Mrs Columbo, he's frequently mentioned but never seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brian Blessed is a mad bastard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTJ3DSNP6Dg

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I don't think that's ever been in doubt.

He's still an amazing human being though.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 29, 2017

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
His biography makes a great listen, because he reads it himself and his emotions come through the whole time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I'm pretty sure that polar bear ran home and said "Guys, I just got punched by Brian Blessed!"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I have no idea why I'm sharing this fanart on this thread, but I was in an unpleasant mood until I spent 20 minutes laughing at the dumbest loving visual pun I've ever seen:

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

I'm holding out the tiniest of hopes that they did this in order to fully capitalize on The Last Jedi hype leading up to and continuing from a surprise teaser reveal at or around the time of the Super Bowl.

Because otherwise, yeah, this blows.

I think it's more that they wanted to capitalize on Rogue One by putting out the Saw episodes soon after the movie. Otherwise the midseason break would've incorporated this extra month.

I think it's most likely that the Ep 8 trailer will hit within a week of the R1 blu ray release, same as the R1 trailer did after the Force Awakens home release.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

DarklyDreaming posted:

I have no idea why I'm sharing this fanart on this thread, but I was in an unpleasant mood until I spent 20 minutes laughing at the dumbest loving visual pun I've ever seen:

Because it loving owns? Also I saw the Black Series Sabine in a nerd shop. I wasn't paying 30 bucks for it so no strong opinions until I see it at not inflated prices. :doom:

Vvvvv. In US Dollars? Like 13-22 in most chain retailers. Vvvv

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 1, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Most Black Series retail for like 35-40 bux, or do you mean the 3.5" ones?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
All the black series figures I've bought were 19.99 USD.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

cptn_dr posted:

More like the lack of exposure, heyooo

...I'm so glad you can buy Rey toys now.
Pulling from a few pages back, I must say I'm disappointed about how little Chopper merchandise there is/has been.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Lorak posted:

Pulling from a few pages back, I must say I'm disappointed about how little Chopper merchandise there is/has been.

There is a Pop but... I dunno I don't care for them really. Outside of my Sharknado because it's a cartoon shark in a translucent tornado anyhow..,

At least Imperial Assault has him and Hera in a little pack. Just add paint! :neckbeard:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pops Mgee posted:

All the black series figures I've bought were 19.99 USD.

30 Canadian, so yea 20 American.

You know who would be cool to see in Rebels? Doctor Alphra. She's awesome in the comics and is the first new comics character to get their own comic.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's a Chopper alarm clock, a plush Chopper, a Hallmark Xmas tree decoration, a lovely Hot Wheels toy ....
There's merch out there, I think it's just hard to find.

If you've got access to a colour printer you could always make your own!

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Or go to Disney World and spend $500 on a Rebels room decoration package and secret mission if you want to go super hardcore.

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/product/star-wars-rebels-interactive-adventure.do

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

J33uk posted:

Or go to Disney World and spend $500 on a Rebels room decoration package and secret mission if you want to go super hardcore.

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/product/star-wars-rebels-interactive-adventure.do

This sounds amazing. Thinking back to when I was ten, if one of the properties I was into had this and my parents had done it? I would have been over the loving moon.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Test Pattern posted:

This sounds amazing. Thinking back to when I was ten, if one of the properties I was into had this and my parents had done it? I would have been over the loving moon.

Man, I would have eaten a bucket of bugs when I was 10 for something like this.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'm giggling like an idiot now. Thank you.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

English titles and German descriptions of the last 5 episodes of the season; Google-translate at your own peril!

Interesting that they appear to be getting Maul/Kenobi out of the way relatively early on; I was fairly confident that it'd serve as more of an epilogue to this season. Both options are still tertiary in a narrative sense, I suppose.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 8, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man Black Series Sabine is 50bux, which is still cheaper than Revan at 60. God I hate action figure speculation

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Some of the Season 3 music has been popping up on YouTube and I gotta say, Kevin Kiner is absolutely crushing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMLUYR81wns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OGix6gtObE

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I remember watching the season 2 episode where Hera tests out the B-wing and being flabbergasted that the music during the flight scene was just blatantly cribbed from The Rocketeer. Like, shamefully so. Then I did a bit of research and realized that Joe Johnston, the director of The Rocketeer, also worked as an effects artist on Return of the Jedi. He designed the B-wing. That's some quality referencing.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

I remember watching the season 2 episode where Hera tests out the B-wing and being flabbergasted that the music during the flight scene was just blatantly cribbed from The Rocketeer. Like, shamefully so. Then I did a bit of research and realized that Joe Johnston, the director of The Rocketeer, also worked as an effects artist on Return of the Jedi. He designed the B-wing. That's some quality referencing.
I never made that connection! Johnston also famously designed Boba Fett's armor for ESB.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Phylodox posted:

Holy poo poo :eyepop:

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Phylodox posted:

:aaaaa:

Really good catch there!

I didn't remember that scene offhand, so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NELo74udR7A

And for anyone not familiar with music from The Rocketeer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zixwu-4f8ZI

:aaaaa:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
And here are the two on Youtube doubler with the most blatant part cued up:

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...orName=Phylodox

It really is shameless. A shameless tribute, though.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I mean Disney's got the rights to both, might as well.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Finally, a light at the end of this hiatus-filled tunnel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut6yrlvDSvo

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Boy you'd be paying a lot in electricity bills to heat that Bauhaus style mansion with all that glass on a snow planet. What was her mum thinking?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Geothermal vents. It's always geothermal vents.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Got around to watching the last two episodes of this children's show and thought it was cool that they used Ralph McQuarrie's concept of 3P0 for the infiltration droid in "Warhead".

Also that Sabine training episode was surprisingly awesome.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

One area where Rebels tops Clone Wars for me is the music. Kevin Kiner has composed for both shows, but the music in Clone Wars often feels like ever-present wallpaper, whereas I think it's used more sparingly and artfully in Rebels.

I also think Kiner is allowed to stretch his legs more in Rebels. Everybody loves the star cluster music, and the Ahsoka vs. Vader theme is great too. Plus the Kanan/Sabine training theme! Can't wait to see what he comes up with for Maul vs. Obi-Wan.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Just noticed the wings Sabine painted on her now purple jetpack :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cross-Section posted:

Finally, a light at the end of this hiatus-filled tunnel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut6yrlvDSvo

:neckbeard: That gave me goosebumps.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DancinBrud posted:

One area where Rebels tops Clone Wars for me is the music. Kevin Kiner has composed for both shows, but the music in Clone Wars often feels like ever-present wallpaper, whereas I think it's used more sparingly and artfully in Rebels.

I also think Kiner is allowed to stretch his legs more in Rebels. Everybody loves the star cluster music, and the Ahsoka vs. Vader theme is great too. Plus the Kanan/Sabine training theme! Can't wait to see what he comes up with for Maul vs. Obi-Wan.

I really like the track that plays briefly when it's Maul, Ahsoka and Kanan vs. the three inquisitors.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I like the brief, twisted and sad rendition of Satine and Obi Wan's theme when Ezra is looking at her scratched out portrait on Dathomir

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That opening shot on that planet, god drat. I didn't realize it was animation for a split second, it was so good.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

VaultAggie posted:

That opening shot on that planet, god drat. I didn't realize it was animation for a split second, it was so good.

Same. I missed the opening Lucasfilm logo so I thought it was some kind of ad.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I like Sabine's mom says to put her in a cell and Sabine pulls a weapon and the other Mandalorians are like "no...stop...:effort:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah, but thats not any weapon, its Mandalorian Excalibur.

• Locked thread