Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Hmm pay sack of poo poo Hawes 6 million next year or pay can't even play garbage time Plumlee over the next three years into his 30s for almost 40 million...

Even better if Hawes opts out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kenosha Kid
Sep 15, 2007

You never did.
Is Hawes locker room cancer or something? Even if he never plays a minute the Bucks come out ahead in my eyes.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I disagree because Charlotte is getting a Plumlee

That makes it a win for Milwaukee

Spencer Hawes is the alt-right Plumlee

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's a fascist in other words.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Which Plumlee is this and who does Hawes even play for now? I can't even objectively critique this trade given ignorance and inability to discern Plumlees.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The Kenosha Kid posted:

Is Hawes locker room cancer or something? Even if he never plays a minute the Bucks come out ahead in my eyes.

The man proudly bragged that he uses toilet paper with Obama's picture on it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spencer Hawes is basically a Young College Republican who thinks he's still in school

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think it's smart that a team with too many centers is increasing their number of centers. Soon they will be starting four 6'11" guys and Jabari. It will be unstoppable.

Real talk the only positive thing I can see about this is at least Hawes can space the floor? But they're also dumping Novak who exists only for that purpose (but never plays)

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think it's smart that a team with too many centers is increasing their number of centers. Soon they will be starting four 6'11" guys and Jabari. It will be unstoppable.

Real talk the only positive thing I can see about this is at least Hawes can space the floor? But they're also dumping Novak who exists only for that purpose (but never plays)

They are shopping Henson and or Monroe as well. Henson has regressed physically somehow and I thought untradeable but I never dreamed they could have escaped Plumlee contract so lightly.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hawes will def opt out to try and get long term money

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
How's Monroe defensively? Portland's got a Plumlee if they need to replace the one they got rid of

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hand Row posted:

They are shopping Henson and or Monroe as well. Henson has regressed physically somehow and I thought untradeable but I never dreamed they could have escaped Plumlee contract so lightly.

Haven't they been shopping Monroe since like the last trade deadline? Seems like there's no market for him at all.

Also why did Hibbert's career crater after his second All-Star season? He just turned 30.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 2, 2017

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

zelah posted:

How's Monroe defensively? Portland's got a Plumlee if they need to replace the one they got rid of

Not good but he lost weight and seems more committed. He is ground bound and not a rim protector. Portland would not be a good fit.

The Bucks could have moved Monroe already but they want a semblence of a return rather than a dump.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Haven't they been shopping Monroe since like the last trade deadline? Seems like there's no market for him at all.

Also why did Hibbert's career crater after his second All-Star season? He just turned 30.

VERTICALITY is now called different or something. Also he Shook

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Hibbert's knees are shot to hell.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Imagine getting rid of Psycho T only to replace him with the first available Plumlee.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Can someone please trade for Bogut already?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Can someone please trade for Bogut already?

who the hell would want him?

The only team that comes to mind that could use him is...

...Golden state.

My god.

e: before anyone posts it; i know that the Warriors cannot trade for bogut.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 2, 2017

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'm a Portland fan and I still can't keep track of which Plumlee we have out of context.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Papercut posted:

I'm a Portland fan and I still can't keep track of which Plumlee we have out of context.

If his name was Mikolas Plumis people would love him

The plumlee name drags him down

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I love Mason :colbert:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Watch Steph turn Marvin Williams into Jackie Kennedy:

https://twitter.com/warriors/status/827011363360825345

The best part is the baseline bench's reaction.

streamable: http://streamable.com/jgkge

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
biggest snub? nikola jokic :colbert:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Portland Plumlee is a pretty decent post passer, that's all I know about any of the Plumlees.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The very early rumblings of a Mavs trade. https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/827263134989586432

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Spencer Hawes is basically a Young College Republican who thinks he's still in school

He's trash but he was still a much better option than Hibbert. I'm happy to be done with both of them tbh, miles is the lesser professional plumlee but I'm hoping he can give us maybe 15 minutes of mediocre ball a night. Why did the Bucks do this deal anyway? For us it gets rid of some dead weight and opens a spot for perhaps another move, what do the bucks get out of Hawes and Hibbert?

E: drat I saw his contract, whew. Whatever, people will call it a bad trade for us but I don't have to think about Hawes's greasy face or lovely politics, and I don't have to watch Roy Hibbert struggle to move his wooden legs up the floor. I'm good with this for now.

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 2, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Deron for Chris Andersons corpse and a second

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

boxcarhobo posted:

He's trash but he was still a much better option than Hibbert. I'm happy to be done with both of them tbh, miles is the lesser professional plumlee but I'm hoping he can give us maybe 15 minutes of mediocre ball a night. Why did the Bucks do this deal anyway? For us it gets rid of some dead weight and opens a spot for perhaps another move, what do the bucks get out of Hawes and Hibbert?

Jason Kidd has the same basketball philosophy as Byron Scott.

Speaking of, this Magic thing could be the true beginning of the end for the Lakers if he ends up actually having influence. But the thought is he's too busy to actually do anything and this is just a move to keep the Byron Scott Lover wolves away from the door while the Lakers rebuild using their actual basketball minds to do so.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

zelah posted:

I love Mason :colbert:

Yeah Mason is pretty good. He's not a great fit for Portland right now, but he's pretty good in his own right.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Let's talk about New York basketball
https://www.instagram.com/p/BP_njzxjbj7/

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Deron for Chris Andersons corpse and a second

I solved a problem for 4 teams. (Cavs would need to make another trade after this to fix their defense.)
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h6rt7ej

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

He's a bitch-made shook pussy. Don't let him fool you with his MMA training.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I disagree because Charlotte is getting a Plumlee

That makes it a win for Milwaukee

Getting rid of a Plumlee is always a win. Charlotte should be the Plumlee ghetto. Silver should make them take every Plumlee and not let them travel to away games.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The man proudly bragged that he uses toilet paper with Obama's picture on it.
I bet Lebron identifies as "socially liberal, fiscally conservative"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Hawes is a center who shoots threes and a Seattle native with a manbun who votes Republican. He is a man of many contradictions.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/therealjrsmith/status/827135854464364544

:)

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Love that Earl's pic is him wearing a shirt with michelle

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

pubic works project posted:

He's a bitch-made shook pussy. Don't let him fool you with his MMA training.

enough about the golden state warriors, what about the plumlees

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Spencer Hawes may be an idiot fuckhole but I don't think I've heard any problems about him as a teammate??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Young Nick's after school tv schedule was Wishbone ➡️ DBZ

• Locked thread