Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

look to your left, now to your right

one of the three of you is hitler

Comptroll The Forums posted:

probably the guy on the far right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only person the Democratic party has taken a firm stand against and really united to stop is Bernie Sanders.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Wow

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:vince:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
*strokes chin* yes... Hitler was right.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

he gets the things he wants, she gets to do the things he wants her to

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

:v: I don't know how she can be so upset, she has the one thing every girl wants: a husband with a really expensive car
:j: actually i
:v: neoooooowwrrrrr vrooooooooom beep beep

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

She's British though. They do all kinds of weird poo poo like drive on the wrong side of the road and need keys to leave their homes.

dogstile posted:

gently caress off mate, its the right side of the road.

Saint Freak posted:

It's literally not

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

Chad's origins were humble, but consistent with his future character.

The legend of Chad rings with early conquests.

But beware the false Chad, who may use the name Chad to his own false purposes.

The only Chad I've ever known slept next to a full length mirror every night and once responded to a friend lamenting to him about her depression with "you're doable."

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

The only Chad I've ever known slept next to a full length mirror every night and once responded to a friend lamenting to him about her depression with "you're doable."

If you're friends with Rob Gronkowski can you get me an autograph

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

If you're friends with Rob Gronkowski can you get me an autograph

Imagine if Rob Gronkowski was a foot shorter with no muscle, athletic ability or charm, and joined a frat in which everyone immediately regretted letting him in. Throw in being from a terrible suburban Ohio town and you have something resembling this person.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

To be fair, when I'm feel down I'd like a little confidence boost like that

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Ride The Gravitron posted:

To be fair, when I'm feel down I'd like a little confidence boost like that

post your pic

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hogge Wild posted:

post your pic

You have to mean it or it dosent count.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Citizen Tayne posted:

I had to fart so I went to grab my cat and fart on him and instead I poo poo my pants. Sounds like the cat won.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

rubber cat posted:

WHEN DID THIS...

Let's Intellectualize Rap! [56K no]

...BECOME THIS?

Let's Threaten And Harass The Disabled

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

fruit on the bottom posted:

It's literally a hormone thing, and a teenager's body is like a Geiger counter that never stops screaming.

Mirthless posted:

what it's detecting is sex, and it's nearly always wrong

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

no they will not posted:

Oh Long Johnson posted:

remember back when grey forums had threads about like legos and nerf guns. things were simpler...

If there was a lego thread in GBS today it would be oriented entirely around finding duplo users and shining a laser pointer in their eyes while they were driving

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

who does goons_txt? that's a great one for them

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

My folks live on a farm and my mom likes taking old breads and scattering them near our treeline for the flock of pheasants that live out there. One day she tore up some old waffles and tossed them along the treeline. When she got back to the house, she looked out the window to see some stray orange cat eating all the waffles. She felt bad that the cat was obviously starving if it was eating old waffles, so she started leaving cat food out for it. On a summer day when she had her screen door open, it ventured into the house and turned out to be very friendly. She took him to the vet and got him checked out, fed him a healthy diet and named him Boxcar Whistles, the hobo cat.
So around three months after this, she goes out and scatters old waffles along the treeline. She gets back to the house and looks out the window. Boxcar's eating the waffles.
He just really likes waffles.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Like anything else you're not supposed to eat, you can find videos of people trying to eat it on the youtubes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwnXNU8Xew

Yup, checks out.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm a sucker for post-username combos

Buzkashi posted:

Time isn't real

Time posted:

Yes I am bitch

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

YeahTubaMike posted:

:same:, :yeah::toot:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Khazar-khum posted:

The Dr told my mother she had uterine cancer. She was 40, only had 1 other kid 14 years earlier, so that was plausible. She insisted on a pregnancy test. Turned out she was pregnant with me. I guess the cancer diagnosis was correct.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

YeahTubaMike posted:

Who's the guy that always does this whenever someone mentions centipedes or milipedes or whatever?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Huge loving milliped guy.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Baron von Eevl posted:

Who's the guy that always does this whenever someone mentions centipedes or milipedes or whatever?

Huh?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

So do you have some sort of hourly search set up or what?

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

VanSandman posted:

So do you have some sort of hourly search set up or what?

No it just seems to happen a lot in the threads I read

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Big Centipede posted:

No it just seems to happen a lot in the threads I read

There is an anomalously large overlap between threads that set up username combos and threads that concern chilopoda.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

InequalityGodzilla posted:

There is an anomalously large overlap between threads that set up username combos and threads that concern chilopoda.

Just lucky I guess

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ungulateman posted:

what do you guys think will be the biggest obstacle to people coming around on the prequels, the mediocre acting (like in the OT) or the dated special effects (like in the OT)

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Liberal ideology.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Lol

Day later edit:

Blitz7x posted:

"they expect one of us in the wreckage, brother" I mutter quietly as I yank the wheel 180 degrees to the right and hopefully into Tom Bradys seat because I bet he sits in the back of the bus

Chichevache has a new favorite as of 17:55 on Feb 3, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dog_Meat posted:

I've got a friend who is just getting into 40k and he keeps calling me to say "am I reading this right?". He's also loving the absurdness and macabre insanity of it.

I've realised that after 25 years I'm kind of used to accepting that criminals, heretics and political opponents are broken down to become lobotomized automatons to do basic tasks because there was a galaxy spanning Terminator style war that nearly wiped out humanity (mere footnote in WH40k), dead babies are turned into flying cybernetic cherubs to swing incense around 12 foot tall genetically engineered super soldier religious zealots, entire worlds are turned into grinding, manufacturing hell-holes to create ammunition for wars that have been raging for 20,000 years, tens of thousands of children are snatched from their families to be fed into a machine that may or may not be sustaining a giant corpse that is responsible for keeping mankind from being killed/eaten/raped for one more day and battles that make the Somme look like a paintball game are mere skirmishes as the entire galaxy teeters on the brink of being overrun by marauding green fungus based orcs, swarms of horrific bugs that will literally strip planets like locusts, souless robotic zombies, advanced anime mecha-ripoffs, actual gods and the very real possibility that at any moment half the sector could be dragged into literal hell because that corpse on a giant throne being fed 10,000 souls a day is the only thing holding a dimension crossing black hole shut and untold billions of people are being systematically oppressed because if they were allowed free thought they can actually make things worse.

And these are the good guys. The brainwashed, blinkered, fanatical preachers singing hymns in the gigantic gothic cathedral built on the shoulders of a 100ft tall walking war machine laying waste to cities below are the reason why mankind isn't extinct yet. Sure, it might LOOK like the Spanish inquisition sent hundreds of inhuman armour plated killing machines to go full Rape of Nanking on a city the size of a continent wiping out more women and children than are currently living on earth, but they probably just stopped an infestation of giant space locusts or the birth of a new god or some poo poo.

None of that warp drive bollocks in this world. Hell no. Here we breed mutants with a freaky eye in their forehead because we don't do anything of that faster than light poo poo - we rip a hole in the fabric of the universe, fly our space monasteries into the hole and get the screaming three eyed guy to tell us when to turn so we don't fly into the teeth of a gigantic hell-demon or take a wrong turn 5000 years into the past and wind up with tentacles for eyes. And when we come out the other end with half our forces either lost, insane or 10 years behind us we don't do any of that air support poo poo. We rev up our swords with built in chainsaws, recite prayers to our guns, strap ourselves into a free-falling diving bell and hurl ourselves to the surface with the intention of ruining the poo poo of everyone and everything regardless of if it's human or not.

God, I love 40k...

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
grimdark.txt

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

KM Scorchio posted:

grimdark.txt

It's pretty much that weird pig torture/veganism diatribe that gets posted itt once in a while, but as a strategic wargame instead.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

KM Scorchio posted:

grimdark.txt

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The whole setting started when people complained that the fairly grim and dark Warhammer Fantasy setting wasn't grim and dark enough, and the authors reacted with a "You want grim and dark? Here's your loving grim and dark. Have ALL of it." and made Warhammer 40k to mock that poo poo. The setting included grim, dark and gritty figures like Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock Clousseau, annihilator of planets, and neckbeard extraordinaire, just in case the point wasn't already being made clearly enough. And the constant ridicule was, ironically, exactly the right thing to do with such a setting, and resulted in something unironically good. Unfortunately, being good made it popular, and being popular made it start taking itself seriously, and, well, here we are now. :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Powaqoatse posted:

It's pretty much that weird pig torture/veganism diatribe that gets posted itt once in a while, but as a strategic wargame instead.

Combine the two. PETA just did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Powaqoatse posted:

Pig vegan what now?