Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's clever is what it is, if I'm reading this right in theory if Liberty and the teams work together to increase the value of the sport and Liberty sell, then the teams get a pay out. If they don't sign the concord agreement in 2020 and the share price tanks then the teams are out of a lot of money. Pocket change to the rich teams but potentially crippling to a team like Sauber and Force India.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Norns posted:

Hey for real. Anyone know where El Hefe has been?

Hit and run by pasta maldonado. Possibly drunk and distraught from not getting a seat.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

#toutavecelhefe

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
The terrible situation in Venezuela has robbed us from the work of two maestros of their craft: Pastor, at driving and El Hefe, at posting. How much longer will the European Union allow this situation to go on?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
#keepfightinghefe

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
summons hefe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQGNH8cLZ3Y

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Go to 10:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7DxwiXhmrs

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
#forzahefe

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Tied with the SpeedTV "El Lobo" promo for greatest f1 video of all time, i say.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Daniel Ricciardo was on the Grand Tour. RIP.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
By the way, Formula One, the entire 24 hours of Daytona is available on the IMSA youtube channel. Just a basis for comparison, you know, if you actually want people watching your races. Or maybe it's not a basis for comparison because there was actually some racing going during the Daytona 24.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The 24 Hours of Daytona is the best race in the world, FYI.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

keevo posted:

Daniel Ricciardo was on the Grand Tour. RIP.

Should I download the episode or was it just that dumbass segment where they announce a guest then the guest dies? Holy poo poo the studio segments are bad.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

It is a good race this is true.

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

12 hours of Bathurst is also this weekend.

Cars a-plenty

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
#imwithhefe

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Sorry we lost EL HEFE, the worst thread poster.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

This years race was nuts, down to the last few laps in multiple classes after 24 hours. That's what the gently caress is up. :flashfap:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

dentist toy box posted:

Sorry we lost EL HEFE, the worst thread poster.

:golfclap:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The Worsetest Poster.

Truly the patron saint of this thread.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

dentist toy box posted:

Sorry we lost EL HEFE, worst poster the thread.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
RIP In Peace El Hefe.

Perhaps he was killed fighting against Trump's Mexican wall?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
is Venezuela in the good part of mexico or the lovely part of mexico

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Dubs posted:

is Venezuela in the good part of mexico or the lovely part of mexico

Is the lovely part where Pablo Escobar lived? If so, I think Venezuela is the good part, it's near Jurassic Park.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:stare:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

lotharr posted:

12 hours of Bathurst is also this weekend.

Cars a-plenty

Also streamed widely for us international bogans - take note Liberty.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Daytona was rad this year, almost as good as last year's Corvette finish.

Fully excited for Bathurst this weekend.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

News: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-drops-mp4-from-new-f1-car-name-870888/
Views: https://theoutline.com/post/981/new-trends-in-getting-mad-online

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
#seguirluchandohefe

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Personally I think they should focus a little less on loving about with the paint and name changes, and perhaps channel that energy towards making the loving car competitive.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Blasphemy. Ron must be spinning in his grave.

Or as he would say "undertaking a 360 degree rotation on the x-axis in a subterranean workspace"

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Brainwrong posted:

Blasphemy. Ron must be spinning in his grave.

Or as he would say "undertaking a 360 degree rotation on the x-axis in a subterranean workspace"

I said this before but im glad they are going this. "MP4" if you dont know, is from Ron's previous team "Project 4" merging with the failing mclaren racing from the 60s. Without ron, it 'aint project 4.

Should be something like "M17" or something like that.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I said this before but im glad they are going this. "MP4" if you dont know, is from Ron's previous team "Project 4" merging with the failing mclaren racing from the 60s. Without ron, it 'aint project 4.

That's a good point. Still, seems wrong though. They have always been MP4 xxxx since I was a kid

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Which is fine except they're retaining the number. The company is obsessed with retaining its "heritage" but wants to scrub the image of Ron from everything and it strikes me as a massive waste of resources. If they want a fresh start call it the MCL-1 and paint it something other than orange.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127983/massa-jaguar-fe-test-completely-different

Massa drove a Jaguar Formula E car, says of experience "haha wierd but good. why not". Also

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

What the gently caress was THAT?

I went to 10:43 in this video first, and saw good guys Nando and Kimi hoisting that public menace up for his win, and was moved by Nando's genuine happiness for the guy. Then I saw they were different and was so confused by whatever "Makia Racing" was trying to sell with that kidnapping/BDSM/sex torture commercial. :stare:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Which is fine except they're retaining the number. The company is obsessed with retaining its "heritage" but wants to scrub the image of Ron from everything and it strikes me as a massive waste of resources. If they want a fresh start call it the MCL-1 and paint it something other than orange.

They should have just continued with the pre-1981 naming system. Which might have been confusing because this car would be the "M31".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

McLaren existed before Ronny appeared. As did the Papaya Orange colours.

• Locked thread