Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

Apparently our recruiting class wasn't very good. But I don't follow that stuff all that closely, so I'll just assume it will turn out fine and Coach Weirdo will figure it all out in the end.

We should have enough talent on hand already if Herman's as good as people seem to think, and next year's class will tell us if Herman is a good recruiter. Transition classes tend to be lackluster and this was always going to be a small class anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Art Briles dropped his lawsuit against Baylor.

quote:

“I’m sorry we didn’t get this resolved for all the Baylor people, so they could know the truth,” Briles’ attorney, Ernest Cannon of Stephenville, said Wednesday.

“A man can only carry so much.”

“They overloaded him in an endless supply of money, lawyers, resources, and no restraints on anything they’ll do to achieve their goals,” Cannon said.

“Art wants some peace in his life for him and his family, and to put as much distance between him and his family and Baylor as he can, and I wholeheartedly agree with him.”

:laffo: get hosed forever, art

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DJExile posted:

But also get hosed Baylor?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

But also get hosed Baylor?

oh no question, but trying to play this "Art's the REAL victim here..." card is just astounding

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/sheadixon/status/826869231853641732

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Is that more than usual for Coach O

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

hahaha that's what i wondered too

Also yo Scarf and you other clemson folks: be good to my tiny cousin Noah Dehond. He's pumped as hell about signing there.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
No he's saying he was so busy recruiting that he ONLY ate 19 gumbos in one week

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

There was another development today in the effort to unionize football players at Northwestern. Here's the link, I hesitate to even attempt a summary given how complicated this is -- in short it appears to be a minor ruling in the players' favor but of uncertain importance or permanence.

Yet another reason Northwestern may not achieve their goal of winning the Big 10 in 2017.

I am a lawyer but not a labor lawyer. My tl;dr on this is that the general counsel of the National Labor Relations Board considers those players to be employees under only one section of the law, which controls the right to attempt to organize a union without retaliation. This is now the NLRB position, which certainly will be challenged in court.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kobe Buffalomeat will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Juan Jennings, WR at UT got popped for weed the other day. He was cited for misdemeanor drug possession. Butch hasn't given much, just said they're handling internally but I'm guessing he'll get suspended for a couple games.

This is the guy that caught the hail mary pass in the UGA game.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh, and speaking of parity (delayed from my comment last page), did anyone notice that for the first time since 2004 (and 2nd time since 2000) that the D3 championship this year did NOT have Mount Union (or UW-Whitewater for that matter) in it? :newlol:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

iospace posted:

Oh, and speaking of parity (delayed from my comment last page), did anyone notice that for the first time since 2004 (and 2nd time since 2000) that the D3 championship this year did NOT have Mount Union (or UW-Whitewater for that matter) in it? :newlol:

I got a job at UW-Oshkosh starting next year and it appears they've got a pretty good DIII team :smugdog:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Butch jones is loving trash

quote:

"5-star recruits? We look for guys with 5-star HEARTS!"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Clear eyes, five star hearts, can lose several conference games

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Joey Freshwater posted:

Juan Jennings, WR at UT got popped for weed the other day. He was cited for misdemeanor drug possession. Butch hasn't given much, just said they're handling internally but I'm guessing he'll get suspended for a couple games.

This is the guy that caught the hail mary pass in the UGA game.

He's a dawwwwwwwg and he better be blowing that loud

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

FizFashizzle posted:

This is right up there with 19 Of Our Signees Were High School Captains!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mike_V posted:

I got a job at UW-Oshkosh starting next year and it appears they've got a pretty good DIII team :smugdog:

All the UW schools are nuts. And good.

Except Parkside.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

And Tom Herman is taking his advice!

https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/826886214716387328

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Real Name Grover posted:

lol

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Tom Herman likes to rip out hearts and eat them.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Okay now all the sudden I want to be a football recruiter in Louisiana which is not a thing I thought about myself mere seconds ago

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

drat, college physicals are getting seriously invasive.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the words "nineteen gumbos" are incredibly funny, orgeron is a loving treasure

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Phone posting, but TMZ posted texts it says were from Briles discovered in another lawsuit. Mostly assistants telling him how they leaned on crime victims and him being relieved when crimes weren't going public.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yea, the word is he and assistants worked to bury the crimes as much as they could.

It's a slam dunk LOIC case. If it's even half true the NCAA should hit them into the Stone Age for it. Briles should be show-caused right back to high school football.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Crotch Bat posted:

Yea, the word is he and assistants worked to bury the crimes as much as they could.

It's a slam dunk LOIC case. If it's even half true the NCAA should hit them into the Stone Age for it. Briles should be show-caused right back to high school football.

Or uga next season after Kirby smart gets poo poo canned

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Coach O sounds like what a football coach should sound like.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

DJExile posted:

WACO, Texas

A new court filing detailed allegations that former Baylor University football coach Art Briles ignored sexual assaults by players, failed to alert university officials or discipline athletes and allowed them to continue playing.

The filing is in response to a lawsuit against Baylor and several officials including interim President David Garland by former assistant athletic director Colin Shillinglaw, who said he was falsely accused of mishandling several incidents.

It said that in one case a masseuse asked the team to discipline a player who reportedly exposed himself in 2013. The court filing said Briles texted an assistant coach: "What kind of discipline... She a stripper?"

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article130482104.html

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

If they didn't nail UNC, or when Baylor basketball covered up a murder, I have a hard time believing they'll actually hit Baylor the way they should.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

single-mode fiber posted:

If they didn't nail UNC, or when Baylor basketball covered up a murder, I have a hard time believing they'll actually hit Baylor the way they should.

They hit Baylor pretty hard for the murder coverup didn't they? Looking it up Baylor wasn't allowed to play out of conference games the next year, which is kind of a half death penalty I guess? A bunch of other things like recruiting visits being cut for years, also three coaches with 22 years worth of show causes, although that doesn't really hurt the program directly. Whatever happened they were godawful for four years after that, they really just lucked into Scott Drew and him sticking around through that.

I think that case was when everyone realized the death penalty would never happen again to a major program though.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

There were several reports of gang rapes involving football players during Briles' tenure. In one alleged incident in 2013, the victim was a Baylor athlete. According to the filing, the woman's coach went to Briles and showed him a list of players the victim had identified.

"These are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?" Briles is quoted in the filing as saying.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

:stare: gently caress off forever from football, Art

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Jesus loving Christ. I am seriously upset that Herman brought in a dude who was in the middle of that cesspool for like 7 years and publicly defended Briles after everything came out. How bad do we need QC assistants that we had to give that loving guy a job. I swear that's two and a half strikes he's got with me before we've seen so much as a spring game. Like, Tom, buddy, we didn't fire Charlie Strong for NOT being a huge rape-enabling piece of poo poo. We liked that part. A lot. Maybe try to not lose all the football games and also not bring the scum of the motherfucking earth into our program?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Crotch Bat posted:

:stare: gently caress off forever from football, Art

https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/827340229791117312

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

There's no reason whatsoever that Baylor should field a football program for a decade and there's no reason Art Briles and his assistants should ever be allowed to coach the sport at any level.

I can't imagine what he said when he heard about the sexual assaults but I'm sure it'll make my skin crawl.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

There's no reason whatsoever that Baylor should field a football program for a decade and there's no reason Art Briles and his assistants should ever be allowed to coach the sport at any level.

I can't imagine what he said when he heard about the sexual assaults but I'm sure it'll make my skin crawl.

Yeah, I don't think it's an overreaction to say Baylor shouldn't be allowed to have football for a while. I'm sure it won't happen, though.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

And what great timing for right after NSD, too!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DJExile posted:

hahaha that's what i wondered too

Also yo Scarf and you other clemson folks: be good to my tiny cousin Noah Dehond. He's pumped as hell about signing there.

That's awesome! He'll love it, it's a pretty awesome place. I can't even imagine the thrill of playing there.

Also, how does he feel about public baptisms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Chieves posted:

And what great timing for right after NSD, too!

I'm assuming the NCAA would let players transfer without penalty ala Penn State, but yeah, just another layer of icing on the poo poo cake.

• Locked thread