Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sic Semper Goon posted:

He's trying to be all inclusive and tolerant towards his victims. Imagine the hours of paperwork with HR trying to explain that you considered a homosexual not worthy of being killed, when you admit that you would kill a straight wife/husband!

I appreciate a more open minded antagonist, but someone did not pay attention in their core lessons at school. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

I said it before but man oh man in Resident Evil 7: The Molded loving suck hardcore and stop the game dead in it's tracks. The game goes from an amazing spooky haunted house, to a shooting gallery with enemies that ruin you incredibly fast and just loving gobble up every last shred of ammo you have. Two or three are okay, but there are way way WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many of them.

I went into the basement with 5 shotgun shells, 28 pistol bullets and 10 special pistol bullets and STILL had to resort to my knife to kill the last two. What a loving awful idea

Edit: Also one for Fallout 4

So I'm being chased by some dudes WAY WAY over my level, whatever, I run into another building. Oh cool, so it's a small room and the enemy warped in there with me! Oh rad! Now I'm being killed literally the second I load back in. What an awesome and well put together game!

The boiler room is filled with big-armed zombies (the game's crimson heads) as a tutorial to the player that sometimes running is a better idea than fighting. If you skip them they won't be there when you're done with the following rooms.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Convex posted:

The thing dragging Far Cry 4 down for me is I spent dozens of hours on FC3 and it just feels like the same thing again but somehow much less interesting. I hope FC5 goes back to the tropical island holiday type environment.

They would never do this in a million years but I hope the next Far Cry is set in the Hollers of Kentucky or the Appalachian mountains in Virginia. Really any run down white trash spot in America. You play a Sociology PHD candidate studying the declining birth rate or someone trying to set up a free needle exchange clinic when you get kidnapped by a bunch of neo nazis and alt-righters, and you have to fight your way out. "The Resistance" could be a Planned Parenthood or a bunch of middle school science teachers trying to teach evolution. Instead of blowing up weed plantations you burn down fentanyl pill mills and all the outposts are neo nazi compounds. It would finally make sense for some random wandering merchant to have an RPG, a g-36 and thousands of rounds of 7.62mm ammunition. Think of all the factions you could fight. The KKK, neo-nazi's , college republicans and dudes taking over a bird refuge because Obama.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Please never have ideas again

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I do kind of feel like Far Cry 3 set itself up for some kind of parody. Just... probably not that one.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

They would never do this in a million years but I hope the next Far Cry is set in the Hollers of Kentucky or the Appalachian mountains in Virginia. Really any run down white trash spot in America. You play a Sociology PHD candidate studying the declining birth rate or someone trying to set up a free needle exchange clinic when you get kidnapped by a bunch of neo nazis and alt-righters, and you have to fight your way out. "The Resistance" could be a Planned Parenthood or a bunch of middle school science teachers trying to teach evolution. Instead of blowing up weed plantations you burn down fentanyl pill mills and all the outposts are neo nazi compounds. It would finally make sense for some random wandering merchant to have an RPG, a g-36 and thousands of rounds of 7.62mm ammunition. Think of all the factions you could fight. The KKK, neo-nazi's , college republicans and dudes taking over a bird refuge because Obama.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Normie: Far Cry 4 didn't seem like a big enough step forward from 3, you know?

PYF guy: agreed my man. I fantasise about blowing up hundreds of poors and teenagers with machine guns and bazookas to punish them for their political opinions. peace

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I would actually play the poo poo out of that. There's a level in nu Hitman you might appreciate where you are taking out some hick militia people in the middle of nowhere america.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Politicizing it like that is, hmm, really tasteless and the worst idea ever.

However, pseudo-Appalachia or some other super rural American place would be a really distinct flavor for Far Cry.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i just want a far cry game with a skip cutscene button

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

i just want a far cry game with a skip cutscene button

Have a skip cutscene button but it still has QTEs so you skip the cutscene just for it to cut to the QTE part and you fail.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Someone contact BioWare, they got solid gold here.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

RyokoTK posted:

Politicizing it like that is, hmm, really tasteless and the worst idea ever.

However, pseudo-Appalachia or some other super rural American place would be a really distinct flavor for Far Cry.

Yeah that would be cool. give the game some dunwich horror vibes and less postal 2 mod as a political platform vibes

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I mean it would basically be Deliverance: The Home Game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Leal posted:

Have a skip cutscene button but it still has QTEs so you skip the cutscene just for it to cut to the QTE part and you fail.

maybe no QTEs either..

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

PYF guy: agreed my man. I fantasise about blowing up hundreds of poors and teenagers with machine guns and bazookas to punish them for their political opinions. peace

They've dragged the whole god drat world into the abyss because they're mad their lovely loving coal mining jobs are never coming back. We should get to blow them up in effigy in return.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Byzantine posted:

They've dragged the whole god drat world into the abyss because they're mad their lovely loving coal mining jobs are never coming back. We should get to blow them up in effigy in return.

Quoting this so you can't edit it later.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Writing Prompt:

Hatred, but if it was written by a woke bae

Alteisen posted:

Quoting this so you can't edit it later.

i think he's adding to the joke, my guy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

What, you don't fantasize about finally being able to make the streets run red with millennial blood? We've killed tons of shambling skeletons and zombies but when's the last time you got to shoot someone for not buying as much cereal as their parents used to?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
i cant tell if you're talking about actual skeletons or skeletons because of my plugin

I would like a game where you were a skeleton for justice socíale

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

RareAcumen posted:

What, you don't fantasize about finally being able to make the streets run red with millennial blood? We've killed tons of shambling skeletons and zombies but when's the last time you got to shoot someone for not buying as much cereal as their parents used to?

they should make a game where u shoot zombies but the zombies are like... people on their iphones

really makes u think

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

RyokoTK posted:

they should make a game where u shoot zombies but the zombies are like... people on their iphones

really makes u think

The final battle is you taking out an EEEEVIL cell phone tower and everyone puts down their phones.....and reads a Richard Dawkins book while Dragonforce plays in the background

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RyokoTK posted:

really makes u think

and set it in a mall

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

RyokoTK posted:

really makes u think

replace zombies with these fine folk for maximum wankery

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Deceitful Penguin posted:

i cant tell if you're talking about actual skeletons or skeletons because of my plugin

I would like a game where you were a skeleton for justice socíale

Naw, I mean literal skeletons. Like the one that you have inside of you. But on the outside, and murderous. Like those pricks in Dark Souls, CastleVania, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, the Scarecrow hallucinations in Arkham Asylum, Darkest Dungeon, Mario, Zelda, Terraria, etc etc. You get what I mean now.

RyokoTK posted:

really makes u think

Alteisen posted:

and set it in a mall

Action Tortoise posted:

OldTennisCourt posted:

The final battle is you taking out an EEEEVIL cell phone tower and everyone puts down their phones.....and reads a Richard Dawkins book while Dragonforce plays in the background

And it should also have sidequests where you spraypaint the walls with woke messages about how we're slaves to technology.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Action Tortoise posted:

:laffo:

This rear end in a top hat thought he was so goddamn insightful too.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

RareAcumen posted:

Naw, I mean literal skeletons. Like the one that you have inside of you. But on the outside, and murderous. Like those pricks in Dark Souls, CastleVania, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, the Scarecrow hallucinations in Arkham Asylum, Darkest Dungeon, Mario, Zelda, Terraria, etc etc. You get what I mean now.

And it should also have sidequests where you spraypaint the walls with woke messages about how we're slaves to technology.

level up the graffiti skill to unlock more banksy stencils

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
"You see in Far Cry 5 we really wanted to make a statement. Every time you take out a tower, you will be given more Tarian Points. With these you can upgrade skill trees and get more perks. Some are passive like allowing you to have all female enemies immediately run when you approach, or you can use active abilities that allow you to hack computers and set up flash mobs to protect your territory."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

"In the new Infamous, we've taken complaints about the morality system to heart. Now, choices will no longer range between helping someone because of altruism and blowing up cars in the street just because. Now, your choices will have far more meaning as you decide between tipping 40% after a meal and throwing children off rooftops and trying to score the most points by aiming to land them in a a running wood chipper."

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Only goons would act incredulous at some wacky idea for a game that tbh would probably be better than the boring poo poo environment and (non-existent) story the Far Cry series has had.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I started the modern times campaign in Tropico 4, so I finally experience the buildings changing depending on the time, and I'm not a big fan. At certain years a building will be "upgraded", this comes with a price increase and some buildings go from not requiring power to needing power. So apartments become modern apartments, which provide higher housing qualities for a higher price and requiring power. Wharves become fish farms which don't drain your fish in the sea, farms become biofarms which lets you grow multiple crops at once...

So the problem: You cannot go back to the old versions. If you wanted to build a cabaret, better get it built pretty quickly in your rule otherwise you can only build theatres which are bigger, cost 50% more and ironically, have a lower base entertainment quality and pulls less money from tourists. Wanted to provide a good amount of housing quality to a large amount of people that apartments give, get those apartments build in like 7 years otherwise they'll double in price and require electricity. Oh is that not an option? I guess you'll be shoving your middle class citizens into tenements!

Let me build my old buildings dammit :mad:

E: drat, restaurants go from costing 2k and require no power to costing 10k and requiring power. Meanwhile gourmet restaurants only costs 5k in addition to power. And provides better base service :psyduck:

E2: Also gently caress off El Diablo. I'm not waiting years for tropican children to get old enough to work.

Leal has a new favorite as of 09:59 on Feb 3, 2017

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Kontradaz posted:

Only goons would act incredulous at some wacky idea for a game that tbh would probably be better than the boring poo poo environment and (non-existent) story the Far Cry series has had.

Heh yeah man, those dumb goons! Man that idea about a super smart and super cool college student blowing away those dumb stupid poors and republicans sure is a good idea, man you and him should collab!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kontradaz posted:

(non-existent) story the Far Cry series has had.
Oh no, they have lots and lots of story. It's just not uh... good.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Shadow Warrior 2: I dunno if i've said this before, but I just remembered that if you have, say, a minigun or rocket launcher with a turret gem embedded, you throw that turret out to shoot things in a multiplayer game, and the game crashes, that gun is gone. Not just unequipped, but entirely gone from your loving inventory.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

I've spent a ton of time on this game, and I definitely enjoy it to an extent, but really I feel like your biggest enemy in most runs is not the enemies and rooms you encounter, but sheer tedium. Once you've cleared the game enough times the default difficulty ramps up for each and every run and without any helpful offensive weapons or tools it's just boring and takes forever.
Also, last night I completed a challenge run. My prize? Two more pills added to the pool of random pills! Both of them negative! :suicide:

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Did someone just watch Green Room on Netflix?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nuebot posted:

It's the same reason no one likes the ending of fable 2. Having poo poo taken from you and being done for you, but still being rewarded for it feels stupid. I mean if you engineered the elephant attack or whatever, you'd probably be laughing your rear end off at how you managed to pull that off. But if you're just riding by and the game is like "Yo, have a free base." It's weird and doesn't feel as rewarding.

Fable 2's ending's really only good if you take the ending the bad guy was going to take to revive only your family and gently caress everyone else. I did it while using the same kind of gun he shoots you with as a kid even; basically just ended up exactly like him. Even bought his castle.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Kontradaz posted:

I've finally met him, the target audience for Bad Day LA.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Guy Mann posted:

I've finally met him, the target audience for Bad Day LA.

what the gently caress did you get me to google?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Action Tortoise posted:

what the gently caress did you get me to google?

You just googled it, shouldn't you know?