Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Too stupid to figure out how to reroll quickly on Nox, went until I got 5* Sorcerous Prince Leo, and some other 4*, good enough.

Don't know poo poo about Fire Emblem characters, but this guy rides a horse and looks like an rear end in a top hat, so probably good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

it is bugging me that luna is not called luna and vengeance is not called vengeance

vengeance is still called vengeance, there's just also a milder form that comes before it called retribution

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

m.hache posted:

So can some 3* upgrade to 5*? Is this similar to games like Final Fantasy:BE where units can be awakened to 5*?

Yes.

Clawtopsy posted:

Also, it seems the representatives of your Friends randomly appear in your lobby, and when you touch them, they give you small gifts.

A Nino just swung by and gave me feathers. What do feathers do?

You use Feathers and the items the Training Tower stages give you to upgrade units to higher star values.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Scoss posted:

Too stupid to figure out how to reroll quickly on Nox, went until I got 5* Sorcerous Prince Leo, and some other 4*, good enough.

Don't know poo poo about Fire Emblem characters, but this guy rides a horse and looks like an rear end in a top hat, so probably good.

leo is a good boy and probably the least rear end in a top hat-ish important character in fates

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Hey Zotix if you arent going to use it, I would love that Ryoma account.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
leo is very cool, and good

Hinoka is also very cool and good, I wish she got more screentime to develop.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Is there a tier list? I have not played a single FE game so I only recognize Roy/Marth from smash but I haven't done my pulls yet. I kind of want that book guy from smash 4 i think, he was cool

Also I, uh, accidentally linked my account before reading that I shouldn't have done that before rerolling. rip

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

After a few hours of rerolling with nothing better than a single 4* i got:

GOOD ENOUGH. Through the first 3 worlds, did a bunch of training tower, and redeemed all of the NNID rewards. Going to throw another 20 summon tonight. I could use a healer, literally just running the 4 usable dudes I have and murdering things.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

boy are my arms tired posted:

Is there a tier list?

This game has been out for less than a day so any kind of tierlist would be cursory at best

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Is the only way to get orbs through story missions and the store? It's kinda a slow process to get them.

Edit: Also how necessary are 5 star dudes? My first rolls were only 3 star characters but the generic 2 star guys you start with don't seem that bad, they're more than pulling their weight.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 3, 2017

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

Also, it seems the representatives of your Friends randomly appear in your lobby, and when you touch them, they give you small gifts.

A Nino just swung by and gave me feathers. What do feathers do?

You spend them to increase the character's Star rating.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fethers

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

boy are my arms tired posted:

Is there a tier list? I have not played a single FE game so I only recognize Roy/Marth from smash but I haven't done my pulls yet. I kind of want that book guy from smash 4 i think, he was cool

Also I, uh, accidentally linked my account before reading that I shouldn't have done that before rerolling. rip

The game's been out, like, under a day, there's no meaningful way to have a tier list. More stars = better but this seems like the base game is simple enough a monkey could play it.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is the only way to get orbs through story missions and the store? It's kinda a slow process to get them.

they want you to whale

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

neongrey posted:

The game's been out, like, under a day, there's no meaningful way to have a tier list. More stars = better but this seems like the base game is simple enough a monkey could play it.

they want you to whale

fair enough, i wasn't sure if it was in JP for a month or w/e first like most gacha games

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Have had mediocre luck for the most part when it comes to getting heroes but can only complain so much when the second character I got was Camilla who just wrecks poo poo.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Like every other gatcha game there will be special event stages (likely under the Paralogs section), which will probably also supply orbs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Like every other gatcha game there will be special event stages (likely under the Paralogs section), which will probably also supply orbs.

Cool. Never played a gatcha before but I kinda figured there'd be another way to earn orbs than through the story, even if it's like a special one time only thing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Has anyone got Henry yet, because if you have I hate you.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

They may also send free orbs in the mail occasionally if an event is going on, I know several gacha games do that

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dr Pepper posted:

There's also special battles like the one to get the wizard lady which will probably be more in depth as the game goes on. If it's anything like 99% of mobile games as well we'll probably get some kind of challenge reward thing as well for clearing every stage without losing a unit, using certain units or other bullshit that gives extra orbs.

Nephzinho posted:

After a few hours of rerolling with nothing better than a single 4* i got:

GOOD ENOUGH. Through the first 3 worlds, did a bunch of training tower, and redeemed all of the NNID rewards. Going to throw another 20 summon tonight. I could use a healer, literally just running the 4 usable dudes I have and murdering things.

What color orb does she drop from? I kind of want her because her attack animation turns her into a fluffy dragon and the sprite is super cute.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

I got him and rerolled. :getin:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

hooley dooley it takes 20,000 feathers to take someone from 4* to 5*

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
5* Lyn is pretty ridiculous. 23x2 at level 1.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Nuebot posted:

What color orb does she drop from? I kind of want her because her attack animation turns her into a fluffy dragon and the sprite is super cute.

Fae comes out of Green Orbs.

m.hache posted:

5* Lyn is pretty ridiculous. 23x2 at level 1.

:hfive: I got her with her girlfriend and they are tag team wrecking everything's poo poo. Just lovely.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
After playing around with Hector, I don't think he's that strong. He hits like a truck, but he's too easy to confound due to his lowish speed and 1 Move. Ninjas will harass him to no end until he learns Distant Counter.

Subaki's been working pretty well with him actually thanks to Swap.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

LornMarkus posted:

Fae comes out of Green Orbs.

She also isn't particularly good it seems. Being able to drag someone is kind of useful for fighting knights I guess?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I pulled all 4 stars for my first pull. Hawkeye, Barte, Florina, Nowi, and Matthew.

Hawkeye looks pretty good.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

She also isn't particularly good it seems. Being able to drag someone is kind of useful for fighting knights I guess?

At base but the one I've got can also learn a skill to recover HP on her own and buff the stats of allies adjacent to her when she fights. I'm at least going to see if she works as a tank since I haven't pulled a pure healer yet.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Clawtopsy posted:

I think the more badges you chuck at them the less feathers it takes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Clawtopsy posted:

Neat. You get them from friends so that's not actually as bad as it sounds. For example, in Brave Exvius I've been completely capped on friend points for like a month because the only thing to do with them is roll for lovely units, and my unit box is full of not lovely units.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Holy hell does the game get more difficult once you reach chapter 9. Nothing quite like watching the enemy boss of 9-4 one-shot my level 23 Tiki from full.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

selkie's not in the game yet, is she :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

same except also cynthia

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Nephzinho posted:

She's a chicken dragon. smh if that's not enough for you

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i got henry but not cynthia

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dumb question, but how the hell do you know who's your team lead, is it just whoever's in slot 1 in your current party?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

CLAWTOPSY'S DREAM TEAM

henry
summer scramble henry
hot spring scramble henry
effie

e:

Super No Vacancy posted:

i got henry but not cynthia

:argh:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Dumb question, but how the hell do you know who's your team lead, is it just whoever's in slot 1 in your current party?

That's the closest I've found to how to set it. You can verify it's worked by going back to your Home screen. Your leader will be standing alone at the top of the room.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Dr Pepper posted:

I think the more badges you chuck at them the less feathers it takes.

Not on my screen, at least the ui doesn't show it. The help screen even indicates you need feathers and badges. 20,000 will take a while - so far I'm slated to only get a few thousand after this week's pvp " season".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

LornMarkus posted:

That's the closest I've found to how to set it. You can verify it's worked by going back to your Home screen. Your leader will be standing alone at the top of the room.

Ah, okay, so it's whoever's in slot one of your first team, not whichever one's active. Cool.