Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

sharrrk posted:

i'm an idiot and it took me way too long to realize this. so much wasted exp... how can i live with myself

Pay attention to the level ups you get after. Somebody else after him said one of their guys died and then go the exact same level up on the next map, so they might be seeded in some fashion rather than randomly rolled at the time of the level up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Trip report: Camilla is loving crazy.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
lol okay like 4* units themselves are ridiculously strong so unless you are in love with a 5* only unit dont stress about rerolling. 4* cordelia is murdering everyone with her idiot fishface without roys help

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
hawkeye is a powerful powerful shirtless man

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Trip report: Camille is loving crazy.

what do you expect from somebody who really wants to gently caress their brother

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LornMarkus posted:

the only people who don't reroll are super casual players who are almost certainly never going to spend any money on the game.

lmao sure pal

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

LornMarkus posted:

Yeah, here's the problem with that idea: the only people who don't reroll are super casual players who are almost certainly never going to spend any money on the game. Meanwhile the people rerolling are partially doing so because they want to get a solid start so they can play the game for a long time, and will probably drop at least a few bucks on it at some point, not to mention any potential whales.

It'd be a really dumb decision and also probably a PR nightmare once people started angrily posting about how they just wanted to play the game but have their favorite character.

the only real argument he had for me after i told him it'd happened to me once too was that it wouldn't be beyond nintendo to make a bad business decision which admittedly is a VERY STRONG argument haha

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
lol arthur's art

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i was opening the app store every twenty minutes today waiting for heroes to finally drop but i guess i'm a super casual player because i wanted to actually play the game and not spend hours uninstalling and reinstalling over poo poo that barely matters

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

otoh i am SO sure they're gonna ban people who reroll, that seems easy AND practical and definitely wont have false positives. lotta upside. definitely real

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Nihilarian posted:

If I do that Nox thing Willi be able to transfer the account to my actual mobile?
I assume the process is that you link your Nox to your Nintendo account after you keep your reroll. Then on the first load on your mobile you link to that same account and it should pull all the data. I haven't tested it out yet though.

(Quoting for new page since I'm sure someone has done it)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have a lot of axe users and most of them are still not as good as your starter Anna, because she is absurdly fast and has good attack skills.The default units are good.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i think im just gonna hoard orbs after my first pull for upcoming banners til they release Amelia

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

LornMarkus posted:

Pay attention to the level ups you get after. Somebody else after him said one of their guys died and then go the exact same level up on the next map, so they might be seeded in some fashion rather than randomly rolled at the time of the level up.

the point is the exp not the stats!!!! you'll never understand me.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So how do you actually add friend units to your team?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tae posted:

I have a lot of axe users and most of them are still not as good as your starter Anna, because she is absurdly fast and has good attack skills.The default units are good.

my anna has 7 defense at level 11(two more than my level 1 shanna!) so she's rapidly become unusable, it sucks

thank god i got 4* gunther in my last pull

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

my anna has 7 defense at level 11(two more than my level 1 shanna!) so she's rapidly become unusable, it sucks

Well yeah, she's a speedster. You don't use her to tank, that's what you have other units for.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gunther's got a skill called hone cavalry that passively gives +6 atk/spd to adjacent cavalry units at the start of your turn and i can't wait to get some other cavs to have fun with that

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm determined to raise her to be Strong. i will make a 5 star out of her.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't care enough to reroll, but oboro is enough of a workhorse that it would probably be pointless anyway.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Just got three 5 star dudes/dudettes from my third hero draw

rerolling is for nerds :colbert:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tae posted:

Well yeah, she's a speedster. You don't use her to tank, that's what you have other units for.

yeah i guess, tankiness just seems like it's gonna be really valuable in a game where everything hits and hp recovery is at a premium

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Tiki/Chrom/Lissa/Nino is pretty decent for me so far but the lack of mounted/flying units kinda sucks. Once I get another 10 orbs I'll probably pull a 2nd batch of 5 and hope for the best.

Tae posted:

Here's a tip for you minmaxers, a unit dying erases all their levels for that map so if you get a bad or empty level, let them die

I'm 99% certain level gains are fixed because when I was rerolling on two devices The first couple levels Anna got was identical between the devices.

Plus actual random level gains for a mobile game like this would result in skewed characters. DeNA isn't new to mobile games, they know that having units get set growth rates is pretty important for game balance and fairness.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I got 5* Lyn, 4* Tharja, and 4* Hinoka with my free rolls. I was hoping for Tharja so I'm happy; Lyn is a nice bonus though.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I just checked with a unit that levelled up twice on a map then died, the next two level ups looked the same as the original so no deathscumming for perfect levels which is nice.

EDIT: beaten

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BattleMaster posted:

I got 5* Lyn, 4* Tharja, and 4* Hinoka with my free rolls. I was hoping for Tharja so I'm happy; Lyn is a nice bonus though.

4* tharja might be my mvp so far, she's got great attack and her defenses have turned up pretty decent for what you'd expect from a flimsy mage

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I started with a 4* Camilla after my 3rd reroll and then I rolled a 5* Robin with my first 20 stones from the story, they're both killing it. Rerolling might not be necessary for the story but I'm pretty sure it's a big advantage in the arena if you care about that at all

GeekTheMage
May 20, 2001

Zetetica posted:

Has anyone succeeded in clearing the Sophia event on hard? It's going away in a few hours and you have to be level 15, so I haven't tried it. My strongest unit is 11

FYI, when you log into the game and it shows the news page, there's a link to a page with the full rotation of daily unit missions. Don't worry, you'll get another opportunity for a 2* Sophia in like two weeks, by which time you can probably just curbstomp the hard mode mission.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

cpaf posted:

I started with a 4* Camilla after my 3rd reroll and then I rolled a 5* Robin with my first 20 stones from the story, they're both killing it. Rerolling might not be necessary for the story but I'm pretty sure it's a big advantage in the arena if you care about that at all

Arena is just battling the cpu. The quality of the units is never good enough to beat good ole bait-and-gang up.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

cpaf posted:

Or if you just want to have a character you really liked, which was the main reason I did it. In the long run it's entirely possible Lyn and Florina won't be that good, but I'm happy just having my favorite girlfriends to punch mooks with.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

LornMarkus posted:

Pretty sure it's character seeds. I kept losing on the Hard mission and everytime my guy would level up (since you don't keep exp) it'd be the same stats going up.

Also, I don't know how to FE. Why is it sometimes my guys will attack 2 times and othertimes they don't?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BambooEarpick posted:

Also, I don't know how to FE. Why is it sometimes my guys will attack 2 times and othertimes they don't?

if a unit has 5 more speed than the opponent they get to attack twice; there's also brave weapons that get to attack twice always(and can get 4 attacks if they also have 5 more speed)

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
So far I have only one other green axe character aside from Anna who you start with.

Anna seems to be a 2* character, and Cherche is a 3*. If I have no particular character preference, is the 3* just gonna be better on the level? Is there any great reason to take one over the other?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Brother Entropy posted:

gunther's got a skill called hone cavalry that passively gives +6 atk/spd to adjacent cavalry units at the start of your turn and i can't wait to get some other cavs to have fun with that

I just got a 4* Gunther and a 4* Abel who have been getting really good level ups. Plus I have Clarine. I think I know what first real team build I'm gonna be trying out.

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
Anyone beaten the last level on normal? The boss witch just one shots all my dudes. Sitting around level 22 with 2 5* and 2 4*.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Arena is just battling the cpu. The quality of the units is never good enough to beat good ole bait-and-gang up.

Yeah and the CPU seems comprehensively bad, and far less ruthless than I remember it being in any FE game I've played. Still, the teams with 4x5*s like Lyn and Robin are going to be inherently harder than those with 4 starter units

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How do you change your account name?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How do you change your account name?

Under settings "FAQ/Misc" and it's the option to change your nickname.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i got 5 star pieri

she started with 21 ATK

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

if a unit has 5 more speed than the opponent they get to attack twice; there's also brave weapons that get to attack twice always(and can get 4 attacks if they also have 5 more speed)

Ahhh, I see. Thanks. Did they go over that in the tutorial? I don't remember it. I though most stats were self-explanatory but I was confused about speed; like I didn't see any kind of evasion rates or anything.