Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jedit posted:

Exactly what do you need to do for this? I just completed a streak with Samson, Eden, Lazarus (started as Lilith but got transformed with Rags), Isaac and Azazel, but I didn't get the achievement. I know the Lazarus run counted because I did get the achievement for a three run streak from that.
It should just work. Maybe specifically 5NAM is broken with the Rags? But I don't see why it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is there any chart that shows how the game prioritizes extra lives? Like say I was Lazarus and I got the Ankh and died, would I come back as ??? or Lazarus? What if I also had Judas's Shadow that I picked up after the Ankh? That kind of thing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It should just work. Maybe specifically 5NAM is broken with the Rags? But I don't see why it would be.
I bet it's because he broke the chain. You didn't win with lillith despite starting your run as her, you won with Lazarus.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

AnonSpore posted:

Is there any chart that shows how the game prioritizes extra lives? Like say I was Lazarus and I got the Ankh and died, would I come back as ??? or Lazarus? What if I also had Judas's Shadow that I picked up after the Ankh? That kind of thing.
I believe Lazarus' Rags have a higher priority than the rest since it respawns you in the same room. The others might depend on the order you picked them up (first in first out??), as well as 1UP! and Dead Cat used first and Guppy's Collar used last.

Edit: Some debug console testing got me 1UP! > Lazarus' Rags > Dead Cat > Guppy's Collar > Ankh > Judas' Shadow regardless of the order I got them in. I'll have to test more to see if the collar can trigger before the others, but it definitely can before (and during) character transformations.

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 2, 2017

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Thanks, my grand strat for Lazarus is to take a plan C into the Delirium fight which is why I need to know this

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Grapplejack posted:

I bet it's because he broke the chain. You didn't win with lillith despite starting your run as her, you won with Lazarus.

That shouldn't matter, I hadn't previously won as Lazarus.

Also I got the achievement with my 6th straight victory (Maggy, a crazy degenerate run where I ended up with Guppy, Soy Milk, BFF and a full meatboy before getting Tech X in the Chest) and the Lil/Laz run was number 3. I know I began the chain with Samson, so I don't know what the issue was.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Anyone here good at modding Isaac? I got music, sounds, and art assets and such down fairly well, but no idea how to program lua. Kinda frustrating.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

MatildaTheHun posted:

Twitch is sponsoring a return of BoILR and I was really excited and then remembered that means I need to listen to Crumps again

Yeah I refuse to watch it while crumps has his hands in it. Never mind he hasn't played the game since the original boilr failed and doesn't know how to balance and ban for a good tournament.

Also the rules for boilr made for such slow and boring races. I expect nothing less stupid this time around.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Almost had an amazing The Lost Greedier mode run ruined when I used a Temperance card and it spawned it on TOP of me, and I died. Thankfully I had Dead Cat.

EDIT: Yeah went on to beat it really easily. Even with his health scaling Ultra Greed's 1st phase went down in about 30 seconds, and his 2nd phase wasn't an issue because I had Host Hat. Turns out Ipecac+Double Shot+Technology 2+Guppy is kind of ridiculous.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 3, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

beat delerium in 23 minutes with samson but i was trying to get to mega satan lol

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Can the clicker switch you to the Keeper? The wiki says it can, but I just ruined two very powerful runs today trying to get the Keeper with the clicker, and nothing. I got the Lost a bunch of times though, so that destroyed all my health and I didn't stand any chance with Greedier end boss phase 2.

Also it seemed that Nun's Habit did not charge the Clicker.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

AbstractNapper posted:

Can the clicker switch you to the Keeper? The wiki says it can, but I just ruined two very powerful runs today trying to get the Keeper with the clicker, and nothing. I got the Lost a bunch of times though, so that destroyed all my health and I didn't stand any chance with Greedier end boss phase 2.

Also it seemed that Nun's Habit did not charge the Clicker.

Yes, that ruined my very first run of Afterbirth+.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I had a good run today that was hosed up by me forgetting what dead cat does :doh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Augus posted:

I had a good run today that was hosed up by me forgetting what dead cat does :doh:

Me X 20 or so now.
Sweet Jesus, the items need a description box before you pick them up.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
I guess I'm old-school, I salivate at the prospect of turning to Guppy in just about any run and grab Dead Cat without hesitation. Soul and black hearts are so easy to come by, and there's plenty of items that only trigger when you have little or no red heart health. Of all the new ways to break runs, blue flies are still way powerful.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dead Cat only fucks you if you have tons of red hearts.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The slow death of having Nine Lives and needing to get through that triple Polycephalis L-shaped room on The Chest (actually one of the few guaranteed damage in the game because they can telefrag you like they're no longer supposed to) is the worst feeling. :(

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Just a heads-up, Epic Fetus doesn't override Brimstone anymore, it gives you a Brimstone pinwheel kind of thing when the missiles explode.

In related news, I had a really easy Delirium unlock for ???.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Power of Pecota posted:

Just a heads-up, Epic Fetus doesn't override Brimstone anymore, it gives you a Brimstone pinwheel kind of thing when the missiles explode.

In related news, I had a really easy Delirium unlock for ???.

Yea and ipecac causes you to randomly shoot ipecac along with brimstone, makes grabbing Ipec with Azazael very dangerous.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Alteisen posted:

Yea and ipecac causes you to randomly shoot ipecac along with brimstone, makes grabbing Ipec with Azazael very dangerous.

Gives you a hell of a damage boost, though.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

BJPaskoff posted:

Yes, that ruined my very first run of Afterbirth+.

Ok. You are right. I thought they had patched it out, but no, you can randomly get the Keeper. I got him via the Clicker on a completely broken Eden run and he annihilated Ultra Greedier.... But now it seems I also have to do normal Greed mode separately with him for the other unlockable.

Also, don't get car battery if you intend to cheese the clicker. It must have "passed" the Keeper a couple of times before I got him (I had unlimited batteries by that point) and it was... annoying.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

BJPaskoff posted:

The slow death of having Nine Lives and needing to get through that triple Polycephalis L-shaped room on The Chest (actually one of the few guaranteed damage in the game because they can telefrag you like they're no longer supposed to) is the worst feeling. :(

I always play minimal red hearts and pick up Dead Cat just for Guppy progress. If I die near the end I just consider that the end of the run and reset/close. If I'm lucky the rooms I cleared may have extra blue/black hearts lying around and I'll give it another go.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Quick question: when you have Jacob's Ladder, is there any reason not to just fire all your tears into the wall so you get maximum lightning? :science:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Quick question: when you have Jacob's Ladder, is there any reason not to just fire all your tears into the wall so you get maximum lightning? :science:

Fire them at enemies for maximum lightning & damage !

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I got the ZIP! achievement. Using Azazel with Ludovico effect makes it trivial. Now I just need to get the winning streak ones :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh Satan, you card!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

I got the ZIP! achievement. Using Azazel with Ludovico effect makes it trivial. Now I just need to get the winning streak ones :(

Haha, I'm at just the reverse - I got the Marathon achievement with today's daily and I was just thinking Azazel runs would be the easiest way to knock out It's the Key, although I'd love getting ZIP! on an attempt. 7 away from full completion at the moment, with one of those being to just run into fires/spikes for the next 13 dailies.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
I just found out that if you're Guppy and you have Sinus Infection, the boogers count as continual tear damage, so you keep spawning more flies even if you're not firing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I managed to get it working like this only to get to the Downpour and find out that every sprite was invisible because the game couldn't load the required shaders. :negative:

Antibirth's Sheol music is really badass btw.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Augus posted:

I managed to get it working like this only to get to the Downpour and find out that every sprite was invisible because the game couldn't load the required shaders. :negative:

Antibirth's Sheol music is really badass btw.

Ah that sucks but thanks for saving me effort. I almost went through the steps to get it setup today but steam gave me the OS X dmg and I was too lazy to bother

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kinda fcuked up how the free mod is better than both Afterbirth and Afterbirth+

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I like Antibirth but it crashes every five minutes and I don't have all the regular basic achievments unlocked that I do in Afterbirth.

Is there any way to stop the crashes?

And what's the easiest way to edit my save to unlock things?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Augus posted:

Kinda fcuked up how the free mod is better than both Afterbirth and Afterbirth+

I'll give you + but normal afterbirth as well? Nah, man. Not having afterbirth's improvements is the main reason why I don't play antibirth.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

It's the Key is the worst because you have to fight instinct all the time to stop yourself from picking up hearts and coins

Connoisseur
Oct 2, 2010

"Every minute we waste could be the difference between a soldier goin' home alive or goin' home in a bag."

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I like Antibirth but it crashes every five minutes and I don't have all the regular basic achievments unlocked that I do in Afterbirth.

Is there any way to stop the crashes?

And what's the easiest way to edit my save to unlock things?

Using alt+f2 in the stats menu syncs the save file with achievements, which gives all non-Antibirth unlocks if you have unlocked everything in Rebirth or Afterbirth. That's what I used to get Lost unlocked on a non-imported Antibirth save (because I didn't want to do the 4 consecutive run BS to unlock Lost that's mandatory in Rebirth).

Connoisseur fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Feb 4, 2017

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Psychedelicatessen posted:

It's the Key is the worst because you have to fight instinct all the time to stop yourself from picking up hearts and coins

This is me. I still pick up every available coin regardless of how many I have. I will never ever get this achievement.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Things that gently caress with your muscle memory and instincts are the worst. That's why Guillotine is one of the worst items in the game despite conferring a damage + tears up.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Things that gently caress with your muscle memory and instincts are the worst. That's why Guillotine is one of the worst items in the game despite conferring a damage + tears up.

I get motion sickness from Guillotine and have to end any run in which I pick it up accidentally. I don't know why; I can play FPS games just fine.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I had an insane run for It's the Key (Abaddon in one devil deal, Satanic Bible in a later one) and I'm going to say that I was able to keep from picking up hearts/coins easy with Abaddon the whole way. Curse of Darkness Dark Room - even with the gamma turned up - straight up poo poo on me. I hit three dead ends and then got what I think is my first triple adversary room of Afterbirth+.

(Note all three of those fuckers are still alive even collectively at 10% health)

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Whenever I pick up Guillotine I have at least one room where 85% of my shots hit rocks in a 1-panel pathway and usually just reset in frustration after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

watho posted:

I'll give you + but normal afterbirth as well? Nah, man. Not having afterbirth's improvements is the main reason why I don't play antibirth.

I'll agree that Afterbirth was legit. There was some bullshit around its launch, with some items not being included until a later patch, but even base Afterbirth brought a huge number of improvements, including faster bomb timers, interesting new items, improved item interactions, newly functional synergies, new alt floors, variable boss rush, and a legitimately well-designed superboss. It was a cool and good expansion.

And I'll admit that every time I get Sad Bombs with Brimstone in Antibirth, I feel a pang of sadness watching them explode into a pitiful shower of tears rather than a bloody pinwheel of death. But Antibirth has too many awesome and cool ideas for me to let those annoyances get me down. And there are some things that I think were better in base Rebirth, like the pill rotation. Afterbirth polluted the pill pool with a bunch of annoying garbage pills, to the point where I and many others just stopped taking pills without PhD. Antibirth only adds three pills, and all of them actually affect your stats, so they're actually potentially worth something.

Plus, Antibirth has some stuff that really should be in the main game by now. I mean, come on. It's still kind of baffling that in two official expansions, the main game has yet to give you the ability to hold two active items. Come on, Edmund! You can hold two of everything else! You even have multiple items that allow you to hold two of other things!