Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Kann ich so nicht beantworten.

Von der verlinkten Geschichte und der Pressemitteilung her klingt es so, als ob die Klägerin eine unschlüssige Klage erhoben hätte. Das wäre eine Klage, wo sämtlicher Tatsachenvortrag der Klärgerin - wenn man ihn als wahr unterstellt - die begehrte Rechtsfolge nicht begründen würde. Dann muss ich in der Tat keine Beweisaufnahme vornehmen, denn es gibt ja nichts prozessrelevantes was zu beweisen wäre.

Das ist jetzt aber eine elegante Formulierung für das Wort "Blödsinn".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Holy poo poo check out that Deutschlandtrend: http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/deutschlandtrend-723.html

CDU and AfD 3% down, SPD 8% up.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Lovely Horse posted:

Holy poo poo check out that Deutschlandtrend: http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/deutschlandtrend-723.html

Würde wahrscheinlich trotzdem noch nichts ändern, weil die CDU mehr Erststimmen holen dürfte.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So what will it mean if - and I guess that's the likeliest option - "Chulz" experiences an "impressive loss"? What's that mean for his chances?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
http://www.stern.de/lifestyle/leute...utm_medium=link

Wikipedia posted:

Markus Roscher-Meinel (* 29. Mai 1963 in Paderborn) ist ein deutscher Rechtsanwalt, Musikfunktionär, Musiker und Politiker (FDP, BFB, CDU, Piratenpartei, AfD).

Ich hoffe er spendet seinen Körper der Wissenschaft. Zwar gibt es viele extreme Parteihopper, aber ein museumstaugliches Exemplar wäre schon toll.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ich persönlich hätte den Abbruch der Vertragsanbahnung übrigens damit begründet, dass der Herr Rechtsanwalt für Medienrecht in seinem Impressum noch das TDG zitiert. :colbert:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Randler posted:

http://www.stern.de/lifestyle/leute...utm_medium=link

Ich hoffe er spendet seinen Körper der Wissenschaft. Zwar gibt es viele extreme Parteihopper, aber ein museumstaugliches Exemplar wäre schon toll.

BFB? I don't think I've heard of them before, let's just check...

Wikipedia posted:

Der Bund freier Bürger (BFB; zuletzt: Bund Freier Bürger – Offensive für Deutschland. Die Freiheitlichen) war eine durch Manfred Brunner initiierte deutsche Kleinpartei, die von 1994 bis 2000 existierte. Während sie sich selbst als „liberal-konservativ“ und „nationalliberal“ bezeichnete...

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

My Lovely Horse posted:

So yeah, same results as in the graph i made of http://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/politbarometer/stimmung.htm a while back.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
"offensive für deutschland" :ughh:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Randler posted:

Würde wahrscheinlich trotzdem noch nichts ändern, weil die CDU mehr Erststimmen holen dürfte.

Das Bundesverfassungsgericht hatte doch erst letztens nochmal Überhangmandate moniert, wäre das immer noch so ein großer Vorteil für die CDU?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Torrannor posted:

Das Bundesverfassungsgericht hatte doch erst letztens nochmal Überhangmandate moniert, wäre das immer noch so ein großer Vorteil für die CDU?

Mein Verständnis war, dass auch nach der letzten Reform nicht vollumfänglich kompensiert würde und ein gewisser Restvorteil für Überhangmandante, und damit die CSU, bliebe.

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005
Guten Morgen.

Wish I could read most of this thread... Hopefully that will change as I will be moving to Austria soon. I thought this would be a good thread to ask if there are any good sources for news in deutsch that covers both international and national stories, something that I could stream obviously.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

ganglysumbia posted:

Guten Morgen.

Wish I could read most of this thread... Hopefully that will change as I will be moving to Austria soon. I thought this would be a good thread to ask if there are any good sources for news in deutsch that covers both international and national stories, something that I could stream obviously.

Since you're just learning, Deutsche Welle offers a short daily podcast called "Langsam gesprochene Nachrichten", which is the daily headlines read aloud slowly, clearly, and simply. I recommend it, as it helped me quite a bit when I was still learning.

Edit: it's recommended that your German be at a B-level for this though to really get everything out of it.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

ganglysumbia posted:

Hopefully that will change as I will be moving to Austria soon.

my condolences

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

ganglysumbia posted:

..as I will be moving to Austria soon.

Absolutely the BEST choice, absolutely terrific. Lots of germans come here too. Total losers, so sad.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
ja, rif

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Das wird schon werden,auch die regionalen Unterschiede bekommst du bestimmt in Null Beistrich Nichts hin.

Es gibt auch noch den German language thread in SAL.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

ganglysumbia posted:

Guten Morgen.

Not news, but:

Get https://apps.ankiweb.net/ and use this deck with it: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1013703822 It'll help get you exposure to the language and improve your vocabulary. You can use it across devices on all desktop OSes, android, ios, and your web browser.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

ganglysumbia posted:

Guten Morgen.

I used to live in Austria too, A+ would live there again. Just make sure not to say the taboo words and you'll be fine.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

JaucheCharly posted:

Absolutely the BEST choice, absolutely terrific. Lots of germans come here too. Total losers, so sad.

he said, squatting over a schlucht with his pants at his ankles

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ganglysumbia posted:

Guten Morgen.

Just remember that you are actually learning Austrian, not German. Nobody in Germany will know what the gently caress you are talking about when you say poo poo like Sackerl, Bartwisch or Schnackseln. :wtc:

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

JaucheCharly posted:

Don't listen to that weird kangaroo fucker. it's a terrible country full of racists that almost voted in a member of the Nazi party for president.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Just remember that you are actually learning Austrian, not German. Nobody in Germany will know what the gently caress you are talking about when you say poo poo like Sackerl, Bartwisch or Schnackseln. :wtc:

I would like to think that even a northerner would understand what schnackseln means.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

When you're able to understand this sentence you're ready to live in Austria, OP

quote:

Unlängst bin ich in der Bim heim gefahren mit einem Sackerl Ribisel und eine Dose Sprühschlagobers, als plötzlich so ein Wappler hergekommen ist und mich vollsudert über die gschissenen Piefke und dass die Kiewerei hinter ihm her wär weil er unerlaubterweise mit der Puffn um sich geschossen hätte, und jetzt hat er Angst dass er geklagt wird und zum Sacklpicken ins Häfen muss. Ich hab so getan als hätt ich mich verkutzt und bin schnell raus, hab eh noch Erdäpfel, Paradeiser und Karfiol gebraucht. Auf den Schock hab ich mich erstmal ins Beisl gesetzt und bei einem Achterl und einer gemütlichen Tschick den Tag Revue passieren lassen. Naja, aus dem Achterl ist dann doch das eine oder andere Vierterl geworden und bald war ich dermaßen blunzenfett, bist du deppert! Beinah wär ich mit dem Fiaker zaus, aber es ist sich mit dem Geld nicht ausgegangen und ich hab müssen heimhatschen. Ich war dann so fertig dass ich in die Bassena gespieben hab *und* dann war ich sogar noch so potschert dass es mich in meiner eigenen Speibe hinlassen hat. Wär ja noch ok gewesen, aber natürlich kommt in eben diesem Augenblick dieser Ungustl von einem Hofrat aus dem Koloniaraum und sieht mich in der Lacke liegen...

Just a normal day in Vienna, all things considered

vvv just pretend I had my guy in the sentence clean up his mess with a Fetzen and a Hangerl, maybe even a Scotchbrett vvv

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 3, 2017

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I'm from deepest Bavaria so I don't have many problems understanding the dialect of the Upper Austrians surrounding me currently, but my favourite example for an :argh: towards Austria and an :unsmith: towards the whole immigration clusterfuck happened when an obvious immigrant was fixing my sink in the bathroom and asked me in not-native-but-passable German for an item.

I had to ask him three times because I didn't understand, and I was feeling bad because his accent wasn't bad and he was trying and nice and surely he was discriminated against enough already in this loving country...

Then it hit me. I didn't fail to understand him because his German was too bad. I failed to understand him because he was too Austrian. He was asking for a "Fetzen". What a Bayer calls a "Hadern". What the rest of the world knows as "(Wisch)tuch".

Fetzen is a good word, though. Apparently, completely failed exams are also called Fetzen by the people correcting them. I'm grading a lot of Fetzen at the moment :v:.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
weird im a Fischkopp and I know what a Fetzen would be (same with Schnackseln, but for... diferent reasons)

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

weird im a Fischkopp and I know what a Fetzen would be (same with Schnackseln, but for... diferent reasons)

You mean, you've had a Fetzen

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I mean, contextually it makes sense and I could produce him the Lappen eventually, but hearing it in a sentence with sometimes slightly mangled other words threw me for a loop completely.

Something else: I knew most of the stuff in the very Austrian sentence or could deduce it, but even Google fails me on Koloniaraum. Is that, like, a Hausflur???

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Feudel

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Apparently a trash bin room named after Köln. http://www.simply4friends.at/blog/index.php/photoblog/permalink/koloniaraum

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lmao get in the bin Köln :cawg:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

System Metternich posted:

I used to live in Austria too, A+ would live there again. Just make sure not to say the taboo words and you'll be fine.

What are those? Hitler war Österreicher und Mozart Deutscher?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Reissen und fetzen.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Lumpa

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putzlappen

I love poo poo like this

bronin fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Feb 3, 2017

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Umpa

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Deutscher Gastarbeiter in Ö. detected.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Simply Simon posted:

I'm from deepest Bavaria so I don't have many problems understanding the dialect of the Upper Austrians surrounding me currently, but my favourite example for an :argh: towards Austria and an :unsmith: towards the whole immigration clusterfuck happened when an obvious immigrant was fixing my sink in the bathroom and asked me in not-native-but-passable German for an item.

I had to ask him three times because I didn't understand, and I was feeling bad because his accent wasn't bad and he was trying and nice and surely he was discriminated against enough already in this loving country...

Then it hit me. I didn't fail to understand him because his German was too bad. I failed to understand him because he was too Austrian. He was asking for a "Fetzen". What a Bayer calls a "Hadern". What the rest of the world knows as "(Wisch)tuch".

Fetzen is a good word, though. Apparently, completely failed exams are also called Fetzen by the people correcting them. I'm grading a lot of Fetzen at the moment :v:.

Fetzen sagt man auch, wenn man komplett angesoffen ist. "Ich hab so einen Fetzen gehabt, na servas."

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Everybody knows schnackseln because of Gloria von Thurn und Taxis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Meine erste Sprache war Walliserdeutsch, ich verstehe alles, was mit Deutsch zu tun hat.

(schreiben ist ne andere Sache)

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2S9iggdzM

oliwan fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 3, 2017