Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I forgot the rabbits even show up. I've just been wrecking the hardest difficulty as fast as possible for the 200+ candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Those of us in the discord just got to see a heartbreaking display - 9 11x pulls and 60 tickets chasing Randi.

Not even one rainbow crystal over 159 pulls. Enough Popois to smash together two whole TMRs, though. :saddowns:

The moral: Never pullchase. Not even for Orlandu. This can and likely will happen to you.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Is Blizzard Flask not considered magic?

Definitely used it to kill the Lich for my 1st go round...didn't get the reward. I mean this is easy enough to just go back and re-do it, but that's weird.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Those dread slimes are real fun killers, my usual squad has no magic outside the esper so it's taking me an age

E: and they have insta kill moves too, cool.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

hagie posted:

Definitely used it to kill the Lich for my 1st go round...didn't get the reward. I mean this is easy enough to just go back and re-do it, but that's weird.

Flasks are abilities. Been burnt by that before fo sho!

At least this event is pretty easy, exdeath just can't get any more useful, can he? He's a Leatherman wrapped in a tree, wrapped in plate mail. The candy drops are low low low, but I'm sure that'll change, and I haven't seen any Rabites yet either. It's not like I have anything to work on except for tm grinding anyways.

Also, big whoop, I got a Primm. 565 398 787

Tall Tale Teller fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 3, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

hagie posted:

Anything that has the crystal "icon" after you select it to use counts as an ability, even if it uses the character's MAG stat to do damage. Magic has a different icon. Generally speaking*, the only things that count as magic are bog standard White Magic (Cure, Esuna, Dispel, etc, includes Holy), bog standard Black Magic (Fire/Blizzard/Thunder etc, includes Meteor and Ultima) and Green Magic (Protectga, Shellga, Deprotect/Deshell, Imperil, and any Bar spells).

* I say "generally speaking" because there's some sort of circumstances that make me fail "Don't use magic" missions using LBs and summoning espers, but it's inconsistent and I'm not sure what the exact rules for those are.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If you're in doubt, check Exvius Wiki, but yeah, usually the only things considered "magic" damage are traditional FF spells or abilities by pure magic units.

Anyway, I just kinda need to plot out a course of action for this event. I'm not enjoying it too much, to be fair. Too many levels, candy seems somewhat spare and the one item you wanna buy with it costs 50k.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dias posted:

If you're in doubt, check Exvius Wiki, but yeah, usually the only things considered "magic" damage are traditional FF spells or abilities by pure magic units.

Nope, just the traditional FF spells. If something says you need to kill a boss with magic, things like Wicked Light (Exdeath) or Dystopia (Dark Fina) will not count. That said, since most of the solid mage units have some variant of dualcast, just use that as your watermark. If it can be dualcasted, it counts.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

KataraniSword posted:

Nope, just the traditional FF spells. If something says you need to kill a boss with magic, things like Wicked Light (Exdeath) or Dystopia (Dark Fina) will not count. That said, since most of the solid mage units have some variant of dualcast, just use that as your watermark. If it can be dualcasted, it counts.

Huh, now that I think of it there's no "kill with magic DAMAGE" missions, it's always just plain "magic".

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dias posted:

Anyway, I just kinda need to plot out a course of action for this event. I'm not enjoying it too much, to be fair. Too many levels, candy seems somewhat spare and the one item you wanna buy with it costs 50k.

I laughed when I saw how much that axe costs. These events are pure exploitation of the system in the worst way. Either you are forced to spend tons of Lapis on NRG refreshes to get the best stuff, or you need to roll multiple of the banner 5* base in order to bring that number down. Most players will end up somewhere in the middle getting a couple units that bring that number down but not enough to save them from still doing a ton of refreshes.

These King Mog events were good when they first came around too. Each one seems worse than the last.

Robotic Accolade posted:

That's one thing Global really has working against it; the 6 month lead time that JP has coupled with the ease of information transfer that the internet provides means they can't rely on the flashiness of the banner characters themselves to drive sales the way Japan can: LoM fans in Japan might have pulled like crazy on this banner and only figured out the characters are of limited utility later, but by the time the banner hits here the character quality is common knowledge and that offsets the draw of the characters significantly. I mean, it's good for the players, but it's got to be a thorn in the side of the developers.

Even if we didn't have a 6 month lead, it should be painfully apparent that outside of a handful of units, non-5* base units are garbage. Meaning 2/3s or more of every banner is garbage. IF you're a new player you might find some utility in some of these units but they need to be able to go to 6* at the very least. That's the problem is that they're just designing the game around hunting for those whales who roll for the 5* base on every banner.

And actually I think they're going to see a spike in people spending money when those big characters come around. The semi-F2P players will probably not drop money on a banner like this regardless of knowing what the future holds unless they feel nostalgic about these characters. Knowing that a unit like Orlandu can last them a longer time in the game is going to be a strong motivator to spend money to get him, otherwise the feeling is just going to be 5*= Good regardless of which 5* it is.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PaybackJack posted:

I laughed when I saw how much that axe costs. These events are pure exploitation of the system in the worst way. Either you are forced to spend tons of Lapis on NRG refreshes to get the best stuff, or you need to roll multiple of the banner 5* base in order to bring that number down. Most players will end up somewhere in the middle getting a couple units that bring that number down but not enough to save them from still doing a ton of refreshes.

These King Mog events were good when they first came around too. Each one seems worse than the last.

Honestly, the axe and the skill materia are the only real sticklers; the rest of it seems par for the course. Still, I think this is the first time they've ever made something (other than limit pots) cost more than either of the trust moogles. That poo poo's fuckin' ridiculous.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you didn't read the notice, GUMI definitely has a UI problem...

Now somebody tell me the best way to gear out this piece of poo poo secret of Bedile unit please...

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 3, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

If you didn't read the notice, GUMI definitely has a UI problem...

Now somebody tell me the best way to gear out this piece of poo poo secret of Bedile unit please...

Dual Wield (or Genji Glove) + 3 (4) Letters and Arms. Enhancer/Mana Sword + Kaiser Knuckles + Champion's Belt + Minerva Bustier/Lordly Robe + whatever helmet.

The one I have up right now, after being stuffed with all the pots I can muster, has:

Enhancer, Kaiser Knuckles
Survivor Helm, Magi Robe
Champion's Belt, Hero's Ring
Dual Wield, 3x Letters and Arms

This yields:
3441 HP, 260 MP
433 ATK, 527 MAG
282 DEF, 270 SPR
with Diablos.

I slotted her into Cecil's off-heal slot, and instead of tanking, she is making GBS threads out DPS like a champ, using either Saintly Beam for 300% magic damage, or dual wielded sabers for single target.

My front line is 3 people with Excalibur, the holy chains are kind of ridiculous. Also, Saintly Beam looks like a Kamehameha.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 3, 2017

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Rainbow crystaled a Dark Knight Cecil, rip my luck for Randi.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

NinjaDebugger posted:

Dual Wield (or Genji Glove) + 3 (4) Letters and Arms. Enhancer/Mana Sword + Kaiser Knuckles + Champion's Belt + Minerva Bustier/Lordly Robe + whatever helmet.

The one I have up right now, after being stuffed with all the pots I can muster, has:

Enhancer, Kaiser Knuckles
Survivor Helm, Magi Robe
Champion's Belt, Hero's Ring
Dual Wield, 3x Letters and Arms

This yields:
3441 HP, 260 MP
433 ATK, 527 MAG
282 DEF, 270 SPR
with Diablos.

I slotted her into Cecil's off-heal slot, and instead of tanking, she is making GBS threads out DPS like a champ, using either Saintly Beam for 300% magic damage, or dual wielded sabers for single target.

My front line is 3 people with Excalibur, the holy chains are kind of ridiculous. Also, Saintly Beam looks like a Kamehameha.

I'll go +MAG then, I don't have hardly any of those TM's, still working on my first DW.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

My first Rainbow Crystal ever, and it's a Troll.

I've been throwing all my tickets, dailies and even the daily red envelope tickets at Chocobro and was rewarded with my third Mercedes. Crushing my dreams.

loving game

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Nuebot posted:

I forgot the rabbits even show up. I've just been wrecking the hardest difficulty as fast as possible for the 200+ candy.

Stupid question but what are you using to straight auto through it? I've got a Lightning with Excalibur and a dual wield on my CoD but I wasn't sure. I'm not too enthusiastic about having to set like a full page of casts and grinding out four bazillion candies

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

I'll go +MAG then, I don't have hardly any of those TM's, still working on my first DW.

A budget build for her would be more like:

Her event knuckles or your best rod + creepy mask + magi robes + 2 hero rings + the best magic boosts you can swing for materia.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Take out the two trust moogles and put them in the third category, otherwise this is probably a good list.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

So are the Materia ability things you buy consumed, or are they equipped? It seems like not really worth buying Randy's half-fullbreak materia if it takes up an ability slot.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
^^^^^ they are equipped in the ability slots and not consumed

It sure does take a goodly amount of time to hack through 7 rounds of guys for a measely 200 candy. At least the bosses aren't so insane that you can't slap a lovely bonus unit in and get demolished. Now if I could manage to pull one without having to drop scads of tickets that'd be p cool. Whoever said it up thread about these king MOG events getting worse and worse hit the nail on the head though.

Also

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

Rainbow crystaled a Dark Knight Cecil, rip my luck for Randi.

At least dk Cecil is supposed to be pretty decent once his enhancements come along. According to the wiki he can shell out some pretty serious damage later on. Which is good because he's really kinda poopy right now. I've been sitting on mine for an age now waiting for the day

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DK Cecil has the best TM sword in the game, it comes pre-baked with man-eater.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 3, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Cartoon Man posted:

Take out the two trust moogles and put them in the third category, otherwise this is probably a good list.

ehhh dunno about getting the equipment

for me it's just tickets and then cheap awakening mats and maybe getting gigantaurs if i can pull anything decent to spend my existing 300 on

like seriously pulls gimme something good already

then back to tm farming

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Even with 3 SoM units on my team the payout on candies is horrible. Getting the axe will be a nightmare, and its the only equipment I care about.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Even with 3 SoM units on my team the payout on candies is horrible. Getting the axe will be a nightmare, and its the only equipment I care about.

If you've got bonuses, that'll change the moment you hit a few rabite spawns. Hit a 6 and a 5 back to back, pulled in 10k candy. They're reasonably frequent spawns.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Just went into ELT with my TMR team on accident, and of course, 6 Rabbites show up. The first time I've seen them too.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
What are all you doing for the dread slime, does your auto team include a decent mage?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Use Ling to spr break and one Ultima from DFina usually does it. Also, Ling is amazing. CoD gonna be benched for awhile.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Tiger Millionaire posted:

What are all you doing for the dread slime, does your auto team include a decent mage?

Not auto.

Setup one efficient set of commands and mash Repeat.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Dual meteor from ExDeath one shots it for me.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

50k for the Gigas Axe :stare:

I really should get the TM macro grind on because gently caress that poo poo, I already got two Mercedes

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Infected posted:

ExDeath definitely showing who's the best magic tree in this event.

Triple Exdeath is one-rounding everything in ELT. :science:

First ELT run had 4 rabbites too, so that run gave 1k candy (plus another 1k for the Randi buddy).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Somebody did the math on Reddit to get the axe:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ru8xv/how_long_will_it_take_to_get_the_axe/

quote:

So, I don't think anyone has done the maths yet, so I'll take it upon myself to do it now so everyone else is aware of this.

So, firstly our assumptions. We are going to be farming elt, we have primm and no other bonus units (taken as she's the average of the 3), and all energy we get goes into farming. No lapis spent. No level ups.

So, a single run nets us 374.5 candies (214+(214/100*75)).

That means total runs we need to do is 134. (50,000/374.5=133.5)

Total energy needed is 1742 (134*13=1742)

That adds up to 8710 minutes (1742*5)

8710 minutes is better known as being just over 6 days. A more than manageable time for those with large NRG pools.

Now, that is the time it'll take assuming you only have +75%, and never meet the mice. If you have any boosting unit, as well as a friend, you beat this. If you meet any mice, you beat this. Hell, even without any boosting units at all, it'll take 10.5 days.

So, it's up to you guys whether the axe is worth your time investment. I just did this to show how long it'll take under these conditions. Hope it helps though.

-Edit- Since someone said that they were unable to farm on elt, I also just numbcrunched for pro farming as well, with the additional assumption that the average payout is 144 since it lacks a consistent payout. The time turns into 6.9 days, so basically 7 days.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That's pretty painful. At least it's a two week long thing. I feel a cactaur dunes or maze event incoming soon...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

I miss the free summons. But hey, at least this event is bullshittingly easy :shepface: I can beat all but the last difficulty (excepting that slime) just by hitting auto. The last one I need to heal. 200 candy without any modifiers. :shrug:

EDIT: Yo what's up? The mail box broke. I clicked "claim all" and several stacks of gigantaur and attack pots I couldn't fit in my inventory are just loving gone.

There are expiration dates on some of those things? Maybe that's your problem.

Anyway I got this rear end in a top hat as my second 5* base (third ever, got two Lightnings back to back on her banner.)

The is good I guess?

Randy doesn't look bad at all, is this just the regular "he's not Orlandu" nonsense I'm hearing? He looks like a great breaker/passive buff guy. He's ripping off Crono's look, but...

Anyway, 634, 188, 308 if you want to hang out with another Randy Candy Pal. Did a purge of all Goons inactive after a week, 21 slots available for Goon companions.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I think I'm gonna try that Fire Emblem Heroes thing this week.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
It's fun but the mechanics for leveling up and upgrading units are retarded.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
LOL if they think I am going to go for that axe!

6* awakening mats and exp cactuars here I come!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Which is fine because other than Mercedes, nobody wants an axe.
If it was a plain sword, I'd grind and not sleep, but axes suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

There are expiration dates on some of those things? Maybe that's your problem.

Anyway I got this rear end in a top hat as my second 5* base (third ever, got two Lightnings back to back on her banner.)

The is good I guess?

Randy doesn't look bad at all, is this just the regular "he's not Orlandu" nonsense I'm hearing? He looks like a great breaker/passive buff guy. He's ripping off Crono's look, but...

Anyway, 634, 188, 308 if you want to hang out with another Randy Candy Pal. Did a purge of all Goons inactive after a week, 21 slots available for Goon companions.

He is pretty mediocre for a base 5* right now. The main problem with Randi is that he lacks damaging abilities. He basically has two moves:
-Slice Thrice, 215% ST damage, applies 35% DEF break, costs 30mp
-Full Moon slash (event materia), 162% effective ST damage, 25% Full Break, 23mp

He also doesn't have defensive utility or AoE. Purely physical DPS with mild breaking abilities and decent Killer passives.

His enhancements will make him much better in the future, possibly even top-tier. He will gain wind damage, 100% ATK for using sword (instead of 35%), native Doublehand, +100% stat self-buff, faster LBs, a good AoE attack, and a very strong,10-hit ST attack.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/330

• Locked thread