Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DapperDon posted:

Is that the now infamous foreclosed house the spergs discovered?

No clue wtf they're going on about, but those images (as evidenced by the date), were taken back in 2008 at our own house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
The Star Citizen whales continue to seek the nearest exit. A concierge backer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/5rvj2m/concierge_backer_refund_processing/

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Libluini posted:

All those space games and no Universe? What a shame, Omnitrends' weird first try at space sims from 1983 deserves to be on your list.

Mainly because when I looked through the list, there were no screen shots of demonstrating any kind of easily identifiable first-person view. :D

It's kind of funny how long it took in video games before they were able to do that perspective properly.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Hey Ol Cactus Dick here's a sub-reddit you might like. It's a whole community of people like you with hate semis for Dr. Smart. Lots of potential new friends with whom you could plot his downfall.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I appreciate the suggestion but I've already been banned from there like 5 times.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Mainly because when I looked through the list, there were no screen shots of demonstrating any kind of easily identifiable first-person view. :D

It's kind of funny how long it took in video games before they were able to do that perspective properly.

When playing Universe you basically interact with your ship's computer. You could argue everything you see is first person. If you want to see the outside, you have to awkwardly type in commands to make your computer lock onto something, scan it and then present you with info (and a very slowly rendering picture). Spaceships in Universe don't come with windows. :v:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I appreciate the suggestion but I've already been banned from there like 5 times.

You too? I just got mine today. I feel grief. :negative:

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

peter gabriel posted:

What better people to advertise to as a company that sells jpegs than Star Citizens? It's the perfect plan

Nothing wrong with what happened. This was all just part of the "Take a jpeg leave a jpeg" movement. Like what we do with pennies.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

DapperDon posted:

You too? I just got mine today. I feel grief. :negative:

It would seem that their purpose is less hating Derek and more protecting some scam but sometimes my massive hateboner leaves me lightheaded and unable to think clearly.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Achamp posted:

Nothing wrong with what happened. This was all just part of the "Take a jpeg leave a jpeg" movement. Like what we do with pennies.

I like to think with SA it's more like:

Take someone's decency, leave your decency.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/370193/dear-cig-no-new-ships-please

Star Citizen: No more ships please

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

D_Smart posted:

That's one image from my old game room (from the old house back in 2008) which didn't even contain 5% of my full (it's all in a/c storage now) library. It's the only image I could find with Echelon (lower right) in it.

that's a pretty sweet collection of old games derek.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Raskolnikov posted:

I like to think with SA it's more like:

Take someone's decency, leave your decency.

Touch the poop, leave some poop.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

It would seem that their purpose is less hating Derek and more protecting some scam but sometimes my massive hateboner leaves me lightheaded and unable to think clearly.

If your hateboner lasts more than 4 hours your should call a Doctor.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I want one of these

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

DapperDon posted:

I tried calling one all kinds of stuff but he blocked me :saddowns:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

That's one image from my old game room (from the old house back in 2008) which didn't even contain 5% of my full (it's all in a/c storage now) library. It's the only image I could find with Echelon (lower right) in it.

Years from now, we're going to have a documentary similar to Kubrick's Boxes, but about Derek's game collection.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

D_Smart posted:

Would you be willing to accept some UEC credits for that copy of Earthsiege 2?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

i see a game called Modem Wars in those images. I don't know what it is and never heard of it but I wanna play it because i want war, over modem.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I want one of these

bioroomba

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I tried calling one all kinds of stuff but he blocked me :saddowns:

You're tedious as gently caress

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

i see a game called Modem Wars in those images. I don't know what it is and never heard of it but I wanna play it because i want war, over modem.

Unfortunately, the game is a side-scrolling brawler about a US Robotics box taking revenge on those evil ZyXELs who stole all the bauds.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Furry Hunter posted:

Would you be willing to accept some UEC credits for that copy of Earthsiege 2?

heh, nope. I only do transactions in JPEGs. And I have about 30K games (all boxed) to trade.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modem_Wars

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The slow transformation from kinda funny guy who needles Derek about his ongoing crusade to equalize Chris on the unfulfilled promises front to kinda creepy guy

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

D_Smart posted:

drat those pictures are like a nostalgia injection. :member::member::member:

Also, I spent a three day weekend two weeks ago installing those same loving rubbermaid shelves in my house.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

I prefer my explanation.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The "you dont understand concept art development" narrative is the dumbest poo poo I've heard from this community in a long time

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So scanning through that thread apparently a citizen says he knows someone who has $1 million invested. Good grief.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

So scanning through that thread apparently a citizen says he knows someone who has $1 million invested. Good grief.

That cannot be right.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Hav posted:

That cannot be right.

maybe it's a tech bro. could be chump change.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

That cannot be right.

Maybe a guy in a track suit who owns a horse.

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
So the weekly newsletter came out and....

Not a lot happened this week but Croberts will be jetsettig throughout Europe.

Oh and they are launching regional servers to the confusion of many people who were led to believe that the game would all be on a single server and everyone would have an epic ping to everyone no matter where in the world people were because Croberts can now transmit data faster than anything. Ever. It's tremendous.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RisingDradisE/status/827631080312279041

Got to spread the load of all those bug reports.

Incoming complaints about the matchmaker being oddly slower.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

unless there's a rage wank at the end of it

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Below - the complete set of bug reports from the last 6 hours.

STOCK PHOTO WATERMARK

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 Login to main menu
2 Visit ArcCorp
3 Enter Cubby Blast
4 Approach gun rack and look for "BEST PRICE- GUARANTEE" logo

ACTUAL RESULT
A watermark for 123RF stock graphics company can be seen in the logo.

EXPECTED RESULT
Watermark should not bee seen. Just want CIG to catch legal problems for this.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/RisingDradisE/status/827631080312279041

Got to spread the load of all those bug reports.

Incoming complaints about the matchmaker being oddly slower.

Glad to hear work is still progressing nicely

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tippis posted:

I prefer my explanation.

:same:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hav posted:

That cannot be right.

It's probably bollocks. That sort of money requires SEC paperwork and all that.

Plus Shitizens lie. Like a LOT.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Below - the complete set of bug reports from the last 6 hours.

STOCK PHOTO WATERMARK

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 Login to main menu
2 Visit ArcCorp
3 Enter Cubby Blast
4 Approach gun rack and look for "BEST PRICE- GUARANTEE" logo

ACTUAL RESULT
A watermark for 123RF stock graphics company can be seen in the logo.

EXPECTED RESULT
Watermark should not bee seen. Just want CIG to catch legal problems for this.

i'm the german whale who commented that it's probably an easter egg