Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zzulu posted:

Brofessors, I need your wisdom

I had surgery today and the doctor said I should reduce carb and fat intake a lot this first week of recovery

What am I supposed to eat?? I can probably cut down on carbs a lot by just going full carnivore and eating lots of meat and poo poo like bacon

Anyone got good ideas?

poo poo I'd just go all bacon. Goons have proven how healthy it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Metanaut posted:

So what's your current pr on [lift]?

Well in 2012 when I was still lifting seriously and my wife hadn't yet thrown my favorite gym shorts in the trash and I had my old job and could actually sleep well at night and could afford to eat steak 5 nights a week and Trump wasn't president and

Was just thinking, maybe we can get all sports records thrown out every few years since people probably won't be able to pull that poo poo off again. Pussies.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Zzulu posted:

Brofessors, I need your wisdom

I had surgery today and the doctor said I should reduce carb and fat intake a lot this first week of recovery

What am I supposed to eat?? I can probably cut down on carbs a lot by just going full carnivore and eating lots of meat and poo poo like bacon

Anyone got good ideas?

I would eat fewer carbs and fat?

What surgery did you have, a hysterectomy?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I removed my brain and replaced it with a computer... now i can calculate my one rep max on the fly whenever and wherever i want :hehe:

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Chicken breast and brocolli. Greek yogurt and protein powder. Egg whites and wheat toast. 96% Lean beef and salsa. Talapia and brown rice with hot sauce.

Literally anything a bodybuilder eats on the last month of a cut.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Zzulu posted:

I removed my brain and replaced it with a computer... now i can calculate my one rep max on the fly whenever and wherever i want :hehe:

The hell you say :eyepop:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Just lol and rofl if you've never passed out while working out

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

E_P posted:

Chicken breast and brocolli. Greek yogurt and protein powder. Egg whites and wheat toast. 96% Lean beef and salsa. Talapia and brown rice with hot sauce.

Literally anything a bodybuilder eats on the last month of a cut.

That dude eats cum and it's less sickening than this poo poo.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FedEx Mercury posted:

That dude eats cum and it's less sickening than this poo poo.

This is why you're fat.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Metanaut posted:

So what's your current pr on [lift]?

Well in 2012 when I was still lifting seriously and my wife hadn't yet thrown my favorite gym shorts in the trash and I had my old job and could actually sleep well at night and could afford to eat steak 5 nights a week and Trump wasn't president and

yeah my lifts were bigly when i was unemployed and slept like it was my job

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Mine too

I can't wait for that minimum income for everyone once the robots are here, gonna get swole as hell

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

ive never passed out but i have thrown up copiously on multiple occasions

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Dum Cumpster posted:

This is why you're fat.

Fat in the right curves

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Only dogs like bones (covered in only muscle.) Real men have a sarcastic smile in the burrito line at chipotle and mutter "cmon man more cheese then that."

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I didn't have any protein powder but I ate a cup of pancake mix, at first just straight by the spoonful and later mixed with a little water to make kind of a sludge.

How will this affect my gains?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
no salami

no gains

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
just added a salami column to my 5/3/1 spreadsheet so i can see scientifically see how much of an impact it has on my gains, if not all of them

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Mine too

I can't wait for that minimum income for everyone once the robots are here, gonna get swole as hell

The minimum income never comes dude. The robots just take your job and you starve to death. The robotic future is a grim one because in the long run it'll turn out that we don't need that many people.

So what I'm saying is get swole now to fight in the great final battle between the upper class robot owners vs. the normal swole as gently caress man.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I'm going to start trying to disassemble a car with nothing but my hands.

Bring it, robots :smug:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

time for some classics:

And some bonus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKduy-sdqig

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 4, 2017

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

a mysterious cloak posted:

I'm going to start trying to disassemble a car with nothing but my hands.

Bring it, robots :smug:

when u can take off some old rusty header bolts with bare hands then u are a real man

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:stare:

http://i.imgur.com/xMjFYfU.mp4

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
That weight's not even a warmup :rolleyes:

Paper Diamonds posted:

The minimum income never comes dude. The robots just take your job and you starve to death. The robotic future is a grim one because in the long run it'll turn out that we don't need that many people.

So what I'm saying is get swole now to fight in the great final battle between the upper class robot owners vs. the normal swole as gently caress man.

I mostly work in automation and I use the money I make to get more swoler :smug: Also I'm already a sentient forklift cyborg :smug: :smug: :smug: (plz don't hack me)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can't wait to transfer my mind into a robot body

then i will finally be.. huge...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
When people starve to deal the rich will have less people to sell their junk to, and robots will be out of work, and that's a whole other mess of trouble coming.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Honestly though, like all good freemium games the world needs a big population of poors for the 1% to function properly.

Investment in bread and protein powder to feed the unwashed masses becomes profitable at a certain point.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
wow squats today felt great, no problems at all

he said as his hips coalesced into giant globs of scar tissue

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

started new cycle of 531
what a stupid loving program
first sets are too loving easy and then you do 5-5-3-3-3 of no weight and then loving kiiiiillll yourself doing 12 reps of DL
gently caress you James Wendler

anyway now I am sore as poo poo
ugh
god i love 531

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

531 only has u doing 3 heavy work sets then your other poo poo

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

yeah 5-3-3 is warmup obviously cause it says so on my super accurate excel chart that I printed out to look like a huge nerd at the gym

and guess what

I do not round the numbers
cause liftin is a science

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I recommend getting one of the apps for your phone instead of fumbling around with a piece of paper like an animal. I use the one by sarasoft, it's pretty decent.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

my 5/3/1 spreadsheet is like 10 pages long with tons of charts and graphs, need to bring a projector and put it up on the wall near where im lifting

and i just did my deadlifts thanks to your motivation

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

nah man I need my a4 filled spreadsheet so everyone knows I am doing science lifting instead of maxing that day
its an ego thing

now eating hummus, wrapped in turkey slices, wrapped in cheese

git good

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

im going to moes to get a bunch of hard tacos and a burrito with their new chili con qeso on everything

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fallows posted:

my 5/3/1 spreadsheet is like 10 pages long with tons of charts and graphs, need to bring a projector and put it up on the wall near where im lifting

and i just did my deadlifts thanks to your motivation

Just lol if you fuken noobs don't take your iPad Pro to the gym

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Just tore the arse out of my last good pair of jeans doing an air squat.

RIP

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well

dont..dont squat in jeans

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Unless you want fancy new holes in your pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

well

dont..dont squat in jeans

I just wanted to warm up my knees leading up to tonight's sesh.

Ended up with a cold arse.