Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rexroom posted:

The past few pages have been good quality banter about microtransactions. Which reminds me of Blizzard's other endeavor: Diablo 3's auction house. So it isn't exactly a new endeavor from them from getting money from gamers.

Blizzard are worse than Bethesda in my eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blizzard and Valve = the devil

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hail satan

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What did Bethesda do?

Aside from continually producing unimaginative broken-rear end games that people on the internet fix for free, I mean.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bethesda is the originator of the contemporary DLC model as we know it today

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Never forget horse armor. It was the beginning of the end.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hate that the term for that stuff is "downloadable content", we could've done better

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

In Training posted:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

In Training posted:

I almost bought the horse armor when it was double price and everything else was half off. Making me laugh that hard was kinda worth the price.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I hate that the term for that stuff is "downloadable content", we could've done better

Season pass is the one I don't like

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i saw siege was coming out with a Year 2 edition. like who cares hahah

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Remember expansion packs? I remember expansion packs.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jay Rust posted:

Dirty Little Contentses

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

oddium posted:

i saw siege was coming out with a Year 2 edition. like who cares hahah

I mean, it's pretty popular so...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Wait until you see what they call the Xbox once the Scorpio comes out.

The Xbox Done

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
PS4 Yeoman

PS4 Apprentice

PS4 Journeyman

*tearfully, but also proud* PS4 Pro

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why didn't you give a thumbs up

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I like to wait until the "Super complete edition with all the stuff you could buy for this game!" version is on sale when I can, so that I don't even know which of the DLC was sold as some kind of $2 paint job and which ones were basically expansion packs.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Captain Invictus posted:

I was more meaning some kind of official product, not a romhack, if possible.

Azure Dreams?

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I just saw a video with one of the new Mass Effects VA's talking about how their character is quirky and goofy, interspersed with some bad looking shots of the game.

Its going to suck isn't it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Professional difficulty in Hitman is real good, the new placement of things is well-thought out. It's definitely much trickier, too.

There isn't any rat poison lying around: if you want to get someone sick, you have to plan ahead. Key items (such as dongles) aren't lying around on tables: a nearby guard probably has it on his person. If you want a disguise, you'll have to get up close and personal: headshots count as "dirtying" their uniform. Having a guard costume doesn't give you free pass to carry a sniper rifle willy-nilly: others will notice that something isn't quite right. Some patrol routes have changed: for example, the private detective in Sapienza won't walk down a deserted alleyway like a moron, you'll have to get ahead of him and find a way to lead him into a vacant bathroom or something. Cameras act as actual eyes now, and can't be ignored, even if you don't care about your score. And there are more guards deployed at crucial junctions.

Overall it requires intimate knowledge of the whole level. It's pretty amazing how much playtime they've managed to bleed out of this game, it's so great!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
At this point I consider it one of the perks of PC gaming that you can use Cheat Engine, trainers, savegame editors, etc. to get around the increasingly bullshit mystery box/gachapon/energy meter padding that games keep adding, even if a few particularly scummy devs are just leaning even harder on always-online to combat it.

Blackfyre posted:

I just saw a video with one of the new Mass Effects VA's talking about how their character is quirky and goofy, interspersed with some bad looking shots of the game.

The game's promotion is doing a terrible job on making to game look interesting, what little gameplay they've shown all looks super floaty and undefined and the characters look incredibly dull since it's mostly just boring humans with bad haircuts and muppet faces.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

The game's promotion is doing a terrible job on making to game look interesting, what little gameplay they've shown all looks super floaty and undefined and the characters look incredibly dull since it's mostly just boring humans with bad haircuts and muppet faces.

So it's a Mass Effect game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Blackfyre posted:

Really, when were you expecting anything else out of this franchise?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

http://i.imgur.com/fbFwEej.gifv

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/willoneill/status/827710584183463937

uh oh

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

chumbler posted:

So it's a Mass Effect game.

Even at its sloppiest in ME1 the original trilogy was at the very least a competent cover shooter than whatever it is they're going for with Andromeda. Also the fact that they're obviously trying so hard to be diverse and inclusive with the human characters this time around just makes them being so boring-looking that much worse.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Even at its sloppiest in ME1 the original trilogy was at the very least a competent cover shooter than whatever it is they're going for with Andromeda. Also the fact that they're obviously trying so hard to be diverse and inclusive with the human characters this time around just makes them being so boring-looking that much worse.

Being inclusive isn't bad

But who here played Mass Effect for the human characters? Anyone?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:sweatdrop:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Help Im Alive posted:

Why didn't you give a thumbs up

I didn't take the screenshot, believe me I would've.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

watch out gamers, this one might be TOO difficult !

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sometimes I whistle Zelda's lullaby to my bird and he gets so happy he puffs up bigger than Kaepora Gaebora

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

Competent is a strong word to use for Mass Effect 1.

And like others have said, being inclusive is a fine thing, it's just Bioware does it very poorly because it's Bioware.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lets hang out posted:

watch out gamers, this one might be TOO difficult !
me, intellectual gamer, enjoying a hidden object game on 'casual' difficulty in opulent mansion: well. Have fun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A few months ago, someone posted a neat Sonic song, it was real fast-paced and kinda jazzy. People seemed to like it. I remember it having some kickass drums, and maybe some pronounced piano riffs

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Could anyone repost it? I don't remember from which level, which game, which console generation it came from... but it was Sonic for sure

The YouTube video might've had a white or grey background. I don't know much else.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Azop8fALfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m64iK733ZNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYW7-hNXZlM

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No no no all wrong

It was closest to the top one, Sonic Generations, so I'll just start researching based on that, thank you

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zYH0dlRcVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmN4h4lKwPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvavclgsp9k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I think you're thinking of a track posted from the new one, Sonic Mania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio