Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

M_Sinistrari posted:

Datamined info's starting to hit the usual sites. Not sure which one's considered more reliable than the others.

We might be seeing the return of Malgus.

Isn't he extremely dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

sassassin posted:

Isn't he extremely dead?

False Emperor nowadays you just straight up defeat him, back in the day you had to knock him of the mezzanine to finish the fight so technically you never saw him die. :v:

There is also a frozen-carbonite-version of him that has so far not been used that was added to the game files with 5.0.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

I'll spoil despite it being HEAVY speculation (okay and well some actual confirmed stuff) they think that based on some dialogue on Iokath that mentions a betrayer. Before you get too worked up, don't forget that the two confirmed companions returning are Elaara and Quinn, both of whom are betrayers.

Would be pretty tits though.

Whoa, they're bringing Kreia back? That'll make some people in the thread pretty happy!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nipponophile posted:

Whoa, they're bringing Kreia back? That'll make some people in the thread pretty happy!

We miss you papa come home

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I'm not going to play the game if no one else is playing. Duh.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Nipponophile posted:

I'm sorry I play at odd hours. :cry: I'll definitely be on more this weekend.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
In fairness, there's very little chance of me playing even if someone else is playing.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I just heard ESO has a Morrowind expansion coming up and it's making me no joke consider playing it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

In fairness, there's very little chance of me playing even if someone else is playing.

PvP is fun, but everything else is rough. The Galactic Command system is just super bag. They've made small updates to make it better and supposedly more are on the way but yeah, it's tough.

It's a shame too, because you quit when mercs finally get their day in the sun as the FOTM.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

SWTOR is the third party president of MMOs

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh hey, some actually really good changes to CXP incoming! Link here as formatting is bad

Most importantly - "All CXP Packs that you earn from drops and Missions are now Bind on Legacy.
This change is to help a player distribute CXP around their Legacy if they choose to do so."

Eric Musco posted:

Hey folks,

As I mentioned earlier this week, we have quite a few changes planned for gearing over the next few Updates. Let’s go over what they are, when they are happening, and why!

Game Update 5.1.1 – Coming February 7th
All Command Experience Points (CXP) gains, CXP Boosts, and CXP Legacy Perks are now additive instead of multiplicative.
This change is being made to setup for the greatly increased CXP gains that are possible in 5.1.1 (if you love math click the spoiler tag below for what this means in greater detail)
New CXP leveling event. This event will run until Game Update 5.2 in April. During this event all CXP earned will be increased by 250%.
The goal is that you will earn one crate every 30 minutes or less. The 30 minute time-frame is for a Tier 3 crate (meaning 1 and 2 will be even faster).
All CXP Packs that you earn from drops and Missions are now Bind on Legacy.
This change is to help a player distribute CXP around their Legacy if they choose to do so.
We are introducing a new 100% CXP boost in addition to the existing 15% and 25% boosts. This boost can be purchased from the Command Token vendor or the Cartel Market. This boost only works up to Command Rank 180 and lasts 2 hours (Command Tokens) or 3 hours (Cartel Market).
The goal of selling this boost for Command Tokens is that it allows higher Command Rank players to use their Tokens to greatly accelerate leveling their alts (you can also buy them on the CM or GTN).

Game Update 5.1.2 – Coming February 28th
We will be rebalancing the CXP rewards you earn from Operations. Boss kills will now award more CXP than they did previously. The Operations Weekly has had its CXP reward greatly increased.
Operations CXP rewards are below where we would like them to be and so we are increasing their CXP value from both gameplay and Missions.
Group Finder Daily CXP Rewards are being added. Completing the Daily Group Finder Bonus will award you with a bonus CXP Pack.
We wanted to ensure there were great CXP incentives to participating in Group Finder. By making it a CXP Pack it has the added bonus of being Bind on Legacy so you can use it on whatever character you would like.
The completion Mission for Flashpoints have had their CXP values greatly increased.
Flashpoint CXP rewards are also below where we would like them be to and so we have added a much larger CXP bonus for completing their respective Missions.
The Flashpoint and Uprising Weekly Missions have had their CXP rewards increased.
Our goal is to really encourage players to play multiple types of content for the best rewards. We want to encourage playing a diverse set of content, not a singular activity (although you can always still do that if you prefer)
The PvP Daily and Weekly Missions now reward a batch of Unassembled Components.
This is one of the changes we are making to help players in getting Unassembled Components faster. It also incentivizes dabbling into PvP often.
We have increased the Unassembled Components that are awarded to players after completing Ranked and Unranked Warzones.
Not only did we want to reward playing Warzones through Missions, but we also wanted to ensure that those of you who play primarily Warzones each day could work towards purchasing gear quicker.

In the future
Unassembled Components and Legacy. We understand your Legacy is important to you and we agree with that, we are looking at ways to address that in the future.

These are all of the changes you can expect in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 for Galactic Command. As you can see there is a lot happening and we want to hear what you think. As we go through these updates we will continue to monitor feedback and data to see what other adjustments may need to be made!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That all looks very, very good. There'll still be whining about it though.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Aleth posted:

Wouldn't be a MMO if there wasn't

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Aleth posted:

I looked at the thread on the o forums, so can confirm.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Player: "YOUR GAME HAS PROBLEMS"

Devs: "Thank you for your feedback, we've addressed the problem"

Player: "HOW DARE YOU INVALIDATE ALL THE HOURS I SPENT PLAYING YOUR PROBLEMATIC GAME, THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Yep, people are still upset about the RNG aspect, which I get - but ultimately, the whole concept behind GC was to allow for people to gear in ways other than raiding or PvP (which, of course, means you don't NEED gear but hey, that's a thoroughly beaten dead horse).

I'm good with the changes. :)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Yep, people are still upset about the RNG aspect, which I get - but ultimately, the whole concept behind GC was to allow for people to gear in ways other than raiding or PvP (which, of course, means you don't NEED gear but hey, that's a thoroughly beaten dead horse).

I'm good with the changes. :)

See, as someone who doesn't really raid before this I was never going to see 'endgame' gear so it seems to me to be a good thing that I can now grind it by doing anything in the game.

Edit:

Seeing as we have so few entries for the Valentines contest I figured maybe you all need a little inspiration? Perhaps a few suggested destinations to spice up your space-marriages or whathaveyous.

Perhaps a steamy relaxing session in the Command Deck Spa with a special someone?

No? What about taking your beloved robot out to find that perfect sexdrive motor they've been asking for?

A pleasant dip in the sea on Rishi?

Go on, treat yourself, and maybe your favourite companion.

Win prizes.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 3, 2017

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
stupid sexy skadge

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kaysette posted:

stupid sexy skadge

It's a special kind of love...

Relax...get to it...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Oh my.

patb01
Jul 4, 2008
You can just hear Skadge whispering, "The struggling makes it sweeter."

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

CeeCee posted:

I looked at the thread on the o forums, so can confirm.

If I've learned anything from the forums there, it's there will always be people raging a fit regardless of what Bioware decides to add or not add to the game. They could add boob sliders to the character creation screen and there'd be people upset that they don't go large enough or that they stretch out the slave/dancer bikinis too much.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Medullah posted:

It's a special kind of love...

Relax...get to it...

:eyepop:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Hey hot Hutts and non-Hutts (pref. Hutts), I may be a Republic Commando, but any of you can Commando my heart

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Updated:

Aleth posted:

:love::love::love: Oh look, it's time for ANOTHER CONTEST! :love::love::love:

Medullah wants to unload some poo poo from the bank so for those of you who haven't noticed the guild motd he wants to see your best Space-Valentine costume! Bonus points for effective set dressing. Alternatively maybe you hate Valentines? Feel free to express your utter lack of a lovelife distaste for this shameless attempt to cash in on romance and promotion of immorality by dressing with appropriate modesty and instead show off your own personal snub to the smug cherub bastard!

:love:Prizes!:love:
Whatever is left in/donated to the memorial vault. Last check this included numerous companion handler licenses, various mounts and the best regen item in the game!

:love:Deadline!:love:
TBA, probably Valentines day though!

:love:Entries!:love:

M_Sinistrari

RescueFreak

Autism Sneaks

Sombrerotron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUipryVhesc

:love:BONUS SEXY SKADGE!:love:

\/ Hot drat.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 4, 2017

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Aleth posted:

You can enter just fine and if you win a second fabulous prize it might just encourage some of the other layabouts to enter next time!
Good news!

Aleth posted:

dressing with appropriate modesty
Nailed it

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Perhaps instead of contests we could save everbody some time and just give stuff to Sombrerotron in exchange for videos?

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
I think we have our winner already.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

CeeCee posted:

Amazing

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron, that video was so hot it knocked out the power on my entire block. As I was watching it I heard a giant bang and everything shut off. drat son.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Sombrerotron, that video was so hot it knocked out the power on my entire block. As I was watching it I heard a giant bang and everything shut off. drat son.

Too sexy for your grid.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Bilirubin posted:

Too sexy for your grid.

Too sexy by far.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

CeeCee posted:

Fortunately we have plenty of prizes so even if Sombrerotron does win it'll still be worth entering!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Alright Legacy, we have another contest to enter! Which one of you lovely ladies wishes to be our February pinup model? Maybe get a nice new dancers outfit?

Consular: Attachment leads to loss.
JK: I'm too busy saving the universe!
SW: No.
Agent: The only red I wish to see is your blood painting my walls.

....ooooookay then, I'll put you down for "no". Commando?

Commando: Whatever made you think I would be interested in modeling in skimpy clothes?

Well, I guess that's it then, because we can't ask the Smugg...

Smuggler: TA DA! Hello ladies. How are you? That sounds great. I'm on a horse.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Huh, I didn't notice at first - the upcoming GCXP 250% boost also includes regular XP. So, if you've got alts you need to level, I think this is going to be the biggest XP boost we've ever seen in the game.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

Well, I guess that's it then, because we can't ask the Smugg...

Smuggler: TA DA! Hello ladies. How are you? That sounds great. I'm on a horse.

Had my male Smuggler been on JC, I probably would've done an assortment of shots like this. For some reason he's just more photogenic out of my roster.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Medullah posted:

Huh, I didn't notice at first - the upcoming GCXP 250% boost also includes regular XP. So, if you've got alts you need to level, I think this is going to be the biggest XP boost we've ever seen in the game.

I'm playing through for the first time since launch and started over with a Smuggler (had a BH to 50 before). I keep outlevelling the planets as it is, should I just give up on all the planet storylines and just do the class story line and the odd heroic +2s for gear with this boost?

I know i'll lose out on a bunch of cash and companion influence, but given i'm already getting downlevelled a bunch as I go, it seems as if trying to keep up with that is just wasting time with that xp boost.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Updated:

Aleth posted:

:love::love::love: Oh look, it's time for ANOTHER CONTEST! :love::love::love:

Medullah wants to unload some poo poo from the bank so for those of you who haven't noticed the guild motd he wants to see your best Space-Valentine costume! Bonus points for effective set dressing. Alternatively maybe you hate Valentines? Feel free to express your utter lack of a lovelife distaste for this shameless attempt to cash in on romance and promotion of immorality by dressing with appropriate modesty and instead show off your own personal snub to the smug cherub bastard!

:love:Prizes!:love:
Whatever is left in/donated to the memorial vault. Last check this included numerous companion handler licenses, various mounts and the best regen item in the game!

:love:Deadline!:love:
TBA, probably Valentines day though!

:love:Entries!:love:

M_Sinistrari

RescueFreak

Autism Sneaks

Sombrerotron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUipryVhesc

Bilirubin

:love:BONUS SEXY SKADGE!:love:

Five entries so far; can YOU be our sixth and win some fabulous prizes?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

PST posted:

I'm playing through for the first time since launch and started over with a Smuggler (had a BH to 50 before). I keep outlevelling the planets as it is, should I just give up on all the planet storylines and just do the class story line and the odd heroic +2s for gear with this boost?

I know i'll lose out on a bunch of cash and companion influence, but given i'm already getting downlevelled a bunch as I go, it seems as if trying to keep up with that is just wasting time with that xp boost.

If you haven't ever done the planetary storylines I recommend doing them at least once. Being over leveled isn't a big deal, you get level syncd down to the planets level so you'll always be getting XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Medullah posted:

If you haven't ever done the planetary storylines I recommend doing them at least once. Being over leveled isn't a big deal, you get level syncd down to the planets level so you'll always be getting XP.

Cheers for that, i'll keep grinding through them then.

As an aside, I have a bit under 3k cartel coins. Is there anything I should be buying to sell on the GTN on Jedi Covenant (as writing 'this server' doesn't help) as i'm not yet ready to go full space barbie until i get bored, throw all my money into it and then inevitably stop playing (which is of course the goon mmo cycle).

PST fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Feb 6, 2017

• Locked thread