Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

MikeCrotch posted:

The Chapter Approved stories were always that the Emperor was a big rear end dude but still in the realm of human proportions. Like in the Salamanders one Vulkan and the Emps take part in a regular human feat of strength contest to see if the Emperor can convince Vulkan to come with him (eventually he sucker punches Vulkan with a power fist lol)

Yeah, he was supposedly about the same size as Leman Russ as well, because the crazy furry out ate him, out drank him, and was laying a beating on him before Emps resorted to sucker punching him with a power fist as well.

That's apparently a thing the Emperor was big on. Sucker punches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

spectralent posted:

I feel like FFG did a decent job but of course they got fired, so :shrug:

It seems more like they violated their agreement with GW, which led to the relationship breaking down

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think the Horus Heresy books usually describe the Primarchs as being as big to regular marines as marines are to regular humans.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

TheChirurgeon posted:

It seems more like they violated their agreement with GW, which led to the relationship breaking down

I'm not sure that's been substantiated but it really doesn't change the fact FFG have been doing a better job with lore than GW's managed in probably a decade.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

spectralent posted:

I'm not sure that's been substantiated but it really doesn't change the fact FFG have been doing a better job with lore than GW's managed in probably a decade.

Yeah, probably.

Not gonna miss Talisman, though. gently caress that garbage game

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I confess Papa Smurf coming back and being all "What the gently caress have you done?" is an idea I quite like.

I fully expect them to gently caress it up.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skinty McEdger posted:

I confess Papa Smurf coming back and being all "What the gently caress have you done?" is an idea I quite like.

I fully expect them to gently caress it up.

First there was the Horus Heresy, now there is the Guilliman Schism!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
The problem with that Primarch model is that it looks like an attempt at making a Space Marine have realistic proportions and when a Space Marine has realistic proportions they look freaky as gently caress.

Didn't the Primarch of the White Scars ride a tank like a horse? That would imply he was pretty loving big.

Also, my 10 month old plays with a 5L water bottle as his favorite toy and an Israeli "cosmetics dealer" approached us today to suggest that he pursue a career in "private security". Is my kid a Primarch?

Atlas Hugged fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 4, 2017

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Where's the alliteration, though? I propose Guilliman Garbage.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Flipswitch posted:

I think they would look better as normal sized guys fighting big gently caress off demons and poo poo, makes them look that much cooler

oh god why am I even thinking about 40k fluff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHsj5y8UL8

This is what sold me on 40k back in 2005.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Ashcans posted:

^^^ IIRC, the Emperor is supposed to be around from the dawn of civilization, because the threat of the warp emerged when people stopped basically living as nomadic hunter/gatherers and started getting time to think up inventive ways to gently caress stuff/murder people/scheme, so his arrival is basically at the dawn of 'history'.

Making the Primarchs big monster dudes is also kind of lame because I thought narratively that was the point of the ones that turned to Chaos and became Daemon Princes. Daemon Magnus is a huge fuckoff dude, but it's because he explicitly abandoned his humanity to pursue his own aggrandizement and it's reflected literally in his enormous, monstrous form. Whereas the Primarchs that didn't turn and remained loyal to humanity retained their essentially human stature. I also thought that was the point of the loyal primarchs being dead/lost, because choosing humanity also meant accepting mortal limits and, ultimately, to die as a man. The primarchs who turn may gain immortality, but it came at the price of their own identity, so they remain in the story but only as puppets and tools of the Chaos powers, not as free individuals. It was also what made Abaddon remotely interesting, because he was someone with the power and stature to have taken that deal, but he refused it because he wanted to retain his independence to pursue his own goals.

But I guess now the primarchs are all back and huge rad dudes and that's supposed to be awesome because we can mash them against the chaos ones in the middle of the board.

The Primarchs have been huge dudes for at least as long as I can remember - the space marines have always been inferior copies of them. The only exception was alpharius/omegon who were about the same size as the rest of their legion or their whole schtick wouldn't work.

E: and wasn;t the Emperor supposed to have been literally jesus, mohammmed, and genghis khan among a whole bunch of other key historical figures?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

thespaceinvader posted:

E: and wasn;t the Emperor supposed to have been literally jesus, mohammmed, and genghis khan among a whole bunch of other key historical figures?

I'm sure GW never claimed this. But they did heavily imply it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cinnamon Bear posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHsj5y8UL8

This is what sold me on 40k back in 2005.
Too bad DoW3 is going to have none of that charm. It's going to be bad. :smith:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Age of Mary Sue

I'm "STUNNING AGE OF SIGMAR ARMIES CLASH IN BATTLE"

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just want Rowboat Girlyman? Too bad! Have him in a special package with 2 other shits! Double the price!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Robootay Bugaloo

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Abbadon Attacks!

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

Chill la Chill posted:

The T H I C C calves and puny thighs on what I assume is Guilliman is really throwing me off. :psyduck:

In the dark future there is only upper body workout days.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Moola posted:

Abbadon Attacks!

A proper 90's GW board game title.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
friendly reminder that GW makes very bad products at extremely inflated prices

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

LordAba posted:

Just want Rowboat Girlyman? Too bad! Have him in a special package with 2 other shits! Double the price!
if you want this boring twat you deserve to be taxed. :colbert:

all ultramarine purchases should be bundled with something totally unrelated, both to drive the price up and tempt the buyer away from their path of mediocrity.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
*GW dumping mounds and mounds of raw sewage directly in the mouth of fans*

PLEASE GIVE ME MORE DADDY!!!

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Moola posted:

*GW dumping mounds and mounds of raw sewage directly in the mouth of fans*

PLEASE GIVE ME MORE DADDY!!!

GW fan: *drinking sewage* how can we convince GW to give us ice cream instead of sewage
everyone else: you could stop drinking sewage
GW fan: *drinks more sewage*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I understand the criticisms of the Rouboute model, but everyone seems to agree the new Cypher is cool. Maybe some GW models are good and some are bad?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

I understand the criticisms of the Rouboute model, but everyone seems to agree the new Cypher is cool. Maybe some GW models are good and some are bad?

The best part is how nobody will want all the models that are in the box. Hope you and two friends all happen to play some combination of dangles, GK and ultras.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Not everything GW produce is bad. Most of it is bad. All of it is overpriced.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Does anyone not expect Guilliman, and any other returning loyalist Primarchs, to vigorously suck the ideological dick of the fascist theocracy that the Imperium has become?

At the very outside I might see there being some sort of lip service to tension or internal conflict before going 'well, the ends justify the means' but if I'm being honest I don't expect even that.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

GW fan: *drinking sewage* how can we convince GW to give us ice cream instead of sewage
everyone else: you could stop drinking sewage
GW fan: *drinks more sewage*

Sisters players, are you ready for the new sisters!
"Yeah"
Well too bad because we just rereleased the old pdf rules but took out Saint Celestine.
"Boo"
But hey! Buy our new campaign book and you get new rules for Saint Celestine!
"Yeah?"
We will even have a new model for it.
"Plastic sisters great"
But it will only be Saint Celestine and it will be bundled in with some other poo poo characters you probably don't want.
"..."

OR

"I love the rich fluff of the universe and no other game system has the deep rich background of 40k" - someone who ignores 95% of his codex to field the most unbalanced formations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
"The toppings are also cursed"

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

all things are bad and uncool

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moola posted:

all things are bad and uncool

I take it you haven't been watching Saga of Tanya the Evil.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
no

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New Eldar up for pre-order. And by 'new' i mean, "poo poo we've had lying around from 1990 to now!"
They have the jetbike kit up on their pre-order page, as well as a Vyper squadron kit. Three of the same, old, out dated Vypers that should have been brought in line ages ago.
You have the formations, which we already had some idea of which, again, is just whatever they could slap together and then, you have the Triumvirate box, for 125 Aussie fun-bux.

Whee!

SERIOUSLY! THE loving CLOWNS GOT A VENOM/VYPER THING BEFORE THE VYPER GOT AN UPDATE! WHERE'S THE loving SENSE IN THAT GW!??!?!??!?/1?1/11

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
What's wrong the Vyper? It still looks like an OK kit to me?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

75 bucks for 3 to start off

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's more that, if you placed it next to a venom or the harlequin whatsit, you can see its age. I just want it freshened up, as well as making the heavy weapon mount interchangeable between the War Walkers and Heavy Weapon Platforms.

Also, plastic Aspects when?

Irate Tree fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 5, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Vyper uses the ring mount like the Wave Serpent, while War Walkers and HWPs use the slot mount. Seems pretty stupid when the weapons are otherwise all the same.

Irate Tree posted:

Also, plastic Aspects when?

lol never. Aspects are gonna get squatted, just you watch.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

NTRabbit posted:

Vyper uses the ring mount like the Wave Serpent, while War Walkers and HWPs use the slot mount. Seems pretty stupid when the weapons are otherwise all the same.

lol never. Aspects are gonna get squatted, just you watch.

The cries of the Dire Avenger spammers will feed me as I watch more and more of 40K die in the fires that seem to be coming out of Mr. Goatsce's rear end. Its that kind of fire. Not even a car or dumpster. The Goatman's gaping rear end in a top hat. That is where the fires of GW are at. Like its loving Trump Administration levels. Only you know, its nerd games and doesn't really loving matter to anyone no matter what they actually think. Kinda like Sports if you don't work in that industry.

(I only have 1 DA squad and I havent loving played 40K at all since 5th ed so gently caress it. Ruin it all GW. Destroy a game I once called THE GAME I LOVE. DO IT BITCHES. BURN IT ALL. Ill watch the fanboys come up with new and hilarious excuses of why your latest stupid thing is in fact good and not bugfuck stupid. I mean Yall already made CSM and Nids rear end. I was lucky enough to get rid of Tau and Orks when I saw the writings on the wall. My IG are mostly AT43 figures which is a better game on its worst day than 40K has been in years...)

Course I have been griping about stupid new poo poo since 3rd edition appeared that JUST DOESNT BELONG IN 40K MAAAAAN so I might be in the wrong about all the idiotic poo poo and ever expanding size of games. Id play the gently caress out of a revamped Final Liberation though. That was extremely my poo poo. Even without an Ork campaign. Though Armageddon eventually released one because who doesn't want to play as someone other than Imperials in these games?. Because Slitherine knows what I want.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The goat man is a chill and good person. Please do not insinuate his rear end is also anything but(t).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I'm skimming the new fluff and how Cadia's destroyed and whatnot. Why are a puritan inquisitor and a Sister of Battle just cool about hanging out wth and trusting eldar?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 5, 2017

• Locked thread