Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

When u really need crack...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It's free on Amazon Prime streaming.

Not in Canada :downsgun:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Secretly hoping they treat the Cibola Burn arc for The Expanse like HBO treated Books 4 and 5. Glossing over that poo poo in like 2 episodes and moving the gently caress on.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

trip report: very good. super happy to see michael keaton made his comeback, he was gone too long after the batman bullshit

Skipped the trailer so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was good.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
today i learned that searching "chef's table" on Amazon isn't exactly what you think!

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Bolow posted:

Secretly hoping they treat the Cibola Burn arc for The Expanse like HBO treated Books 4 and 5. Glossing over that poo poo in like 2 episodes and moving the gently caress on.

I really, really liked Leviathan's Wake but thought the books went downhill from there pretty quickly. I gave up after Abaddon's Gate. I'm hoping the rest of the books translate better into a tv show format because season 1 was awesome.

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 4, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bolow posted:

Was Cibola Burn the alien planet with the killer worms? If so that was easily the worst book in the series.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
gently caress man our roads had just gotten cleared from all the snow in december, early january. Last night it dumped easily a foot of snow again. UGH I'm sick of this poo poo, gonna buy a snow blower soon. My neighbors have been really super helpful and nice with theirs and helping me do my driveway and sidewalk. As soon as I buy one it will probably never snow again, but if that's the case then I'll still be happy that my bad luck in such things warded off more snow.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

gently caress man our roads had just gotten cleared from all the snow in december, early january. Last night it dumped easily a foot of snow again. UGH I'm sick of this poo poo, gonna buy a snow blower soon. My neighbors have been really super helpful and nice with theirs and helping me do my driveway and sidewalk. As soon as I buy one it will probably never snow again, but if that's the case then I'll still be happy that my bad luck in such things warded off more snow.

I got about an inch two nights ago. First snow since December. So pretty!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Neighbor dude was saying we've gotten like 70 or 80 inches overall this winter. gently caress my life

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dude I work with lives up in the mountains, he's probably had five feet of snow this winter, at least. We've had about six inches cumulative all winter at my place.

It's 60*F out today so Frank and I are going to the dog park in a bit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Neighbor dude was saying we've gotten like 70 or 80 inches overall this winter. gently caress my life

we've gotten like 7 or 8 inches total :(

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Dude I work with lives up in the mountains, he's probably had five feet of snow this winter, at least. We've had about six inches cumulative all winter at my place.

It's 60*F out today so Frank and I are going to the dog park in a bit.

yea its been pretty snow free in the denver metro area. last winter was a lot worse

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. I'd heard tell of the snow accumulations in the Springs aren't that impressive, generally. Obviously it's worse up in Woodland Park and Cripple Creek, but the most I've seen at once this winter is three inches.

Then again, I also hear that March/April are the worse snow months for the Springs up to Wyoming, so who the gently caress knows?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
in a bit i'm going to risk my life to drive to a gas station for my bad habits :(

cigarettes, beer, caffeine

The stuff that happens in the bathroom is just a bonus I swear, it's actually a good cool social habit

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Yeah. I'd heard tell of the snow accumulations in the Springs aren't that impressive, generally. Obviously it's worse up in Woodland Park and Cripple Creek, but the most I've seen at once this winter is three inches.

Then again, I also hear that March/April are the worse snow months for the Springs up to Wyoming, so who the gently caress knows?

Yeah, snow should start picking up towards the end of the month. Nov-Dec were a little drier than normal, but late winter/spring snow typically makes up for it. Honestly, what we get doesn't matter as much as what hits the mountains, which have had tons of snow so far.
I could do without another ice storm though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If trends continue here in the valley, we will have snow right before spring break.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

my favorite are the parting snow storms in early/mid may

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bengy81 posted:

Yeah, snow should start picking up towards the end of the month. Nov-Dec were a little drier than normal, but late winter/spring snow typically makes up for it. Honestly, what we get doesn't matter as much as what hits the mountains, which have had tons of snow so far.
I could do without another ice storm though.

Well poo poo.

Actually, I don't mind the snow so much now. We get tons of sunlight since we're around 6000' elevation here, so it's not going to be sticking around for weeks under the clouds.

Pretty manageable winter so far though, 4/5, would winter again.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The first time someone told me Flagstaff had "monsoon season", I was like "you hella dumb, Flagstaff does not have monsoon season".

Then, come one beautiful day in July, I left my apartment, looked at the horizon and went "motherfuck" :stare:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I know the wet season is coming, but it's worth it to look at Pike's Peak every day. There will be poo poo days, but the 300 odd days of sunlight we get a year here more than makes up for it.

I'm seriously looking into taking a few days off work and going up Barr Trail with Frank this summer. Probably around early August.

Colorado is goddamn amazing, why in the gently caress did it take me so long to realize that and move here?

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
When I lived in Colorado Springs I was always sad on that day in June when the last visible speck of snow disappeared from Pike's Peak.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My big beef with the weather is that it makes it loving impossible to plan a garden. Like, I should be starting stuff like cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower in the next few weeks to transplant at the end of March, and it's always a gamble if you are gonna be able to get out and cover the poo poo in time for the snow or hail. I think last year we didn't get any snow after the first week of May, but the year before we had snow right into the first week of June.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It was 25 today. I think snowfall in my area of NoVA has been under an inch for the whole season.

I don't even know anymore.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i like it when colbert goes deep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ZOwNK6n9U

old one but it goes on a weird tangent which makes me really happy he has the freedom to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-mGCeS0CFM

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I know the wet season is coming, but it's worth it to look at Pike's Peak every day. There will be poo poo days, but the 300 odd days of sunlight we get a year here more than makes up for it.

Same here, that's one of the main things I'm going to miss so much when i leave. Even the lovely days are nicer than most days back home. During my 3 weeks in Germany over the winter break, I saw the sun a grand total of five times.

Like, visually perceived the sun in the sky with mine own eyes. Five loving times in 22 days.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

idk that i could ever give up winter

its so ingrained into me that to not have seasons weirds me the gently caress out

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Dadchat, lil beanie wants to camp out so we're doing a dry run tonight. Roasting hotdogs, making s'mores, telling ghost stories & sleeping in the great outdoors backyard.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Haha, your wife kicked you out. Please post a photo of you on your knees crying and begging for forgiveness "I CAN CHANGE" while the rain pours on you at 3AM

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Mother gently caress it must be like winter goddamn formal or something cause there's about 70 teenagers in tuxes and gowns pregaming on the other side of my fence 🙄

lil bean is still enjoying himself through the blaring country music

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Mother gently caress it must be like winter goddamn formal or something cause there's about 70 teenagers in tuxes and gowns pregaming on the other side of my fence 🙄

lil bean is still enjoying himself through the blaring country music

Kill them all now, it's clear they don't have futures.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
This is the part where you teach him about one of the many uses of the garden hose.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

This is the part where you teach him about one of the many uses of the garden hose.
And I don't mean hosing them down.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I just launched a flaming marshmallow over the fence like that siege engine in the two towers.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Took the cover off my grill after the move. The grate is a rusted AF mess and I'm tempted to toss it and buy a new one. It's not as bad as, say, a public park grill that looks like it was made of iron and never looked at again, but it's bad. I used a grill daddy to scrub off old poo poo and some of the rust, then coated it in restaurant grade peanut oil while it was still warm. I'll look at it tomorrow when the sun is up, as I did this after the sun was down and I couldn't tell if the rust was gone.

How about it dads, is grilling on a mildly corroded grate a problem?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
rust never hurt anyone!

Try some solvents and steel wool and put a bit of elbow grease, then oil it up again. You could probably try sanding it with something like this. If it's iron I'd imagine it would take a lot for that to be rusted as to not be salvageable. If it's the little wire dudes or that really thin stamped metal then yeah just replace that poo poo.

Grill brushes are good for cleaning poo poo that food leaves on the grate, not so much rust itself though, in my experience.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 5, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
my favorite thai place closed end of last year so tonight i took a stab at making their green curry. i got pretty close, need more coriander

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, if it's cast iron you can basically hit it with anything.

If something looks nasty I usually heat it up and hit it with steel wool and salt, with just a touch of vegetable oil for basically lube.

After that you can do the same thing with sand. After that you can start getting really creative and using random poo poo around the house like orbital sanders and poo poo.

And failing that you can use a wire head on an angle grinder and if that doesn't sort it out well you should stop deep sea salvaging barbecue grills.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I've used CLP on my grill before, oorah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Don't use steel wool. That poo poo will end up in your food.

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/grill_grate_cleaning.html

• Locked thread