Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Well, I finally found the elevator to Father Gascoigne, which, I think, wasn't even a shortcut I opened? Like it was just there the whole time? Anyway, he's still kicking my rear end once he gets to the Werewolf phase, but the first two phases, with dueling bullet timing, is loving badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I also like the saw weapon you can find from one of the hanging corpses as kind of a cool axe backup, but I'm not sure I have the resources to commit to keeping it up with the axe yet. It takes 8 bloodstones for the next axe improvement and I'm at 7, so I think I'd rather improve that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yes, the fastest path from the lantern to Papa G is through the shortcut gate and past the trolls to the elevator. I spent a lot of time farming blood vials and practicing my parries on those trolls too

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes, the fastest path from the lantern to Papa G is through the shortcut gate and past the trolls to the elevator. I spent a lot of time farming blood vials and practicing my parries on those trolls too

I like that you fight three brick troll dudes along the way, because they used to scare me and now I feel pretty confident fighting two of them at the same time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I just got through a week from hell, but fortunately I've had Dragon Quest 5 to get me through it.
:rip: Pankraz, you were kind of a lovely dad but you didn't deserve to go out like you did.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I like that you fight three brick troll dudes along the way, because they used to scare me and now I feel pretty confident fighting two of them at the same time.

The entire game is a steady ramp like this and when you've beaten it three or four times and know the parry windows and patterns on every enemy you feel like Neo

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

It's probably something like they don't realise there are buttons on the controller to attack + block

It'll just be Polygon Plays DOOM all over again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So did RE7 turn out good? It looks good.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Nioh will probably have a rockier difficulty curve than Dark Souls due to the loot treadmill but that's fine by me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would buy Nioh if it had a retarded piss baby mode. I don't like difficult games.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

devtesla posted:

Now enjoy Road To Gehenna it's even better.

Help Im Alive posted:

I managed to get through the talos principle fairly smoothly without looking up any solutions (except for some of the stars) but some of the puzzles in the DLC were way too much for my tiny broken brain

I'm planning to pick up Road to Gehenna next time it's on sale, but I'm concerned about the difficulty of the puzzles because I got like one star and wasn't interested in that weird out of the box style puzzling, so...uh. How much of Gehenna will I spend with a walkthrough video open so I can experience the plot?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

I said come in! posted:

I would buy Nioh if it had a retarded piss baby mode. I don't like difficult games.

Actually the game does have a co-op mode

VVV: I got two days to finish Yakuza 0 in time and I'm only on chapter 8 out of 15 or something

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nioh looks cool but my backlog is getting out of control at the moment and I'm gonna take February to make a dent before Nier and Persona get in the way of me playing anything else (other than occasionally Overwatch) for awhile.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I cant loving wait for Nier Automata.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm still sort of in shock that it's actually a game that's going to exist. A Taro Yoko with the mechanics taken care of by Platinum is like some sort of thing I would wish would happen but would never actually happen. Hopefully this will be just as good as I'm hoping (unlike the last time that happened when arcsys made a fighting game out of Persona, which wasn't bad but couldn't possibly live up to how good that concept was)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

I cant loving wait for Nier Automata.

I hope my friend 2B has a fun adventure with a happy ending.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'm still sort of in shock that it's actually a game that's going to exist. A Taro Yoko with the mechanics taken care of by Platinum is like some sort of thing I would wish would happen but would never actually happen. Hopefully this will be just as good as I'm hoping (unlike the last time that happened when arcsys made a fighting game out of Persona, which wasn't bad but couldn't possibly live up to how good that concept was)

Uhhh Persona 4 Arena is awesome.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

I hope my friend 2B has a fun adventure with a happy ending.

Reminder: Taro Yoko considered Nier's plot to be not all that depressing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I probably like it more than I should because it was the game that tricked me into liking fighting games and now FGs are probably my favorite genre but P4A and U are cool (even if the shadow versions were kind of a dumb gimmick) and I bet Persona 5 Arena in the Xrd engine will be amazeballs.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Uhhh Persona 4 Arena is awesome.

It's good but it's still pretty distant from Guilty Gear and Blazblue in most respects.

I'm not saying it was bad, it's just gameplaywise it didn't really live up to other arcsys games and storywise it didn't really live up to Persona.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah going back to it is hard as I've gotten actually into the genre and the 2 button system is kinda limiting/stiff but it holds a special place in my heart.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

vgas finished, results are up.

https://2016.vidyagaemawards.com/winners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRq_DUMVkbQ

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Some hot takes in the Style over Substance section.

E: Actually that applies for a lot of it, and it's pretty funny to see stuff in the Best and Worst lists for the same category

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 5, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I thought Owlboy was generally well regarded, but maybe not?

But then, 4chan.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I really need to buy doom one of these days

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

chumbler posted:

I thought Owlboy was generally well regarded, but maybe not?

But then, 4chan.
Owlboy is a pretentious game that has style but no substance but is also one of the best new IPs, apparently.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Can't seem to get attached to any games today :\ tried Warframe, Let It Die, Factorio, Path of Exile. Just kinda blah'd out I guess

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why does anybody still want Half-Life 3

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Can't seem to get attached to any games today :\ tried Warframe, Let It Die, Factorio, Path of Exile. Just kinda blah'd out I guess

Since you appear to be a Monster Hunter fan, have you tried Toukiden?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

chumbler posted:

Since you appear to be a Monster Hunter fan, have you tried Toukiden?

I haven't tried Toukiden. I tried the God Eater games a while back and they didn't take even a little

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

At this point I have no idea. They aren't going to make it, ever.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Sure, I'll take Half-Life 3, so long as half the game doesn't happen in sewers and abandoned prisons again. I'll consider it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I haven't tried Toukiden. I tried the God Eater games a while back and they didn't take even a little

I had a blast with Toukiden and didn't care much for the God Eater games, so you might want to consider it. Toukiden is definitely more of a streamlined and action-y game without the fiddly stuff of Monster Hunter like traps and weapon sharpening if that is a factor for you, but the weapons all feel good and varied and the setting and designs are cool. Flying enemies that you spend a lot of time chasing are still pretty annoying, though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
People want HL3 because the first two were v. good games.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I like Episode 2 a lot

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

half life 3 will never happen. half life: borealis however...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

bloodychill posted:

The surgery sounds worthy it, plus hey fun drugs. The withdrawal is gonna be poo poo though. Literally in some cases.
I mean, it's 5mg of oxycodone once a day maybe, dissolved in a suspension. It's nice and all but it's not going to hook me, I've taken it before.

However, when they refilled my prescription for it, the doctor apparently miswrote 500ml instead of 50ml so now I have half a liter of liquid oxycodone. Guess I'll sock it away in the fridge for future use since I only needed a few extra doses until the inside of my eyelids healed fully, and I sure as gently caress can't return it.

oddium posted:

half life 3 will never happen. half life: borealis however...
...will, in a twist, also never happen. oh shocker, a 4chan thing sucks.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CRIMES AGAINST GAMING posted:

1st. No Man's Sky
2nd. SJWs

lol

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

grats rabi-ribi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
At this point when I see something bitching about SJWs my brain just sort of shuts down and it unable to take any other part of that thing seriously.

• Locked thread