Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I have never cared about the technical naming scheme of the cars, just as I have never cared about Simpsons episode numbers, and I feel my ignorance is justified for a change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Actually I tell a lie, F14T was funny

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ferrari's schizo-rear end naming system owns, remember the F-150th Italia

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like in the 80s when it was changed like 4 times in a decade for no real reason.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They should call the new McLaren the AIDS3000.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Alain Post posted:

ferrari's schizo-rear end naming system owns, remember the F-150th Italia

i think they're still triggered about pickup trucks over that

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Didn't Ford sue them over that?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm pretty sure they did and they made some minor revision to the name

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Thats how it sprouted "th Italia". Originally it was the "Ferrari F-150"

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm pretty sure they did and they made some minor revision to the name

yeah, and whoever wrote their stupid horse whisperer propaganda blog thing had an aneurysm about how trucks are stupid and not even real vehicles and :qq:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rhopunzel posted:

yeah, and whoever wrote their stupid horse whisperer propaganda blog thing had an aneurysm about how trucks are stupid and not even real vehicles and :qq:

The Horse Whisperer was just di Montezemolo.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Human Grand Prix posted:

They should call the new McLaren the AIDS3000.
Always Imitating Dead Schumi?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

td4guy posted:

Always Imitating Dead Schumi?

We all know McClaren pioneered dead driver technology with Nando. Maybe we can see a second un-retirement for schumi.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

M32 would make sense, it's the motorway with the lowest average speed.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
We're getting closer to finally seeing a 2017 car and being disappointed cause we were all expecting a much more radical change :quig:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

We're getting closer to finally seeing a 2017 car and being disappointed cause we were all expecting a much more radical change :quig:
At least we're not getting halos this year.

Hopefully Liberty kills it and calls for further development on the Aeroscreen.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I've said it before and I'll argue for it again. Full cockpit protection that makes the start trek door opening "pshh" noise when it opens and closes. You could add in lights and dry ice special effects if you want to be swanky,

Edit at some point the question becomes why not?

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 5, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

I've said it before and I'll argue for it again. Full cockpit protection that makes the start trek door opening "pshh" noise when it opens and closes. You could add in lights and dry ice special effects if you want to be swanky,

Edit at some point the question becomes why not?

gently caress yeah.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Make RedBull great again

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Add 'Iron Man' style face cams for team radio and following shots to quash complaints about not being able to see the drivers.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Screw it, overlay bananas, green and red shells on the drivers visor and the TV broadcast. We have the technology.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Where they have gone wrong with DRS is not having it as a big [X] projected on to the track which moves at random each lap.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
How well is DRS going to work now anyway with the lower, narrower rear wings?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Even if im half joking about f1, i think professional live action mario kart would be a wildly popular sport.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Just cam across this trying to get virgin login sky sports app if its of any use

Sky Sports Mobile If you want to stream to a tablet or phone, I assume its uk and ireland only (Proxy?)

Basically £9.99 a month, no contract (pack 2 for F1)

http://www.skysports.com/mobile/apps/9653846/sky-sports-mobile-tv

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It looks to be £15 a month, but, here be dragons, upscaling phone apps to a tablet usually gives very low resolution. They need to give way more information on it, I sense ofcom having a chat soon.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I used to use it back when you could still trick a jailbroken iPod into displaying it on a TV.

It comes out looking like one of the better illegal flash streams, but much worse than any other legal solution or even something like Acecast.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

To be fair, neither did Himmler

Himmler wasn't much of a farmer. Goebbels on the other hand..

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Dudley posted:

I used to use it back when you could still trick a jailbroken iPod into displaying it on a TV.

It comes out looking like one of the better illegal flash streams, but much worse than any other legal solution or even something like Acecast.

Sky go is a bit like that but the quality gets way better after about 30 seconds

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

How well is DRS going to work now anyway with the lower, narrower rear wings?

The teams will just spend 22 million on wind tunnel testing to get the downforce back.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I've been looking at some old pics and stuff, for the hell of it, as you do. So here's Kimi back in 2001:

And here's what Sauber thought of him back then:

quote:

Sauber also has very high expectations of Kimi Räikkönen. "From the moment that he first sat in one of our cars, at Mugello in September last year, Kimi showed himself to be a most unusual young man. He had never driven anything more powerful than a Formula Renault at that point, but he did not put a wheel wrong and managed to set highly impressive lap times.

"In subsequent tests he continued this remarkable form, which made him impossible to overlook as a candidate for the second C20 seat. His performance in Jerez, where he convinced the F1 governing body of his suitability to hold a Super-Licence, was simply an endorsement of the potential that we saw back in September. We know that it will take Kimi time to find his feet in Formula One, once the racing starts, but our expectations of his long-term potential are very high."

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

On every car there are two decals, one of them is a capital E inside of a circle and the other is instead a capital N. The E is usually found on the side pod just behind the driver's head, while the N is located on the nose just forward of the cockpit. Any idea what they designate? I can remember them being on the cars for the past several years at least.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Neutral and electrical cut off.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Nonce and Eccentric

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The first time I've been anything but proud to wear an Arai

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

enri posted:

Nonce and Eccentric

Don't sign your posts

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The first time I've been anything but proud to wear an Arai

Peter Windsor has programmed you well. He never shut up abbout Arai when he did the "Teds Notebook" role.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Windsor's YouTube channel is its own little bowl of special. Half the videos are these very elaborate explanations of technical developments on different cars and then the other half is just making poo poo up talking about the most recent race while driving his kid to school who inevitably interrupts him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
KMag, the second greatest American, proves he's an American by using a sawzall

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread