Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I penned the side of a maus with a HESH round in my Cent 7/1 o.0

I thought the maus had some bullshit spaced armor on the sides that would gently caress hesh but I guess not.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

I penned the side of a maus with a HESH round in my Cent 7/1 o.0

210 gold HESH pen against 185 flat armor, the Maus is pretty garbage when it's getting shot in the side or the front or the rear.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

ROFLburger posted:

What on earth are you talking about?

The AMX 30 has 80mm of armors in the front.

Wgat on earth are you talking about?

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

warcrimes posted:

Hey 48, it's VegasRon(now OrganicMechanic), get on discord and play with Smith and myself. The E5 owns, buy it.=

Hey dude! Unfortunately I'm still stuck in Germany for the foreseeable future, so I play really odd hours relative to most people on the Eastern server (and playing pubs solo is loving miserable, let me tell ya). What time are you guys usually on?

Also re: T26E5, if I understand correctly its the better credit-maker, but is squishier than the Liberte?

Mr.48 fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 4, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Correct.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The Pz 7 looks like its going to be a full on troll tank from the front.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

The Pz 7 looks like its going to be a full on troll tank from the front.

nah the hull beak is vulnerable, and if that's angled you can shoot the curved hull under the turret instead. and it's got issues with sidescraping for the same reason

it's still a fairly though tank but not unreasonably so at all. distance really helps it though so it might be possible to do some fun stuff with that

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Holy crap why does the crusader do over 2000 dpm?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's a good tank

http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/crusader#compare:t-34;5l00000

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Michaellaneous posted:

The AMX 30 has 80mm of armors in the front.

Wgat on earth are you talking about?

Are you okay?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Shut up all of you or I will turn this car around.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
NM

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Sure, I'll take a Centurion with 254mm of frontal turret armour:
https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/02/02/strv-81-supertest-stats/

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i don't know man, it's really loving slow

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mr.48 posted:

Hey dude! Unfortunately I'm still stuck in Germany for the foreseeable future, so I play really odd hours relative to most people on the Eastern server (and playing pubs solo is loving miserable, let me tell ya). What time are you guys usually on?

Also re: T26E5, if I understand correctly its the better credit-maker, but is squishier than the Liberte?

Smith is on normal EST hours, my schedule is nuts but I'll be on up to 2-3am PST this coming week. And around all day today and tomorrow.

The e5 is squishier but not squishy, i have a few SWs already. It's a beast.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Seems like british mediums like the Centurion aren't that popular. Do they suck?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

ROFLburger posted:

Seems like british mediums like the Centurion aren't that popular. Do they suck?

Great guns/elevation, average platforms although the speed buff they're all about to get has me excited for the Cent AX

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Good lord, siege mode sucks a big hairy donkey dick. How do people enjoy this tank? I get that the 103B has incredible moments when it's in the right position and employs its camo...but I don't see how people suffer through every other moment that isn't exactly that.

Also, I just got my first match as top tier in the Type 4 with the new gun. Wreck loving face all day. Bopped a Centurion in the tracks for 720 damage, broke three modules in one shot. Next shot hit an FCM50t for 699. Missed the fourth shot, then ammo-racked a full-health T71. Jesus Christ.

This here also doesn't look quite right:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Prav posted:

i don't know man, it's really loving slow
Yeah that power-to-weight ratio is making me wince, and the terrain resistance is a bit worse than the normal Cent as well. Not sold on that thing at all.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Prav posted:

nah the hull beak is vulnerable, and if that's angled you can shoot the curved hull under the turret instead. and it's got issues with sidescraping for the same reason

it's still a fairly though tank but not unreasonably so at all. distance really helps it though so it might be possible to do some fun stuff with that

Well this is disappointing. If it can still have games like this though it'll be worth it.

The IS-7 in that game was quite possibly the worst player I've ever faced in a tier 10 tank. Just kept driving over a ridge, giving me his lower plate and then snap shotting at my front armour.

Also I got the ace tanker in the super pershing by being the only tank to hold the low line on my team. Amply supported by 3 artillery and a lovely moment where an Emil bounced 3 of his 4 shots, I kept him tracked and just drained his health.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 5, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
This was pretty interesting, a look at upcoming premiums: http://youtu.be/WKWH505YVB4

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
It is raining experience this weekend. Run of the mill victories in any premium are like 5k+

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

the strv s1 looks reeeeeally bad

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

warcrimes posted:

Smith is on normal EST hours, my schedule is nuts but I'll be on up to 2-3am PST this coming week. And around all day today and tomorrow.

Yeah, the E5 can hold it's own in a decent fight. As long as you don't go all "RANGERS LEAD THE WAY" you shouldn't have too many issues

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

serious gaylord posted:

Also I got the ace tanker in the super pershing by being the only tank to hold the low line on my team. Amply supported by 3 artillery and a lovely moment where an Emil bounced 3 of his 4 shots, I kept him tracked and just drained his health.

I love it playing the SP and those bounced shots. "Oy, where's this fucker at? There he is! BLAM Next!" Saved my rear end a few times when those damned Scorpions would bounce shots out of view range. gently caress those Scorpions

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

I love it playing the SP and those bounced shots. "Oy, where's this fucker at? There he is! BLAM Next!" Saved my rear end a few times when those damned Scorpions would bounce shots out of view range. gently caress those Scorpions

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The SP's armor is weird. It feels like some battles everything just plows right through it with no issue where other times I casually eat 3k dmg worth of shells to the face like "hey thanks for this delicious popcorn"

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Dang, that mission to get 2 garage slots is repeatable. You can get 10 free garage slots by winning 125 games this weekend lol.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Nordick posted:

The SP's armor is weird. It feels like some battles everything just plows right through it with no issue where other times I casually eat 3k dmg worth of shells to the face like "hey thanks for this delicious popcorn"

Its frustrating at times because like you say, you can bounce a skorpion regularly, but the one time you need to, it goes right through.

McGavin posted:

Dang, that mission to get 2 garage slots is repeatable. You can get 10 free garage slots by winning 125 games this weekend lol.

Well I mean you can, I however...

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Nordick posted:

Depends on whether your opponent knows where to shoot it or has the accuracy to. The hull machine gun port, the turret cheeks under the wing armor, and the commander's hatch are the most obvious. If they have any elevation over you, you're hosed. I've dueled other SPs and they waste shots on the riot armor while I pen them in the commander's hatch or get a shot into the turret ring. Of course your sides are butter. Not sure about the rear, I've had multiple tanks bounce shots off my rear end and was like "how did you gently caress that up?".

Here's a breakdown of your front armor. There's plenty of shootable spots, but you need to aim and know where they are. Most players don't aim.
http://www.game115.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/T26E4_Angled.jpg
I will say this, I've never been ammo racked in the SP. I've experienced it in everything else I've used and racked others, but never the SP. At worst I take some damage and my reload time slows

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 5, 2017

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

SocketWrench posted:

Depends on whether your opponent knows where to shoot it or has the accuracy to.
No, I know all that, I'm not new to this game or this tank. I was specifically talking about things punching right through the armour plates.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

yeah there's a lot of shells in that 225-260 pen range where it just comes down to how lucky they get with the roll

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
SR tanks

Queue: Soviet tractor tanks, HTZ-16, Char B1 bis, Char B1 ter, Strv 103, 02SS Aerosan, Pz.Sfl.IVb, CKD TNH and LTP (Tanque 39), Emil and KRV

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
M3A1
Combat Car M1
Howitzer Motor Carriage T18
M10 Wolverine

:britain:
A1E1 Independent
Infantry Tank Mk.I

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38
SG-122
76 mm gun mod of the Matilda
Tank destroyers on the T-30 and T-40 chassis
45 mm M-42 gun
SU-76 prototype
LPP-25

:sweden:
L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
Landsverk prototypes 1943-1951
Strv m/21 NEW

:poland:
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40
25 mm Hotchkiss gun

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzII Ausf. c through C
PzII Ausf. D through E NEW
PzII trials in the USSR
Pak 97/38
7.5 cm Pak 41
Hummel
s.FH. 18

:eurovision:
LT vz 35
LT vz 38

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

warcrimes posted:

Cool, I'll try to get on and play with you guys in about a week or so since at the moment I'm basically working 12-14 hours a day even on weekends because our project renewal date is coming up and poo poo is on fire 24/7.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The vk 1001 may take the 4502a's title of worst tier 8 heavy.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the ausf a is excellent though

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Lol, this game.

I got called an rear end in a top hat for repeatedly ramming some tank hulk I was facing off against while my team encircled their last arty. Not my fault you decided that me right around the corner from you was no longer worth the effort for some reason. So you instead decided to engage tanks on the other hill across the map by turning your side to me to pump repeated hits into. He knew I was there, we'd been trading shots, hell, I thought busting his commander's hatch sent him into a suicide dash at me till he stopped and turned to start trying to peck at others.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SocketWrench posted:

Lol, this game.

I got called an rear end in a top hat for repeatedly ramming some tank hulk I was facing off against while my team encircled their last arty. Not my fault you decided that me right around the corner from you was no longer worth the effort for some reason. So you instead decided to engage tanks on the other hill across the map by turning your side to me to pump repeated hits into. He knew I was there, we'd been trading shots, hell, I thought busting his commander's hatch sent him into a suicide dash at me till he stopped and turned to start trying to peck at others.

Reported for unsportsmanlike behavior. Enjoy your ban.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

serious gaylord posted:

The vk 1001 may take the 4502a's title of worst tier 8 heavy.

pretty sure the VK 1001 won't take away the VK4502A's title of best tier 8 medium though, the T26E5 already took it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
The player base on this game is :allears:

That was special. But perhaps not so special as an Assault my team won on Erlenburg. The SU100 driver was bitching loudly about not having targets spotted after he died while on the H line. This was when we had effectively won and the only way we could possibly lose would be if all the remaining tanks got killed. They got really upset when I pointed out that TD drivers on the H line defending an Assault really don't get to call other players scrubs. Apparently my driving of a KV1 was sufficient cause for me not to get to talk and (after obviously going and checking my account stats) called me a reroll who needed to conceal my average performance in tanks. :supaburn: dude I'm hurting all over.