Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

chumbler posted:

I had a blast with Toukiden and didn't care much for the God Eater games, so you might want to consider it. Toukiden is definitely more of a streamlined and action-y game without the fiddly stuff of Monster Hunter like traps and weapon sharpening if that is a factor for you, but the weapons all feel good and varied and the setting and designs are cool. Flying enemies that you spend a lot of time chasing are still pretty annoying, though.

Eh what the hell, I'll give it a looksee since I've got some steam funbucks to blow anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Ive never beaten SMB3 warpless and Im playing through it now and beating every level and wow, its a hell of a game.

its my favorite old mario. i like worlds 3-5 best

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Glad to see DayZ receiving some much deserved recognition. Congratulations to DayZ.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

Reminder: Taro Yoko considered Nier's plot to be not all that depressing.

didn't you see what lands in the desert at the end? thats some smile enducing get pumped poo poo.

at the rate i'm going i'm gonna have so many games unfinished by march 7th that i'm just gonna try and forget about them all as i play nier straight through 3-5 times depending on what the devs require for all endings

sorry yakuza and zelda and nioh.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

didn't you see what lands in the desert at the end? thats some smile enducing get pumped poo poo.

at the rate i'm going i'm gonna have so many games unfinished by march 7th that i'm just gonna try and forget about them all as i play nier straight through 3-5 times depending on what the devs require for all endings

sorry yakuza and zelda and nioh.

I'm going to try to get Tales of Berseria and Fate Extella finished before Nier and Zelda drop. Might be waiting on Horizon since it's still a bit of an unknown.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh gently caress i forgot i ordered hzd too.
oh well hopefully the summer is a dry spell.

hzd looks like its either gonna be fairly standard remix of current AAA game trends or that but with sick nasty dino combat but i haven't seen much preview footage of how in depth the combat is

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 5, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

At this point I have no idea. They aren't going to make it, ever.

Valve is a bunch of spineless dicks.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There is no good reason for Valve to actually make HL3. They already make more money than god and the risk is too high of people holding it against them even if it's merely good

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Konami should have won that category, they were robbed!!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

In Training posted:

Ive never beaten SMB3 warpless and Im playing through it now and beating every level and wow, its a hell of a game.

Good luck, poo poo's hard. I don't know if I'll ever be able to pull that off.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

glam rock hamhock posted:

There is no good reason for Valve to actually make HL3. They already make more money than god and the risk is too high of people holding it against them even if it's merely good

You can always be richer, and it would be easier to buy the "expectations are too high!" arguments if games like Doom and XCOM didn't have successful sequels after long gaps.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I really need to buy doom one of these days

Its OK.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

chumbler did you play TOukiden on PS4 or PC? 'cos this steam port seems like hot garbage so far performance wise

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

Good luck, poo poo's hard. I don't know if I'll ever be able to pull that off.

its pretty smooth sailing except for one or two levels in worlds 5 and 6 until world 7. they things get pretty tough. world 8 is mostly the same except for one or two parts which are harder but you can always lame them out with p wings.

idk i was epically bad at beating games until i was like 25 but even i beat smb3 in like 1990

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Why is Henry Rollins in this game I am playing (def jam: fight for NY)?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

its pretty smooth sailing except for one or two levels in worlds 5 and 6 until world 7. they things get pretty tough. world 8 is mostly the same except for one or two parts which are harder but you can always lame them out with p wings.

idk i was epically bad at beating games until i was like 25 but even i beat smb3 in like 1990

They're really generous with shortcuts and extra lives, you get a save point every 2 to 3 levels and about 7 lives to clear them each continue

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yep. the hardest thing for me was that the offical NP guide had a misprint of a mushroom house's contents in world 3 or maybe 4 where they accidently put a picture of wendy o'koopa in one of the boxes when they meant to put a different item so i spent probably 8 months doing nothing but warping to that world, b lining it to the mush house, and assuming i had the worst luck in the world that i never got it cause i was a dumbass and i just couldn't let it go that there was no wendy o koopa suit

James Woods Fan posted:

because the publisher probably got skittish and forced something dumb in the game

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 5, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

chumbler did you play TOukiden on PS4 or PC? 'cos this steam port seems like hot garbage so far performance wise

PC. Try flipping the "stabilization" option. I remember I was having occasional crashes with it on, but turning it off fixed it, though I haven't run it for a while. I don't remember having framerate or other graphical issues either way though, and I was on an older computer at the time.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 5, 2017

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess I'm just surprised at how much it gets hyped up

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
:siren: RHEM 1 special edition is out http://www.rhem-game.com/en/rhem1se/index.htm

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

James Woods Fan posted:

Its less weird than Danny Trejo when he was still known as That One Guy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Doom is very fun and i appreciate its design but by the end i had had way more than my fill of it. i don't think the arena format is enough to carry the whole game and i don't like how the story is implemented in the back half of the game after such a strong "who gives a gently caress" vibe early on.

Doom 2 (2019) will hopefully be a lot better but if its more of the same i probably won't play it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Henry Rollins' is a good dude, last I checked

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mordja posted:

Glad to see DayZ receiving some much deserved recognition. Congratulations to DayZ.

DayZ is such a fuckin' scam, it's amazing how many people they managed to fool into thinking it is a fun and finished video game that is actually being actively developed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol some else out there felt my wendy o koopa pain and got a pic of the printing error on imgur

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 5, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

chumbler posted:

PC. Try flipping the "stabilization" option. I remember I was having occasional crashes with it on, but turning it off fixed it, though I haven't run it for a while. I don't remember having framerate or other graphical issues either way though, and I was on an older computer at the time.

Yeah none of that's working for me, it's a crash happy laggy butt unfortunately. Oh well, this is what steam refunds are for I suppose.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah none of that's working for me, it's a crash happy laggy butt unfortunately. Oh well, this is what steam refunds are for I suppose.

drat, that sucks. I wish I knew a fix, but I didn't have to deal with any of those issues. At least you can get the refund.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Really they just need to put actual non-MMO monster hunter on PC, or at least a non portable console

fingers crossed for the switch

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Actually what really needs to happen is Factorio 0.15 needs to come out

I wanna start a new factory but not if it's gonna be invalidated soon

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

lol some else out there felt my wendy o koopa pain and got a pic of the printing error on imgur

idgi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wendy o is not an item you can receive in a mushroom house

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Help Im Alive posted:

I'ts more along the facts how goons poo poo on DOOM so hard because it had the red flag warnings it's gonna be poo poo and WORST GAME ever, blah blah, usual negative SA goon hyperbole.

It's good and I did enjoy it. The MP is whatever, the story's ending sucks and the last levels did get samey.

Last boss fight is a drat good one though. I say give it a whirl. I mean if it goes on sale for like 20, I dont' think you'l feel ripped off for what it gives.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Real hurthling! posted:

wendy o is not an item you can receive in a mushroom house

that would be a VERY different game

also can you thumbnail that image

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

that would be a VERY different game

also can you thumbnail that image

ok i'll make it a timg instead of an img, but just for you baby <3

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Doom 2016's singleplayer is 100% worth the full price tag. This is objective fact.

If you somehow couldn't enjoy the campaign I feel bad for you son

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Real hurthling! posted:

ok i'll make it a timg instead of an img, but just for you baby <3

thx hun

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Do the Japanese koopa kids have different names or are they Lemmy, Roy, Iggy, etc?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Maybe I should start playing Heroes of the Storm again

I know I know MOBA FREE TO PLAY BLARRGH and legit complaints all but I genuinely likee that game :shobon:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tap my mountain posted:

Do the Japanese koopa kids have different names or are they Lemmy, Roy, Iggy, etc?

japanese devs love the gently caress out of Anglosphere music so they are probably the same. look at guilty gear. every single thing in that game is some rock or metal reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

japanese devs love the gently caress out of Anglosphere music so they are probably the same. look at guilty gear. every single thing in that game is some rock or metal reference.

they do have the same names, but its because nintendo of america named them first and japan just transliterated them

• Locked thread