Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

drat, that package looks awesome. Are they really blowing this story off with Suzuki going for the belt this fast? Are they going to go full on early BC and have the whole stable dogpile Okada so Suzuki can walk out Champion? It seems from the package that the angle they want to push is LIJ, Bullet Club and Chaos have no choice but to unite to stop Suzuki, but I could also easily see them as just doing this as a one-of and going back to business as usual.

I dunno, either way I'm eager to find out what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

I assume everyone in here has seen it, but Okada/Omega is up free for a week on NJPW World.

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/826399687879954432

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I finally watched the Road To show and can confidently say that Will Ospreay is a foolish child who has signed his own death certificate.

What did the flippiest man from Essex do now?

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

King Faraday posted:

I assume everyone in here has seen it, but Okada/Omega is up free for a week on NJPW World.

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/826399687879954432

I love the increased sassyness from NJPW since AJ/Cena happened. Okada makes one tweet about it and creates a shitstorm of angry smarks, it was hilarious and I approve.

(Also yeah go watch this match right now, it's the bees knees.)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Spuckuk posted:

What did the flippiest man from Essex do now?

He stepped to the baddest mother chapper on Earth and we're finally going to see a seated backflip PK sell.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Food Court Druid posted:

It might just have been Nagata, but Oka looked like a million bucks in the opening match.

From the last page, but judging by both of the Nagata matches, I seriously believe Oka is going to be a top heel one day. At the very least, I'm excited as heck for the inevitable Oka/Okada match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.njpw1972.com/news/news_0127.html

NJPW finally relaunched their Englishlangauge site and they have a translation of the Suzuki/Nogami interview from a few days ago (Suzuki showed up with vodka in hand if you didn't know). Good read

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is there any plan for NJPW World integration with Apple TV? I know I can chromecast it, but I'm much more likely to use an app/service if it's just on my TV rather than having to cast it from another device.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
I wish they had an app for Ps4, I'm too lazy to have to keep connecting my laptop up to the tv...

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Germ Incubator posted:

I wish they had an app for Ps4, I'm too lazy to have to keep connecting my laptop up to the tv...

This is the same struggle I have. I kind of just have my PS4 on more than my TV but hooking up my laptop is such a pain

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I also noticed that sometimes both DDT, NJPWworld and We Are Stardom struggle when I'm using Safari to watch. Not really sure what's up with that.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If you want to pony up 30-35 bucks for the convenience, Chromecast is a good option for displaying things on a TV from your computer

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Germ Incubator posted:

I think Sony has only sold something like 4 million PS4s in Japan, less than 10% of worldwide to date. Sadly I don't think the "console game fans" and "wrestling nerds" Venn diagrams overlap enough to make that happen, even only for the Japanese store.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there are like 12 njpw world subscribers so if they made a ps4 app and it got on 4 million dashboards that would probably be like quintuple the exposure theyre currently getting

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ROH and the Bullet Club returns to NJPW with Honor Rising on Feb 26th and 27th.

Kenny Omega
Cody Rhodes
Adam Cole
Young Bucks
G.O.D
Bad Luck Fale
Adam Page

Juice Robinson
Will Ospreay

Jay Lethal
Briscoe Brothers
Dalton Castle
War Machine
Silas Young
Delirious
Punisher Martinez

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how are they not bRINGIGN CHEESEBURGER OVERKJef;aslkfjhs;ldkjf

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also lio rush would have been good like 60% of those guys have been on njpw tours in the last year already

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Punisher Martinez is baffling, both in ROH and here.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

also lio rush would have been good like 60% of those guys have been on njpw tours in the last year already

https://twitter.com/itsLioRush/status/827573996317245442

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

OGB posted:

Punisher Martinez is baffling, both in ROH and here.

He's going to be the biggest test of the assumption that Japanese fans like gaijin hosses.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/827707787815710721

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I wish Ed O'Neill was doing commentary.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God drat, Cyrus did not age well. I hope he didn't have a virus after all :ohdear:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

God drat, Cyrus did not age well. I hope he didn't have a virus after all :ohdear:

I think it's more an unflattering picture plus not having sunglasses.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Jenkem Delivery posted:

If you want to pony up 30-35 bucks for the convenience, Chromecast is a good option for displaying things on a TV from your computer

I did have one at some point, the range was pants though. I would prob have to set up a second router for it to work upstairs, which is where I'm watching most of the time. Haven't a clue where to even start with that :/

harperdc posted:

I think Sony has only sold something like 4 million PS4s in Japan, less than 10% of worldwide to date. Sadly I don't think the "console game fans" and "wrestling nerds" Venn diagrams overlap enough to make that happen, even only for the Japanese store.

Aye PS4's don't do well in JPN, I can dream though if they're gonna be expanding more this and next year... Maybe just give it a thought, guys, please? :P

Content feat. Okada gettin rekt

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Germ Incubator posted:

I did have one at some point, the range was pants though. I would prob have to set up a second router for it to work upstairs, which is where I'm watching most of the time. Haven't a clue where to even start with that :/

if you've got ethernet wired up, the Chromecast Ultra has an ethernet port on it. it costs like twice as much which is annoying (as far as I can tell the only other difference is that it has 4k?) but it might be an option

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

if you've got ethernet wired up, the Chromecast Ultra has an ethernet port on it. it costs like twice as much which is annoying (as far as I can tell the only other difference is that it has 4k?) but it might be an option

The first generation version could be really spotty, but even the regular second gen (non-Ultra) should be much, much more reliable.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Okada crying never gets old

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://sports.vice.com/ca/article/kenny-omegas-journey-from-canadian-junior-hockey-goalie-to-wrestling-superstar

Great article. Also reveals Okada's pay ($2.2 mil)

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 5, 2017

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I bought a second gen basic chromecast with NJPW World in mind. Been very satisfied with it although I have a small apartment

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Worth every bit of it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats okada's pay

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

thats okada's pay

Ah. OTOH, I could see Kenny saying he's worth just as much and WK proved that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Huh, $2.2 million is WWE main eventer pay and would put him level with pretty much all the top guys there bar Cena and Lesnar if Forbes can be trusted. He'd be 6th in WWE for earnings between Rollins and The Big Dog.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Apologies for the error

Baron Corbyn posted:

Huh, $2.2 million is WWE main eventer pay and would put him level with pretty much all the top guys there bar Cena and Lesnar if Forbes can be trusted. He'd be 6th in WWE for earnings between Rollins and The Big Dog.

Yeah, it makes sense why he's still firmly in New Japan with how much he's paid. I doubt WWE would go that far for him

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Apologies for the error

Yeah, it makes sense why he's still firmly in New Japan with how much he's paid. I doubt WWE would go that far for him

It makes me wonder what Nakamura was making and how much he gets for being in NXT. I think I remember hearing NJPW gave Okada a massive pay rise but Nakamura must still be NXT's top earner by a decent amount.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Apologies for the error

Given how DSW went for him, he'd probably want certain creative assurances, ones WWE can't or won't give him.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
what time is new beginning tonight

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KungFu Grip posted:

what time is new beginning tonight

1am EST, so in about 3 hours from now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros