Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Well, five metal gigantaur and one king power pot appeared in my inventory out of nowhere. Better than nothing I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

MrLonghair posted:

55 runs of PRO = three encounters with Rabites.

I've run about 50 runs of elite and I'm encountering Rabites every 3-4 runs at most. I've probably ran into a total of 15 groups of them, 6 of them were in groups of 5 or 6. I guess my luck is finally catching up to getting almost none of any of the other grinding events bonuses.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

HGH posted:

I was gonna point out their banner doesn't say Time Limited like SoM but I would not put it beyond Gumi's incompetence to have forgotten about it.
Ugh...I have a Refia and all the Full Breakers I could want outside WoL. Should I chase Ling?

Personally I would say yes absolutely. She's got a ton of utility, but being able to armor and spirit break all enemies at once for 45% is real nice, even if it is only for 2 turns and does no direct damage. Refia for healing and embolden, Ling for mass break, mass status curing save herself, and mass raise if something goes really wrong, everyone else to kill poo poo.

Also she's immune to the worst status ailments like paralyze petrify sleep and confusion so even though her status cure doesn't work on herself chances are she's already good to go. She's definitely worth a permanent spot on my a team, and while I don't have tons of top tear dudes she fills some pretty useful rolls. In conclusion, Ling is a great support character worth spending a few tickets on to get, as her utility is readily apparent once she is properly leveled. She is squishy as all hell though so if you've got hp and shield pots laying around she's the perfect candidate

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its gonna take more than a few tickets to chase a banner 4*, so if you intend to chase one i would expect to be spending at least 20, and you have to ask yourself what you're gonna do if you get to that point without one

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Ling can also be a really good MP battery with her auto-refresh and chakra. She can also AOE inflict status ailments. Oh and she has entrust which really helps with Noctis's biggest "weakness", his slow rear end building LB. She's just so drat good.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Yeah she is a fantastic compliment to noctis since she has entrust. I'd say it's worth the 20 tickets to go for her, although I'm not certain if that's the consensus. I think you'd get your money's worth though. She's made this event much easier thanks to her breaks and since she basically almost doubles everyone else's effectiveness which frees up a spot or two for bonus units

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Huh, got a Blue > Gold > Rainbow for the first time and it's a Mustadio. If I didn't have Lightning and a good team set up long ago I'd probably be pretty pissed about this

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
This event is balls because they forgot that the characters who give you a bonus should be halfway decent at the loving thing. I have no idea how I should try to gear Primm to be useful. I have a drat dual wield on her but only the saber attacks get used twice, and the other things are abilities so they don't work with dual cast. She just can't get her stats up very high. Even with my badass Lightning and Exdeath I struggle to one round the mana beast, who does a shitload of damage to wipe out Primm and Popoi at full health. The mana beast isn't really tough, but the SoM characters seem so bad that it makes it tough trying to get through with more than two of them.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rabidsquid posted:

i actually have now acquired a third snow, which i forgot to mention when i did but i was going to ask how realistic it would be to need three of his TM. i am guessing its not that nuts since two are going on firion and i presume he's not the only decent fist unit ever

Yun is obvious (if he's in the general use gacha instead of being limited time), as is Gilgamesh (which just requires getting super lucky). When we get to that point, Rikku really loves having a Champion Belt or two, too, since her only options for weapons are daggers, knuckles, and throwing.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

This event is balls because they forgot that the characters who give you a bonus should be halfway decent at the loving thing. I have no idea how I should try to gear Primm to be useful. I have a drat dual wield on her but only the saber attacks get used twice,

Dual sabers are pretty bomb, bruh. If you have primm, a lightning and an exdeath, I can't understand how you're having trouble with anything for this event.

Sure, primm and the other 2 huff dongs, but you should be able to steamroll every enemy by hitting their weaknesses. Especially if you bring along a breaker. I'm rolling Agrias, exdeath, CoD, primm, and Poipoi, who does nothing but diddle his butthole, and really don't have too many issues unless my friend unit sucks.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'm guessing we will get the rest of the zoldaad island next week and new six or five star upgrades for some random units, probably Lasswell. This island seems to be Lasswells story, it would make sense for him to get upgraded.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Dual sabers are pretty bomb, bruh. If you have primm, a lightning and an exdeath, I can't understand how you're having trouble with anything for this event.

Sure, primm and the other 2 huff dongs, but you should be able to steamroll every enemy by hitting their weaknesses. Especially if you bring along a breaker. I'm rolling Agrias, exdeath, CoD, primm, and Poipoi, who does nothing but diddle his butthole, and really don't have too many issues unless my friend unit sucks.

i run a team of three sprites with the girl and an exdeath and exdeath can carry them through pro, but usually needs a pretty beefy friend unit to do elite safely, noctis or gilgamesh both do it, buuuut i can actually do it with some of the decked out double primms, since chaining saintly wall with the sprites is super strong (and also super hard) so its usually not worth doing elite for the extra candy. but that i can do it at all is kinda nuts. its a lot easier with whats his butt, boy, since his break seems more consistent than hoping to nail a perfect chain with wicked light and saintly walls.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
this isn't your dang banner buddy

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
That is like a S tier screencap, gonna be honest man.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

That is like a S tier screencap, gonna be honest man.

i caught it at the wrong time, but on closer look it was actually the right time.

now I'm gonna have to start cooking a second zidane and a cecil and some other sword user

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Armitage posted:

this isn't your dang banner buddy

Perfectly timed.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have 170 Gigantaurs in my mailbox and haven't touched the 100 Mog has. I've pulled probably 25 times this week and haven't had a unit worth leveling up since the Dark Fina banner. Did get a 6th Zidane though. Felt dirty smushing him, but oh well.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

It turns out the reason Flamey was giving me a tough time was because Lightning had Deathbringer equipped instead of Excalibur :v:

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Stand back, I got this.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I am back from chasing Ling!
I used 23 tickets, an 11 pull and accidentally pulled for 500.
I...uh... I hosed up...

8x Xiaos
1x Popoi
1x Miyuki
2x Cerius (4* and 3*)
1x Duane (4*)
1x Medius
1x Celes
1x Jack
1x Trei
1x Terra
1x Maria
1x Vivi
1x Amarant
1x Fang
1x Alma
1x Edgar
1x Golbez
1x Rydia
1x Kane
1x Galuf
1x Shantotto
1x Warrior Of Light (FINALLY)
1x Zidane
1x Kuja
1x Ludmille
1x Bedile
1x Garland

...Don't chase units kids. At least Zidane and WoL are compensation enough...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You pulled a Popoi off banner? That means the SOM units are added to the gen population and not limited run?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

HGH posted:

1x Miyuki
1x Warrior Of Light (FINALLY)
1x Zidane
1x Ludmille

At least these were good. But yikes.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

You pulled a Popoi off banner? That means the SOM units are added to the gen population and not limited run?

While they're available you can pull them anywhere... Banners just give a bonus to the chance.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Victis posted:

While they're available you can pull them anywhere... Banners just give a bonus to the chance.

I can confirm that, having pulled my Elza off the Dark Destroyers banner back when it was out.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Daily 4* cmon Primm

4* Zidane holy poo poo even better

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Got the axe.
Only 80000 more candy to farm!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

4th zidane and an ingus, rest of my ticket pulls were trash.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Speaking of nicely timed screenshots of pulls

Just what I needed too, a 5base DPS :unsmith:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I had a Hayate, 4 star Fran, Vanille, and Sabin today.

I didn't realize that the "friend" units were in the main pool.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

hagie posted:

I had a Hayate, 4 star Fran, Vanille, and Sabin today.

I didn't realize that the "friend" units were in the main pool.

Hayate has a nice TM and Vanille isn't that bad although not as good as some other healers.

Fran sucks and Sabin can't even suplex a throw pillow however.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Vanille's TMR is also very good, +30% MAG and SPR on an accessory.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

There we go, that's one Mag+30% down, and my first TM reward.

Infected posted:

Vanille's TMR is also very good, +30% MAG and SPR on an accessory.

Yeah, since I still don't have a good physical DPSer I might just TM farm my two once the rest of my shantottos are done on top of two zidanes so I can super charge my exdeath.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Armitage posted:

Hayate has a nice TM and Vanille isn't that bad although not as good as some other healers.

Fran sucks and Sabin can't even suplex a throw pillow however.

I'm thinking I might keep Sabin since he keeps showing up and just stumble my way into a counter TMR.

I've had a Hayate TMR cooking so that was a positive. I'm not terribly excited about Vanille as she doesn't fit in the AOE healer roll. The Cheer/Focus is exciting, but that's also a lot of MP for 2 rounds...

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i hang onto at least one copy of every unit because who knows when one might get an upgrade

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i decided to somewhat chase ling too, but i told myself i would only spend up to 10 tickets on it. luckily i didnt have to worry about what happens when i get to 10 if they were all trash, i got her in seven pulls, along with my first ever miyuki. my blade mastery finished while i was asleep last night too so i'd say its a pretty productive ffbe day for me

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 6, 2017

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Threw a random ticket on banner to hopefully speed up candy generation and ended up with a Randi! 2 on banner rainbows in less than a week, jeez.

My current content squad is Cecil / Luneth / Yun / Ling / Refia

I'd love to fit him in for the shiny appeal, maybe I could get his full break materia and rotate him out with Ling as needed?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Cry Havoc posted:

i hang onto at least one copy of every unit because who knows when one might get an upgrade

Meeeee tooooooo

Also because someday a FFVI unit will be worth a drat. MAGITEK ARMOR TERRA, I'M LOOKING IN YOUR DIRECTION.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well I can beat ELT with 3 unleveled Popois, Dark Fina, a 1/2 TM'd Lightning, and a decent friend Event unit, but drat is it lame and boring to actually have to pick something different every round. First World Problems. The only time I hit repeat is round 7.

Also they should ban Cecil from Arena some week, all he does is make matches go twice as long.

Man am I lazy about this game today.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
Exdeath is such a champ in this event. This is the first content he's really come through for me (I only got him recently).

I laughed and took a super lovely screen capture when I saw this. That's a Sprite hiding behind ExBro, so the payout was around 5,600.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

I'm torn as to whether or not I should dump my candy on that axe. Is it worth it if I don't have a Mercedes? Doesn't look like anyone in my a team can really make use of it and I've got that mighty hammer for WoL once he gets upgraded. It's either grab the axe or get the last 3 tickets and the 30k trust moogle. Any suggestions? Not sure what units are coming up in the next couple months that might make getting the axe worth it. I Def don't have the patience to grind up another 50k candy though so it's one or the other

• Locked thread