Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

The disguise face he was using was his business partner, so it wouldn't be tough to figure out what was going on.

Yeah this was another point I was gonna bring up. Like best case scenario:

"I know you're harboring the fugitive H.R. Wells"
"Heh heh no H.R. Wells here :smug:"
*vibes the nearest person*
"it's that dude"

Again, about as effective as "go hide in the other room"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Basically a filler episode in a series that takes place in a tasty kake factory, but with superheroes.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Mr Beens posted:

This is the thing I find infuriating about this show, they constantly just forget about stuff. There is no consistency in their world or characters.

The only thing Barry does faster than run is forget how to do stuff. You'd think "generate lightning," "phase through objects," "super-sonic punch," and "speed duplicate" would be regular parts of the arsenal. But nope!

And Barry consciously changes the future all the time. Like when Vandal Savage murdered all his friends and was seconds from magic-nuking the city. Or that time Barry stopped an approaching tidal wave by arresting the culprit via time travel. He knows for a fact that inevitable-seeming outcomes can be stopped by making different choices.

At least Legends acknowledges that its heroes are dumb assholes.

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

Xealot posted:

The only thing Barry does faster than run is forget how to do stuff. You'd think "generate lightning," "phase through objects," "super-sonic punch," and "speed duplicate" would be regular parts of the arsenal. But nope!

And Barry consciously changes the future all the time. Like when Vandal Savage murdered all his friends and was seconds from magic-nuking the city. Or that time Barry stopped an approaching tidal wave by arresting the culprit via time travel. He knows for a fact that inevitable-seeming outcomes can be stopped by making different choices.

The point was he'd learned from Flashpoint that you can't go around changing things willy nilly. I guess he's trying to be more careful about it now? He is written as being pretty dumb though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xealot posted:

He also forgets everyone believes in him, like every episode. They should change his name to The Tomartyr

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Xealot posted:

Absolute worst one is the second Earth 2 episode in season two where Zoom sticks him in a flimsy-looking glass (!) prison and phases through it to rough him up a bit when Barry taunts him, and after he leaves, Barry gets all cocky and goes, "Zoom just showed me how to get out of here! :smug:" when he'd phased through a wall maybe two episodes earlier to take Thawne by surprise.

How hard would it have been to give him a line where Jesse asks him why he can't just phase through the wall because she'd seen Zoom do it and he says the wall vibrates at a frequency he can't work out or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Teddy Sears is on the new 24 and he is 100% going to be the bad guy!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Teddy Sears is on the new 24 and he is 100% going to be the bad guy!

That was basically what I said as I was watching it, "Wow, what a surprise, Teddy Sears is playing yet another affable character who is (probably) secretly evil."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

That was basically what I said as I was watching it, "Wow, what a surprise, Teddy Sears is playing yet another affable character who is (probably) secretly evil."

He's in some horrible hitch-hiking film as a murdered as well! Typecast!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wheat Loaf posted:

Absolute worst one is the second Earth 2 episode in season two where Zoom sticks him in a flimsy-looking glass (!) prison and phases through it to rough him up a bit when Barry taunts him, and after he leaves, Barry gets all cocky and goes, "Zoom just showed me how to get out of here! :smug:" when he'd phased through a wall maybe two episodes earlier to take Thawne by surprise.

How hard would it have been to give him a line where Jesse asks him why he can't just phase through the wall because she'd seen Zoom do it and he says the wall vibrates at a frequency he can't work out or something?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I've been watching this on loop for 15 minutes, it is mesmerizing

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Could someone just delete the op and replace it with this? It's a visual metaphor for the entire show really.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Like you'd think I edited it for comedy, adding that Flash logo like the speedforce "aint gotta explain poo poo.gif", but that's straight out of imgur's Youtube to Gif thing. Thats how they ended the latest promo.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Them betting on the winner of the race is already making this a fun episode.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Is there any reason why Wally is faster than Barry other than natural athleticism?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Is there any reason why Wally is faster than Barry other than natural athleticism?

Better connection to the speed force, presumably.

Wasn't Wally faster than Barry in the comics for that reason?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hah Julio from the 90s Flash!

Oh well there he goes :whitewater:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Cisco is going to have some PTSD flashbacks from seeing that done so casually.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

who could have guessed Joe would get mad!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Cut her arm off!

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Cut her arm off!

That is the logical decision.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Cut her arm off!

That would certainly change the future.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Cut her arm off!

Same. It's easy enough to replace it in this world.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Why not freeze him?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Cut her arm off!

Theory checks out...

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Wally you have to run faster!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Hah they acknowledge the lax security at Star Labs.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Huh, they actually made fun of how useless Star labs security is.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Star Labs security sucks!

Also Malfoy's doomed.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Lol nice burn on STAR labs security

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

gently caress yes.

Grodd time! Gorilla city!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

GRODD :black101:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Nice! Didn't know it was a 2-parter

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
This season of The Flash keeps getting better and better. Only small disappointment is Barry seems kind of a downer. I know they think Iris is getting killed later but he and she should be having more fun with each other while they are still alive.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How did the bad guy get away after Kid Flash arm-tornadoed him through the glass doors? It's like he just vanished

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I thought that was a pretty down episode with a lame villain and a lot of overly familiar story beats but drat the beginning and end were great and even this season's down episodes are a step in the right direction.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It's annoying that we won't have an episode next week though.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I really like how HR is the polar opposite of season one Wells. He's just so drat positive and scientifically useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Burning_Monk posted:

I really like how HR is the polar opposite of season one Wells. He's just so drat positive and scientifically useless.

He's the most wonderful part of the show :) Throw me in for some Lincolns! Hundreds! Whatever is hundreds in your world.

Good job team, it took all of us but we did it!

• Locked thread