Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

It's a shame Philip Seymour Hoffman's dead, he would have played a perfect Bannon :crying2016:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Terrifying Effigies posted:

It's a shame Philip Seymour Hoffman's dead, he would have played a perfect Bannon :crying2016:

I had the same exact thought a few days ago.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Milo came to talk at my school, I went to look at the protest outside. Not too exciting, really. Who is he why do people care?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Third World Reggin posted:

Milo is not a good person but there is the argument of do you protest milo and risk him getting more attention or do you ignore him.

The UW protest of Milo apparently has made him way more popular which means more people will be listening to his shtick.

He came to prominence during the election as the Trump supporters token gay man. He got big posting inflammatory blog posts and articles about millenials and "the gay problem" which all got passed around by conservatives like articles by a black man supporting the KKK. Like someone else said (I think it was N4I), he's a self hating gay man. He was literally an unknown until the election so he's not gonna quit the shtick that made him infamous.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

DownByTheWooter posted:

Milo came to talk at my school, I went to look at the protest outside. Not too exciting, really. Who is he why do people care?

He's a giant rear end in a top hat.

That pretty much sums it up.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Steezo posted:

And after WW1 where he was called the funny little man in glasses and told to leave, from the 14 Point Plan meetings.

The unedited VHS version of "Vietnam: A Television History" goes into a lot of the details like that, or the American intelligence worker that the British let get murdered because he dared to question their trying to run post WW2 Vietnam like a colony before the hand off back to France. A few things are missing or cropped out of the DVD releases.

Edit: cut and forgot to paste a thing.

We re-armed the Japanese to provide a police force :downs:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
One of the most effective war cries on the right is actually just liberal autistic screeching, which Milo is an expert at eliciting. I keep saying this. Conservatives love watching liberals cry foul at the rules of their safe space game being violated, and they'll back anyone who can keep the show going.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

He came to prominence during the election as the Trump supporters token gay man. He got big posting inflammatory blog posts and articles about millenials and "the gay problem" which all got passed around by conservatives like articles by a black man supporting the KKK. Like someone else said (I think it was N4I), he's a self hating gay man. He was literally an unknown until the election so he's not gonna quit the shtick that made him infamous.

He got his start a few years before that when that gamergate poo poo happened. A lot of the people who were involved in that are part of the alt-right now. http://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-the-alt-right-2016-8

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Ugh I forgot about gamergate. Figures it's the same lovely people. Had no idea Milo was involves, though.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Milo also ran a scam where he promised to give Scholarships to white men, and then the donations disappeared and the scholarships never appeared.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The thing is Milo would have been held up like a golden calf the moment the right became aware of him. "Look a gay man that agrees with us! See! See! Why would a gay man support us if our policies where bad for him" some one said it earlier that Milo was basically the "I'm not homophobic look I have a gay friend" of the right. So at this point protesting probably has a negligible affect, except denying him speaking money from college Republicans.

Aww who am I kidding he probably takes the money if it gets cancelled anyway.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

KildarX posted:

The thing is Milo would have been held up like a golden calf the moment the right became aware of him. "Look a gay man that agrees with us! See! See! Why would a gay man support us if our policies where bad for him" some one said it earlier that Milo was basically the "I'm not homophobic look I have a gay friend" of the right. So at this point protesting probably has a negligible affect, except denying him speaking money from college Republicans.

Aww who am I kidding he probably takes the money if it gets cancelled anyway.

Yeah hes their "We can't be anti-X, we have an X friend" guy.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The Milo loves black dick thing is also a " I can't be racist I love black dick" firmly forgetting that him and a southern plantation owners wife have one thing in common besides skin.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

KildarX posted:

The Milo loves black dick thing is also a " I can't be racist I love black dick" firmly forgetting that him and a southern plantation owners wife have one thing in common besides skin.

Also the plantation owners themselves slept with slave women so it's not like there isn't precedent for all kinds of racists

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It's 12:40 on a Sunday afternoon, Donnie got trashed in court, torn apart on SNL, and pissed off everyone in an O'Reilly interview. He's at his vacation place in Florida, most of the Sunday shows have been on, and he's apparently golfing.

....... he has yet to tweet today.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

It's 12:40 on a Sunday afternoon, Donnie got trashed in court, torn apart on SNL, and pissed off everyone in an O'Reilly interview. He's at his vacation place in Florida, most of the Sunday shows have been on, and he's apparently golfing.

....... he has yet to tweet today.

He's on a Florida vacation :downs:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Vacation after two weeks of work. Well deserved....

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

FastestGunAlive posted:

Trump's been busy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWHNr0BrNgo

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Sorry I missed it, but what happened with his o'reilly interview?

The spicer SNL skit was so loving perfect. That tiny part where she flubs saying, "field a question" was so spot on it was beautiful.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Blind Rasputin posted:

The spicer SNL skit was so loving perfect. That tiny part where she flubs saying, "field a question" was so spot on it was beautiful.

Full interview hasn't aired yet, but in the clips released, he did another one of those 'Russia kills people, we kill people, we're not better than them' routines that he did during the campaign. A bit different when it's the president talking, so everyone's angry.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Blind Rasputin posted:

In an interview to be aired ahead of the Super Bowl later on Sunday, Bill O’Reilly asked if Trump respects Russian President Vladimir Putin, to which the he replied, “I do respect him. Well, I respect a lot of people, but that doesn’t mean I’ll get along with them.”

Seemingly surprised, O’Reilly goes on to ask him why.

"He is the leader of his country. I say it’s better to get along with Russia than not, and if Russia helps us in the fight against ISIS – which is a major fight – and the Islamic terrorism all over the world, that’s a good thing,” Trump answered.

“Will I get along with him? I have no idea.”

O’Reilly then challenged Trump, calling the Russian president “a killer.”

Trump shrugged the comment off, saying: “There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country is so innocent?”

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Pence was incapable of giving a simple affirmation that the United States is morally superior to Putin's Russia. I think the US has massive problems that we need to strive to correct, but for the president and vice-president to not unequivocally state that the United States is several orders of magnitude better than Putin's Russia is just utterly insane.

Also on Face the Nation:
https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/828293834253688832

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's weird to hear a US president say that we're not an innocent nation so casually.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

RE: America kills people

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

That said, it stopped on hell of a time.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Who the gently caress can't brag about our country being morally superior when they are elected to the second highest position in the world?
Spineless chump.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
domestically america is a better country, your foreign policy... you guys cant say too much

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
If you want to compare us to Russia over history and say we're not so innocent, I mean yeah, I can't argue that.

This was specifically about Putin, who...uh..didn't get elected legally, constantly orders murders of reporters and stuff, was head of KGB, all sorts of awful stuff.

So he's like the worst traits of Nixon, Bush 1, Trump, yet still even worse than how that all sounds.

What Trump probably meant or should have said though is "Putin and I are totally butt buddies" instead of equivocating the entire country of the USA with Vladimir Putin.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cugel the Clever posted:

Pence was incapable of giving a simple affirmation that the United States is morally superior to Putin's Russia. I think the US has massive problems that we need to strive to correct, but for the president and vice-president to not unequivocally state that the United States is several orders of magnitude better than Putin's Russia is just utterly insane.

Also on Face the Nation:
https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/828293834253688832

For me as a German especially, it's incredibly weird how perfectly normal and even expected it is, on both sides of the aisle, to say "America is the greatest country in the history of the world", or "American ideals are superior to other countries' ideals all across the world".

That said, how in the gently caress do you not churn out a simple "yes" to this question as the vice loving president? :laffo:

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Found an article regarding the town hall yesterday with Rep. Tom McClintock in Roseville, CA. A lot of the talk was centered on Obamacare, but it was basically exactly what you would have expected to hear from the Republicans. Yes, Obamacare is bad and needs to go away as soon as possible. No we don't have a plan ready to take over. Yes, our plan is going to be much better than Obamacare. No, we don't have any idea what that actually means.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/republicans-obamacare-repeal-town-halls-234651

Dennis Revell, chairman Placer County Republican Party, attributed the high turnout at the town hall to “an organized effort within the Democratic and progressive movement in this country to attempt to become the liberal equivalent of the Tea Party. They’re entitled to do that. There’s a very good member of Congress standing here in the middle of Coliseum as the liberal gladiators attempted to attack him.”

Ah. There we go. If there's people protesting, it's because they must be some crazy fringe element like the Tea Party. Then for some reason a town hall meeting gets compared to arena combat, with upset constituents cast as enemy gladiators.

FastestGunAlive posted:

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done. I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off." - Donald Trump, 2015

:raise:

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/245884-trump-i-would-rarely-leave-the-white-house

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Russia has always been horrible and they've been around longer.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

America isn't all bad, just look at this (sadly very pixelated) guy

Former Vice President Joe Biden exchanges high-fives, laughs and photo with preschoolers

quote:

Preschoolers from the Goddard School located in Bethesda, Md. were greeted to the surprise of former Vice President Joe Biden Monday morning who happened upon them.

A Goddard School teacher, present at the time, said Biden approached the youngsters and struck up a conversation.
Next thing you know, the preschoolers and Biden were exchanging high-fives, laughs and even taking a picture, the Goddard School owner Michael Pesi tells us.
“The former VP Joe Biden showed up in an impromptu manner and made the lives of several students and teachers at our preschool," Pesi says. “Although he had a strenuous schedule, he took the time to meet with our teachers and children and take a picture in the main lobby. We couldn’t have been more excited and honored.”

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

Who the gently caress can't brag about our country being morally superior when they are elected to the second highest position in the world?
Spineless chump.

He was too distracted by the freon-cooled Edging Diapers that Steve Bannon makes him wear

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Mike Pence, who decided to honor black history month by asking people to celebrate Abe Lincoln, a white man, for freeing the slaves

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Robot Hobo posted:

Ah. There we go. If there's people protesting, it's because they must be some crazy fringe element like the Tea Party.

that's actually exactly what progressive movements (groups? organizations? i dunno) like Indivisible are doing, and it's cool and good that they are doing so. the Tea Party was tremendously successful at two things:

1) organizing relatively small groups of members into a single-minded focus to
2) block change they didn't want to see happen by directly pressuring local congresspeople

i don't agree that the context the Congressman is using the phrase "Tea Party" in is what you've described in your post

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Robot Hobo posted:

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done. I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off." - Donald Trump, 2015

:raise:

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/245884-trump-i-would-rarely-leave-the-white-house

after the past 2 weeks, i think america deserves a break

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Mike Pence, who decided to honor black history month by asking people to celebrate Abe Lincoln, a white man, for freeing the slaves

Do you honestly think he knows the names of any black people.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Hexyflexy posted:

not even the name of his one black friend who assures him he's Not Racist?

man that's embarrassing

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

Well there is Darnell the shoe shine boy.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i don't agree that the context the Congressman is using the phrase "Tea Party" in is what you've described in your post
You're right. Sorry.

I keep thinking of the Tea Party as the crazies, but that they were also effective. In context here, he probably is referring to the effectiveness and not the other aspects. I just sort of assumed it was an attempt at an insult, when your read is probably closer to the intent. I guess I'm just so used to the current White House's style of communication where everything said is intended as an insult or attack in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

that's actually exactly what progressive movements (groups? organizations? i dunno) like Indivisible are doing, and it's cool and good that they are doing so. the Tea Party was tremendously successful at two things:

1) organizing relatively small groups of members into a single-minded focus to
2) block change they didn't want to see happen by directly pressuring local congresspeople

Agreed.

Honestly the only part I take issue with is the "Liberal gladiators attempting to attack this great man!" :rolleyes: bit.

• Locked thread