Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Yo, so i think i hate Swiss Army Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

You're on the right side of history.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

If you're in my position - you don't hate it, you just don't think it's nearly all it's cracked up to be.

It's weird how the film is lauded for its willful obscenity, but in reality it's ironically sanitary. It's like a reactionary, art-house I Love You, Man.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Swiss Army Man rules.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Say what you will about Armageddon, but it has a great ratio of character-actors-who-live to character-actors-who-die. You really only lose Owen Wilson and Ken Hudson Campbell. Michael Clarke Duncan, Will Patton, Steve Buscemi, William Fichtner and Peter Stormare all make it.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

K. Waste posted:

It's weird how the film is lauded for its willful obscenity, but in reality it's ironically sanitary. It's like a reactionary, art-house I Love You, Man.

We're living in very clean times.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Mike Huckabee manages to be mysoginistic, homophobic, transphobic, and a conveyer of bad movie ideas in one tweet:

https://twitter.com/govmikehuckabee/status/828038149775450112

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Whoa, Huckabee is an edgelord

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrABvZy8uc

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The Ring is a fun campfire movie that holds up and is also one of the only films set in Seattle to actually have scenes filmed in the city so props to them for that.

When we moved back from Seattle, my girlfriend and I would watch Ten Things I Hate About You because it also was filmed in Seattle. Good to know about another one and now I have an excuse to make her watch a scary movie.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I really hope Bushwick is just straight up 80s John Carpenteresque shclock camp. Be disappointed if it takes itself too seriously.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

fuckabee

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

My Cuckabee

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

"Awesome flick! Keiko and the blind girl are hilarious. The girl who plays Yuri is beautiful! Imo, Japanese women are the most beautiful women in the world. I didn't think I would like this movie as much as I did."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Biodome posted:

When we moved back from Seattle, my girlfriend and I would watch Ten Things I Hate About You because it also was filmed in Seattle. Good to know about another one and now I have an excuse to make her watch a scary movie.

You should watch The Parallax View

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

K. Waste posted:

Off-topic, do you prefer your current avi, or would you like the Richard Spencer gif along with this quote: "In case this was ever unclear: punching Nazis is extremely good and I fully endorse the practice." I'm not saying I'd do it, just asking 'cause it gives me chuckles.

I don't know; I like how my current av unwittingly(?) declares me the antichrist.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Saw The Space Between Us this morning. It was not great. Some sweet moments but felt overall the movie kept me at arm's length. The editing is a real mess and I wonder if it's not the biggest culprit here. The first third kinda careens around different character perspectives aimlessly. There's an early scene that just kinda ends mid-conversation. Tonally it's all over the map. Plot movement comes by way of (in part) some real dumb plot contrivances. Last third is stronger but it always feels superficial.

Also, I was hoping that I Am Not Your Negro was playing nearby (it isn't) so I pulled it up on Metacritic and hot drat

white people suck.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I didn't particularly like Don't Think Twice but I was still kinda surprised by how many user reviews were just ppl mad that Keegan-Michael Key & Gillian Jacobs date in the movie. Sucks 2 see

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Steak sliders: Check

Velveeta Queso Blanco with Tostitos scoop chips: Check

Honey BBQ Hot Wings: Check

Salami and various cheese cubes platter: Check

A sense of unfathomable sadness knowing my Lions are a complete loving joke, and will never play in a Super Bowl: Check

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Fifteen of Many posted:

Saw The Space Between Us this morning. It was not great. Some sweet moments but felt overall the movie kept me at arm's length. The editing is a real mess and I wonder if it's not the biggest culprit here. The first third kinda careens around different character perspectives aimlessly. There's an early scene that just kinda ends mid-conversation. Tonally it's all over the map. Plot movement comes by way of (in part) some real dumb plot contrivances. Last third is stronger but it always feels superficial.

Also, I was hoping that I Am Not Your Negro was playing nearby (it isn't) so I pulled it up on Metacritic and hot drat

white people suck.

I guarantee half those reviews didn't even watch it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Fifteen of Many posted:

white people suck.

I want to see I Am Not Your Negro so bad, I've read a bunch of great articles about it.

https://theringer.com/i-am-not-your-negro-raoul-peck-oscar-nomination-james-baldwin-d53738d8e0ca#.2cwyvc15u

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/movies/review-i-am-not-your-negro-review-james-baldwin.html

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Finally, someone else

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Fifteen of Many posted:

white people suck.

they're pretty bad imo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Death By The Blues posted:

I really hope Bushwick is just straight up 80s John Carpenteresque shclock camp. Be disappointed if it takes itself too seriously.

I've seen it and it's silly and cool. Way better than I was expecting

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfH7fKrzyvY

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Super Bowl chat, Ghost in the Shell looking weird as gently caress, so that's encouraging.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Fifteen of Many posted:

white people suck.

IS THIS A JAMES BALDWIN DOC? HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS???

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Dissapointed Owl posted:

they're pretty bad imo

I'm pretty alright personally.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

IS THIS A JAMES BALDWIN DOC? HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS???

It is, but it's in theaters and barely showing anywhere because it's a doc. I live in Houston and I still have to drive forever to see it.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It is, but it's in theaters and barely showing anywhere because it's a doc. I live in Houston and I still have to drive forever to see it.

In fairness, I just moved from Houston and you have to drive forever to get anywhere.

Charlotte, NC on the other hand, we'll be lucky to get it at all. :(

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

they're pretty bad imo

Except for the Karelians. They're alright. The Meadow Mari and the Avars can go gently caress themselves though.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I don't know; I like how my current av unwittingly(?) declares me the antichrist.

I like your current avatar, because I'm not really sure if it's a terminator or a poorly coded .gif.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mike huckabee should get hit by a truck

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
I Am Not a Serial Killer owns.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Eh the twist is super lame. I checked out after that.

I can attest it wasn't what I wanted but I also don't care enough about it to re-watch.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I'm not entirely sure what I think of Dr. Zhivago but it's a loving beautiful movie. Even if, having been to Spain a bit, it's really obviously shot in Spain.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

Eh the twist is super lame. I checked out after that.

I can attest it wasn't what I wanted but I also don't care enough about it to re-watch.

What's the twist? That he is, indeed, a serial killer?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I was thinking the exact same thing

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Lloyd is a Alien or a monster or something that eats people and shoots tentacles out of its hand or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Quick update: this baby hella strong.

• Locked thread