Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TaintedBalance posted:

I went back a couple pages, and read the OP and didn't see any preference for something besides Mod Organizer for SSE since MO2 is apparently dead in the water since Nexus snagged the core person. Are people actually trying to use the version of MO that was picked up by the community and is on Nexus currently, or should I just dehumanize myself and face towards NMM?
I am using NMM and it's "fine", but I think the new MO version would also be "fine" even though it's technically a work in progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I was using open cities on sse and don't remember oblivion gates. I uninstalled it, because it took away some planters outside breezehome from a housing mod

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Download them both and see which UI you prefer. They're close enough in functionality that the UI is a bigger difference.

Also, how's better vampires? I downloaded Sancrosanct but it feels a little overpowered, especially since Wildcat or w/e is easier than my previous mod(i made the change because the previous combat mod made npc spells even cheaper and I got sick of rapid fire expert level destruction spells.)

Burns
May 10, 2008

Thanks for this. Seems Ill have to wait until the mod author makes an Open Cities compatible version.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Nasgate posted:

Also, how's better vampires? I downloaded Sancrosanct but it feels a little overpowered, especially since Wildcat or w/e is easier than my previous mod(i made the change because the previous combat mod made npc spells even cheaper and I got sick of rapid fire expert level destruction spells.)

I love Better Vampires. Lots of customization. Leave the vanilla feeding gain (stronger when hungrier) or reverse it (stronger post feeding). Activate staggered opponents to bite mid-fight. Feed on bodies, or drain them into blood potions to use later. As you feed you gain experience towards the next vampire strength level, unlocking new abilities like spells, increased jump height. You can set an Easy Progression toggle (less feedings required to advance) in the MCM. Toggle different strengths and weaknesses, such as daylight merely preventing regeneration, to causing damage like in Oblivion. Make health potions not work at all on you, and mortals always fear you requiring the use of the included Mortal's Mask spell to disguise yourself, allowing you to enter populated areas. Lots of features in the mod, check the author's site for details.
The mod doesn't touch the Vampire Lord, for that use Royal Bloodline. There's a Better Vampires version; install it first. Then BV second, as there's an option to install a RB patch.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

That Ignorant Sap posted:

I love Better Vampires. Lots of customization. Leave the vanilla feeding gain (stronger when hungrier) or reverse it (stronger post feeding). Activate staggered opponents to bite mid-fight. Feed on bodies, or drain them into blood potions to use later. As you feed you gain experience towards the next vampire strength level, unlocking new abilities like spells, increased jump height. You can set an Easy Progression toggle (less feedings required to advance) in the MCM. Toggle different strengths and weaknesses, such as daylight merely preventing regeneration, to causing damage like in Oblivion. Make health potions not work at all on you, and mortals always fear you requiring the use of the included Mortal's Mask spell to disguise yourself, allowing you to enter populated areas. Lots of features in the mod, check the author's site for details.
The mod doesn't touch the Vampire Lord, for that use Royal Bloodline. There's a Better Vampires version; install it first. Then BV second, as there's an option to install a RB patch.

I'll have to do that, but Royal Bloodline isn't up yet for SE.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Are there any SE mods yet that let you control your leveling speed? There's one that cuts it by 50% but I usually like to do more than that.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

counterfeitsaint posted:

Are there any SE mods yet that let you control your leveling speed? There's one that cuts it by 50% but I usually like to do more than that.

SkyTweak did it on the fly, but it was more a real-time access to the dials that you'd have to modify an .esp for. Take that one you've found and just adjust that to your liking, if you look at the changes it makes in TESVEdit to the original you should be able to see how the crucial numbers work.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Have a mod setup that's working great, but am getting a CTD whenever I talk to a magic merchant. Is this a known issue?

Relevant mods might include SPERG, Lightweight Potions, Unread Books Glow, Apocalypse, Midas Magic, Wintermyst, Elemental Destruction Magic, Immersive College of Winterhold, Better Sorting, and ASIS.

I believe I have all the compatibility patches between them, have made a merged patch through TES5, and have sorted with LOOT.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Quick question- Until now I just had a base copy of Skyrim, with a few mods. Sperg, some weapons and armors, etc. Will anything likely break if I install all the DLC ?

e: I am aware of the unoffical patch that I can finally get as well. In fact I think I had a extra monsters or extra spells mod a while back that broke the game, maybe they'd work now because the spell one seemed pretty neat.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Feb 10, 2017

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Quick question- Until now I just had a base copy of Skyrim, with a few mods. Sperg, some weapons and armors, etc. Will anything likely break if I install all the DLC ?

e: I am aware of the unoffical patch that I can finally get as well. In fact I think I had a extra monsters or extra spells mod a while back that broke the game, maybe they'd work now because the spell one seemed pretty neat.

Mods always specify what, if any, DLC they depend on, and it's usually 'all of it'. DLC is actually handled internal to the game the same way mods are.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
One implication of this is that if you've been using mods without the DLCs, they can't require the DLC, and so the introduction of the DLC probably won't cause a problem because your existing mods can't know about anything the DLCs add.

...but I wouldn't be 100% sure of this, honestly.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

It shouldn't. The DLCs were setup so that you can add them to an ongoing game without any problem. You may want to check if any of the current mods you're using has compatibility issues / patches with the DLC though.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Raygereio posted:

It shouldn't. The DLCs were setup so that you can add them to an ongoing game without any problem. You may want to check if any of the current mods you're using has compatibility issues / patches with the DLC though.

SPERG, for instance.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
So I've decided to finally give SE a go since I've been itching to play Skyrim again. I'm looking over various mods I might want to add and what's the opinion on Cutting Room Floor? It looks great at a glance but what does it really add in real terms?

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

A bunch of cut side quests, NPC's and locations, pretty much. This includes a couple side quests that'll slightly prolong the Mage's Guild and Companions, if you're into that. Nice stuff, not totally essential.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

NuclearPotato posted:

A bunch of cut side quests, NPC's and locations, pretty much. This includes a couple side quests that'll slightly prolong the Mage's Guild and Companions, if you're into that. Nice stuff, not totally essential.

Prolonging the Mage quests is perfect for me. I always felt my progression from rookie to King of Magic was really fast.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ComposerGuy posted:

Prolonging the Mage quests is perfect for me. I always felt my progression from rookie to King of Magic was really fast.

I don't think it does that much, there are different mods to make skill or time requirements for guilds which is what you want.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It adds a few random bits of dialog, that's all I've noticed so far, but I haven't gotten very far. Stormcloak cart buddy calls the head Thalmor lady a bitch during the intro, that made the download worth it to me. Also the head Thalmor lady is in Helgan during the intro.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

It adds a few random bits of dialog, that's all I've noticed so far, but I haven't gotten very far. Stormcloak cart buddy calls the head Thalmor lady a bitch during the intro, that made the download worth it to me. Also the head Thalmor lady is in Helgan during the intro.

Isn't it also the same one that adds in a few terrible fanmade soundclips, since it's been made by head autist Arthmoor? Stuff like the terrible "Dovakin, nooooooooooooo!" you hear when you kill that first dragon. Or was that another one of his mods?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Isn't it also the same one that adds in a few terrible fanmade soundclips, since it's been made by head autist Arthmoor? Stuff like the terrible "Dovakin, nooooooooooooo!" you hear when you kill that first dragon. Or was that another one of his mods?

that was the unofficial patch which makes it even more of a gently caress up

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Perestroika posted:

The "Dovakin, nooooooo" is part of the unofficial patch.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Zore posted:

The "Dovakin, nooooooo" is part of the unofficial patch.

Huh, I always thought that was part of the base game. Maybe I've never played Skyrim without the unofficial patch.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

Huh, I always thought that was part of the base game. Maybe I've never played Skyrim without the unofficial patch.
If you've played a non-english version of the game, it would have been in there. Only the English version doesn't have the voice file for that line.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Cutting room floor adds in some really bad shaders for alteration armor.

The mod that removes them didn't work for me. So you may need to gently caress around in tessedit.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Raygereio posted:

If you've played a non-english version of the game, it would have been in there. Only the English version doesn't have the voice file for that line.

Then couldn't the unofficial patch have just used the voice file for one of the other languages and inserted it for English instead of the Arthmoor garbage?

"No" for, well, "no" is not exactly limited to English, and I can't see any reason why "dovahkiin", a made-up word anyway, would be significantly (or at all) different in other languages. And all dragon voices basically sound alike anyway.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Vil posted:

Then couldn't the unofficial patch have just used the voice file for one of the other languages and inserted it for English instead of the Arthmoor garbage?
"No" for, well, "no" is not exactly limited to English, and I can't see any reason why "dovahkiin", a made-up word anyway, would be significantly (or at all) different in other languages. And all dragon voices basically sound alike anyway.
The problem with that is that "Dovahkiin! No!!" sounds stupid even when said by professional voice actors. Also Mirmulnir has several other barks he can say during his fight like "Brit grah. I had forgotten what fine sport you mortals can provide!" and "You are brave. Balaan hokoron. Your defeat brings me honor."
Honestly, I'm still half convinced the English version lacks those voice files because some Bethesda dev realized how dumb all of Mirmulnir's lines are and deleted them.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

SPERG, for instance.

Dang, should I start a new game then? I can't remember if there was a non dlc version of SPERG I installed or not, but either way it's been working fine with the game before.

e: Mod Organizer says I have version 4.0 of SPERG

e2: I booted it up for a quick play, running skyrim launcher from MO shows dlc as installed, and the game plays fine so far booting it up like I normally would to run mods.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 11, 2017

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
So, new computer, and I'm feeling the itch to kill dragons. I had SPERG running on the old computer, but I'm trying to get that and other mods set up under MO and I'm just confusing myself. I've installed SKSE and MO is running off it, but whenever it starts Skyrim runs in a tiny 800x450 window. Running straight from Steam gives me the full window with max resolution, but I don't see where to set that up for SKSE. Also, in the OP and other places I'm seeing reference to putting things in \data\SKSE, but I can't find that specific location anywhere. I see \data and I see \SKSE, but they're not linked at all.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Dang, should I start a new game then? I can't remember if there was a non dlc version of SPERG I installed or not, but either way it's been working fine with the game before.

e: Mod Organizer says I have version 4.0 of SPERG

e2: I booted it up for a quick play, running skyrim launcher from MO shows dlc as installed, and the game plays fine so far booting it up like I normally would to run mods.

The patches are included in the main download, they should be in the "optional" folder.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!

LaserShark posted:

So, new computer, and I'm feeling the itch to kill dragons. I had SPERG running on the old computer, but I'm trying to get that and other mods set up under MO and I'm just confusing myself. I've installed SKSE and MO is running off it, but whenever it starts Skyrim runs in a tiny 800x450 window. Running straight from Steam gives me the full window with max resolution, but I don't see where to set that up for SKSE. Also, in the OP and other places I'm seeing reference to putting things in \data\SKSE, but I can't find that specific location anywhere. I see \data and I see \SKSE, but they're not linked at all.

run the skyrim launcher through MO once and configure the video and screen settings. MO uses its own skyrimprefs.ini independent of the skyrim folder. so steam reads the original configuration settings and sets everything on max or ultra but MO has everything set to standard or low since it probably misses skyrimprefs.ini or hasn't set it up correctly.
after you have done that you can run SKSE through MO and it will use the correct settings using MO's Skyrimprefs.ini.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Anyone know a mod for Skyrim SE that lets you loot or interact with things as a Vampire Lord?

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
I really need to finish skyrim. I did the thiefs guild, dark brotherhood, companions, the civil war quest lines and many little quests all over the world but I never finished the main quest.

My main problem was that you could "finish" leveling which killed it a bit for me. When I had level 100 sneaking, daggers, bows, security and so on. There wasn't much left to advance in. I also leveled things like heavy armor and two handed weapons to 70. And used my spare mana on conjuration spells to level that. Then I stuck all the talent points into my main trees.

So it wasn't like Oblivion where I could master anything by doing it. In Skyrim I could have max level destruction and be completely useless as a mage because I spent the talents somewhere else.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Dejawesp posted:

I really need to finish skyrim. I did the thiefs guild, dark brotherhood, companions, the civil war quest lines and many little quests all over the world but I never finished the main quest.

My main problem was that you could "finish" leveling which killed it a bit for me. When I had level 100 sneaking, daggers, bows, security and so on. There wasn't much left to advance in. I also leveled things like heavy armor and two handed weapons to 70. And used my spare mana on conjuration spells to level that. Then I stuck all the talent points into my main trees.

So it wasn't like Oblivion where I could master anything by doing it. In Skyrim I could have max level destruction and be completely useless as a mage because I spent the talents somewhere else.

Doesn't making a skill Legendary kind of fix this?

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Doesn't making a skill Legendary kind of fix this?

Was that when you restarted a skill after reaching 100?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Dejawesp posted:

Was that when you restarted a skill after reaching 100?

I think so. Doesn't that let you level forever? Or is there a hard cap?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You can level forever, and keep amassing perk points until you get tired of it.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Wait, do you not lose your perks when you make a skill legendary?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
The points are refunded, so you lose them, but can put them back in on top of earning new points from leveling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I hate that if you play Elder Scrolls games normally, you spent like 2/3s of the game as an unstoppable god killing hordes of bandits wearing full suits of ebony and glass armor like they're nothing. I just started again and I have it set so I level at 15% of normal. I actually have to give a drat about my gear because it won't be obsolete after 20 minutes. Might drop it down to 10 or 12% even.