Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Koenigs loving deliver yet again. :allears:

Also I like how they had LT and then quadruplets. That... must have been surprising for Mama and Papa Koenig. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

bloodychill posted:

Been watching Patton since the 90's, he does funny stand up.

In any case, dude is in a library and he doesn't swap the Darkhold out of the bag before confronting the bad guys. That last scene was very sloppily composed too. How did the bad guys get away? Why weren't they arrested? No readily apparent answers to these questions.

Beard dude looked to be the only one to escape, and he zapped Quake before his buddies came in. Pretty safe to assume he ducked out during the firefight.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I totally thought the end of the episode was Radcliff opening up the case and finding like Spider-Man #1 or something.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

what an amazing fantasy

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

I totally thought the end of the episode was Radcliff opening up the case and finding like Spider-Man #1 or something.

With dog eared corners and a coffee stain

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

PunkBoy posted:

Beard dude looked to be the only one to escape, and he zapped Quake before his buddies came in. Pretty safe to assume he ducked out during the firefight.

That's the assumption, it just wasn't communicated very well. I get that they wanted to escalate the overall conflict by placing the Darkhold with Radcliffe while creating a back-and-forth sense of tension but it made for an incredibly awkward set of scenes. Might have been better to have robot Mei versus Quake or something.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4, Episode 12: Hot Potato Soup

http://i.imgur.com/MVv4uqv.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/5brqvTi.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/fOOznrQ.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/9NkVQc6.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/mYg7JTi.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/UJ3Gi8K.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/RG6zw6C.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/KDv1zb8.gifv

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The best scenes of the episode.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Also is it me or has Aida gotten a lot better at fighting? She went from wildly flailing her arms to actually kicking rear end.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo, why the gently caress is season 3 60 bucks on amazon and only available through third party sellers?

Episode Talk: Radcliff is playing a game here. He is 100% interested in the darkhold, but he's probing these guys for information. I feel he still has sympathies for SHIELD.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

enraged_camel posted:

Also is it me or has Aida gotten a lot better at fighting? She went from wildly flailing her arms to actually kicking rear end.

She's got the MayNot upgrade.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Radcliff definitely still has strong SHIELD sympathies. The most interesting thing about him at this point is that he still thinks he can take the moral high ground. He genuinely believes himself to be the good guy in a way that none of the other SHIELD antagonists over the years really have.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

kayakyakr posted:

Huh, she'd make a great Doctor.

Scenes with her running would be a little problematic.

edit: Daisy straight up breaking MayNot's leg was hardcore.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Spergatory posted:

Radcliff definitely still has strong SHIELD sympathies. The most interesting thing about him at this point is that he still thinks he can take the moral high ground. He genuinely believes himself to be the good guy in a way that none of the other SHIELD antagonists over the years really have.

I think you're forgetting the way Ward used to treat Daisy.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Doctor Butts posted:

Scenes with her running would be a little problematic.

Would require a substantial amount of strapping.

bloodychill posted:

That's the assumption, it just wasn't communicated very well. I get that they wanted to escalate the overall conflict by placing the Darkhold with Radcliffe while creating a back-and-forth sense of tension but it made for an incredibly awkward set of scenes. Might have been better to have robot Mei versus Quake or something.

Daisy is beyond May at this point because:

Doctor Butts posted:

edit: Daisy straight up breaking MayNot's leg was hardcore.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Why wouldn't Radcliffe just make a coulson LMD for the superior to awkwardly drink vodka with? It doesn't have to be smart and brainy, just meaty enough to gouge the eyes out and whatever fetishes the superior has wrt old fashioned human torture.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

Season 4, Episode 12: Hot Potato Soup
http://i.imgur.com/fOOznrQ.gifv

HE'S MAKING A DEVICE TO DESTROY THE DARKHOLD!!

.... oh.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Canned Panda posted:

.... oh.

It's dumb little poo poo like this that makes this show so endearing to me.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spergatory posted:

While I suspect the superior will kill him for not being a "SIMPLE MAN" I honestly like Radcliff a lot, and want to see him redeem himself before the end.

I have a soft spot for mad scientists who really are trying to do good through extremely bad ways. If they have another season they should get Jeffry Combs to stop by. No movie or show is not improved by that.

ED: Then again Qyburn on Game of Thrones was one of my favorite characters almost immediately. The show version not the book version.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

That was a pretty good episode. I guess I'm literally the only person on earth who doesn't see what the big deal is with Oswalt. It's probably because the first several times I've heard about him, it's been from him wading into the sea of human feces that is twitter *ahem* activism.

Nah. I'm right there with you. I don't really care for him. His character(s) on AOS are fine, but beyond that, I don't care.

bloodychill posted:

In any case, dude is in a library and he doesn't swap the Darkhold out of the bag before confronting the bad guys. That last scene was very sloppily composed too. How did the bad guys get away? Why weren't they arrested? No readily apparent answers to these questions.

Was it just my feed, or was the transition to May having the Darkhold poorly done? I saw her ask Coulson if he meant what he said, then it cut instantly to commercial. When it came back, she had the Darkhold, and was pointing a gun at him. It feels something was cut out...

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Kheldarn posted:

Nah. I'm right there with you. I don't really care for him. His character(s) on AOS are fine, but beyond that, I don't care.

Was it just my feed, or was the transition to May having the Darkhold poorly done? I saw her ask Coulson if he meant what he said, then it cut instantly to commercial. When it came back, she had the Darkhold, and was pointing a gun at him. It feels something was cut out...

Yeah whatever you watched had parts cut off. Koenig comes out the door holding the bag, hands it off to May, L. T. alerts them to the Watchdogs coming in with Billy and the Koenigs rush over there. Coulson tells her to give it to him and she refuses and pulls her gun.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Soonmot posted:

holy poo poo, why the gently caress is season 3 60 bucks on amazon and only available through third party sellers?

What region? Region 1 is still not out and still shows as TBA. Region 2 was released just this past Monday.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Patton was on Justified, too, and was awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Apoplexy posted:

Patton is a goddamned prince. I wonder if he gets paid for each different character on AoS.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

I wonder if he gets paid for each different character on AoS.

They get a bulk discount.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I want more Koenings on SHIELD more often. The bullying older sister was also fantastic.

I'd like to believe they joined SHIELD after living in Pawnee.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

What region? Region 1 is still not out and still shows as TBA. Region 2 was released just this past Monday.

Region 1. Good to know

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Canned Panda posted:

.... oh.

Ok, seriously, am I the only one who honestly first thought he was building a Koenig?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Apoplexy posted:

He was just in 1 episode of Santa Clarita with Tim Olyphant.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
A very good episode.

I liked the Koenigs stuff. Pretty much all of their scenes and their interactions with the SHIELD crew (I think especially with Daisy). Artemis being their older sister was great casting choice too, and she was quite badass.

The ending kind of felt rushed. I mean the way they handled the outcome of the confrontation at the library, and how Radcliffe and the other guy escaped. And the Superior knowing that Coulson is alive and around (he must have more than photos by that point, since at least his goons and Nadeer have seen him and fought him) but still asking if he is dead was confusing.

Also, who is the new SHIELD guy they bring along and kind of hangs out in SHIELD get-togethers (the one that Artemis took down), with maybe a line or two of dialogue in the script? Do I forget him, or is he some random red-shirt or is he slowly being introduced to the team as regular?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

AbstractNapper posted:

Also, who is the new SHIELD guy they bring along and kind of hangs out in SHIELD get-togethers (the one that Artemis took down), with maybe a line or two of dialogue in the script? Do I forget him, or is he some random red-shirt or is he slowly being introduced to the team as regular?

random red shirt

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
Is it too obvious to suggest the Superior will be Fitz's dad? Everyone's already thought that, right?

I would go with the theory that Radcliff hasn't yet decided which side he's on, so he's playing both of them until he figures out which will give him the best outcome. Admittedly, the chances of him getting back in with SHIELD as this point are looking fairly slim.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Maelstache posted:

Is it too obvious to suggest the Superior will be Fitz's dad? Everyone's already thought that, right?

Seems likely and was my thoughts on it. Could be ADA and she's puppet mastering the whole thing as a puppet, that would be appropriately silly. Or maybe it's triple zombie Ward, his consciousness all uploaded into a computer.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bloodychill posted:

Seems likely and was my thoughts on it. Could be ADA and she's puppet mastering the whole thing as a puppet, that would be appropriately silly. Or maybe it's triple zombie Ward, his consciousness all uploaded into a computer.

Ward gets a headless Zola body.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Wasn't submarine captain dude the superior?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Maelstache posted:

Would feel kind of weird to introduce them way past halfway through the season, but I suppose it's possible.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Remember when FitzSimmons wanted to recruit Radcliffe? And how he was part machine/cyborg? Yeah, neither do the writers!

The Lord Bude posted:

I think that was a red herring. Radcliffe was told he had to meet The Superior, but the next time we see him, he's supposedly a hostage. The meeting probably happened off-screen.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

The Lord Bude posted:

Yes. Anton Ivanov was “The Superior”.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah no way is he the true "Superior". There will be some big dramatic reveal who it really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Medullah posted:

Yeah no way is he the true "Superior". There will be some big dramatic reveal who it really is.

Alpha LMD Grant Ward.

• Locked thread