Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I clicked this link and then one related video before realizing that I have done irreparable damage to my youtube recommendations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I wish games had female characters

well here's one where you can be shodan and have a dead wife

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

tap my mountain posted:

That picture is suspiciously missing something from fallout

FATHER: i am your son

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

I clicked this link and then one related video before realizing that I have done irreparable damage to my youtube recommendations.

Sorry about that, still, that video is a classic.

The guy who originally made that video tried to sue someone else who made a parody of it, before deleting it out of shame. :sad:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am a Gamer, not because I don't have a life

oh wait no it actually is because of that, sorry

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was a gamer because I had no life, then I got a job and am no longer even a gamer.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I feel like lives as a mechanic are obsolete at this point

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Poops Mcgoots posted:

The craziest part of this to me is that some guy sat down and did this for fun. Like, he got a gameboy color to play a spongebob clip in pokemon yellow and his reasoning for doing it was "yeah, this'll be neat!"

It is pretty neat tbqh

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Welp, I ended up Steam refunding Double Dragon 4. It feels a bit cheap, like I'm holding the game's short length against it, but it's really more that I know I'm never ever going to replay it, unlike other short games I really love. Now, I'm gonna play the River City Ransom Underground beta I just got in my inbox, and hope it's better.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Absolutely

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mario should be the only video game character allowed to have lives

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Witcher 3 is too big. There's just so much poo poo to do that I get overwhelmed by all of it, plus you level really really slowly so you kinda have to hit up all the sidequests to advance the main story. I'm also not engrossed enough in the world/side stories to really get pumped to do them all.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sup everybody, what's shakin in here

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Free to play games have made them relevant again, in the way they were for the arcade era

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

Watching Sealab on Adult Swim. I haven't had cable in 4 years so this is pretty sweet.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Watching Sealab on Adult Swim. I haven't had cable in 4 years so this is pretty sweet.

Pre or post murphy?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

Pre or post murphy?

They're playing them in order, it was the one where Debbie wants a baby.

You mean there's a.... black Stormy?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FirstAidKite posted:

watch that video I posted and witness a dude rewriting Pokemon Yellow and making the Game Boy Color do things it was never meant to do

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Pollyanna posted:

plus you level really really slowly so you kinda have to hit up all the sidequests to advance the main story.

the sidequests don't give nearly as much xp as the main quests. trying to level off them is a mistake

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

I am trying to play Burnout Paradise but it won't recognize my controller no matter what I do even though it's listed in the controller menu. I am trying so hard and I have had to listen to the opening of Guns n' Roses' Paradise City so much now that I want to cry

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Witcher 3 is too big. There's just so much poo poo to do that I get overwhelmed by all of it, plus you level really really slowly so you kinda have to hit up all the sidequests to advance the main story. I'm also not engrossed enough in the world/side stories to really get pumped to do them all.

Witcher 3's side quests give much, much less EXP than the main quests. If you're grinding side quests for EXP then I have no idea what you're doing. Hell, I found that I was overleveled for most things after the first few hours.

About the time you leave Velen you probably shouldn't find the game difficult enough that you need to worry about your level at all, I wouldn't think.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ekster posted:

I think we can all agree that No Man's Sky is a different kind of tragedy.

The Foundation update actually made it a really good game. The proc-gen was tweaked, resulting in more things like massive canyons, craters, big mountains, beaches, planets with bigger oceans, etc.

At the same time, the base building gives you missions (very similar to Dragon Quest Builders in a way) which give you a much cooler sense of progression (for example, you can no longer mine everything right off the bat, some things require Advanced Mining Lasers or Hazmat Gloves to harvest).

It's more like the game I wanted, now, and I hope the ground vehicles get implemented soon because driving across these planets would be great.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Being under leveled in Witcher 3 is an insane claim. I spent most of the game desperately wondering how I can see the things I want to see without comically over-leveling them. EXP is everywhere. You would have to be doing some kind of Minimal Content Clown Run to be chronically under-leveled.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah making peace with the fact that basically every quest was going to be grey for the rest of the game was something I had to do very early on. I can't imagine feeling like you level up too slowly.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did the Gwent game turn out to be any good

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:confused: I feel underleveled as hell. Even in Velen, I keep running into packs of level 16 drowners guarding loot chests while I'm still level 12. This might all be exacerbated by the fact that I keep trying to clear every single ? on the map, of which there's like a hundred. I'm at like 20-25 hours already. I might be playing this game wrong.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

:confused: I feel underleveled as hell. Even in Velen, I keep running into packs of level 16 drowners guarding loot chests while I'm still level 12. This might all be exacerbated by the fact that I keep trying to clear every single ? on the map, of which there's like a hundred. I'm at like 20-25 hours already. I might be playing this game wrong.

play story missions they are worth like 40x more xp than everything else.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Now, I'm gonna play the River City Ransom Underground beta I just got in my inbox, and hope it's better.

Oh nooooooooooo

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Level gating certain content behind red skull level enemies is the biggest failing off Witcher 3. It's really dumb.

Edit: like, yeah you can just go do a main quest and come back, but you already ride back and forth across the area plenty of times. It hinders natural exploration and the strengths of the open world.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lurdiak posted:

Oh nooooooooooo

lol

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Pollyanna posted:

Unless you're playing on one of the higher difficulties, you should be able to take out level 16s at level 12 with a little bit of care and preparation.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I am trying to play Burnout Paradise but it won't recognize my controller no matter what I do even though it's listed in the controller menu. I am trying so hard and I have had to listen to the opening of Guns n' Roses' Paradise City so much now that I want to cry

Aww :( Hang in there and power through, I'm sure you'll figure out something soon!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Oh nooooooooooo

thats a bummer. play the 3ds game its funny as heck and real true to the original games.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Instead of doing yet another trilogy playthrough on PS3, I'm considering picking up the Mass Effect games on PC. My question is, are there any good mods that significantly change the games up?

e: oh poo poo, 3DS Wooly World is out? I think I'll pick that up instead.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah its called kotor 2.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

precision posted:

Instead of doing yet another trilogy playthrough on PS3, I'm considering picking up the Mass Effect games on PC. My question is, are there any good mods that significantly change the games up?
There are some texture mods and some that improve loading but there's nothing remotely essential I think.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Real hurthling! posted:

thats a bummer. play the 3ds game its funny as heck and real true to the original games.

I keep forgetting this exists and it sounds awesome.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I feel like RCR underground might be good someday, depending on how much time there is left between now and the official release. As it is, the bugs are pretty noticeable (settings in the options will randomly change and not let you switch them back to default, the in-game news alerts will pop up but have no text, enemies will get stuck in walls and become really difficult to hit but still be able to hit you back), there's some obviously placeholder items in the stores that are free and do nothing, and the difficulty balance is COMPLETELY hosed. I spent 2 hours just dying over and over during what's supposed to be the tutorial section. The enemies can combo you to death pretty easily, and since it's a game where you have no extra lives and health pickups don't spawn, it's like being stuck in an infinite loop of dying and starting over from the beginning of the first stage, double dragon 3 style. I eventually got to the part where the game finally opens up instead of putting you on a track (and I only did so by letting my AI partner do all the fighting), and the loop instead became "constantly get your money halved when you die, making it impossible to save up enough to buy any of the stat-upgrading items".

Like this isn't even a "get good" type of situation, this is "the devs obviously playtested this game themselves and don't realize how broken it is".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

I keep forgetting this exists and it sounds awesome.

its really cool. i was laughing so hard the main character says some amazing poo poo to his teacher
it got some mediocre scores for being limited in scope but its perfect if you loved rcr. only thing missing is the sauna scenes

• Locked thread