Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

:confused: I feel underleveled as hell. Even in Velen, I keep running into packs of level 16 drowners guarding loot chests while I'm still level 12. This might all be exacerbated by the fact that I keep trying to clear every single ? on the map, of which there's like a hundred. I'm at like 20-25 hours already. I might be playing this game wrong.

Those are your indication that you're not supposed to try and explore everywhere and collect all the ? right away. Doing that is a good way to burn yourself out. Let the quests and plot guide you around the world and take excursions when something seems interesting. Yes you will occasionally run into monsters that are too high level to deal with, but they're never guarding anything critical and you can always come back later. Taking level appropriate quests and following the plot will have you leveling up very quickly and then you can collect things more easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015
I finally bought myself an Xbox 360 controller after deciding I needed to branch out from the 2 games I play in any given half decade. Time to churn through all of the surplus games I've amassed over the years and never touched. Started with Evoland 2. I can't tell if I'm enjoying it because it's the first game I've played with a controller in over 10 years or because it's genuinely a decent game. The humour is definitely wearing on me.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Real hurthling! posted:

only thing missing is the sauna scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgqRis_czYg

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Aww :( Hang in there and power through, I'm sure you'll figure out something soon!

I eventually got it working, thankfully. Here is the insane process I had to go through to use a controller in Burnout Paradise:

First off: The PS4 controller just straight up did not function at all, whether I was pretending it was a 360 controller via InputMapper or just doing it by itself. It claimed there was a 360 controller plugged in ingame but did nothing to acknowledge that fact.

To get a controller working in Burnout Paradise I had to start with the PS4 controller plugged in, unplug it once I was ingame, plug in an xbone controller, then manually remap every single button from the 360's buttons to the xbone's buttons, which are the same buttons. So now the xbone controller works if I do that. Video game ports

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Huh weird, I played through Paradise a few months ago with InputMapper and had no issues. PC gaming ...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It also crashes every time I try to log into EA's stupid account system from nearly 10 years ago, so I have to go through the process of declining the online stuff every time I want to play. I am unable to figure out why this happens and the internet has been no help so oh well.

edit: I mostly wanted to chill while drifting around wide corners and listening to eurobeat but it seems EA has other ideas, like trying their goddamndest to keep me from playing their video games

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sockmafia posted:

I finally bought myself an Xbox 360 controller after deciding I needed to branch out from the 2 games I play in any given half decade. Time to churn through all of the surplus games I've amassed over the years and never touched. Started with Evoland 2. I can't tell if I'm enjoying it because it's the first game I've played with a controller in over 10 years or because it's genuinely a decent game. The humour is definitely wearing on me.

I think it's probably the former

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is the current status of Star Citizen? How much of the game is playable right now?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

I feel like lives as a mechanic are obsolete at this point
I did not have regenerating health, so I became a gamer and now I'm dead

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This new job and signing up for a new gym and a new bank and rolling over my 401K are really cutting into my Bloodborne time!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

This new job and signing up for a new gym and a new bank and rolling over my 401K are really cutting into my Bloodborne time!!

Leave your job, stop going to the gym and don't save money. Problem solved.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Also, I did really want to start streaming once I got the PS4 so that I could show off Yoshi, gamer bird, but trying to figure all of that out on top of this major life change is hard. My dream of conning a few friends into watching me play games and getting them to donate to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation once a year is dying on the vine. Somebody please give me eight extra hours each day.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

Also, I did really want to start streaming once I got the PS4 so that I could show off Yoshi, gamer bird, but trying to figure all of that out on top of this major life change is hard. My dream of conning a few friends into watching me play games and getting them to donate to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation once a year is dying on the vine. Somebody please give me eight extra hours each day.

do meth

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Andrast posted:

Leave your job, stop going to the gym and don't save money. Problem solved.

I want to do this, but I also need food, and I am responsible for two (2) health insurances. Also, when I took a long break from the gym and played a bunch of Skyrim, my shoulders stopped working and I had to stop playing video games and go to physical therapy.

Tell me more...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

consult your local derelict barn

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Hmmm, I may be out of luck here. Do you have anything more urban?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

Hmmm, I may be out of luck here. Do you have anything more urban?

pcp? ask loose cigarette dealers for wet

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

It also crashes every time I try to log into EA's stupid account system from nearly 10 years ago, so I have to go through the process of declining the online stuff every time I want to play. I am unable to figure out why this happens and the internet has been no help so oh well.

edit: I mostly wanted to chill while drifting around wide corners and listening to eurobeat but it seems EA has other ideas, like trying their goddamndest to keep me from playing their video games

Are you playing on Steam or Origin? I tried playing not to long ago with a wired Xbox 360 pad and had no trouble and yeah that drat EA thing is busted because that morphed into an Origin account. Have you tried logging in with that?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

legend of kay's camera is like PS1-era bad even though it's a PS2-era game

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
Thumper is really good and cool, I like the fact that it's somehow kind of disturbing

Hitting perfect turns is hard as gently caress though

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Real hurthling! posted:

its really cool. i was laughing so hard the main character says some amazing poo poo to his teacher
it got some mediocre scores for being limited in scope but its perfect if you loved rcr. only thing missing is the sauna scenes

It's got some neat callbacks that most US players won't get, like that all your AI companions are the level bosses from the first Kunio game, because the first game came to the US as Renegade and all the graphics and sprites were done over to make it a Warriors knockoff.

The lack of scope is a legit issue though, it's the main reason I have no desire to play it again after having finished it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm still sad River City Ransom EX wasn't very good. Like in theory, adding more story, more gangs, more weapons, more super moves and incorporating the reputation system, companions and some characters from the weird JP-only edo-period sequel seems like a great idea, but in practice, well, Zack Parsons said it best when he described the design as "changing the game just enough to ruin it".

Aside from a bunch of the moves being completely overpowered and the new combat system totally breaking the simple flow of the original, the enemies stay down about 4x as long, making it really easy to completely destroy them if you don't care about your "rep", removing any real challenge from the game. They also couldn't be bothered giving everyone jeans and a t-shirt like they're SUPPOSED to have. Plus it doesn't have any form of co-op, what the gently caress!

There's also a weird bug in the US version where the credits screen has no credits.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i started stardew valley, and i started okhlos but learned you have to beat it in one run or start all the way over, bleh

i'm on day 3 in stardew valley and still haven't found everyone yet to introduce myself. i'm 6 people short. i have to go over to the mines and see who's there i guess

anyway current mood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_BAo9fGPs

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wamdoodle posted:

Are you playing on Steam or Origin? I tried playing not to long ago with a wired Xbox 360 pad and had no trouble and yeah that drat EA thing is busted because that morphed into an Origin account. Have you tried logging in with that?

I've got the game on both and neither of them had any difference from the other. Unfortunately the only way it'll let me TRY to log in (which crashes the game) is if I use the email address I had 10 years ago to log into my EA account from 10 years ago. It says "ok login accepted" and then just crashes so fuckit, I didn't wanna play online anyway.

edit: my current mood is drifting hairpins in burnout paradise to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrxJCOVsV1E&t=111s

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

They found a dead body in one near me recently

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

There's also a weird bug in the US version where the credits screen has no credits.

If the game sucks maybe that's not an accident.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lobok posted:

If the game sucks maybe that's not an accident.

Just a credits list where everyone is credited as Alan Smithee

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone ever wish they didn't spend twenty thousand hours playing video games

The other night i had a dream where i had the Blue Box and Key from the film Mulholland Drive and when i opened it i found myself fighting a Bloodborne hunter who was basically just Revolver Ocelot. However, the fight glitched out and he never attacked so i just shot him in the face over and over 'til i won.

...so, maybe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a kitten posted:

The other night i had a dream where i had the Blue Box and Key from the film Mulholland Drive and when i opened it i found myself fighting a Bloodborne hunter who was basically just Revolver Ocelot. However, the fight glitched out and he never attacked so i just shot him in the face over and over 'til i won.

...so, maybe.

Lol awesome

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

a kitten posted:

...so, maybe.

I had a dream where I tried to catch a train and then I clipped through the roof and got caught on a bridge, and then I was getting dragged along behind and above the train for a while. My dreams, now brought to you by Bethesda Softworks :shrug:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has anyone ever had a pair of headphones that lasted more than 6 months or am I just cursed

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
My pair of lovely Skull Candy headphones has been working for years. They broke once when I ran over the cord with a rolly chair, but I took an xacto knife to the cord with the intent of splicing it back together, but I didn't even need to do that. They just started working again. I've been using them with a half inch of exposed wire for 2 years now. I can't believe they work at all.

Like I was gonna put electrical tape over it, but then I never did.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I go through a pair of headphones every two weeks

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress do you guys do to your headphones? I certainly don't take care of mine...

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Help Im Alive posted:

Has anyone ever had a pair of headphones that lasted more than 6 months or am I just cursed

My logitech g930 has lasted forever. Probably because there's no longer a cable to murder with my chair or use as an improvised slingshot when I put them somewhere stupid. My cabled bose qc25 has lived for ~2 years in my backpack and still work just fine.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

They found a dead body in one near me recently

That means you're going in the right direction.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Vincent posted:

That means you're going in the right direction.

No, dead bodies mean you've already been there. Live enemies means you're going the right direction...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Help Im Alive posted:

Had a run-of-the-mill pair that lasted years but had to finally give them up because the thin plastic covering the foam over the ears was flaking off like mad and getting everywhere. They still worked, though. I've yet to find a proper replacement. So many headphones either have small ear coverings, which ends up pinching my ears after a while, or the headband isn't padded so the top of my head starts to hurt after a while, or the sound leaks too much, or the cord is too short. I didn't know how good I had it with that old pair... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

woke up to samurai jack 5 trailer wooeee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w

• Locked thread