Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Are crafting queues really buggy? We have a forge jammed with dozens of queued items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

sweet now if they'll fix the fake item duplicate bug

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Riddle of Steel server - might have bad news...

Several people on Steam are reporting the last patch wiped their server. Looks like we are also affected.(no biggie I can set xp and resources to 5x for 1-2 hrs and we catch up again)

Edit: forget what I wrote - seems I get routed to a false server since the patch....what the....

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 5, 2017

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I was just on the server, everything was fine. Part of the patch notes talk about database backups because it's apparently prone to corruption.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Rebooted my machine and its all good now. Riddle of Steel is updated and running again.

We have spiders in the base and I just died, also once you log in you must bind to a bed again, I just got kicked back to the newbie spawn.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
They really need to fix the bed respawn soon, sucks when you forget to bind and have to walk all the way from the desert.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Something is borked for me. When I try to connect to our server, I instead land on some other server in Denmark.

I managed to get in only once, then died and promptly crashed. Restarted and got the invalid version error, despite server and client being updated and then crashed again.

Edit:

Just tried it per VPN in case there is some routing error and now I'm ending up on a Swedish server. Ofaloaf and Martou, pls accept my Steam friend requests, I want to try to join directly on you.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 5, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Did a DNS-Flush and tried several VPNs, always ending up on the wrong server.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
[CIR] Conan Dedicated 2x - All Welcome

Running smooth like a Cadillac. Apparently chests and workbenches are blowing up all over the place but we haven't found anyone affected by it yet.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Hammerstein posted:

Several people on Steam are reporting the last patch wiped their server.
That last patch deleted everything except the buildings on mine.

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal
Seems like the last patch messed with alot of things. People are reporting wiped chests, benches, etc. The lag seems to have become noticeably worse as well. Also, the server list seems to be broken and people are reporting weirdness with logging in/finding servers.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Looks like my server just croaked too.

I'm gonna try another verify and restart, but after that I want to watch the Superbowl.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Hammerstein posted:

Did a DNS-Flush and tried several VPNs, always ending up on the wrong server.

Had the same issue, what did work was starting up the client, alt-tabbing out and then connecting to the server from the steam server list

All our stuff is still there!

Server just went down though, but I guess that might have been you?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Martout posted:

Had the same issue, what did work was starting up the client, alt-tabbing out and then connecting to the server from the steam server list

Just hit the button this second, but it wasn't responding any more since a few minutes in the admin panel.

Did you DC just now or a few mins ago ?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Hammerstein posted:

Just hit the button this second, but it wasn't responding any more since a few minutes in the admin panel.

Did you DC just now or a few mins ago ?

few mins ago I guess?

I built the yog pit but I think someone also built a mitra altar inside our base so altar proximity might not be such a big problem after all

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Looks like the server croaked by itself then. Verification and reboot process is running atm. Guess we didn't lose anything since our server is fresh and the database still ok.

We will have so much religious conflicts when Set demands that the church of Yog no longer performs tentacle rites.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Martout posted:

Ok it's back up. Lagging like poo poo though, this patch :psyduck:

Still have that weird issue when connecting, please use Martouts workaround in the meantime.

If it crashes again, then please give me some time to get in touch with the admins at Survivalservers...plus it's also possible that the patch broke more stuff than it fixed.

Edit: Nevermind, it just crashed again...working on it...

Guess they are aware about the routing error. Taken from Steam forums:

quote:

nophex [developer]
Do you have this issue when attempting to connect from the in game server browser? We are looking into an issue now where if you join via the steam server browser it can cause you to connect to the wrong server.

P.S.:

Issue is confirmed by the devs, server is also back up for now. I'm off for a bit to watch millionaires chase a ball.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 6, 2017

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

The server I played in lost all chests. At this speed they'll wipe it clean again. A previous server I played in wiped 2 days ago... Even Mineceraft was more persistent than this. Maybe Funcom should ask some pro tips from Notch?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Our server is up and running. You can find it on the discord listed in the OP -- It's a 65GB 70 slot server on a main pipe.

Password is listed on Discord (in the OP) as well. Password will only stay for 24 hours.

In the next 24 hours there might be some ups and downs as we tune and configure our jury rigged windows in a linux box experiment.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I just won the game while watching a twitch stream of it. Gonna make the biggest dong.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Turns out objects like chests are vanishing every time a server restarts. Gotta wait for hotfix.

:shroom: :sherman: :shroom:

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011
Don't hold your breath for a hotfix on disappearing poo poo after restarts. I've had 2 tier 2 alters disappear after restarts for the last 2 days.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
CUT MY SERVER INTO PIECES, THIS IS MY LISTENING PORT
.INI, NO CONFIGGING DON'T GIVE A gently caress IF THE TITLE SAYS GRIEFING
COULD WE BE WRONG COULD WE BE RIGHT, CHANCES ARE THAT WE MIGHT, SERVER UPTIME OUT OF SIGHT, AND IM CONTEMPLATING SUICIDE

BECAUSE IM LOSING MY PING, LOSING MY TIME, WISH FUNCOM WOULD TELL ME LINUX IS FINE

LOSING MY PING, LOSING MY TIME, WISH FUNCOM WOULDN'T LIE THIS TIME

NOTHING, IS RIGHT, NOTHING IS FINE, .INIs FOR ALL TIIIIIIME
It all started when we lost our official hoster, no slots for myself, no slots for another. Tried to run our server on a higher level, gently caress it, nothing but questions and devils

BECAUSE IM LOSING MY PING, LOSING MY TIME, WISH FUNCOM WOULD TELL ME LINUX IS FINE, LOSING MY PING, LOSING MY TIME, WISH FUNCOM WOULDN'T LIE THIS TIME!

FUUUUUUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUN COOOOOOOOM, AND WINDOWS SERVERS, FUUUUUUUCK FUUUUUUUUN COOOOOOOOM AND WINDOWS SERVERS.

RIIIIIGHT?

right.

(server is down because .ini's reset on reboot, fixing.) :v:

edit:

it's back up

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 6, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

it's back up

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Following Set should give you the option to change your dongle into a snake. Poison nearby foes when your pants are off.

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
So I got 8GB of memory. I only have the game open and in my task manager it shows the game as using about 3.5GB, yet my total usage is 90%. So I must be leaking memory some where? I know the game isnt optimized completely yet, but on launch day I wasnt having this issue, but since then its been like this.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

CUT MY SERVER INTO PIECES, THIS IS MY LISTENING PORT
.INI, NO CONFIGGING DON'T GIVE A gently caress IF THE TITLE SAYS GRIEFING
COULD WE BE WRONG COULD WE BE RIGHT, CHANCES ARE THAT WE MIGHT, SERVER UPTIME OUT OF SIGHT, AND IM CONTEMPLATING SUICIDE

BECAUSE IM LOSING MY PING, LOSING MY TIME, WISH FUNCOM WOULD TELL ME LINUX IS FINE

LOSING MY PING, LOSING MY TIME, WISH FUNCOM WOULDN'T LIE THIS TIME

NOTHING, IS RIGHT, NOTHING IS FINE, .INIs FOR ALL TIIIIIIME
It all started when we lost our official hoster, no slots for myself, no slots for another. Tried to run our server on a higher level, gently caress it, nothing but questions and devils

BECAUSE IM LOSING MY PING, LOSING MY TIME, WISH FUNCOM WOULD TELL ME LINUX IS FINE, LOSING MY PING, LOSING MY TIME, WISH FUNCOM WOULDN'T LIE THIS TIME!

FUUUUUUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUN COOOOOOOOM, AND WINDOWS SERVERS, FUUUUUUUCK FUUUUUUUUN COOOOOOOOM AND WINDOWS SERVERS.

RIIIIIGHT?

right.

(server is down because .ini's reset on reboot, fixing.) :v:

edit:

it's back up

:eyepop:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Dr. Funcomstein promised that the Linux/Windows abomination would live :zombie:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So glad I can't play at all today.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Gotta love big sunday patches that break more stuff than they fix.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

wraith_5_ posted:

[CIR] Conan Dedicated 2x - All Welcome

Running smooth like a Cadillac. Apparently chests and workbenches are blowing up all over the place but we haven't found anyone affected by it yet.

Going to hop on this dumb, uncool server with a bunch of my friends so we can see how much of a dumb waste of time you stupid server is.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Goon server is cool and real.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Ofaloaf posted:

Goon server is cool and real.

lmao don't play there, I go to the west to try and build/craft when the server is passworded for goons only to loving build right now, I asked for an invite to the clan and instead they just griefed and killed me over and over, so I threatened to get into their base and got banned from the server and discord. Goons as autistic as usual

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
didnt you get banned because you threatened to glitch into someones base and destroy it

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

eonwe posted:

didnt you get banned because you threatened to glitch into someones base and destroy it

Maybe a threat without actually doing it yet is a way to try and get you to gently caress off over there? I don't get the point of griefing people when the server is locked down specifically to craft before it goes public.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Akumos posted:

Maybe a threat without actually doing it yet is a way to try and get you to gently caress off over there? I don't get the point of griefing people when the server is locked down specifically to craft before it goes public.

Maybe don't make dumb threats?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Akumos posted:

that sounds really dumb sorry

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

:allears:

This game is easily the best 30bux I've spent in a while, just solely for fellow goon tears.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Akumos posted:

You dumbass.
Were the directions in the OP too difficult?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Anyone jave a good explanation of the server ini commands and which ones work?

Trying to change carry weight and cant figure it out as both encumberance commands do squat.

• Locked thread